Powersports alarm system
Item # 6073121V | MFR # 3121V
$199.99 Earn up to 200 Rewards points
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Viper 3121V by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Keep your gear secure and your mind at ease
Viper designed and engineered their 3121V security system specifically for motorcycles, ATVs, boats, personal watercrafts, and snowmobiles. This alarm system features two 2-button waterproof remotes, a compact, waterproof alarm module, and a miniature water-resistant siren. The alarm also features a closed loop trigger, which is great for protecting helmets, saddlebags, and other valuables. You snake the trigger wire through your item, and if the wire gets broken, the alarm sounds.
Using the adjustable onboard shock and tilt sensor, the system will warn off most would-be thieves messing with your vehicle. An extra trigger input and an auxiliary output give this alarm system the versatility to work for you in almost any configuration, including controlling cabin door locks and lighting. If someone tries to steal a motorcycle armed with a 3121V, the anti-jacking mode will activate the siren, flash the parking lights, and disable the engine.
- powersport security system
- designed for motorcycles, boats, ATVs, and more
- two 2-button waterproof 1-way remote controls
- waterproof main module with wiring harness
- IP66 rating (splash-proof)
- shock and tilt sensor onboard
- water-resistant siren
- loop trigger for protecting helmets and other valuables
- auxiliary trigger input
- anti-motorcycle-jacking protection
- auxiliary output to operate additional accessories like locks and lights
- panic alarm
- valet mode overrides alarm
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Control module with integrated 15-wire harness with inline 5A fuse on power wire and 15A fuse on park light wire (see more info for individual wire lengths)
- SPO-80 Piezo siren with 15" wire leads
- LED (pre-installed in mount with adhesive backing and attached 38" cord)
- Two 7121V 2-button remotes with installed CR2032 battery
- Owner's/install guide
- 2 "Viper" stickers
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Overview: The Viper Powersports 3121V Security System is an alarm system designed specifically for motorcycles, ATVs, boats, PWCs, and snowmobiles. This compact and water-resistant security system includes two small, 2-button, waterproof remotes and features a built-in shock & tilt sensor, a universal trigger input, an auxiliary output, and a closed-loop trigger for protecting helmets and other valuables. The 3121V carries an IP66 rating, making it impervious to dust and water spray.
Alarm Triggers: The 3121V includes 4 methods of triggering:
- Tilt/Shock Sensor: The alarm control module includes a built-in
tilt and shock sensor that will trigger the alarm if the vehicle is struck a
sharp blow or tilted to a certain degree. Sensitivity for both can be set in
the Programmable Features options.
- Tilt Sensitivity: 1˚, 5˚ (default), 15˚, and 30˚.
- Shock Sensitivity: Levels 1 - 8 (default is 3).
- Instant Trigger: A single blue wire is provided that will trigger the alarm if it receives a (-) ground input, such as from a pin-switch or an optional single-zone sensor.
- Ignition Trigger: If the ignition is turned on while the system is armed, the siren will sound and the parking lights will flash for 30 seconds. The system will repeat this 30 second cycle until the ignition is turned off.
- Closed Loop Trigger: Included in the main wiring bundle are 2 violet/white wires, each terminated with a male or female bullet connector. When plugged into each other, the wires complete a "loop", that if pulled apart when the system is armed, will trigger the alarm. This is a very useful security feature for protecting helmets, saddlebags, luggage carriers, etc.
Starter Disable: The Viper alarm includes a Starter Disable feature that, when installed, will keep the starter relay from activating if the ignition is turned on while the alarm is armed. The starter wire of the vehicle gets cut in half with each end getting attached to one of the included 2 green wires, completing the circuit. The circuit is open when the system is armed, and closed when disarmed.
Parking Lights: The alarm features a Parking Light output wire (white, w/inline 15A fuse) that can be attached to the vehicle's parking light system, allowing them to flash during arming/disarming and when the system is triggered. An additional white/brown wire gets connected to either a constant +12V source or to chassis ground, depending on the lighting circuit's polarity.
Aux Output: A (-) 200mA Aux Output is provided for activating an optional auxiliary module or function. The default output is Momentary (1-second pulse), but can be changed to Latching in the Feature Settings.
Valet Mode: The alarm system can be put into Valet Mode, keeping it from arming either with the remote or automatically. Turning the ignition on and off twice, then pressing and holding the Lock and Unlock buttons for 5 seconds will either activate or deactivate Valet Mode.
Auto Re-Arming: This programmable feature will re-arm the system if it gets disarmed and the ignition is not turned on within 60 seconds. The LED will flash rapidly during the countdown, then the siren will chirp once with one parking light flash to indicate it has re-armed.
2-Button Remote: Included with the 3121V security system, are two 7121V 2-button remote controls. The remote's 2 buttons are labeled with icons for "Lock" and "Unlock" (Note: Alarm does not feature door lock capability) and are used for arming and disarming the system, as well as activating additional features:
- Panic: Pressing and holding the Lock button for 2 seconds will put the alarm into Panic mode, sounding the siren and flashing the parking lights for 10 seconds.
- Aux Output: Pressing both Lock and Unlock activates a (-) ground output on the red/white Aux Output wire. Default setting is for a 1-second pulse that can be changed to a latched output that stays on when pressed and turns off when pressed again.
- Tilt Bypass: Pressing the Lock button within 5 seconds of arming will bypass the onboard tilt-sensor.
- All Sensor Bypass: Pressing and releasing the Lock button twice within 5 seconds of arming will bypass both the shock- and tilt-sensor features.
- Anti-Jacking (On/Off): Pressing and holding the Unlock button with the ignition on and the alarm disarmed will activate the Anti Motorcycle Jacking feature.
- Valet Mode: Cycling the ignition on and off twice, then pressing and releasing both Lock and Unlock buttons will put the alarm system into Valet mode.
SPO-80 Siren: The 3121V security system includes a miniature, water resistant piezo siren with attached 15" red and black wires. The red wire gets connected to the brown siren output wire from the control module and the black gets grounded. Note: The brown siren output wire can be programmed for a pulsed (-) 200mA output to honk the horn or trigger another sounding device, in lieu of using the included siren. At approximately 2" in diameter and 1-1/2" deep, the compact siren can be mounted in just about any location on the vehicle.
Trigger Zones: If the alarm gets triggered while armed, the siren will chirp 4 times when disarming and the parking lights will flash a number of times indicating the last zone that triggered the system:
- 4 Flashes: Tilt/Shock sensor triggered
- 5 Flashes: Negative input triggered
- 6 Flashes: Loop wire triggered
- 7 Flashes: Ignition triggered
Power Saving (Sleep) Mode: After 24 hours in the armed status, the LED will flash at a slower rate, once every 4 seconds, and after 48 hours will flash once every 8 seconds. After 96 hours of no activity (arming/disarming or triggering), the alarm will enter sleep mode. The alarm receiver and LED turn off to save as much battery power as possible. Cycling the ignition will wake the unit up. If an input is triggered in Sleep Mode, the system will wake up and chirp 10 times.
Emergency Override: If the remote is lost or malfunctioning, the alarm can be overridden. As part of the Override sequence, a PIN (personal identification number) must be entered, via a series of ignition cycles, to disarm the alarm. This is a user programmable option (default PIN: 1).
- Red (30", w/inline 5A fuse): +12V Power
- Black (30"): Chassis ground
- Black/White (14"): Antenna
- Brown (38"): Siren wire, programmable for (-) 200mA Horn honk output
- Yellow (18"): +12V Ignition power
- Blue (10"): (-) Negative trigger input
- 2 Violet/White (38"): Loop in and out for Closed Loop Trigger (terminated in bullet connectors)
- Red/White (18"): (-) Aux Output
- 2 Green (18"): Starter Disable input and output
- Red and Black (37"): Connection with LED attached (wires are molded together)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Reputable company. Product has/does everything I want. [ Dale Feb 11, 2019 ]