About the Belkin Wemo® Switch + Motion Kit
Convenient, wireless home automation
The Wemo app offers detailed control of all of your Wemo devices.
Convenient, wireless home automation
The Belkin Wemo Switch + Motion Kit gives you convenient, wireless control of your home appliances and electronics. You can choose which devices in your home are turned on or off as soon as the included sensor detects movement.
The sensor plugs into one outlet, and sends a wireless signal when someone walks into the room. Plug the switch module into a second outlet and connect a device — lamp, heater, coffee maker or any other standard electronic device — and that item will turn on when the sensor picks up motion in the room.
The Wemo app offers detailed control
The Wemo app is a free download that allows you to set up specific instructions for any appliances you've connected to the Wemo Switch + Motion. You can set a rule that turns a light on when motion is detected, but restrict that rule to the evening hours, so you don't have to feel around for a light switch when returning home after dark.
You can also set vacation timers that turn the Wemo switch on and off according to any schedule you choose, so it looks like you're home. The app gives you flexible remote control over any devices you connect to a Wemo product. And the Wemo system is modular — you can add more switches to control devices in different areas of your home.
"If this, then that" (IFTTT) functionality
IFTTT is a free online tool that links your favorite apps, social networks, and web services in order to create customizable "If this, then that" sequences, known as "recipes." To create a recipe, you just define what "x" event leads to which "y" event. For example, if your Wemo motion sensor detects that you've left the bedroom, then the curling iron shuts off. Or if your Wemo detects motion in your home's front hallway, then send a text alert to your mobile phone. The possibilities for automating and monitoring your home are wide open.
- motion sensor offers wireless control of electronic devices
- uses your home Wi-Fi® network
- Wemo app gives you control via Android™ and Apple devices with iOS® 5 or higher (not included)
- compatible with Amazon Echo (Alexa) and Google Home voice control
- modular system allows you to add more Wemo switches as needed
- motion sensor detects motion up to 10 feet away
- switch and motion kit plug into common 120v wall outlets
- compatible with free Wemo app (available via iTunes or the Google Play store)
- create customizable "If this, then that" sequences
- sensor connects to wall plug via included 6' cable
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F5Z034fc
What's in the box:
- Power Switch
- Motion Sensor
- Quick Install Guide
Belkin Wemo® Switch + Motion Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Belkin Wemo® Switch + Motion Kit
Switch + Motion Kit: The Belkin Wemo Switch + Motion Kit gives you wireless control of your home appliances and electronics, turning devices of your choice On or Off as soon as movement is detected. The Motion Sensor plugs into an outlet and detects motion up to 10' away. It then sends a wireless WiFi signal to the Wemo Switch to turn the connected device either On or Off. You'll need to download the free Wemo app to your Apple iOS or Android device to setup and manage the Wemo system.
Wemo Collection: The Wemo Switch + Motion Kit is part of Belkin's Wemo home automation system. The Wemo collection of products are designed to work together via the free Wemo App so that you control and monitor as much or as little of your home as you like. You can easily add additional Wemo products including Smart LED Bulbs, Wemo Switch, Wemo Motion, Wemo Light Switch, or Wemo Insight Switches (all sold separately) at any time to any room to control and monitor multiple devices or appliances. The number of Wemo products you can control depends on the number of wireless devices your wireless router can support.
Network Requirements: Wemo operates via your home's wireless network over WiFi and is compatible with 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4GHz wireless networks. It also supports WPA, WPA2, and WEP securities. The wireless range of the Wemo home automation system will be dependent on your home's wireless network, but can reach up to 300'. The Wemo system can be controlled inside or outside of the home.
- Inside The Home: Wemo uses your home network to create its own "Wemo network". Using the free Wemo app on your Apple iOS/Android device, you can control your Wemo system from anywhere in your home. You can easily control multiple Wemo units from one device or different mobile devices running the Wemo app..
- Outside The Home: Remote Access is automatically enabled when you set up system Wemo system, as long as the network you are using has an Internet connection. With remote access enabled, you can control the Wemos system from anywhere your iOS or Android device has an Internet connection. This includes other WiFi networks or your 3G/4G mobile connection. When the Wemo App is launched outside your home, the App contacts the Belkin cloud, the cloud redirects the phone's request to the appropriate Wemo unit(s), and then you can see and control all of your Wemo devices.
Note: Internet connection issues will not affect rules & schedules that are stored on the Wemo; it will only affect remote access from your smartphone or tablet. Meaning, the rules & schedules that you have set up will still function in your local network. However, if your home's wireless network is down, the Wemo's preconfigured rules & schedules will not function.
Simple Installation & Operation: The Belkin Wemo Switch + Motion Kit doesn't require any custom installation or expensive hard wiring. All you need is the Wemo Switch + Motion Kit, a WiFi network connected to the Internet, the free Wemo App on your Apple iOS/Android device, two or more free AC outlets, and the electronic device you want to turn on/off.
Appliance & Electronic Device Compatibility: You can essentially control almost any appliance or electronic device via Belkin's Wemo Switch + Motion Kit. It could be a lamp, a fan, a coffee-maker, a heater, or a stereo. Some devices such as televisions or air conditioners, will not automatically turn back On when Wemo is turned On. This is because these devices have a different type of power switch. There are two types of power switches - Digital and Mechanical.
- Devices such as lamps and fans normally have mechanical power switches, meaning they are either On or Off.
- Televisions and other devices that use remotes or push button controls with digital displays have digital switches; devices like this are either On or in Standby.
Note: If you plug your television into Wemo and turn the Wemo Off, it will remove power from the television, turning it Off in the process. If you try to turn your television back On with its remote control, it will not turn On as it has no power going to it. When you turn the Wemo on, it supplies power back to your television, which will then go into Standby. You will then need to use its remote to turn it back On.
Power Switch: The Wemo Power Switch has a 3-prong AC connector on the back that will need to be plugged into a free AC outlet of your home, and on the front is a single 3-prong outlet to connect the appliance or electronic device you want to remotely turn On or Off. You can even plug in a power strip or surge protector to the Power Switch's single outlet in order to control multiple devices from one Power Switch. The Wemo Power Switch is rated at 15 Amps/1800 Watts at 110 Volts U.S. Each device you connect will count toward that limit; make sure not to exceed that amount or you will damage the Wemo device. Wemo Power Switcch, itself, uses less than 1.5 watts.
Motions Sensor: The Motion Sensor also gets plugged into an AC outlet. The Motion Sensor's 6' cord lets you place it in the optimal position; the Motion sensor should be placed directly in front of where motion is to be detected. It detects movement up to 10' away and wirelessly (via WiFi) signals the Wemo Power Switch to turn the connected device On or Off, depending on your preference.
Modular Design: The Wemo Switch + Motion kit is completely modular, allowing you to control as much or as little of your house as you like. You can add an additional Wemo Power Switches to provide control of more areas of your home. Additionally, multiple switches can be linked to one Motion Sensor, so you can turn on a light and heater or a set of lights at the same time with only one Motion Sensor.
Wemo App (for Apple iOS & Android): Download the free Wemo App (from the Apple App Store or Google Play) onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (4.0+) device to setup the Wemo Switch + Motion Kit and control any electronic device which is plugged into the Wemo system. From the app, you can manage all your Wemo devices, as well as set rules and schedules. The Wemo App and system supports up to six mobile devices on the same local network.
- Management: You are able to view all of your Wemo device and manage them from the Wemo app on your smartphone or tablet device. Once you have selected a Wemo device, you can manually turn its connected appliance or electronic device On or Off.
- Rules & Schedules: The Wemo app allows you to
create and manage Rules & Schedules for your Wemo devices and connected
appliances or electronic devices. There are a variety of different types of
Rules & Schedules to choose from.
- Turn Off/Off: You can select a particular time for an appliance or electronic device to turn On and Off. For example, set the coffee-maker to automatically turn Off at 11am, or a lamp to automatically turn On at exactly 5pm.
- Turn On Until: This allows you to turn your devices On and Off according to your schedule. For example, you can set your bedroom lamp to be on from 5pm to 10pm.
- Sunrise/Sunset: You can create Sunrise and Sunset times for your area, so that you can set multiple devices to turn On or Off at these selected times everyday.
- Turn ON/Off Motion: Setup your Wemo system's appliances and electronic devices to turn On/Off based on the input received from the Wemo Motion Sensor. You can select a device to Turn On or Turn Off with or without motion for a pre-determined amount of time.
- Away Mode: Away Mode turns your Wemo devices On and Off at different times to appear as if you are at home. We Wemo devices will turn On and Off randomly, staying on at least 30minutes each time, for the duration of the rule.
Note: If you want to set up another Wemo automation system in a second home with remote access, you will need to set it up with a different mobile device aside from the one you used to set up the Wemo system in your first home. For example, if you used your iPhone to set up the Wemo devices in your home, you would need to use another mobile device, like your iPad or Android smartphone/tablet to set up the second Wemo system in your other home.
IFTTT: If This Then That (IFTTT) is a service that allows you to combine different online services together. By integrating Wemo with IFTTT, Wemo can be triggered by a variety of online services including, email, weather, phone calls, Twitter, Facebook, and many more. Example of using Wemo and IFTTT.
- Email Notification: When you receive an email, the lamp connected to your Wemo switch turns On to notify you of the email so you will not miss important emails while doing other things.
- Daily Reminders: Use Wemo and IFTTT to remind your of certain things. For example, you can place the Wemo Motion Sensor device next to your cat's litter box. When triggered, you will receive an e-mail informing you that the box needs to be cleaned.
- Activity In Your Home: You can setup the system so that every time the Wemo Motion Sensor is triggered, it will create an event in Google Calendar so you can see a record of activity in your home.
- Door Monitor: You can setup your Wemo system so that when the Motion Sensor next to a door is triggered, you will receive a text message alert informing you of a door opening.
- Auto Facebook Status: You can inform you Facebook friends with your activities through a status update that will be automatically posted once you trigger the Wemo Motion Sensor. For example, placing the motion sensor near the kitchen will send an update that can inform your online friends about your recent activities in the kitchen (e.g. cooking or baking).
- Auto Twitter Updates: You can use Wemo and IFTTT to help you send updates to your followers on Twitter. For example, placing the Wemo Power Switch next to a radio can prompt an update to your followers that you're currently listening to interesting tunes on the radio when its powered on.
- Power Switch: 3.0" (w) x 4.5625" (h) x 2.25" (d)
- Motion Sensor (two-piece):
- Power Adapter: 3.0" (w) x 4.5625" (h) x 2.125" (d)
- Sensor: 1.6875" (diameter) x 2.1875" (h)