About the FM Direct Adapter
This FM direct adapter lets you send the signal from your Dock & Play satellite radio directly to your vehicle's stereo. The direct connection eliminates the static and interference that can occur when using a wireless FM transmitter.
You won't have to find an unused station or switch between stations when traveling to different areas. Just tune to your favorite SIRIUS or XM channel, and enjoy excellent sound quality.
Installation of the FM direct adapter requires removal of your factory or aftermarket stereo. Then simply plug your factory radio antenna into the adapter and plug the adapter into the antenna plug on the rear of your stereo. Then plug the 2.5mm miniplug connector to the FM Out on your Dock & Play radio's car kit.
Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 or enter your vehicle information to see if any antenna adapters or tools are needed to install this FM modulator.
- FM direct connection adapter for select Dock & Play satellite radios
- connects to FM output of your satellite radio
- plugs directly into the rear of your factory or aftermarket stereo
- includes plugs and wires for most installations (antenna adapters may be required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FMDA25
What's in the box:
- FM direct adapter
- Installation Guide
FM Direct Adapter reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the FM Direct Adapter
Overview: The FM Direct Adapter is a hardwired FM adapter that allows you to feed the signal from the FM output jack on your satellite radio receiver into your car radio via the antenna connection, eliminating the outside static and interference you sometimes experience when using a wireless FM modulator. You also get to keep your local AM and FM stations when your device radio is turned off.
Note: This FM Direct Adapter is not a stand-alone FM modulator and cannot connect to the headphone or audio output of other external audio sources; it must connect to the 2.5mm FM output on a compatible satellite radio receiver.
Connections: The FM adapter box features the following connections:
- To Radio: Male Motorola antenna plug on a 18" cable, plugs into the vehicle's AM/FM radio antenna input
- To FM Antenna: Female Motorola jack on the side of the switch box, accepts the vehicle's antenna cable
- Antenna: Male 2.5mm mini-jack on a 21" cable, plugs into the FM Out modulated output on the car kit
Dimensions of FM adapter box: Height = 1.25", Width = 1.875", Depth = 1.8125"
Installation: The FM adapter box is typically mounted behind the dash, near the radio. In this case it's likely that no antenna extension cable will be needed.
Antenna Adapters: Some vehicles (such as select GM vehicles, Volkswagens, Nissans, etc.) may require antenna adapters in order to connect the FM adapter Box to your vehicle's OEM antenna connectors. Please consult the Outfit My Car section of the Crutchfield website to see if OEM antenna adapters are needed.
The FM Direct Adapter replaces these items
- FM direct connection adapter for XM satellite radios
- improves reception over factory and aftermarket stereos without an auxiliary input
- includes plugs and wires for most installations
- Provides a clear signal from XM plug-and-play FM transmitters
- connects directly to your vehicle's fixed or in-glass antenna
- Wired FM modulator for use with Starmate, Starmate, or Sportster SIRIUS radios
- adapts wireless FM transmitter into a wired connection
- frequency selected from radio menu
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
14 questions already asked