About the Belkin Wemo Smart Light Switch 3-Way
Upgrade your lights
Upgrade your lights
I have several three-way switches at home — meaning the same lights are controlled by more than one switch. For example, the light in my stairwell is controlled by switches at the top and bottom of the stairs. This makes perfect sense, of course, but it also means a more complicated wiring situation that isn't compatible with all smart switches.
Fortunately, this Belkin Wemo switch works with both single-pole switches and three-way switches like mine. No hub is required, and you only need to replace one of the switches in your three-way circuit with one of these Wemo switches in order to upgrade. That means if you purchase a two-pack, the second switch can be used to smarten up a completely different light.
Easy app control and configuration
You can use the Wemo app to control your lights from the comfort of your couch or from across the country. You can even create a schedule that powers them on and off at set times every day. And if you have multiple Wemo devices, they can be grouped together and controlled all at once with a two-second "long press" on this Wemo switch.
Activate "Away" mode in the app, and your lights will turn on and off at random intervals so it seems like you're home, even when you're not.
Or you can use your voice
Wemo switches are also compatible with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, and Google Home devices (sold separately), so if you want the light on, all you have to do is ask.
- two-pack includes two Belkin Wemo Smart Light Switches
- compatible with 3-way switches
- works in areas where one light is controlled by two switches
- only one smart light switch is required per 3-way circuit — second switch can be used on a different light
- also works with standard single-pole switches
- schedule, group, and control connected lights from anywhere via the free Wemo app
- use Away Mode to make it seem like you're home
- group with other Wemo devices and turn everything on or off with a single 2-second press of the switch
- app requires iOS® 11.0/Android™ 6.0 or higher
- no hub required, works with your existing Wi-Fi
- protocol: 802.11n
- frequency: 2.4 GHz
- compatible with:
- neutral wire is required for installation
- cannot be used in a circuit with a dimmer switch
- works with existing single, double, multi-switch rocker-style plates
- not designed to work with metal faceplates
- includes two single faceplates
- weight: 3.68 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WLS0403-BDL
What's in the box:
- Two 3-way Light switches (white)
- 2 White Decora faceplates (installed)
- 4 Screws (installed)
- 10 Wire nuts
- Installation Guide
- FCC compliance statement
Belkin Wemo Smart Light Switch 3-Way reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Belkin Wemo Smart Light Switch 3-Way
Overview: The Wemo Wi-Fi Smart 3-way Light Switch 2-pack from Belkin, along with the Wemo App for your Apple iOS or Android mobile device allows you to turn your lights On and Off from inside or outside your home using your Apple iOS or Android device. The switches can be used in single-pole, as well as 3-way circuits. The switch works with your existing Wi-Fi network and anywhere your smartphone or tablet has an Internet connection. No hub is required. In addition to app control, the Wemo 3-way Light Switch lets you manually turn the switch On or Off by simply tapping it. Subtle backlighting makes it easy to find in the dark.
Note: The Wemo Light Switch does not have a dimmer function.
Three-way Lights: The Wemo Smart 3-way Light Switch can be used in single-pole or 3-way circuits. Traditional 3-way switches are commonly found in hallways or stairwells, where two switches control the same light. Only one Smart Light switch is required per 3-way circuit. For a 3-way circuit, there must be Neutral wires (usually white) in the wall. Installation should only be done by certified electricians or skilled DIYers.
Note: The switch is rated at 120V / 15A / 60Hz / 1800W.
Wemo App: The Wemo app lets you control all of your Wemo products from anywhere on your Apple iOS or Android devices. You can set and edit schedules to turn lights on or off while you're away to simulate occupancy. The Wemo app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 11.3 or later, and Android devices running Android 5.1 and up.
Wemo Compatibilities: The Wi-Fi Smart 3-way Light Switch and Wemo app not only work with other Wemo products within your own system, but cross over to work with other Smart Home products and services:
- Nest Learning Thermostat: The Nest Learning Thermostat communicates with your Wemo devices to let them know how to react to the thermostat's "Home" and "Away" modes. The Nest Thermostat detects whether you're at home or away, and can turn lights or appliances on or off according to your settings. You can also perform basic adjustments to the Nest Thermostat while you are on the Wemo app.
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): The Wi-Fi Smart 3-way Light Switch, and other Wemo devices, work with Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot, and Amazon Tap, allowing you to control you devices with your voice. Simply speak voice commands to Alexa and the Wemo devices will follow your directions.
- Google Home: Google Home gives you voice control over the Wi-Fi Smart light switches and Smart Plugs you have installed in your home. You can turn on lights, ceiling fans, and other devices with just the power of your voice.
- Apple HomeKit: You can control Wemo devices with the Apple Home app and Siri from your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or HomePod.
- IFTTT (If This, Then That): If This, Then That (or IFTTT) is a service that creates relationships between apps and services to make things happen at a specific time of day or if another event takes place. For example, you could set the Wemo Wi-Fi Smart 3-way Light Switch to turn on lights in your home precisely at sundown every day (IFTTT picks up the sunset time from a weather source of your choice (Weather Channel, AccuWeather, etc.). IFTTT features dozens of "applets" for your home, your car, or just about any part of your life.
1 question already asked