About the XpressKit 451M
Get more out of your Python security system with XpressKit accessories. These handy add-ons let you incorporate luxury, security and convenience features into your vehicle.
The XpressKit 451M door lock relay assembly integrates your vehicle's power doorlocks into a Python security system. The pre-wired module features built-in 40-amp relays, and the package includes resistors you'll need to accommodate newer vehicles. Warranty: 1 year
Note: If you know how to use a multimeter and have experience working with your vehicle's electrical system, you should be able to install this car security equipment. If you're unfamiliar with installing car security equipment, please call 1-888-955-6000 to discuss your purchase with one of our Advisors.
More details on the XpressKit 451M
Overview: The door lock relay module (451M) will interface with most electric power door lock systems drawing 30 amps or less; both relay-controlled and direct-wired reversing-polarity types. It can also drive aftermarket door lock actuators, which must be added in the driver's door of select vehicles. In addition, it can directly operate post-1985 Mercedes-Benz and Audi vacuum-driven systems if driven by a system with selectable-duration pulses (three-second minimum required). The 451M is compatible with the following types of common door lock circuits.
- Type A: Three-wire (+) 12V pulse controlling factory lock relays
- Type B: Three-wire (-) ground pulse controlling factory lock relays
- Type C: Directly-wired (no factory relays) reversing-polarity switches
- Type D: Aftermarket-actuator-driven systems. These include slave systems without an actuator in the driver's door, but with factory actuators in all the other doors; since these can be controlled with the installation of an aftermarket actuator.
- Type E: Electrically-activated vacuum systems (Mercedes-Benz and Audi 1985 and newer). This requires special programming of the system.
Resistor Pack: The 451M comes supplied with a 27 resistor multi-pack to interface with various vehicle door locking systems.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked