About the SIRIUS Starmate
Starmate a space age name for a space-saving SIRIUS tuner. This little marvel measures just 4" wide and just over 1" deep but it packs a big punch. It gives you an easy-to-read 3-line display that showcases artist, song title, and channel information. A handy wireless remote is also included for convenient system operation.
Right out of the box, you'll be able to use it in your vehicle a car kit (which features a suction-cup mount, a roof-mount antenna, and a DC power adapter) is included in the package. The Starmate's built-in wireless FM transmitter broadcasts the signal directly to your vehicle's FM radio no wiring needed (and it'll transmit on any of 100 FM frequencies from 88.1 to 107.9).
You can scroll through SIRIUS's offerings by channel, artist, or song title, and you can enter channel numbers directly with the remote control. With all the entertainment SIRIUS provides, you'll have plenty of favorite channels fortunately, you can save up to 30 of them in the Starmate's preset banks.
While you're listening, you can save the names of up to 10 songs or artists in the Starmate's memory. The S-Seek function scans the SIRIUS signal, and lets you know anytime one of them is playing across the SIRIUS dial. You can also save the name of your favorite NFL team, and the system will alert you whenever they're playing.
- plug-and-play SIRIUS tuner
- car kit (includes antenna, suction-cup mount, DC power adapter)
- wireless remote
- built-in wireless FM transmitter
- transmits on any of 100 FM frequencies from 88.1 to 107.9
- 30 presets
- 10-song memory
- S-Seek alerts you when a saved song is playing anywhere on SIRIUS
- memory lets you save your favorite NFL team; will alert you when it's playing
- 3-line LCD displays artist, song, and channel info
- clock, auto shutdown, sleep timer
- tuner dimensions: 4"W x 2-3/8"H x 1-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ST1
What's in the box:
- Sirius Satellite receiver with removable clip mount
- Wireless remote control (with installed CR2025 Lithium battery)
- Suction cup mount
- Cigarette lighter power adapter with attached 76" cord
- Magnetic Sirius antenna (model UCA) with attached 21' microcable and single right-angle SMB connector
- 6-1/2" Rubber antenna tail
- Cleaner with antistatic packet
- User Guide
SIRIUS Starmate reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SIRIUS Starmate
Product Overview: The Sirius Starmate ST1 is a portable plug-n-play Sirius Satellite Radio receiver. The package includes a wireless remote, magnetic antenna, cigarette lighter power adapter, and an adjustable suction cup car mounting kit. An optional home kit (item # 607STH1) is available for enjoying Sirius programming in your home or office.
Sirius Satellite Radio: Sirius Satellite Radio features more than 120 streams of original programming beamed coast-to-coast, including 65 streams of commercial-free, digital-quality music, and news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming.
Note: Satellite radio service is available only within the continental United States. Service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii.
Display: The Starmate ST1 tuner has a compact 3-line display. The Default screen displays the Channel Name and Number and the current time on the top line, with the artist and song title on separate lines. With the display button, you can toggle between the Category Name and the Channel Name on the top line. Pressing and holding the display button will allow you to enter the Channel Search mode. You can manually adjust the display's contrast and dimming controls for best viewing.
Search Modes: This unit gives you several ways to search for and select music or other programming:
- Channel: scroll through each channel in numerical order
- Category: scroll through each of the categories (Pop, Rock, Country, Hip-Hop, R&B/Urban, Electronic/Dance, Jazz/Standards, Classical, Latin & World)
- Artist: scroll through the artist names of currently playing songs
- Song Title: scroll through the titles of currently playing songs
Preset Tuning: The tuner allows you to store 30 presets in 5 separate banks (A, B, C, D and E) of six channels each. Preset channels can be tuned directly by selecting a preset band and pressing the preset number on the numeric keypad (unit or remote). While in the Preset Tuning mode, you can view the list of presets showing channel name, artist name, or song title.
Direct Tuning: Using the direct button and number keys on the supplied remote, you can directly access channels by their 3-digit channel numbers.
Memory Function (Memo): The Memo function allows you to capture and store information about the programming (artist/song info, sports team, or traffic city) on the currently tuned channel, up to a total of 10 listings. The receiver has the capability to continuously search the incoming Sirius channels and alert you when a saved program is being played. If you store information on an NFL play-by-play broadcast, you will be able to select one of the two teams, and you will be alerted anytime that team is playing in a game being broadcast while the receiver is turned on.
Song Seek (S-Seek): Once you have stored an artist's name or song title in memory, you can activate the Song Seek function to search for, and audibly alert you, whenever the song or artist is playing on an incoming channel.
Signal Indicator: You can check the strength of the Sirius satellite signal being received. When locating the antenna in your home, you should place the antenna in a spot that illuminates the maximum number of bars on the meter.
Channel Block: The Starmate has the ability to lockout the use of any channel you do not want others to access without your permission. The locked channel will not appear when the user changes channels with the channel switch. When the user tries to directly access a locked channel, the "Enter Code" screen will be displayed, and the channel will not be accessed until the proper code is entered.
Auto Select: When Auto Select is turned on, the receiver will automatically tune to a highlighted channel. When Auto Select is turned off, the receiver will not tune to the highlighted channel until the Select button is pressed.
Confirmation Tone: A beep tone sounds to confirm each button press. This confirmation tone can be turned off in the menu, if desired.
FM Transmitter: The Starmate's built-in modulator allows you transmit Sirius radio programming to your vehicle's FM tuner, so you don't have to make any connections between the Sirius receiver and the radio. You can select any of 100 frequencies between 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. The FM modulator can be turned off if not in use.
Time-Based Functions: The tuner has a built-in clock with the time data provided by the Sirius signal. The clock can be set for time zone and observance of Daylight Saving Time. Once the clock data is set, you can activate the following functions:
- Alarm Clock: The built-in alarm clock can be set to turn on the unit at a specific time.
- Auto Shutdown: The unit can be set to automatically turn off after a one-hour period without any user intervention. After 59 minutes of inactivity, a beep-tone sounds and a display prompt appears on the screen allowing you the option of canceling auto shutdown.
- Sleep Mode: The receiver can be set to turn off after a selected period of time, 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
Factory Default: To revert back to all the original receiver settings at once, you can activate the factory default screen.
Remote Control: In addition to offering all the controls on the receiver's front panel, the remote adds direct tuning, audio mute, and volume control. Dimensions: Length=4.15", Width=1.624", Height=0.678".
Receiver Front Panel:
- Power: Turns the receiver on or off
- Display: Changes display options
- Menu: Accesses the menu options (user setup menu)
- Channel Switch: Navigates through channels and display screens and makes selections of items highlighted on the display. Moves up or down to increase/decrease or move up/down in menus. Presses in to select highlighted item.
- Band: Cycles through the 5 stream preset banks
- Number Keys (1-6): Select preset directly
- Memo: Captures and stores the current program data information
- Category Buttons (</>): Advances to the next category group
- Select: Selects the highlighted option on the screen
Receiver Right Side:
- Volume Control: + and - buttons to raise/lower the volume
Receiver Left Side:
- DC 12V Input: power input for supplied cigarette lighter adapter or optional AC adapter (supplied with home kit)
- FM Output: 2.5mm SubMini jack FM output for use with optional wired FM switch box accessory
Receiver Right Side:
- Antenna: single female SMB connector for attaching supplied magnetic Sirius antenna
- Audio Output: 3.5mm mini jack line output or headphone output
Overview: The supplied car kit includes everything you need to install the Sirius Starmate tuner into your vehicle. The kit contains a clip mount, suction cup mounting bracket, DC power supply (cigarette lighter), and roof-mount magnetic antenna. The Sirius tuner, with the clip mount attached, clips into the mounting bracket, and the bracket's suction cup holds the unit firmly to the windshield.
Antenna: The low-profile Sirius antenna has a powerful magnetic base that allows you to mount the antenna on the roof or trunk lid of your vehicle. The antenna needs to be positioned in such a way that it will be free of mechanical and line-of-sight obstructions. The antenna' s dimensions are: W=1.876", H=0.647", D=2.668" (8.792" including "tail"), Cable Length=21'.
Note: The attached micro cable has a single SMB connector, which plugs into the receiver.
Suction Cup Mounting Bracket: The supplied mounting bracket features a 2.8" diameter suction cup which will mount the receiver securely to the windshield. The bracket features two adjustable "elbows" and a ball socket joint, allowing you to install the receiver at virtually any angle.
Optional Pro-Fit Brackets: The car kit can be used with many of the Pro-Fit Vehicle-Specific Mounts (VSMs) to provide a custom mount for your vehicle. Please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector for compatibility with your vehicle.
- Audio Output: 2.2 volts
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): less than 0.3%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (S/N): greater than 75dB
- Receiver Weight: 9 ounces