About the Belkin Wemo® Switch
Convenient, wireless home automation
The Belkin Wemo Switch gives you convenient, wireless control of your home appliances and electronics. You can turn devices on or off using the free Wemo app on your Apple® or Android™ mobile device, without having to get up in the middle of movie night.
Plug the switch into a standard 120V outlet and connect a device — lamp, heater, coffee maker, etc. — and that item becomes part of your remote-controlled home automation network.
The Wemo app offers detailed control
The Wemo app is a free download that allows you to set up specific instructions for any appliances you've connected to the Wemo Switch.
You can set a rule that turns a light on at a certain time of day, so you don't have to feel around for a light switch when returning home after dark. Or set a vacation timer that turns the Wemo switch on and off according to any schedule you choose, so it looks like you're home. And the Wemo system is modular — you can add more switches to control devices in different areas of your home whenever you like.
- uses your home Wi-Fi® network
- switch plugs into common AC wall outlet
- compatible with free Wemo mobile app
- for Apple and Android mobile devices
- create customizable "If this, then that" sequences
- compatible with Amazon Echo (Alexa) and Google Home voice control
- modular system allows you to add more Wemo switches as needed
- 3"W x 4-9/16"H x 1-7/16"D (plugged in)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F7C027fc
What's in the box:
- WeMo smart switch
- Quick Install Guide
Belkin Wemo® Switch reviews
More details on the Belkin Wemo® Switch
Overview: The Belkin Wemo Smart Switch is a Wi-Fi enabled plug-in switch that allows you to turn electronic devices on or off from anywhere. The switch uses your existing home Wi-Fi network to control most any plug-in device, from TVs and stereos, to lamps, fans, small appliances, and heaters. The switch also works with Android and Apple iOS devices through a mobile internet connection (3G or 4G). The Wemo Switch plugs into any outlet in your home, and has a single standard AC outlet for plugging in the device you want to control. Your Wemo system requires you to download the Wemo app onto your smart phone or tablet. From the app, you can turn the device on or off, and set schedules for the device.
Wemo App: The Wemo app lets you control all of your Wemo products from anywhere on your Apple iOS or Android devices. The app can send notifications to your device, if desired, reminding you when certain events take place, such as the dryer cycle has ended, or when you have left a light on. You can set and edit schedules to turn lights on or off while you're away to simulate occupancy. The Wemo app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later, and is available from the Apple App Store. It is also compatible with Android devices running Android 4.4 and up, and available from Google Play.
Wemo Compatibilities: The Wemo Switch and Wemo app not only work with other Wemo products within your own system, but cross over to work with other Smart Home products and services:
- Nest Learning Thermostat: The Nest Learning Thermostat communicates with your Wemo devices to let them know how to react to the thermostat's "Home" and "Away" modes. The Nest Thermostat detects whether you're at home or away, and can turn lights or appliances on or off according to your settings. You can also perform basic adjustments to the Nest Thermostat while you are on the Wemo app.
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): The Wemo Switch, and other Wemo devices work with Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot, and Amazon Tap, allowing you to control you devices with your voice. Simply speak voice commands to Alexa and the Wemo devices will follow your directions.
- IFTTT (If This, Then That): If This, Then That (or IFTTT) is a service that creates relationships between apps and services to make things happen at a specific time of day or if another event takes place. For example, you could set the Wemo Switch to turn on a lamp in your home precisely at sundown every day (IFTTT picks up the sunset time from a weather source of your choice (Weather Channel, AccuWeather, etc.). IFTTT features dozens of "applets" for your home, your car, or just about any part of your life.
1 question already asked