About the Viper RF Kit Model 9656V
Extends the range and adds functions for your Directed remote start systems
You can start your vehicle from up to a half-mile away with Viper's Model 9656V RF Kit connected to your Directed 4X10 or 5X10 remote start system. The remote can also lock and unlock your car, pop open the trunk, and even start the defogger if you want. Lost your car in the parking lot? Use the remote to trigger a long horn honk or siren chirp while the parking lights flash for ten seconds so you can locate your car. Four auxiliary channels let you add more optional sensors and actuators to your system.
- RF remote control for Directed digital remote start systems
- two 5-button 1-way remotes
- windshield-mount control center with blue status LED and valet switch
- range: up to 1/2 mile
- works with Directed 4X10 and 5X10 modules
- wiring harness included
- 4 auxiliary channels
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 9656V
What's in the box:
- Two 7656V 5-button remote transmitters
- Two CR2032 batteries (installed)
- 681ST Control Center/Valet Switch with blue LED and double-sided adhesive
- 10' Flat cable with two 6-pin connectors
- 5" Adapter cable (6-pin to 4-pin connectors)
- Installation booklet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Viper RF Kit Model 9656V
Overview: The 9656V 1-way Remote System comes with a control center/valet button/LED, and two 5-button, one-way transmitters (7656V). The system can be integrated into an existing Viper security system, remote start, or keyless entry system. The remotes have a range of up to 1/2 mile.
1-way Operation: The 9656V is a 1-way remote system, which means that commands can travel wirelessly from the remote transmitter to the Control Center, and ultimately to the security/remote start system's control module. In a 1-way system, no confirmation response is received by the remote.
Button Configuration: The 7656V transmitter has 5 buttons with the following configuration (depending upon the capabilities of your system):
- Arm/Lock: Arms your security system, or locks your car with the push of a button.
- Disarm/Unlock: Disarms your security system, or unlocks your car with the push of a button.
- Remote Start: Starts your car's engine and warms up your car.
- Auxiliary: Opens your trunk and controls other optional functions.
- Function: Accesses dozens of functions.
Note: The remote beeps and flashes it LED to confirm each button push.
Replacement Battery: The 7656V remotes are powered by a user-replaceable CR2032 battery.
Control Center: Included with the 9656V 1-way Remote System is a low-profile Control Center with a valet button and a bright blue status LED. Typically, the Control Center is mounted high and centered on the windshield. You can mount it either vertically or horizontally. A 10' cable is included for wiring the Control Center to the control module of the security/remote start system. An adapter cable is also included for control modules with 4-pin control center ports. Dimensions: W: 1.228", H: 2.561", D: 0.383"