About the Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Plug Bundle
A compact, hub-free way to smarten up your home
A compact, hub-free way to smarten up your home
I have a bunch of Wemo Smart Plugs, and they work really well. But the one thing that bugs me about the older model I have is its width — if I use it in outlets with more than two plugs, it blocks the neighboring plugs. That should not be a problem with these new Wemo WiFi Smart Plugs, because they are 45% smaller than my older "Mini" version.
These Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Plugs are compact enough that you can use more than one in an outlet.
But they are just as useful for smartening up your gear. Anything you plug into one of these compact outlets — lamps, fans, and more — can be powered up or down easily with the Wemo mobile app, even if you're across town at the office. This bundle includes three plugs than can connect directly to your Wi-Fi, so you don't even need to purchase and set up a hub to use them.
There's a handy power button on the side for anyone in the household who prefers a more manual approach.
If you use your connected device on a pretty predictable schedule, you can create "rules" in the app. For example, I have seasonal lights (pumpkins, currently) connected to one of my Wemo plugs, and I used the Wemo app to schedule them to come on at 5 every evening. I have them set to turn off at 10 so I don't have to think about it.
Or use your voice
These Smart Plugs are compatible with Apple HomeKit (Siri), Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant devices (sold separately), so if you want your connected lamp or fan to turn on, all you have to do is ask.
- package includes three Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Plugs
- switches plug into standard AC wall outlet
- offers remote control of connected lights, electronics, and small appliances with free Wemo mobile app
- no hub required, works with your existing Wi-Fi
- operates on 2.4 GHz band
- compact design doesn't block other outlets
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control devices (sold separtately)
- compatible with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and IFTTT
- manual power button on the side
- 2-3/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 1-1/4"D (each)
- weight: 3.52 oz. (each)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WSP080-BD3
What's in the box:
- 3 Wi-Fi controlled electrical outlets
- Setup Guide
- FCC Statement
Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Plug Bundle reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Plug Bundle
Overview: The Belkin WeMo Smart Plug (WSP080-BD3) 3-Pack contains three Wi-Fi-enabled plug-in AC outlets that allow you to turn electronic devices on or off with your smartphone or tablet. The Smart Plug is approximately 45% smaller than the Wemo Mini, and is small enough that it doesn't obstruct other outlets. The plug uses your existing home Wi-Fi network (IEEE 801.11n, 2.4GHz) to control almost any plug-in device, from TVs and stereos, to lamps, fans, small appliances, and heaters. The Smart Plug works with any outlet in your home, and has a single standard AC outlet for plugging in the device you want to control. With the WeMo app onto your smartphone or tablet, you can turn the device on or off, and set schedules. The WeMo Smart Plug is designed for residential indoor usage, and should be used in dry areas only.
Note: The Smart Plug's electrical rating is 120V AC / 15A / 60Hz / 1800W.
WeMo App: The WeMo app lets you control all of your WeMo products from anywhere on your Apple iOS or Android device. You can set and edit schedules to turn lights on or off while you're away to simulate occupancy. The app also lets you pair the Smart Plug with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or the Google Assistant for controlling your appliances or lights with your voice. The WeMo app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 12.0 or later, and is available from the Apple App Store. It is also compatible with Android devices running Android 5.1 and up, and available from Google Play.
WeMo Compatibilities: The WeMo Smart Plug and WeMo app not only work with other WeMo products within your own system, but cross over to work with other Smart Home products and services:
- Nest Learning Thermostat: The Nest Learning Thermostat communicates with your WeMo devices to let them know how to react to the thermostat's "Home" and "Away" modes. The Nest Thermostat detects whether you're at home or away, and can turn lights or appliances on or off according to your settings. You can also perform basic adjustments to the Nest Thermostat while you are on the WeMo app.
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): The WeMo Smart Plug and other WeMo devices, work with Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot, and Amazon Tap, allowing you to control you devices with your voice. Simply speak voice commands to Alexa and the WeMo devices will follow your directions.
- Google Home: Google Home gives you voice control over the devices you have plugged into the WeMo Smart Plug. You can turn on lights, fans, heaters, or other devices with just the power of your voice.
- Apple HomeKit: You can control Wemo devices with the Apple Home app and Siri from your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or HomePod.
- IFTTT (If This, Then That): If This, Then That (or IFTTT) is a service that creates relationships between apps and services to make things happen at a specific time of day or if another event takes place. For example, you could set the WeMo Smart Plug to turn on a lamp in your home precisely at sundown every day (IFTTT picks up the sunset time from a weather source of your choice (Weather Channel, AccuWeather, etc.). IFTTT features dozens of "applets" for your home, your car, or just about any part of your life.
The Belkin Wemo WiFi Smart Plug Bundle replaces these items
- each switch plugs into a standard AC wall outlet
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home voice control
- works with the free Wemo mobile app