About the eero Pro
An expandable TrueMesh™ router
An expandable TrueMesh™ router
Even a small home or apartment can have dead zones with weak wireless signal. The powerful eero Pro covers up to 1,750 square feet with fast, effective tri-band Wi-Fi. It's equipped with MU-MIMO technology that sends fast Wi-Fi to multiple devices at the same time, and beamforming technology directs wireless signal where it's needed most.
If you have a larger home, you may want to start with the eero Pro system that creates a seamless mesh network with three included modules.
Convenient app with subscription-based upgrades
The free eero app allows easy setup and management of your network via your mobile device. Regular software updates bring new features, improve performance, and ensure your security is always up to date. The app's free functions let you set up a secure guest network, block access from specific devices, and schedule or pause internet usage for children.
The subscription-based eero Secure app upgrade adds threat scanning, an ad blocker, and family-safe browsing that tags sites that contain violent, illegal, or adult content.
The eero Secure+ subscription tier includes all of the above, and adds VPN protection, antivirus software, and a password manager for an additional fee.
Make connections to the router
Dual Ethernet ports on each router allow you to directly connect to devices that need a lot of bandwidth — think high-res music players, 4K smart TVs, movie and TV streaming boxes, and video game consoles.
- single TrueMesh™ router generates up to 1,750 square feet of Wi-Fi
- expandable with additional eero modules (not included)
- 802.11ac simultaneous 2.4GHz, 5.2GHz, and 5.8GHz tri-band Wi-Fi
- MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) sends fast Wi-Fi to multiple devices at the same time
- beamforming technology directs wireless signal where it's needed most
- Bluetooth® connectivity for mobile devices
- dual auto-sensing Gigabit ports on each router for WAN and/or LAN connectivity
- 700 MHz quad-core processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB flash storage
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) and WPA2 encryption
- easy setup and management of your eero via mobile device
- set up a secure guest network
- block unwanted devices from accessing your network
- automatic updating of security and features
- schedule or pause internet usage for children
- eero Secure (subscription required):
- family-safe browsing tags sites that contain violent, illegal, or adult content
- ad-blocker stops popup advertisements
- threat scanning warns of malicious sites
- eero Secure+ adds VPN protection, antivirus software, and a password manager for an additional fee
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4-3/4"W x 1-7/16"H x 5-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # B010101
What's in the box:
- eero Router/Extender
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- 57" Ethernet cable
- Welcome card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the eero Pro
eero Pro Individual (B010101): The eero Pro Individual (B010101) delivers fast speeds and a reliable signal with up to 1750 sq/ft of wireless coverage. It can be set up as a stand-alone WiFi router or utilized as a WiFi extender to increase the wireless range of your existing eero Pro mesh network system. You can also add-on additional eero devices (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to increase wireless coverage even more.
- The eero Pro doesn't replace your modem, it replaces your existing WiFi router. The eero WiFi router plugs into your existing cable or DSL modem. If you have a combination modem/router, you'll be using that as a modem only and disabling the routing function by putting it in bridge modem.
- In order to use eero, you will still need to have an Internet Service Provider (ISP). eero works with all ISPs in the United States and Canada.
- 1st and 2nd generation eero devices are compatible with one another and can be used in the same WiFi network system.
Flexible Design: Every home is unique, and eero is designed to be flexible so that it can be a fit for any home. Generally, the number of eeros recommended & needed is one eero for every 1,000 square feet to provide coverage throughout your entire home or simply based on the number of bedrooms and/or floors in your home. You can add as many eeros or eero Beacons to your home & modem as you'd like.
- Apartment: For a small apartment, consider the eero J010111 WiFi System, that consists of a single eero WiFi router with a wireless range of 1,500 sq/ft; or the eero Pro Individual B010101 that has a wireless range of 1,750 sq/ft. The eero WiFi router will replace your exsisting router and connect directly to your modem.
- Small Home: Since 1-2 eeros are recommended per floor, in a small home settings, a great fit would be the eero M010201. This set includes one eero, which will replace your existing router and connect directly to your modem, and an eero Beacon to be placed at another spot in your home to help blanket your home in fast, reliable WiFi (up to 2,000 sq/ft).
- Medium Home: If you have a home that has two or more floors, you will likely see best results from the eero M010301 that offers a wireless range of 3,000 sq/ft. Again, the eero will replace your existing router and connect directly to your modem, while the two eero Beacons can be placed throughout your home to deliver the best-connected home experience.
- Large or Wired Home: If you have a larger home (more than 3 floors) or your home is wired for Ethernet, the best fit is the eero B010301 Pro WiFi System or the eero J010311 WiFi System. These sets include three eero devices, each of which features a tri-band (B010301) or dual-band (J010311) radio and two Ethernet ports. The B010301 system has a wireless range of 6,000 sq/ft and the J010311 has a wireless range of 5,000 sq/ft.
- When figuring out the optimal number of eeros for your home, take your home's layout into consideration. This includes length, number of rooms, and any potential interference-inducing obstacles like brick walls, large appliance or metal doors.
- eero's range may vary based on characteristics of your home including, but not limited to, its building materials, layout, interference, and eero placement.
Processor, Memory, & Storage: The eero Pro Individual (B010101) is outfitted with a 700 MHz quad-core processor, 512MB RAM, and 4GB flash storage.
TrueMesh Technology: The eero Pro Individual (B010101) uses TrueMesh technology to ensure your traffic is always moving efficiently throughout your network. This means your devices stay connected no matter where you are at home while getting the necessary speeds to deliver the same great experience. Each eero acts as an access point on your home network and function together as a self-sufficient WiFi system. This means that each eero can talk to one another. Whereas with a range extender, it can only communicate with your router, making its expandability limited to the range of your router.
- Unlike the familiar router-to-range extender network configuration, eero employs TrueMesh technology that uses multiple access points to provide your home with fast, reliable coverage all on a single network.
- TrueMesh technology knows the signal strength between each eero device in your home and calculates the best path from your device to the internet. If there's a disruption on any part of your network, TrueMesh dynamically reroutes traffic to keep it perfectly balanced. All this happens in the background so you don't notice a thing.
WiFi Technologies: The eero Pro Individual (B010101) incorporates advanced WiFi technologies like Tri-Band, 802.11ac, MU-MIMO, & Beamforming.
- Tri-Band: With tri-band (2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz), the eero has an additional 5Ghz radio, meaning more of your devices can connect and get the fastest possible speeds. The eero Pro Individual (B010301)'s max rated transmit speeds are approximately 240Mbps at 2.4GHz and approximately 600Mpbs at 5GHz. One eero system can support up to 128 devices. However, if those devices are heavily using the Internet for activities like streaming video, you'll probably see best results using up to 30 devices with a eero system.
- 802.11ac: 802.11ac WiFi delivers exceptional speed and performance, and is 3x faster than Wireless-N. The eero system supports the following WiFi standards - 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac.
- MU-MIMO: MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) is the latest advancement towards uninterrupted, simultaneous WiFi connections. Devices such as 4K TVs, HD streaming media players, tablets, game consoles, and many more use a lot of bandwidth, and with MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology, the eero system sends WiFi to multiple devices at the same time and same speed. Your whole family can play, stream, and work at once, without experiencing lag or buffering--at up to 2x the speed of a non-MU-MIMO router.
- Beamforming: Beamforming technology helps improve the quality of voice, streaming of video and other bandwidth and latency sensitive transmissions. Beamforming will direct WiFi signals to each of your mobile devices to increase signal strength and coverage. Play video games, listen to music, check emails, shop online, stream HD movies, and more, without having to worry about dropped signals.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The eero Pro Individual (B010101) has two auto-detecting Ethernet Gigabit ports. One of the eero devices connects directly to the modem via Ethernet. All the other Ethernet ports provide the option to hardwire devices like an Ethernet switch, printer, or video game console.
eero App: The eero app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) allows you to easily set up (in less than 10 minutes) and manage your eero WiFi system from your Apple iOS or Android device. You'll be able to view and manage your eero network from anywhere with a network or cellular connection. You'll also be able to easily and securely share your network with guests, or block devices from using your network. In addition, you can schedule or pause internet access to manage screen time. The eero app even offers automatic updates with new features, performance improvements, and the latest security standards for your eero system. The eero app automatically runs a speed test once per day; the results of the latest test can be found at the bottom of the app's home page.
Amazon Alexa Compatible: You can control your eero WiFi network with the power of your voice using Amazon Alexa and the eero skill-set. Download the Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible mobile device and install an Amazon Alexa Echo speaker or other Alexa built-in device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) on your eero network. Now, you can ask Alexa to perform various tasks without needing to open the eero app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Safe & Secure Connection: eero systems use Transport Layer Security (TLS) and WPA2 encryption to maintain a secure connection between your eeros, devices, and the cloud. You'll receive a single-use code via text message to gain administrative access to your network and ensure secure setup. Every component of the eero system uses best-in-class encryption and security protocols to keep your network and data secure. Regular audits of the entire eero infrastructure are run by 3rd-party security firms, and eero works with the global research community to find and fix security issues.
Security Subscriptions: eero Secure and Secure+ is a subscription service that provides an extra level of security to your network. With eero Secure and Secure+, you can manage all your security settings and keep track to your networks activity from the the eero app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+).
- eero Secure: eero Secure provides the following security features for $2.99 per month or $29.99 per year.
- Threat Scan: By checking the sites you visit against a database of millions of known threats, eero Secure prevents you from accidentally visiting malicious sites without slowing anything down.
- Family-Safe Browsing: eero Secure automatically tags sites that contain violent, illegal, or adult content so you can choose what your kids can and cannot visit right in the eero app
- Ad Blocking: Get rid of annoying ads and pop-ups on all your devices. Ad blocking also improves load times for ad-heavy sites so you can browse and stream faster than ever before.
- eero Secure+: eero Secure+ provides the same security features as eero Secure, but also adds additional features for greater protection. eero Secure+ costs $9.99 per month or $99 per year.
- VPN Protection: With encrypt.me, you can browse the web privately and securely with a VPN. This is ideal for people who work from home or when using potentially insecure public WiFi at cafes and airports. Available for up to 5 accounts.
- Password Manager: Stop using the same simple password for all your logins and get a password manager that can safely create, store, and share unique passwords in one central place. Available for up to 5 members.
- Antivirus Software: This anti-malware software scans, cleans, and protects your computers and mobile devices from viruses, ransomware, and more. Malwarebytes works on and off your eero network for non-stop protection. Available for up to 3 devices on your network.
Required For Setup: Below is a list of requirements for eero setup -
- Active internet connection from an ISP (Internet Service Provider) -
with modem (or other device with an upstream connection to your ISP). eero
has been tested for compatibility with most major ISPs in the United States
and Canada. To date, no U.S. or Canadian ISP has been considered
incompatible with eero. As long as you can connect your gateway eero to a
modem or upstream device with an Ethernet cord, you should be able to set up
and use eero -
- Examples of ISPs in the U.S. include, but are not limited to, Comcast Xfinity, AT&T, Time Warner Cable, CenturyLink, Charter, Verizon Fios, Cox, Google Fiber, and Frontier.
- Examples of ISPs in Canada include, but are not limited to, Rogers, Bell Aliant, Eastlink, Shaw, Cogeco, Bell Canada, Videotron, Telus, and TekSavvy.
- Supported Apple iOS 9.3+ or Android OS 4.3+ device with Bluetooth 4. BLE & data connection (cellular or WiFi).
- The eero app for Apple iOS or Android OS from the Apple Apps or Google Play stores.
- An email address and US or Canada phone number to activate and sign-in to your account.
Mounting & Placement Options: When used as a router, the one that connects to your modem via Ethernet, the eero Prod should ideally be centrally located in your home (if possible). When used as an extender, the eero Pro should be located centrally on the other floor of your home. The eero Pro should be placed on a surface that is both stable and flat - such as tables, countertops, and nightstands. eero is not water or weather resistant. However, by placing an eero device closer to outdoor areas (but still inside), you can get great coverage across your outdoor space.
Power Requirements: The eero Pro Individual (B010101) includes an AC power adapter which will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Automatic OTA (Over-The-Air) Updates: eero software automatically updates about once a month, keeping your system at the cutting edge. Regular software updates range from bug fixes to performance improvements to exciting new features and the latest security standards. To use eero, you will need to have a download speed of at least 1Mbps to receive system updates.