About the NOCO GB70 Boost HD
Dead battery blues
Dead battery blues
At some point, your vehicle will need a jump start. And if you use portable electronic devices, eventually you'll need to charge them when an outlet's not available. NOCO designed their GB70 power pack to solve life's little charging problems. The GB70 portable lithium-ion power pack delivers 2000 amps to jump start the battery in almost any vehicle, and it also features a USB port for charging your mobile devices.
Start your car up to 40 times
The GB70 can start a typical vehicle up to 40 times on one charge. The pack's battery holds its charge level for over a year, and it's rated for over 1000 charge cycles. The GB70 is suitable for jump starting cars, boats, RVs, trucks, and other vehicles with gas engines up to 8 liters or diesel engines up to 6 liters. Its patented safety protection ensures spark-proof connections and reverse polarity protection.
Portable power pack
The GB70 also works as a portable power pack for recharging portable electronics, and will power 12-volt devices such as tire inflators and power inverters. The power pack's microUSB port allows you to charge the GB70 from any USB-powered port like a wall charger, car charger, or laptop. And the Noco GC011 X-Connect 12-volt dual-size male plug (sold separately) allows you to charge the GB70 from the vehicle's 12-volt auxiliary port, for charging three times faster than charging through the USB port.
As well as charging, the GB70 also includes a built-in LED flashlight with seven modes, including SOS and emergency strobe. Its 400-lumen output will help you see at night, and also serves as a warning light when your vehicle is disabled and needs roadside assistance.
This versatile device is made to meet all your 12-volt needs. Whether your problem is a car that won't start or a dark corner of your vehicle, this NOCO will give you the juice you need.
- portable jump starter and power bank
- lithium-ion battery
- 2000A jump-start current
- jump starts gas engines up to 8 liters or diesel engines up to 6 liters
- charges and powers your 12-volt devices
- LED flashlight
- dimensions: 8-3/4"L x 6"W x 2-3/4"D (including jumper cables)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GB70
What's in the box:
- Lithium jump starter (with attached battery clamps)
- 12V Female plug
- 12V Male plug
- 27" DC cord
- 41" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Storage pouch
- User Guide
- Warranty Information
NOCO GB70 Boost HD reviews
Feature filled product. The item is also compatible with other NOCO products for connecting and running items from battery. This is useful because if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere with a dead battery, you do not need anyone else with a car to jump start you.
Pros: Has useful features. Used this to connect to OBD II memory keeper.
Cons: None thus far
0 of 0 found this helpful
Charged overnight started my 5.7 V-8 truck first try.
1 of 1 found this helpful
I haven't had the opportunity to use this yet but it arrived in a very short time and looks like it will be able to do the job. It's all charged up and ready to go.
Cons: It takes too long to charge with the usb input.
1 of 1 found this helpful
This is just great. At half-a-charge I was able to start a Volvo 2006 that had been dead in the garage for months. Fine product and good work from Crutchfield.
5 of 5 found this helpful
More details on the NOCO GB70 Boost HD
UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter: The Noco Genius BoostHD GB70 is a portable lithium-ion battery jump starter pack that delivers 2,000-amps (15,700 J3S) for jump starting a dead battery in seconds. The Genius BoostHD GB70 powerful lithium jump starter is capable of jump starting up to 40 vehicles on a single charge. It's rated for over 1,000 charge cycles and holds its charge level for over a year with minimal power loss. Its designed for a car, boat, RV, truck and more with gas engines up to 8 liters, and diesel engines up to 6 liters.
- 12V Lead-Acid Battery Compatible: The GB70 is designed to jump start 12-volt lead-acid batteries down to 2-volts. If your battery is below 2-volts, the Boost LED will be "Off". This is an indication that the GB70 can not detect a battery. If you need to jump start a battery below 2-volts there is a Manual Override feature, which allows you to force "On" the jump start function.
- Spark-Proof Connection & Reverse Polarity Protection: It features a patented safety technology that provides spark-proof connections and reverse polarity protection making it safe and easy for anyone to use.
- Integrated Heavy-Duty Battery Clamps: The GB70 features attached heavy-duty battery clamps that are 12" in length.
Note: Most vehicles will immediately start. Some vehicles may require the GB70 to be connected for up to 30 seconds before starting. If the vehicle does not start right away, wait 20-30 seconds and try again. Do not attempt more 5 consecutive jump starts within a 15 minute period. Allow the GB70 to rest for 15 minutes before attempting to jump start the vehicle again.
Simple User Interface: Noco designed the GB70's user interface to be simple and easy to understand. LED status indicators display the internal lithium battery's charge level and charging status. Error indicators show when connected in reverse polarity or temporarily disabled for thermal protection. Or simply turn on the LED flashlight, recharge a USB device, or use manual override for deeply discharged batteries.
Power Outputs: The Noco Genius BoostHD GB70 is equipped with a 5V/2.1A USB output to charge your USB mobile devices and a 12-volt output to supply power to your 12-volt electronic devices.
- USB (5V/2.1A): The built-in 5V/2.1A USB out port can power and charge your USB devices - such as smartphones, GoPro cameras, wireless headphones, and more. Devices that are frequently being used, like phones and cameras, often require more power to run all day than the device's battery is rated for. The GB70's battery pack extends the life and running time of your device. Plus, powering your device from an external battery pack will reduce the internal battery's charge cycles, extending the usable life.
- 12-Volt (15A): Connect the included DC cable and 12-volt power socket to the GB70's 12V out terminal to provide power to your 12-volt electronic device (up to 15A) that features a 12V power plug.
Charging Inputs: The Noco Genius BoostHD GB70 can be charged via a USB or 12-volt power source.
- microUSB (up to 10W): Using its microUSB input and the included microUSB-to-USB cable, the GB70 can be recharged from almost any USB power source - like and AC adapter, car charger, computer/laptop, and more. The microUSB Input is rated at 5V/2.1A to ensure safe and efficient charging of the internal lithium battery.
- 12-Volt (36W): Connect the included DC cable and 12-volt power plug to the GB70's 12V/3A input terminal to recharge the GB70 from a 12V auxiliary port or cigarette lighter port in the vehicle. This connection provides a much faster recharging time.
Charging Times: The time to recharge the GB70 will differ based on the discharge level and the power source used (actual results may vary due to battery conditions).
|Charging Time||USB Charger Rating||12V Fast Charge|
|0.5A||1A||2.A||3A @ 12V (36W)|
|28 hours||14 hours||7 hours||2-3 hours|
- The GB70 comes partially charged out of the box and needs to be fully charged prior to use.
- Due to FCC regulations, we recommend not to charge and discharge the unit at the same time.
Charge LEDs: The GB70 has four Charge LEDs - 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. These Charge LEDs indicate the internal battery's state-of-charge (SOC).
- The 25% Charge LED will pulse while charging and will be solid Red when the internal battery is 25% charged.
- The 50% Charge LED will pulse while charging and will be solid Red when the internal battery is 50% charged.
- The 75% Charge LED will pulse while charging and will be solid Yellow when the internal battery is 75% charged.
- The 100% Charge LED will pulse while charging and will be solid Green when the internal battery is fully charged.
400-Lumen 8X Ultra-Bright LED Flashlight: The GB70 feature's a built-in rechargeable, lithium-powered LED flashlight with seven light modes - 100%, 50%, 10%, SOS, Blink, Strobe, & Off. With multiple luminosity settings, it's immediately adaptable to a variety of situations. Use it's powerful flashlight will help you see your engine, changing a tire at night or even warn oncoming traffic when disabled and needing of roadside assistance.
Rugged Compact Design: This compact, pocket-sized lithium jump starter is IP65 rated (with ports closed) to protect it against water, shock, dirt, and dust. It's 8X smaller and lighter than traditional battery booster packs and conveniently stores in a glove compartment, center console, trunk, or toolbox.
Protection Circuitry: The GB70 will display an Error Condition when a reverse polarity condition is present, a battery below 2 volts, or the internal battery overheating. The Error LED will be solid Red when polarity is reversed or will blink Red when the internal battery is too hot. The Boost Light will not come on if the connected battery is below 2 volts.
Auto Shut Off: The GB70 has a built in energy saving feature that will automatically turn the unit off after 7 hours. To continue using, simply power on the unit again.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked