About the SIRIUS SC-FM1 Starbase
The SIRIUS Starbase may have a name right out of science fiction, but in reality it's a spectacular way to add the space-age entertainment of SIRIUS Satellite Radio to any car's FM radio. The package comes with everything you need: a SIRIUS tuner, an FM modulator, a dash-mountable display/controller, and a roof-mount SIRIUS antenna. The compact, easy-to-read display is perfect for vehicles with limited dash space.
The ultra-compact tuner box will fit under your seat easily. The FM modulator connects to your radio's antenna input, and the modulator then "broadcasts" the SIRIUS signal over an unused FM frequency (you can select any FM frequency, from 87.7 to 107.9). If your in-dash radio has an auxiliary input, you can use the included patch cables to plug the tuner directly into it.
With the dash-mountable controller (Velcro® strips are included for mounting, as is a bracket for cell-phone mount applications), you can surf SIRIUS channels one by one, enter channel numbers directly, or jump to one of the 30 presets you can store. While you're listening, you can save up to 20 songs in the Starbase's memory; its S-Seek function can tell you anytime one of them is playing anywhere on SIRIUS.
Sports fans, check this out: with Game Alert, you'll always know what's happening with your favorite NFL, NBA, or college team. Save your team in the Game Alert memory, and Starbase will alert you when a broadcast of their big game is about to begin, and provide you with scoring updates. Buying the nachos, however, is entirely up to you.
If you're connecting the Starbase to a factory stereo, antenna adapters might be required for installation please enter your vehicle information, and we'll notify you if they're needed.
Note: A subscription to SIRIUS is also required. Satellite radio service is available only within the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Limited service is available in Alaska.
- universal SIRIUS Satellite Radio package
- compact SIRIUS tuner box
- roof-mount antenna
- wired FM modulator
- dash-mountable display/controller with black-on-blue LCD
- power/ground wiring harness
- RCA patch cables
- mounting screws
- Velcro® strips
- diplay mounting clip for cell phone mounting bracket
- wireless remote
- saves 30 presets
- 20-song memory with S-Seek alerts you when stored songs are playing on SIRIUS
- Game Alert signals a saved team's game start and scoring updates
- transmits on any FM frequency, from 87.7 to 107.9
- alarm clock
- auto shutdown and sleep modes
- tuner dimensions: 5"W x 1-3/8"H x 5-7/16"D
- display controller dimensions: 4-1/2"W x 1-9/16"H x 3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SCFM1
What's in the box:
SIRIUS SC-FM1 Starbase owner's manual
- SC-FM1 universal FM modulated SIRIUS Satellite Radio tuner
- Display control unit with attached 10' cable (has a round 8-pin male connector)
- Wireless remote control
- 1 CR2025 battery
- Mobile antenna with attached 20.5' cable (has a single SMB connector)
- FM relay switch (has a 19.25' input cable and an 18" output cable)
- 14.5' Power harness (has an in-line noise filter with a 2A fuse and a separate 2A fuse)
- 10' Extension cable (has a round 8-pin male connector on one end and a round 8-pin female connector on the other end)
- 14.5' Audio cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors on each end)
- 2 Spare 2A fuses
- 1 Mounting clip (for display control unit)
- 5.525" Antenna cable cover/tail with a self-adhesive strip
- 2 Self-adhesive Velcro strips
- 6 Self-tapping screws
- 1 Alcohol swab
- 1 Silica gel packet
- User Guide
- Installation Guide
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio station list
SIRIUS SC-FM1 Starbase reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the SIRIUS SC-FM1 Starbase
Features & specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||Yes|
Car Antenna |
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This package includes a universal FM-modulated satellite radio tuner, wired display control unit, and a wireless remote control, plus everything you need to connect the tuner to your in-dash receiver: display control unit mounting clip, a built-in FM transmitter (for use with in-dash receivers that do not have auxiliary inputs), a stereo patch cable (for use with in-dash receivers that have auxiliary inputs), and a magnetic roof-mount antenna. The display control unit mounts in the front of the vehicle using the supplied mounting clip. The actual tuner can be mounted in a hideaway location. For the system to work, you'll need a subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio in addition to the tuner.
SIRIUS Satellite Radio: SIRIUS Satellite Radio features more than 120 channels of original programming beamed coast-to-coast, including 65 channels of commercial-free, digital-quality music, and news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming.
Note: Satellite radio service is available only within the continental United States. Service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii.
Display: The display control unit has a 2-3/8" x 7/8" black-on-blue LCD screen. The main screen displays the following information: channel number, channel name, artist name, song title, band/preset bank number, and clock.
Display Adjustments: You can manually adjust the display's contrast and brightness for best viewing.
FM Transmitter: The built-in FM transmitter can broadcast Sirius signals on any FM frequency from 87.7 to 107.9 MHz.
SIRIUS Antenna: The SIRIUS antenna has a powerful magnetic base that allows you to mount the antenna on the roof or trunk lid of your vehicle. The antenna needs to be positioned in such a way that it will be free of mechanical and line-of-sight obstructions.
Search Modes: The display control unit has several ways to search for and select music: by channel, category, artist, or song title.
Direct Tuning: Using the numeric buttons on the remote, you can directly access SIRIUS channels.
Channel Presets: You can store up to 30 of your favorite channels as presets for quick access. Presets are stored in 5 banks, each containing 6 channel presets.
Memory/S-Seek Functions: The memory function allows you to capture and store information about the current song. You can store information for up to 20 selections. The S-Seek function allows the tuner to search the current incoming SIRIUS signal, and alert you if a song that is stored in memory is currently playing.
Game Alert: Game Alert allows you to store your favorite sports teams in memory. The unit will constantly scan the SIRIUS channels and will sound an alert when a team you stored in memory is playing, or when there is a score update for a team, depending on which option you have chosen for the team.
Skip/Add: Add or Skip allows you to choose which channels will be displayed when scrolling through the channels list in any mode. If a channel is marked as Skip, that channel will not be displayed when scrolling through the list.
Channel Lock: You can lock a channel, making it only available by direct tuning. When a locked channel is tuned directly, you will need to enter a 4-digit code before the channel can be heard.
Time Based Functions: The tuner has a built-in clock with the time data provided by the SIRIUS signal. The clock options can be set for time zone and observance of Daylight Saving Time. Once the clock data is set, you can activate the following functions:
- Alarm Clock: The built-in alarm can be set to turn on at a specific time each day.
- Auto Shutdown: The unit can be set to automatically turn off after a one-hour period without any buttons being pressed. After 59 minutes of inactivity, a beep tone sounds and a display prompt appears on the screen allowing you the option of canceling auto shutdown.
- Sleep Mode: The tuner can be set to turn off after a selected period of time: 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
Mounting: The tuner can be mounted to any appropriate flat surface using the supplied self-tapping screws. The mounting clip and self-adhesive Velcro allow you to mount the display control unit on the dash, or on any flat surface that is accessible from the driver's seat.
Front Panel of Tuner:
- FM Out: FM output for use with the supplied FM relay switch; this can be used if you prefer a hardwired FM transmitter
- Audio Out: left and right RCA audio jacks
- To Controller: round 8-pin jack for use with the display control unit
- Power: 4-pin jack for use with the supplied power wiring harness
Back Panel of Tuner:
- Antenna: single SMB input
Bottom Panel of Display Control Unit:
- To Tuner: 10' cable terminated with a round 8-pin male connector that plugs into the tuner
- Tuner: W=4.943", H=1.374", D=5.408" (7.091" with cables)
- Display Control Unit: W=4.485", H=1.561", D=0.739"
- Antenna: W=1.993", H=0.567", D=2.381" (7.906" with antenna cable cover/tail installed)
I installed this unit in a 2005 Chevy Malibu. The install was pretty easy, I have never done anything like this before.It sounds great, and I love the size of the unit. Was looking for a way to keep the factory radio and not have a big bulky PNP.
George from Charleston, SC