About the Sirius SIR-PS1
If you've added SIRIUS Satellite Radio to your car, no doubt you've fallen in love with the great sound and exceptional musical variety. Now the SIR-PS1 powered subwoofer takes the sound up another notch, adding depth and fullness to your music.
The compact SIR-PS1 delivers plenty of punch its 8" subwoofer is teamed up with an 80-watt amplifier, while a second 8" non-powered speaker augments the sound output. You'll enjoy strong, clear bass without giving up a lot of space.
An array of controls lets you adjust the bass to match your system. The low-pass filter adjusts the range of frequencies amplified, while a phase control ensures that the sub works with the speakers in your car, not against them.
You can connect the SIR-PS1 to almost any existing stereo, thanks to its universal inputs. Best of all, you don't need satellite radio to enjoy the improvement it'll make all your music sound better, no matter the source.
- compact powered subwoofer
- 8" woofer and 8" passive radiator
- built-in 80 watts RMS amplifier (peak power: 160 watts)
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover (70-160 Hz)
- variable phase control (0-180°)
- power/ground wiring harness included
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- dimensions: 8-5/8"W x 11-1/16"H x 11-5/8"D1 x 8-1/2"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SIR-PS1
What's in the box:
- 8" Powered subwoofer with 8" passive radiator
- 2 Metal mounting plates
- 8 Self-tapping screws
- 15-foot red 12-gauge power cable with in-line ATC fuse holder (has a power ring on one end and a spade connector on the other end)
- 3-foot brown 12-gauge ground cable (has a power ring on one end and a spade connector on the other end)
- 12-foot blue 18-gauge remote turn-on cable (has a female quick-slide on one end and a spade connector on the other end)
- 8" High-level input harness
- One 20A ATC fuse
- 6' Section of wire loom
- 3' Section of wire loom
- User Guide
Sirius SIR-PS1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sirius SIR-PS1
Features & specs
|Enclosure Type||Passive Radiator|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||80 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||160 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||3 ohms|
|Crossover Point||70-160 Hz|
Product Overview: The SIR-PS1 features an 8" cone woofer and an 8" passive radiator. The woofer is powered by an 80-watt RMS amplifier.
Low-pass Filter: The built-in low-pass filter can be adjusted from 70 to 160 Hz.
Gain Control: The subwoofer has a rotary control on the rear panel for adjusting the level of the bass.
Phase Control: The subwoofer's phase control allows you to adjust the phase of the subwoofer's output relative to the system. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass "attack."
Auto On/Off Circuit: When using high-level inputs, the auto on/off circuit turns the power amp on when a signal is sensed and turns the amplifier off and into standby mode approximately 5 minutes after a signal is no longer received.
- Gain Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the level of the subwoofer
- Crossover Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the low-pass filter from 70 to 160 Hz
- Phase Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the subwoofer's phase from 0-180°
- Auto Turn-on: switch that allows you to engage the auto on/off circuit
- BATT (+12V): 0.388" screw terminal for use with supplied power cable
- REM: 0.388" screw terminal for use with supplied remote turn-on cable
- GND: 0.388" screw terminal for use with supplied ground cable
- High-Level Input: 4-pin jack for use with supplied high-level input harness
- Line Input: left and right RCA audio jacks