About the SIRIUS SIR-ALP1
Having options is a great thing. And if you have a 2004 or newer Alpine satellite radio-compatible stereo in your dash, you have the option of using it to listen to SIRIUS.
SIRIUS created the SIR-ALP1 radio to work with the Ai-Net connection in Alpine stereos. The stereo will display channel information, including channel name, artist name, and song or program title. The radio also features a built-in pass-through, so you can still connect an Alpine CD changer, if you like. The SIR-ALP1 radio includes an antenna.
Note: A subscription to SIRIUS is also required. Satellite radio service is available only within the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Limited service is available in Alaska.
- compatible with 2004 and newer Alpine in-dash receivers
- roof-mount antenna with 20' cable included
- single-cable antenna connection (dual-cable SIRIUS antennas are not compatible)
- select channel name, channel number, artist, song title, or category name to appear on receiver's display
- channel presets and channel scan/search
- pass-through Ai-NET input for adding compatible Ai-Net components
- tuner dimensions: 5"W x 1-3/8"H x 5"D (6-3/4" with cables connected)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SIR-ALP1
What's in the box:
- Satellite Radio tuner
- 3' Power harness (has in-line 5A fuse)
- 8.25' Ai-NET cable (has an Ai-NET connector on each end)
- Antenna with attached 20.75' cable (has a right-angle SMB connector)
- 1 Rubber antenna cable cover/tail
- 1 Section of double-sided tape
- 6 Self-tapping screws
- 1 Alcohol swab
- Installation Guide
- Installation Manual
- Warranty sheet
SIRIUS SIR-ALP1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SIRIUS SIR-ALP1
Features & specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||No|
Car Antenna |
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: When used with a compatible Alpine head unit, this tuner allows you to receive SIRIUS satellite radio programming in your vehicle. In addition to this tuner and antenna, you must have a subscription to SIRIUS Radio to receive SIRIUS digital satellite radio signals.
Note: Satellite radio service is available only within the continental United States. Service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii.
SIRIUS Satellite Radio: SIRIUS Satellite Radio features more than 120 streams of original programming beamed coast-to-coast, including 65 streams of commercial-free, digital-quality music, and news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming.
Compatibility: This tuner is compatible with 2004 and newer Alpine satellite radio-compatible in-dash receivers that use the Ai-NET protocol.
CD Changer Pass-Thru: The SIRIUS radio tuner uses the CD changer input on the Alpine head unit. If you also want to use a CD changer, there is a CD changer pass-through connection on the SIRIUS radio tuner, so they can be daisy chained together.
SIRIUS Antenna: The SIRIUS antenna has a powerful magnetic base that allows you to mount the antenna on the roof or trunk lid of your vehicle. The antenna needs to be positioned in such a way that it will be free of mechanical and line-of-sight obstructions.
Front Panel of Tuner:
- Ai-NET Output: Ai-NET jack that connects to the head unit using the supplied cable
- Ai-NET Input: Ai-NET jack that connects to an optional CD changer
- Power: 4-pin jack for use with supplied power harness
Back Panel of Tuner:
- Antenna: single SMB input