About the Soundmatters MAINstage HD
Enjoy better TV sound without filling your room with speakers. The stylish and compact MAINstage HD from Soundmatters delivers engaging virtual surround sound from all of your TV shows, DVD movies, VHS tapes, video games, and CDs. It sits right on top of your TV, so you don't have to sacrifice any shelf or floor space.
- all-in-one set-top speaker houses:
- two 2" x 2-3/4" full-range speakers
- 4" woofer
- 2 x 20 watts for main speakers; 40 watts for woofer
- frequency response 60-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- provides three-dimensional theater sound with mono, stereo, or Dolby® Digital sources
- video-shielded (prevents magnetic distortion on tube TVs)
- 2 analog audio inputs (including 1 stereo minijack input)
- 2 digital audio inputs (1 optical, 1 coaxial)
- line-level subwoofer output
- remote control
- includes AngleEase® leveling feet, stereo audio cable, optical digital able, coaxial digital cable, mini-jack audio cable, and mini-jack-to-RCA cable
- 16-3/4"W x 2-15/16"H x 9-7/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MSHD-S
What's in the box:
- MAINstage HD unit
- 6-1/2' AC power cord
- Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 3 Angle-Ease feet
- One 3-3/4" threaded post
- 6-1/3' RCA cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors on each end)
- 6-1/3' Mini cable (has a male minijack stereo connector on each end)
- 6-1/3' Optical digital cable (has a standard Toslink connector on each end)
- 6-1/3' Coaxial digital cable (has a single RCA connector on each end)
- 6-1/3' Audio cable (male stereo mini on one end and two male RCA jacks on the other)
- Owner's manual
- Quick Set-up Guide
Soundmatters MAINstage HD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Soundmatters MAINstage HD
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||---|
|Optical Digital Inputs||---|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||---|
|HDMI ARC Input||---|
|HDMI eARC Input||---|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||---|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||---|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|System Frequency Response||---|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||---|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||---|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||---|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||---|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||---|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||---|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||---|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||---|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||---|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||---|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||---|
Overview: The MAINstage HD is an all-in-one set-top box that houses the following: two 2" x 2-3/4" full-range speakers, one 4" subwoofer, and an internal amplifier that sends 20 watts to each of the main speakers and 40 watts to the subwoofer. This unit accepts input from digital and analog sources. The Zoran VMD algorithms allow the MAINstage HD to extract spatial information from mono, stereo, and Dolby encoded material, allowing you to enjoy convincing sound from just the two built-in high-quality drivers and built-in subwoofer.
Linear Magnetic Drive Technology: The speakers in the MAINstage HD use patented Linear Magnetic Drive technology and ultra-powerful neodymium-sandwich magnets that allow them to go deeper, play louder and cleaner than otherwise possible.
Angle Ease Leveling System: The AngleEase leveling system allows you to angle the MAINstage HD to suit its position, angled directly at you.
Speaker Protection: The MAINstage HD uses a state-of-the-art digital amplifier section that allows significantly higher music peaks to be heard cleanly. If the system is played at levels that might harm the speakers, the amplifiers will shut down to protect the speakers from damage.
Auto Turn-on/Turn-off: The MAINstage HD has an automatic turn-on/turn-off feature. It will turn off (standby mode) when the source equipment (TV, etc.) has no sound output for approximately one minute (immediate for digital inputs) and will immediately turn on again when a signal is present.
Rear Output: There is a 3.5mm mini-jack output for rear channel information. You can add a second MAINstage HD or another type of amplified speakers for a complete 5.1 surround experience.
Subwoofer Output: There is a 3.5mm mini-jack output for a subwoofer. You can add a Soundmatters SUBstage 100 or another brand powered sub.
Magnetically Shielded: The MAINstage HD is magnetically shielded, and can be placed close to a computer monitor or television without distorting the image on your screen.
Placement: For optimum performance and stereo imaging, the system should be placed directly in front of you. Mounting the system at or above ear level typically provides the best sound. Use the included AngleEase mounting hardware to angle the MAINstage HD so the front points directly at you. Make sure there is space above, behind, and ideally at either side of the system to allow bass to flow into the room.
- Input 1: 3.5mm mini-jack with input gain sensitivity adjustment
- Input 2: left and right RCA
- Input 3: coaxial digital
- Input 4: optical digital
- Rear: 3.5mm mini-jack for line level rear signal
- Sub: 3.5mm mini-jack for line level subwoofer signal