About the Bypass Essentials 556UW Universal Bypass
Bypass Essentials modules work with your vehicle's anti-theft system to incorporate the convenience, security and luxury features of your Python alarm system.
Universal bypass modules work with any vehicle using an "immobilizer" key system, allowing you to remote start your car without disrupting factory-installed anti-theft features.
Use the 556U universal bypass in vehicles equipped with a transponder or RF-based immobilizer, such as those found in many late-model GM vehicles. The compact module is tunable for European or domestic vehicles and features tamper-resistant circuitry.
Important Note: One of your car's transponder keys will be permanently installed in the 556U module. You can buy an extra key through your dealer and have it programmed to work with your car's immobilizer. Ask your dealer if keys can be programmed individually some vehicle manufacturers require that all keys be reprogrammed at one time.
Important: If you know how to use a multimeter and have experience working with your vehicle's electrical system, you should be able to install this car security equipment. If you're unfamiliar with installing car security equipment, please speak to an Advisor before attempting this installation. Note: Before purchasing, please call us at 1-888-955-6000 to confirm that this product works with your vehicle.
- universal bypass for Python alarm systems
- compatible with any factory RF immobilizer or transponder system, including GM Passkey3
- temporarily overrides the factory immobilizer
- maintains integrity of factory anti-theft system
- kit can be tuned for use with European or domestic vehicles
- supplied harnesses splice into factory wiring
- requires permanent key mount (into compact module)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 556UW
What's in the box:
- Universal remote start interface module
- 6-Pin harness
- 3-Pin harness
- Instructions sheet
Bypass Essentials 556UW Universal Bypass reviews
Didn't not work. Call tech support and ask tech question and the answer was I THINK SO.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Great product l
0 of 1 found this helpful
Good Product Happy with it
0 of 2 found this helpful
work's as stated
1 of 2 found this helpful
More details on the Bypass Essentials 556UW Universal Bypass
Overview: The 556UW immobilizer interface module is used when installing remote start products (sold separately) in select vehicles equipped with an RF (Radio Frequency) based immobilizer system. This type of system uses a small chip imbedded in the ignition key, called a transponder, to transmit a very low powered RF signal. This signal is picked up through an antenna (or coil) around the ignition switch which is then sent to the immobilizer's transceiver. Once the correct signal is received, the immobilizer will enable the ignition and/or fuel systems. If an attempt is made to start the vehicle and the transceiver does not receive a valid code, the ignition and sometimes the fuel systems are disabled. The immobilizer system will then render the remote start useless. The 556U bypasses the immobilizer system only while the remote start is in use, maintaining the factory system's integrity. When the remote start system is not in use the factory immobilizer remains fully functional.
Installation: The 556UW requires an active key from your vehicle to be installed inside the immobilizer interface module. The 556UW is then mounted underneath your vehicle's steering column. The 556UW immobilizer interface module features the following connections.
- 6-Pin Harness: Power/Ground/Input Harness
- Red (+)12 Volt Input: connect this wire to a fused source of constant 12 volt
- Blue (-) Status Input: connect this wire to the remote start negative (-) status output
- Pink (+) Ignition Input: connect this wire to the vehicle's true ignition output
- Black (-) Chassis Ground: connect this wire to the vehicle's chassis ground
- Violet (+) Key-Sense Input: connect this wire to the vehicle's positive key-sense output wire
- Green (-) Key-Sense Input: connect this wire to the vehicle's negative key-sense output wire
- 3-Pin Harness: Antenna harness
- Black and Black/Red Wires: both of these are antenna ring wires
- Black and White Wire: closed input wire
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked