About the XpressKit 506T
Get more out of your Python or Viper security system with XpressKit accessories. These handy add-ons let you incorporate luxury, security and convenience features into your vehicle.
The 506T audio sensor triggers your alarm when it detects the sound of breaking glass or metal-on-glass impact. Reliable CMOS technology eliminates false alarms by analyzing the frequency, intensity, and timing of sounds picked up by the remote microphone. You can configure this versatile module to report on different zones, and to work with a shock sensor. Warranty: 1 year
Note: This sensor is not effective if the windows or sunroof are left open. If you know how to use a multimeter and have experience working with your vehicle's electrical system, you should be able to install this car security equipment. If you're unfamiliar with installing car security equipment, please call 1-888-955-6000 to discuss your purchase with one of our Advisors.
What's in the box:
- Audio sensor module
- Microphone with attached 5' cable terminated by a single male RCA plug
- 3-Pin to 4-Pin harness
- Two-sided tape
- Installation Instructions
XpressKit 506T reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the XpressKit 506T
Overview: The 506T Audio Sensor is a low-current device that provides an added level of protection to an existing security system by detecting sounds that have the acoustic signature of breaking glass or metal-to-glass impacts. It consumes less than 1mA of current.
Compatibility: The 506T Audio Sensor can be configured to interface with the following different types of DEI and non-DEI vehicle security systems.
- The 506T can interface with the shock sensor of DEI security systems with external shock sensors, using the wiring interface harness supplied with the 506T.
- For most DEI security systems with on-board shock sensors, the 506T harness can be plugged directly into the auxiliary sensor port of the security system.
- For other DEI and non-DEI security systems that do not have sensor ports, the 506T can be hard-wired to a negative instant trigger sensor input.
External Microphone: The 506T comes supplied with an external microphone to pick up sounds of breaking glass or metal-to-glass impacts. The microphone features an attached 5' cord terminated by a male RCA plug which connects to the female RCA port of the Audio Sensor. The microphone features an integrated bracket which is attached to a clean, flat surface using the supplied double-stick foam tape.
Sensitivity: The 506T features an adjustable sensitivity knob which allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the Audio Sensor to provide the best audio coverage for your type of vehicle.
- Audio Sensor Module: Width = 3.385", Height = 1.005", Depth = 2.275"
- External Microphone: Width = 1.495", Height = 0.705", Depth = 0.995"
1 question already asked