About the Directed XpressStart 5X10
Remote start your engine and set the alarm with your car's remote
Remote start your engine and set the alarm with your car's remote
Directed's XpressStart 5X10 Series module lets you start your vehicle remotely by pressing the lock button on the key three times. The 5X10 incorporates a digital interface that communicates directly with your vehicle's computer to bypass the normal security safeguards, so you can take control from a distance. You can pre-warm your car in the winter and pre-cool it in summer so it'll be just right when you get in. Once you install this module, you'll be able to start your car and arm/disarm the security system from as far away as your key will lock and unlock your doors.
Important Note: Because of safety concerns, we strongly recommend professional installation for remote start systems in vehicles with manual transmissions.
Security features include Starter Kill to prevent hot-wiring, a loud 6-tone siren that'll catch everyone's attention, a dual-shock sensor that warns first and then sets off the alarm, and a LED indicator that tells strangers there's a security system aboard. The valet switch lets someone park your car without setting off your system.
Increase the range with an optional remote system
If you need to start your car from a greater distance, Directed offers four extended-range options:
Each kit comes with a spare 1-way remote, a control center module, and harness. In most cases you'll be able to add features like Silent Lock/Unlock, Car Finder, and Timer Start, as well as the ability to pop open the trunk or run the defogger remotely (relay may be required). The 5-button remotes have four auxiliary channels, so you can control other available functions like rear interior lighting and sliding doors in some vehicles.
Even farther with a SmartStart smartphone interface
The 5X10 works with all SmartStart modules, allowing you to start your car through your smartphone when you're in range, or to use the SmartStart service plan to remote start from any place in the world where you have cell phone service.
If you know how to use a multimeter and have experience working with your vehicle's electrical system, you should be able to install this remote start system yourself. If not, please consider having your system professionally installed.
To ensure vehicle compatibility, please enter your vehicle information in OutfitMyCar. Your order will be reviewed by our Car Experts group, who will contact you if further information or recommended accessories are needed.
Crutchfield carries Vehicle Installation Harnesses for a wide variety of vehicles, which will allow for a much faster installation of this Directed XpressStart system.
- remote start and security system
- uses factory key to start vehicle and arm system remotely
- remote start function is for fuel injected, diesel, and hybrid vehicles with automatic transmissions
- manual transmission mode works with select vehicles
- vehicle-specific harnesses simplify and speed installation
- some vehicles may require the MC501 high current relay pack in order to enable remote starting
- security features include:
- Mini-Neo Revenger® 6-tone siren
- Stinger DoubleGUARD® shock sensor
- LED indicator/valet switch
- hood pin switch
- main and secondary wiring harnesses
- works with optional Viper systems to increase range
- compatible with all SmartStart smartphone modules
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 5X10
What's in the box:
- Directed 5x10 Digital Remote Start/Security system module
- 514LN Soft-Chirp Siren with attached 70" leads
- HAR-CM800A package (contains 26" harness with 16-pin black plug / 26" harness with 18-pin white plug / 2-way switch with 24" harness and 2-pin black plug)
- HARP12P-P165 package (contains 28" harness with 12-pin white plug and in-line 5A and 10A ATO fuses)
- HARP7P-P079 package (contains 26" harness and 7-pin white plug)
- MS-RSRC package (contains hood pin switch assembly / 58" bare wire / female quick slide / Warning sticker)
- Stinger DoubleGuard Shock Sensor (with 4-wire harness)
- 8620 LED/Valet Switch with attached 56" cable
- Switch holder
- Green 6-pin connector
- Self-adhesive 2-piece hook-and-loop fastener
- Guide sheet
- Quick Reference Install Guide (for LED/Valet Switch)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Directed XpressStart 5X10
Features & specs
|Lines of Defense|
|Scan-resistant Remote Codes||No|
|Glass Break Sensor||No|
|Number of Remote Buttons||N/A|
|Number of Remote Functions||3|
|Smartphone Integration||Optional SmartStart|
|Factory Security Integration||Yes|
|Number of Cars||1|
|Remote Door Locks||Yes|
|Manual Transmission Compatible||Yes|
|Number of Zones||3|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
Overview: This XpressStart 5x10 Digital Remote Start/Security System from Directed Electronics is an all-in-one system that covers over 95% of vehicles on the road today. Numerous T-harnesses that integrate into your vehicle's factory wiring are available to make installation much easier and quicker. In addition to your factory remote, the 5x10 can be controlled by optional long-range remotes, and SmartStart for your smartphone.
Note: Professional installation by an authorized installer is required.
Security Accessories: The 5x10 includes the same remote start features as the 4x10. In addition, the 5x10 comes with a siren and shock sensor. The 514LN Soft-Chirp Siren will provide security alerts, as well as arm/disarm and door lock/unlock confirmation chirps. The Stinger DoubleGuard shock sensor will respond to light impacts to the vehicle or glass with a pre-warning chirp, and to a harder impact with a full alarm blast.
Programming: The 5x10 is a digital system and requires an internet connection to configure the module. The online configuration wizard allows you to select the remote control you desire, set and change features, enable and disable functions, change display icons, and set up the auxiliary channel.
Optional T-harnesses: The XpressStart 5x10 remote start module has multiple ports for optional T-harnesses that will integrate the system into your factory wiring. These optional harnesses are available for the following vehicle makes:
- THCHC1: Chrysler, Dodge/Ram, Jeep, Volkswagen
- THCHC2: Chrysler, Dodge/Ram, Jeep, Mitsubishi
- THCHC3: Chrysler, Dodge/Ram, Jeep
- THTLC12: Lexus, Toyota
- THFC1: Ford
- THGM610C: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Saturn
- THNISS3C: Nissan, Infiniti
Note: To see which harness is compatible for your specific vehicle, please identify your vehicle in the Crutchfield Car Selector.
Optional Remote System: Optional RF remote systems can be added to the 5x10 to give you an extended range:
|RF Kit||Remote Range||Type of Remote|
|Model 9211V||1/2 mile||One 2-way 2-button LED remote + one 1-way 1 button remote|
|Model 9656V||1/2 mile||Two 1-way 5-button remotes|
|Model 9756V||1 mile||One 2-way 5-button LCD remote + one 1-way 5-button remote|
|Model 9856V||1 mile||One 2-way 5-button LED remote + one 1-way 5-button remote|
Optional SmartStart: With the optional VSM200 SmartStart module, or the VSM250 SmartStart module with GPS, you can start your vehicle with a smartphone or tablet. Both SmartStart models are compatible with Apple iOS devices (with iOS 4.3 or later) and Android (with SDK 1.6 or newer). Blackberry devices (with OS 4.6 to 6) are compatible with SmartStart, but not SmartStart with GPS.
4 questions already asked