About the Viper VPS450
Protect your powersports vehicle
Protect your powersports vehicle
Thieves aren't stupid. They only steal things people like. Lots of people like powersports vehicles, for example, so it's no surprise to hear about motorcycles, ATVs, boats, snowmobiles, and personal watercraft disappearing into the night. Viper's VPS450 Powersports GPS Tracker will help make sure your fun machine won't become another statistic.
Get alerts via app
The VPS450 is designed specifically for powersports use. It's compact, water-resistant, easy to install, and easy on your vehicle's battery. The Viper SmartStart app lets you control it with your smartphone, so if something happens to your vehicle(s), you'll know right away. You can choose from a variety of alert options, including impact and movement sensing that'll let you know if your vehicle or vessel is tilted or towed. You'll also know if the built-in battery has been tampered with.
Ideal for stored vehicles
Speaking of batteries, the VP450 is designed for ultra-low battery consumption, so it's perfect for stored vehicles. If your motorcycle is in a parking garage or your powersports fleet is stored at your lake house, that's a very cool feature. BTW, the VPS450 is also great for lawn tractors and other outdoor vehicles.
The first year's free
The package includes the VPS450 GPS module with harness, one year of Viper GPS service, and a quick reference guide. The first year of service is included, and service renewal (sold separately by Viper) is $99.99 per year.
- perfect for motorcycles, scooters, ATVs, snowmobiles, boats, and more
- water-resistant and made for outdoor use
- ultra-low battery consumption
- ideal for stored vehicles
- works with the Viper SmartStart app (Apple and Android phones)
- choose from a variety of alert options
- first year of service free ($99.99/year thereafter)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VPS450
What's in the box:
- GPS Module (attached 6.5' wiring w/ inline 3A mini fuse)
- Override button w/ 37" cable (pre-attached to GPS wiring)
- Installation guide (Eng / Span)
- Owner's guide (Eng / Span)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Viper VPS450
Overview: The Viper Powersports GPS lets you locate and keep track of your powersport vehicle using your smartphone and the Viper SmartStart app. This small water-resistant GPS system is perfect for small battery systems, such as motorcycles, ATVs, boats, as well as stored vehicles. It can prevent the vehicle from being started and can alert you if the vehicle is stolen or moved without permission. The VPS450 carries an IP66 water- and dust-resistance rating.
SmartStart application: All control and operation of the VPS450 is done through the Viper SmartStart app, available for download from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android). A QR code is provided in the Owner's Guide that can be scanned for downloading the app as well. The app can display the status of the vehicle, change settings, as well as remotely activate/deactivate the starter disable feature.
Sleep Mode: In order to optimize the battery life of your powersport vehicle, the VPS450 is kept in sleep mode at all times unless woken up by specific activity such as:
- Ignition On: Unit stays awake as long as the ignition is on.
- Vehicle Movement: Unit stays awake as long as there is movement, unless Water Mode is on.
- Check In: The VPS450 will wake up and report once every 25 hours or once every 5 hours if Water Mode is on.
- Alerts: The unit will wake up with any related Alerts, unless Water Mode is on.
- Override: Input from the included Override Switch will wake the unit up for a short period of time, and allow the vehicle to be started without use of the SmartStart app.
Water Mode: This mode prevents the system from waking up in boats or watercraft that are left in the water. This prevents excess battery consumption due to rocking motion or bumping against piers or docking buoys. When this mode is active, the unit will only wake up if it detects the ignition is turned on. To limit the distance a boat can be moved without being located while in Water Mode, the system will automatically log its location every 5 hours instead of the usual 25 hour interval.
Override Button: During normal operation, the SmartStart app is used to wake the system up and allow the vehicle to be started. In the event of poor or no cellular reception, the included Override Button can be used to allow the vehicle to be started. Even if temporarily overridden, the starter disable mode still stays active until an enable command is sent from the SmartStart app.
App Menus: The following options are available from the main screen of the SmartStart app:
- Dashboard: This allows you to see the map of your current location and enable or disable the vehicle starter.
- Activity: This shows a quick history of your vehicles activities and allows you to manage alerts.
- Map: Displays the last known location of your vehicle.
- SmartSchedule: Feature not available for the VPS450.
- MotorClub: Feature not available for the VPS450.
- Settings: Allows you to access your personal settings like vehicle status, vehicle selection (if you have more than one), manage alerts, and change vehicle settings.
- Help: Provides quick tutorials and offers product support with the option to report issues directly on the app.
Alerts: Alerts are sent automatically via push notification, unless you opt out during the app configuration, or have switched off notifications on your phone. Alerts include:
- Battery: Notifies you if the battery level is low.
- Lockdown: Alerts when the vehicle moves with the ignition on.
- Speed: Alerts when the preset maximum speed is reached.
- SmartFence A and B: Alerts if the vehicle crosses the boundary of a pre-selected area. A center point can be selected on the map, along with a desired radius. Two SmartFence settings are available.
- Tow: Alerts if the vehicle is moving with the ignition off.
- Tilt: Alerts if the vehicle exceeds a preset tilt angle.
- Tamper: Alerts if the battery is disconnected.
Service: Purchase of the VPS450 includes the first year of service, with a $99.99 per year service renewal thereafter. A one time $9.99 fee is required for initial activation of the system.
- Red: +12V Constant power
- Yellow: +12V Ignition power
- Black: Ground
- Green (2): Starter kill in/out
The Viper VPS450 replaces these items
1 question already asked