About the Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Light Switch
Control your lights — without getting up
Control your lights — without getting up
I have two cats, two dogs, and occasional foster pets, so sometimes getting up off the couch isn't an option. That's one reason I love my smart lighting — I can use an app on my phone to turn off the lights without displacing a single pet. And with this Wemo switch, there's no hub required — it connects directly to your Wi-Fi to add smart functionality to your porch lights, ceiling fan, recessed lighting, or almost anything else controlled by an on/off wall switch.
Use your voice
App control is convenient, but your phone isn't always handy. Fortunately, Wemo switches are also compatible with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, and Google Home devices (sold separately), so if you want the light on, all you have to do is ask.
More app options
The Wemo app lets you create a schedule that powers your switch on and off at set times every day. And if you have multiple Wemo devices, they can be grouped together and controlled all at once with a two-second "long press" on this Wemo switch.
Activate "Away" mode in the app, and your lights will turn on and off at random intervals so it seems like you're home, even when you're not.
- compatible with single-pole switches
- schedule, group, and control connected lights from anywhere via the free Wemo app
- use Away Mode to make it seem like you're home
- group with other Wemo devices and turn everything on or off with a single 2-second press of the switch
- app requires iOS® 11.0/Android™ 6.0 or higher
- no hub required, works with your existing Wi-Fi
- protocol: 802.11n
- frequency: 2.4 GHz
- compatible with:
- neutral wire is required for installation
- cannot be used in a circuit with a dimmer switch
- works with existing single, double, and multi-switch rocker-style plates
- not designed to work with metal faceplates
- includes single faceplate
- weight: 3.2 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WLS040
What's in the box:
- Light switch (white)
- White Decora faceplate (installed)
- 2 Screws (installed)
- 4 Wire nuts
- Installation Guide
- FCC compliance statement
Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Light Switch reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Light Switch
Overview: The Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Light Switch from Belkin, along with the Wemo App for your Apple iOS or Android mobile device allows you to turn your lights On and Off from inside or outside your home using your Apple iOS or Android device. The switches can be used in single-pole circuits only. It is not compatible with 3-way circuits. The switch works with your existing Wi-Fi network and anywhere your smartphone or tablet has an Internet connection. No hub is required. In addition to app control, the Wemo Smart Light Switch lets you manually turn the switch On or Off by simply tapping it. Subtle backlighting makes it easy to find in the dark.
Notes: The Wemo Light Switch does not have a dimmer function. It is rated at 120V, with maximum wattage 400W (incandescent) or 150W (CFL or LED).
Wemo App: The Wemo app lets you control all of your Wemo products from anywhere on your Apple iOS or Android devices. You can set and edit schedules to turn lights on or off while you're away to simulate occupancy. The Wemo app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 11.3 or later, and Android devices running Android 5.1 and up.
Wemo Compatibilities: The Wi-Fi Smart Light Switch and Wemo app not only work with other Wemo products within your own system, but cross over to work with other Smart Home products and services:
- Nest Learning Thermostat: The Nest Learning Thermostat communicates with your Wemo devices to let them know how to react to the thermostat's "Home" and "Away" modes. The Nest Thermostat detects whether you're at home or away, and can turn lights or appliances on or off according to your settings. You can also perform basic adjustments to the Nest Thermostat while you are on the Wemo app.
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): The Wi-Fi Smart Light Switch, and other Wemo devices, work with Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot, and Amazon Tap, allowing you to control you devices with your voice. Simply speak voice commands to Alexa and the Wemo devices will follow your directions.
- Google Home: Google Home gives you voice control over the Wi-Fi Smart light switches and Smart Plugs you have installed in your home. You can turn on lights, ceiling fans, and other devices with just the power of your voice.
- Apple HomeKit: You can control Wemo devices with the Apple Home app and Siri from your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or HomePod.
- IFTTT (If This, Then That): If This, Then That (or IFTTT) is a service that creates relationships between apps and services to make things happen at a specific time of day or if another event takes place. For example, you could set the Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Light Switch to turn on lights in your home precisely at sundown every day (IFTTT picks up the sunset time from a weather source of your choice (Weather Channel, AccuWeather, etc.). IFTTT features dozens of "applets" for your home, your car, or just about any part of your life.