About the Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Dimmer
Control your lights from anywhere
Control your lights from anywhere
The first place I added a smart dimmer switch was my bedroom. I love that when I'm done reading, I can turn my lights off from my phone while I'm still warm and cozy in bed. It's also so nice to be able to turn my lights on just a little in the early morning instead of blasting them at full brightness.
My husband, who is not a smart home fan, appreciates that he can still use the wall switch. It's good to have options, and this Wemo WiFi Smart Dimmer gives you a lot of them — and it does it without the need to buy a separate control hub.
Use your voice
App control is convenient, but your phone isn't always handy. Fortunately, Wemo switches are also compatible with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant devices (sold separately), so if you want the light on, all you have to do is ask.
More app options
The Wemo app lets you create a schedule that powers your switch on and off at set times every day. And if you have multiple Wemo devices, they can be grouped together and controlled all at once with a two-second "long press" on this Wemo switch.
Activate "Away" mode in the app, and your lights will turn on and off at random intervals so it seems like you're home, even when you're not. "Night" mode lets you set your lights to turn on at a more eye-friendly brightness level during certain hours.
- compatible with single-pole switches
- schedule, group, and control connected lights from anywhere via the free Wemo app
- use Away Mode to make it seem like you're home
- Night Mode lets you set your dimmer to turn on to a lower level during certain hours
- group with other Wemo devices and turn everything on or off with a single 2-second press of the switch
- app requires iOS® 11.0/Android™ 6.0 or higher
- no hub required, works with your existing Wi-Fi
- protocol: 802.11n
- frequency: 2.4 GHz
- compatible with:
- neutral wire is required for installation
- works with LEDs, CFLS, and incandescent bulbs
- max wattage: 400W incandescent, 150W CFL or LED
- works with existing single, double, and multi-switch rocker-style plates
- not designed to work with metal faceplates
- includes single faceplate
- not compatible with 3-way (multi-location control) switches
- 3-5/16"W x 5-1/16"H x 2-1/8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WDS060
What's in the box:
- Wi-Fi Smart Dimmer (white)
- 4 Wire nuts
- Setup Guide
- FCC Statement of Conformity
Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Dimmer reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Dimmer
Wemo Smart Dimmer: The Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Dimmer (WDS060) lets you control and dim the lights from inside or outside your home using your Apple iOS or Android device. The dimmer works with your existing Wi-Fi network -- no hub is required. In addition to app control, the Wemo Smart Dimmer lets you manually dim or brighten the lights directly at the dimmer. The dimmer fits into a standard single- or multi-switch box, but is not compatible with 3-way switches.
Wemo Collection: The Wemo Smart Dimmer is part of Belkin's Wemo home automation system. The Wemo collection of products are designed to work together via the free Wemo App so that you control and monitor as much or as little of your home as you like. You can easily add additional Wemo products (sold separately) at any time to any room to control and monitor multiple devices or appliances. The number of Wemo products you can control depends on the number of wireless devices your wireless router can support.
Bulb Compatibility: The Wemo Smart Dimmer can self-calibrate in order to work with a wide variety of bulbs, including LEDs, CFLs, and incandescent, without flickering. Maximum recommended wattage is 400W for incandescent bulbs, and 150W for CFLs and LEDs.
Network Requirements: Wemo operates via your home's wireless network over Wi-Fi and is compatible with 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4GHz wireless networks. It also supports WPA, WPA2, and WEP securities. The wireless range of the Wemo home automation system will be dependent on your home's wireless network, but can reach up to 300'. The Wemo system can be controlled inside or outside of the home:
- Inside The Home: Wemo uses your home network to create its own "Wemo network". Using the free Wemo app on your Apple iOS/Android device, you can control your Wemo system from anywhere in your home. You can easily control multiple Wemo units from one device or different mobile devices running the Wemo app.
- Outside The Home: Remote Access is automatically enabled when you set up the Wemo system, as long as the network you are using has an Internet connection. With remote access enabled, you can control the Wemo system from anywhere your iOS or Android device has an Internet connection. This includes other Wi-Fi networks or your 3G/4G mobile connection. When the Wemo App is launched outside your home, the App contacts the Belkin cloud, the cloud redirects the phone's request to the appropriate Wemo unit(s), and then you can see and control all of your Wemo devices.
DIY Installation: The Wemo Smart Dimmer was designed for DIY installation. The included faceplate seamlessly clicks onto the wall and hides the screws underneath. If you don't want to install it yourself, a certified electrician and professional Wemo installer can connect the Wemo Smart Dimmer for you. The Smart Dimmer should not be used with metal face plates, as they interfere with Wi-Fi signals.
Wemo App (for Apple iOS and Android): The Wemo Smart Dimmer works with the free Wemo App, available from the Apple App Store or Google Play, for devices running iOS 12.0 or later or Android 5.1 or higher. The app also allows you to set up everyday schedules, as well as schedules for when you're on vacation. The Wemo App supports up to six mobile devices on the same local network. On the app, you can perform the following tasks:
- Management: You can view all of your Wemo devices and manage them from the app on your smartphone or tablet. You can group certain Wemo devices together to control multiple fixtures with a single press.
- Rules and Schedules: The app allows you to create and manage a variety of Rules and Schedules for your Wemo products.
Voice Control: The Wemo Smart Dimmer works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Hey Google for hands-free voice control over your lights.
Night Mode: You can choose a Night Mode for use at specific times to prevent bright-light blinding late at night. Whether you're checking in on sleeping kids or raiding the fridge, the Night Mode turns on the lights at a lower-than-normal level to give you enough light to see, but not enough to disturb others.
IFTTT: If This Then That (IFTTT) is a service that allows you to combine different online services together. By integrating Wemo with IFTTT, Wemo can be triggered by a variety of online services including email, weather, phone calls, Twitter, Facebook, and many more. IFTTT can send you push notifications about light activity, and more.
Works With Nest: The Wemo Smart Dimmer can be paired with Nest's Thermostat, and use Nest's Home and Away modes to sync with the dimmer for automatic lighting control. Nest can tell when you're at home or away, and can help you conserve energy by keeping lights off when you're away and turn them on when you get home.
- Smart Dimmer: 1.714" (w) x 4.135" (h) x 1.703" (d)
- Faceplate: 3.292" (w) x 5.019" (h) x 0.254" (d)
The Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Dimmer replaces these items
- remotely turn on, turn off, or dim your lights
- free Wemo control app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- compatible with Amazon Echo and Google Home voice controllers