About the NOCO Genius 2
Versatile power for your 6- and 12-volt systems
Versatile power for your 6- and 12-volt systems
As a member of the Genius Series of portable battery chargers, NOCO's Genius 2 charges 6- and 12-volt batteries with capacities up to 40 amp-hours in cars, motorcycles, ATVs, boats, and other applications. The Genius 2 will maintain any size battery, and its five operating modes give you separate options for charging 6-volt and 12-volt lead-acid, AGM, and lithium-ion batteries. Force Mode lets you charge batteries with voltages too low to be detected.
The Genius 2's smart charging system monitors charge level, automatically shutting down to prevent over-charging. The system also automatically adjusts the charger to compensate for temperature conditions and avoid over-charging. A four-element LED display shows charge level, and the charger also has warning indicators for over-voltage, bad battery, and reverse polarity errors as well as indicators for the operating mode engaged.
Temporary or permanent connections
The charger's battery clamps and eyelet connectors give you the option of temporary or permanent connections when hooking up your charger. The included mounting strap lets you mount the charger to your wall, your workbench, or even in your vehicle's engine compartment. Its IP65 rating means it's dust tight and waterproof, so it'll withstand the elements and keep on charging.
With its multiple modes and connection options, the versatile Genius 2 charger will keep your battery topped up and your vehicle ready for the road.
- 2-amp battery charger and maintainer
- works with all 6- and 12-volt batteries (up to 40 Amp-Hours)
- short-circuit, over-voltage, and reverse polarity protection
- IP65 rated for water and dust resistance
- includes eyelet cables and battery clamps
- dimensions: 5-3/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 2-1/2"D
- weight: 1.1 lb.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GENIUS2
What's in the box:
- Battery charger & maintainer (attached 4.5' DC cable and 6' AC power cord)
- 20.5" Battery clamps w/ built-in eyelet connectors (inline 4A mini-ATC fuse)
- Mounting bracket w/ attached hook-and-loop strap
- Two 16mm screws
- User Guide&Warranty
NOCO Genius 2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NOCO Genius 2
Overview: The Noco Genius 2 is a portable and automatic 2-amp battery charger designed for charging cars, boats, RVs, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, personal watercraft, hot rods, lawn mowers, and more, both 6-volt and 12-volt lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries. The Genius 2 can also be used as a battery maintainer to keep both starter and deep-cycle batteries fully charged. It also monitors battery activity for safe and efficient charging without any overcharge. The Genius 2 includes a built-in battery desulfator, in order to rejuvenate under-performing batteries, and is suitable for charging battery capacities up to 40Ah (Amp-Hours) and maintaining all battery sizes.
Charging Technology: The Genius 2 smart battery charger utilizes the latest advancements in battery charging technology. It's built on a high-frequency and high-efficiency platform, which converts energy 30,000x faster than traditional automotive battery chargers. This efficient use of electricity not only makes Noco chargers compact, lightweight, and incredibly portable, but also minimizes energy consumption for compliance with California Energy Commission regulations.
Intelligent Maintenance Technology: Most manual, automatic or semi-automatic battery chargers continuously trickle charge batteries, making them susceptible to overcharge, which limits battery life. Noco's intelligent battery maintenance technology monitors battery activity and only begins charging when needed, and allows for continuous operation without user intervention and zero risks of overcharging your battery. An integrated thermal sensor detects the ambient temperature and alters the charge to eliminate over-charging in hot climates and under-charging in cold climates. The charger can be left connected to the battery indefinitely.
Force Mode: This mode allows the charger to be manually set, or "forced", into charging when the connected battery's voltage is too low to be detected. LED indicators will alternately flash, indicating the Genius 2 is in Force Mode. After 5 minutes, the charger will return to the normal charge operation.
Charging Modes: With the Noco Genius 2, you can simply push of a button to switch between various charging modes within one, complete multi-purpose battery charger.
- 12V (14.5V/2A): For charging 12-volt Wet Cell, Gel Cell, Enhanced Flooded, Maintenance-Free and Calcium batteries (up to 40Ah). When selected, the white 12V LED will illuminate.
- 12V AGM (14.84V/2A): For charging 12-volt advanced AGM batteries (up to 40Ah), which requires a higher than normal charging voltage. When selected, the white 12V AGM LED will illuminate.
- 12V Lithium (14.6V/2A): For charging 12-volt lithium-ion batteries (up to 40Ah), including lithium iron phosphate. When selected, the blue 12V Lithium LED will illuminate. For use on batteries with Battery Management Systems (BMS) only.
- 6V (7.25V/2A): For charging 6-volt, Wet Cell, Gel Cell, Enhanced Flooded, Maintenance-Free and Calcium batteries (up to 40Ah). When selected, the white 6V LED will illuminate.
- Force Mode (2A): For charging batteries (up to 40Ah) with a voltage lower than 1V. This charge mode will operate for 5 mins, then return to standard charging mode. When selected, all charge mode LEDs will flash while in Force Mode.
- Standby (No Power): In standby mode, the charger is not charging or providing any power to the battery. Energy Save is activated during this mode, drawing microscopic power from the electrical outlet. When selected, the orange Standby LED will illuminate.
Advanced Diagnostics: Noco chargers include built in redundant levels of safety protection for their chargers to keep you and your vehicle safe. It offers protection against reverse polarity, sparks, overcharging, over current, open-circuits, short-circuits, and overheating. Four illuminated icons can display 5 errors, Standby, Battery Voltage, Short Circuit, Reverse Polarity, and Temperature (too high/low), by lighting or flashing when a corresponding problem is detected, letting you know immediately what the problem is and how to remedy it.
Charge LEDs: The charger has four Charge LEDs (25, 50, 75, &100%). This Charge LED indicates the connected battery's state-of-charge (SOC).
- The 25% Charge LED will slowly pulse when the battery is less than 25% fully charged. When the battery is 25% charged, the red Charge LED will be solid.
- The 50% Charge LED will slowly pulse when the battery is less than 50% fully charged. When the battery is 50% charged, the red Charge LED will be solid
- The 75% Charge LED will slowly pulse when the battery is less than 75% fully charged. When the battery is 75% charged, the orange Charge LED will be solid.
- The 100% Charge LED will slowly pulse when the battery is less than 100% fully charged. When the battery is fully charged, the green LED will be solid, and the 25%, 50% and 75% Charge LEDs will turn off.
- During maintenance charging, the 100% Charge LED will pulse slowly. When the battery is topped off and fully charged again, the 100% Charge LED will turn solid green.
Efficient & Compact Design: A mix of electrical engineering and industrial design create a powerful battery charger into a tiny footprint. It uses high-frequency switch-mode technology to efficiency convert A/C power into safe D/C power for battery charging. And it's onboard microcomputer precisely controls the charging to minimize power loss to create an incredibly compact form factor.
Mounting & Installation: The Noco Genius 2 includes a bracket with hook-and-loop strap for wall mounting (screws included). It is important to keep in mind the distance to the battery. The Genius 2 is outfitted with an attached 6' AC power cord and a 4.5' DC cable. The AC power cord is terminated by a two-prong AC plug, while the 4.5' DC cable is terminated by a Noco proprietary X-Connect terminal. The DC cable plugs into the supplied 20.5" battery clamps. Noco's redesigned "Needle-Nose" clamps feature a wider clamping range (up to 1.25") and improved clamping force. Each clamp-cable is terminated in a 6mm (0.236") ring-terminal that comes pre-attached to the clamps, but can easily be disconnected for attaching directly to a battery power-terminal. Noco also offers a 10' Extension cable (sold separately). Do not connect the Genius 2's AC power plug until the battery connections are made.
Note: Check out the Accessories Tab for a full list Noco X-Connect installation accessories.
Rugged Construction w/ 3 Year Warranty: The Noco Genius 2 charger is designed for a rugged working environment. It's water, shock, dirt and dust-proof; rated at IP65. Noco battery chargers are built to last and are backed with a 3 Year Warranty.
Charging Times: The estimated time to charge a battery is shown in the table below. The size of the battery (Ah) and its depth of discharge (DOD) greatly affect its charging time. The charge time is based on an average depth of discharge to a fully charged battery and is for reference purposes only. Actual data may differ due to battery conditions. The time to charge a normally discharged battery is based on a 50% DOD.
|Battery Size (Ah)||Approximate Time to Charge (Hours)|
Battery Voltages: Charges 6-Volt and 12-Volt batteries
Types of Batteries: Suitable for Wet Cell (Flooded), Gel Cell, Calcium, Lithium-Ion, AGM, Enhanced Flooded Battery or any Maintenance-Free Battery
Battery Capacity Range: Ideal for batteries up to 40 Amp-Hours (both 6V & 12V); Suitable for maintaining all battery sizes
Output Power: 30W Max.
Charging Current: 2 Amps (6V & 12V)
Housing Protection: IP65
Voltage AC: 120-240 VAC, 50/60Hz
Low-Voltage Detection: 1V (6V & 12V)
Back Current Drain: <5mA
Cooling: Natural Convection
Operating Temperature: -4°F to +104°F
Dimensions: W = 5.340", H = 1.711", D = 2.478"
Weight: 1.1 lbs.