About the SIRIUS Stiletto 100
The SIRIUS Stiletto 100 offers reception of a live SIRIUS signal on the go, plus up to an amazing 100 hours of content storage. It offers a beautiful display and easy-to-use controls, comes with a slew of useful accessories, and works with optional accessories that expand the number of places and ways you can listen to SIRIUS.
The Stiletto features a built-in antenna that can receive live SIRIUS broadcasts, without having to be docked in either of its optional car or home cradles. Just charge up the battery, slip on the pair of included earbuds, and you've got a great companion if you're out jogging, hiking, or just walking around town.
You'll also get a set of headphones with an antenna built into the headband for better reception in areas where the signal tends to get blocked. Using these headphones also keeps your body from blocking the SIRIUS signal.
The Stiletto lets you store up to 100 hours of SIRIUS songs and programming. And up to just about half of the memory can be used to store your MP3 and WMA files, too keep in mind that you won't get a full 50 hours of MP3s and WMAs because of file size.
You can record SIRIUS programming in blocks of up to six hours each, and you can schedule up to 100 recordings in advance. Then just combine your favorite SIRIUS content with your MP3s and WMAs for a spectacular playlist.
Sometimes you'll find spots where you can't get SIRIUS reception, but this doesn't necessarily mean that you can't hear live SIRIUS broadcasts. If you're in range of an accessible WiFi network, use the Stiletto to access the SIRIUS website and stream all of SIRIUS' music channels, Howard Stern, and more. You'll also make fewer demands on the battery, more than doubling its playback time, compared to listening to live SIRIUS in standard portable mode.
Lots of goodies in the box
In addition to the earbuds and headphones with built-in antenna, you'll get two batteries: one standard and one extended-life, which offers up to four hours of live SIRIUS reception, 8 hours in WiFi mode, and 20 hours of stored-content playback. You'll also get an indoor power adapter, so you can recharge the batteries.
To play the Stiletto over your car stereo, you'll need to get the optional car kit. It includes an antenna, a power adapter, and a mounting cradle with 10 buttons that let you save up to 30 channel presets. You can connect the cradle to your stereo's auxiliary input, or use the wireless FM transmitter to play the sound over any unused FM frequency.*
Want to play the Stiletto through your home stereo? Pick up the optional home kit. Its dock charges both Stiletto batteries at the same time, and it also uses an FM transmitter to play the sound over any FM radio. And soon, you'll be able to use the Stiletto in your home or office with a compatible powered speaker system.
Note: A subscription to SIRIUS is also required. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Limited service is available in Alaska. Portable reception may vary by location. If you have questions about the proposed XM/SIRIUS merger, read the SIRIUS guarantee. To view this file, you will need the Adobe Acrobat PDF reader.
*Important note from Crutchfield: Current FCC rules limit the transmission strength of wireless FM transmitters to a point where transmission needs to take place very near your FM antenna. SIRIUS includes an FM extender cable in order to address this issue, but Crutchfield strongly encourages customers to use an auxiliary input, wired FM modulator, or cassette adapter to ensure your satisfaction with the performance and cosmetics of this satellite radio.
- portable SIRIUS satellite radio/MP3 player
- stores up to 100 hours of content (2 GB)
- built-in antenna allows portable reception of live SIRIUS signal
- pause and rewind of live SIRIUS content
- portable playback of MP3s, WMAs, and stored SIRIUS content
- WiFi capability for streaming channels from the SIRIUS website
- full-color screen shows channel name and number, artist, song title, and MP3/WMA file names
- slim rechargeable battery with up to 2 hours of live SIRIUS reception, 4 hours in WiFi mode, and 10 hours of stored-content playback
- extended-life rechargeable battery with up to 4 hours of live SIRIUS reception, 8 hours in WiFi mode, and 20 hours of stored-content playback
- headphones with built-in antenna included
- My SIRIUS Studio software for downloading and managing MP3 and WMA files
- 30 channel presets
- built-in wireless FM transmitter "broadcasts" the sound over any FM stereo when used with car or home kit
- indoor AC power adapter for recharging the batteries
- USB cable for uploading digital music files
- 2"W x 4-1/2"H x 11/16"D (with slim battery); 2"W x 4-1/2"H x 1"D (with standard battery)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SL100PK1
What's in the box:
- Stilletto 100 radio
- SLEB1 Standard battery
- SLSB1 Slim battery
- Antenna headphones with attached 44" cord using a proprietary connector
- Earbud headphones with attached 48" cord using a 3.5mm connector
- 4 Foam earbud pads
- DSA-15P-05 Switching AC adapter with attached 6.5' cord
- 39" Connector cable with a proprietary connector on one end and a USB-Type A connector on other end
- My Sirius Studio software CD
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Internet Radio sheet
- Sirius channel guide
SIRIUS Stiletto 100 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SIRIUS Stiletto 100
Overview: The Stiletto 100 is a personal, portable Sirius
device that lets you listen to live and recorded SIRIUS satellite radio almost
anywhere. The Stiletto 100 also offers SIRIUS Internet Radio over an accessible
Wi-Fi network. In addition, it stores SIRIUS's 100% commercial-free music
programming and plays MP3/WMA files downloaded from your PC.
Sirius Satellite Radio: Sirius Satellite Radio features more than 120 streams of original programming beamed coast-to-coast, including 65 streams of commercial-free, digital-quality music, and news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming. Sirius programming is available only in the 48 contiguous states. A subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio is required in order to enjoy Sirius programming.
2GB Memory: The Stiletto 100 has a 2GB internal memory to store up to 100 hours of live SIRIUS Satellite Radio programming and 800 mega-bytes worth of MP3 and WMA files.
Antenna Headphones: The Stiletto not only comes supplied with a pair of standard earbud headphones, it also comes with a pair of Antenna Headphones for expanded live signal reception. The headphones have a built-in Sirius antenna on top of the hand band. The headphones plug into the proprietary connector port, not the standard 3.5mm jack. The Stiletto itself also has an integrated SIRIUS antenna patch.
FM Transmitter: The Stiletto has a built-in FM transmitter used to supply sound from your Stiletto to your car's sound system via the optional car docking station (607SLC1, sold separately).
Important Note from Crutchfield: Current FCC rules limit the transmission strength of wireless FM transmitters to a point where transmission needs to take place very near your FM antenna. Sirius includes an FM extender antenna with the optional car kit in order to address this issue, but Crutchfield strongly encourages customers to use an auxiliary input, wired FM modulator, or cassette adapter to ensure satisfaction with the performance and cosmetics of this satellite radio.
USB Connector Cable: The unit comes supplied with a USB connector cable that features a USB type-A connector on one end and a proprietary connector on the other end. This cable is used to download MP3 and WMA files from your PC to the Stiletto.
Display Screen: The Sirius Stiletto 100 features a full-color, 2.2" LCD display which provides information about the operation of the unit, such as the currently tuned channel, song or show being played, mode, status, recording, and other information.
Sleep Mode: Sleep mode allows the Stiletto to start up quickly when powered on. The Stiletto will power itself completely off after 18 hours of sleep. When completely off, the battery will remain charged for several weeks. Also, when completely off, the Stiletto will take 1-2 minutes to power up.
Power Options: The Sirius Stiletto 100 can be powered with the following supplied accessories.
- Battery: Two batteries are
supplied with the Stiletto 100; a slim battery and a standard battery. The
batteries when fully charge will provide a range of listening time depending
on the listening mode. The following table provides the approximate
Listening Mode Standard Battery Listening Time Slim Battery Listening Time Satellite Radio 4 hours 2 hours Internet Radio 8 hours 4 hours Library 20 hours 10 hours Radio Replays 20 hours 10 hours
- AC Adapter: The unit comes supplied with an AC adapter that you can use to power and charge your Stiletto. For the fastest charging time the Stiletto should be turned off. When off, a fully discharged slim battery will charge in 2 hours and a standard battery will charge in 4 hours.
Satellite Radio Mode: The Stiletto 100 allows you to listen to live satellite broadcasts of all SIRIUS 100% commercial free music channels, talk, and sports programming. When you are receiving a signal from the SIRIUS satellite or terrestrial transmitters you can browse and select the SIRIUS channels, and see information about the songs, artists, sports, news, weather, and traffic being broadcast.
Now Playing Screen: The Now Playing screen for the Satellite Radio mode provides information such as the currently tuned channel, song or show being played, mode, recording and other information.
Navigating Channels: The Satellite Radio Mode allows you to browse SIRIUS satellite radio channels in the following ways.
- All Channels: All Channels is a list of all channels in numerical order.
- Presets: Presets is a list of channels which have been saved as your favorite presets. Presets are grouped into 3 banks (A,B,C) which store 10 presets each for a total of 30 presets.
- Categories: Categories are groupings of channels by genres such a Pop, Rock, Country, etc.
Replay Live Radio: While listening to satellite radio, up to the most recent 60 minutes of the broadcast may be put into a temporary replay buffer. At anytime you may rewind to replay something you just heard or you may press Play/Pause to pause the live broadcast. You may resume listening to the broadcast at any time, beginning from the point where the broadcast was paused, or you can fast-forward or rewind through the replay buffer, pause the replay buffer again or return to the live broadcast. The replay buffer is retained until the memory becomes full. When the memory becomes full, the oldest part of the replay buffer is deleted making room for the new material so that the live broadcast can continue to be added to the replay buffer. The replay buffer is discarded when the Stiletto 100 is either turned off or tuned to another channel or to a playlist.
Save Live Broadcasts: Songs and shows can be saved by using the Love button when listening to a live satellite broadcast. When saving a song or show, it is recorded exactly as it was broadcast. There is a limit of 10 hours on songs saved using the one touch Love button. If there is not enough space to save a song or show, the oldest content is deleted in order to make room for the new material. You can also program the Stiletto to record at a certain date and time for a one time event or a repeated event. Time recordings are limited to a maximum of 6 hours. The following table describes the parameters needed for a timed recording.
|Channel||Any SIRIUS broadcast channel may be selected||You must enter the password for locked channels|
|Date||The date of the recording||Dates may be selected from the present date to 4 weeks in the future|
|Start Time||The time of day the recording will begin||It will not allow you to set a recording time that has already past|
|Duration||The amount of time to record||Recording times of 5 minutes to 6 hours may be selected|
|Repeating||The recording can be set to repeat at scheduled intervals||Choose from the
|Keep Last||Specify how many previously recorded shows to keep||Choose from the
Note: The Love button only works in the Satellite Radio mode and not operate in the Internet Radio mode.
Game Alert: You can program the Stiletto 100 to remember your favorite sports teams. The Stiletto 100 will then automatically alert you when any of your favorite sports teams are playing in a game. There is no limit on the number of teams you can select from game alerts. You can choose from NFL, NBA, NHL, College Football or College Basketball teams.
Game Zone: The Game Zone category lists all the sports games which are currently playing for your favorite teams and can be browsed for the games scores, You can scroll through the list and select a game to tune to the channel where the game is being broadcast.
Sports Ticker: The Stiletto 100 allows you to have a sports ticker displayed which will show the scores of all your favorite teams which are currently playing.
Parental Controls: The parental controls feature sets a 4-digit password for access to specific channels. This will prevent access to these locked channels until the password is entered.
Hide Channels and Genres: The hide feature allows you to designate channels and genres to not be displayed when browsing channel and genre lists. Hidden channels are not locked, but can only be tuned by directly entering the channel number using the numeric keypad on the remote control from an optional Home or Car docking station (sold separately).
Internet Radio Mode: Internet Radio mode allows you to listen to all the SIRIUS music channels and select talk channels live using a wireless internet connection (Wi-Fi). A SIRIUS subscription includes Internet Radio and the subscription must be active to use this feature.
Note: Because Internet Radio is streamed and not broadcast it is not possible to record any material from Internet Radio or replay live content.
Now Playing Screen: The Now Playing screen for the SIRIUS Internet Radio mode provides information such as the currently tuned channel, song or show being played, mode and other information.
Supported Networks: The Stiletto supports a connection through any standard 802.11b access point provided the access point is opened or WEP/WPA password protected. To connect to networks which restrict access by MAC address, the MAC address of the Stiletto must be added to the allowed list of MAC address in the access point before connecting.
Non-supported Networks: The Stiletto does not support a connect through networks which require a user name or account number to be entered, though such networks may appear to be open. Networks in which multiple access points utilize the same SSID (repeater or roaming mode) are also not supported.
Note: Before you can listen to Internet Radio, you have to select an available wireless network and possible enter the password for the wireless network if it is secured.
Navigating Channels: In the Internet Radio mode, available channels are displayed in groups by genres (categories) Internet Radio channels can be browsed using either the Rewind/Fast Forward buttons or the Media Dial.
Favorites: You may save the song title and artist information to your favorites by pressing the Love button but you cannot actually record songs in the Internet Radio mode.
Library Mode: The Library contains all the music and SIRIUS programming you have saved from live broadcasts along with any content you have downloaded from your PC computer. All the music, sports, talk shows, news broadcasts and talk entertainment can be browsed and selected for playback from the Library.
Now Playing Screen: When in the Library mode the Now Playing screen provides information such as the song or show title, content length and playback position.
Navigating The Library: The music content in the Library may be browsed in the following ways.
- Sirius Recordings: search for content you've save from SIRIUS broadcasts using the Love button and scheduled recordings feature
- Artists: search for content by a particular artist within all the songs in the library, including those saved by using the Love button as well a MP3 and WMA files downloaded from your PC
- Albums: search for content from a particular album within all the MP3 and WMA files downloaded from your PC
- Titles: search for a particular song contained in the library, including those saved by using the Love button and MP3 and WMA files downloaded from your PC
- Genres: search for songs or shows of a particular genre, including those save by using the Love button and scheduled recordings, as well as MP3 and WMA files downloaded from your computer
- Playlists: select playlists for
listening, and songs within a playlist; there are two kinds of playlists to
- Smart Playlists: automatically created playlists in the library and are listed as Recently Added, Most Played or Least Played
- User Playlist: playlists the user creates on the computer and then transfers to the Stiletto
Playback: While listening to content in the library, you can pause, fast-forward or rewind.
Favorites: In the Library mode, you may save the song title and artist information to your favorites list by pressing the Love button.
Deleting Content: You can delete content individually, an entire list or select groupings.
Downloaded Content: The Stiletto 100 can store and play MP3 and WMA files from your personal library and purchased or subscription content from most Window Media (WMA) based online music sites.
Storage Limit: The Stiletto 100 limits and automatically manages the allocation of memory for specific types of content. The following table shows how memory space is prioritized.
|Content Type||Storage Limitation||Notes|
|Individual songs saved from SIRIUS broadcasts||10 hours||once the 10 hour limit is exceeded, older content is automatically deleted to make space available for recently added songs|
|Schedule recordings and time block recordings||100 hours||newer recordings will replace older recordings once the 100 hours fills up|
|Downloaded MP3 and WMA files (purchased and subscription content)||800 MB||half of the memory available on the Stiletto may be used for the storage of download purchased or subscription content, once downloaded, content will remain until it is deleted by user|
|Radio Replays||Available Memory||occupies any unused memory and are deleted automatically to make space available for other content|
Settings Menu: The Settings menu allows you to make changes to the global settings of your Stiletto 100 and personalize your experience. The following settings are available.
- Audio and Display Settings:
- Brightness: adjust the brightness of the display screen from 5 to 100%
- Backlight Timer: adjust how long the backlight of the display screen remains on after no button are pressed from 2, 5, 10, or 30 seconds
- Say Channel Name: choose whether the channel names are spoken as you browse lists of channels
- System Sounds: choose whether the system sounds beeps and other audible tones
- System Volume: adjust the volume of the system sounds and spoken channel names from 0 to 100%
- Channel Settings:
- Hidden Channels: select which channels to hide
- Hidden Genres: select which genres to hide
- Device Settings:
- Sirius ID: displays the SIRIUS ID (SID) number of the Stiletto 100
- Antenna Aiming: displays the strength of the SIRIUS signal being received
- Time Zone: sets the time zone from Newfoundland, Atlantic, Eastern, Indiana, Central, Mountain, Arizona or Pacific
- Memory Usage: displays information on how much of the Stiletto's memory is being used
- Device Info: displays information a bout the model number, and software and hardware versions of the Stiletto
- Service Info: displays information that might be required by SIRIUS customer service
- Legal Info: provides legal and copyright information for the Stiletto 100
- Reset: resets all the settings of the Stiletto 100 to the factory defaults
- Dock Settings:
- FM Transmit: selects whether the FM transmitter is turned on or off when the Stiletto 100 is in an optional docking station
- Traffic/Weather: selects a city for traffic/weather reporting for the Jump button when the unit is in the optional vehicle docking station
- Parental Control Settings:
- Parental Controls: turn 4-digit password protection On or Off
- Locked Channels: choose individual channels to lock or unlock with the 4-digit password
- Radio Replay Settings:
- Radio Replays: select whether the Stiletto 100 should automatically save content for Radio Replays
- Sports Settings:
- Favorite Teams: allows you to select your favorite teams for Game Alerts
- Game Alerts: select whether the Game Alert feature is On or Off
- Sports Ticker: select whether to display the Sports Ticker
- Wi-Fi Settings:
- Wi-Fi Status: turns the Wi-Fi access for connecting to a wireless network On or Off
- Network List: displays a list of wireless networks to which the Stiletto 100 has previously connected
Front Controls: The Stiletto 100 features the following controls on the front of the unit under the LCD screen.
- Media Dial: allows you to scroll to next or previous selection on the screen
- Play/Pause: plays or pauses your music
- Rewind/Fast Forward: allows you to rewind or fast forward through a desired track or skip to the next or previous track
- Select: selects highlighted items in the music list or menu
- Love: save the song or show or add to favorites when song/show cannot be saved
- Home Button: takes you to the Home Screen
- Back Button: returns back to the screen previously displayed
- Options: displays available options for the currently displayed screen
- Display: cycles between 3-channel display mode, 6-channel display mode, artist name, and song title when in the channel browsing mode
Side Controls: The unit features the following controls on the left hand side.
- Power/Lock switch: turns unit On or Off and locks controls to prevent accidental usage
- Volume Up/Down button: increases or decrease the volume of the unit
Connections: The Stiletto offers the following connections on the bottom of the device.
- Headphone Jack: 3.5mm output for use with supplied or optional headphones
- Power Connector: connection used for supplied AC adapter
- Antenna Headphones/Docking Connector: connection used for supplied Antenna Headphones, for supplied USB cable and used for the optional Car and Home docking kits
My Sirius Studio Software: The My Sirius Studio software included with the Stiletto 100 allows you to connect your Stiletto 100 to your PC computer. The software requires your PC computer to be using the Microsoft Windows XP operating system with Service Pack 2 installed. The software must be installed before connecting the Stiletto to your computer. The My Sirius Studio software provides the following capabilities.
- Creating playlists and adding songs to the playlists
- Streaming SIRIUS music channels over the Internet
- Checking for updates to the device software and downloading them to the Stiletto 100, and re-installing deleted device software
Yahoo! Music Engine Software: During the installation of the My Sirius Studio Software you will be given the opportunity to install Yahoo! Music Engine software. The software will recognize the Stiletto 100 and enable you to manage playlists and download music files. The software will also allow you to view the song and artist information saved by you as "Favorites".
Stiletto 100 Specs:
- Satellite Frequencies: 2322.293/2330.207 MHz
- Terrestrial Frequencies: 2326.250 MHz
- Power Requirements: 5 Volts, 2.0A Negative Ground DC
- Operation Temperature: 23 to 104-degrees Fahrenheit
- Audio Interface: 3.5mm stereo jack
- Headphone Output: 20mW at 16 ohms
- Signal to Noise: 90dB (MP3)
- Weight: 4.6 oz with slim battery
- With Slim Battery: Width = 2.184", Height = 4.707", Depth = 0.741"
- With Standard Battery: Width = 2.184", Height = 4.707", Depth = 0.958"
- Memory Capacity: 2GB
- Wi-Fi Standard: 802.11b
- Wi-Fi Security: WEP and WPA (2) Personal
- Wi-Fi Antenna: Integrated Internal
- Internal Antenna Type: Integrated, Low Profile Patch
Optional Vehicle Dock: In order to use the Stiletto in your vehicle you will need the optional Stiletto Vehicle Kit (607SLC1) sold separately. The kit includes a compact docking cradle that rapidly charges your Stiletto's battery connected to an interior FM extender antenna and an externally mounted antenna for more reliable reception and plays audio through your vehicle's FM stereo system. The Vehicle Dock comes supplied with a cigarette lighter adapter to provide power to the Stiletto and comes supplied with an easy to use wireless remote control.