About the eero 6 Wi-Fi® System
TrueMesh™ network coverage with Wi-Fi 6 for a large property
TrueMesh™ network coverage with Wi-Fi 6 for a large property
This eero 6 module with two wireless extenders can create a mesh network for a large home or business. Together they cover up to 4,500 square feet with fast, effective dual-band Wi-Fi 6 — the newest and fastest Wi-Fi standard. And you can extend your network with more router modules or extenders if you need to expand in the future.
Advanced Wi-Fi features boost connection speeds
The network is equipped with multiple-user, multiple-input, multiple-output (MU-MIMO) technology that sends fast Wi-Fi to multiple devices at the same time. Beamforming technology directs wireless signal where it's needed most. And new features like OFDMA and proactive band steering help direct traffic so you get solid speed even in a busy household or business environment.
Convenient app with subscription-based upgrades
The free eero app allows easy setup and management of your network via your mobile device. Regular software updates bring new features, improve performance, and ensure your security is always up to date. The app's free functions let you set up a secure guest network, block access from specific devices, and schedule or pause internet usage for children.
The subscription-based eero Secure app upgrade adds threat scanning, an ad blocker, and family-safe browsing that tags sites that contain violent, illegal, or adult content.
The eero Secure+ subscription tier includes all of the above, and adds VPN protection, antivirus software, and a password manager for an additional fee.
Make connections to the router
Dual Ethernet ports on the router module allow you to directly connect to devices that need a lot of bandwidth — think high-res music players, 4K smart TVs, movie and TV streaming boxes, and video game consoles.
Note: The extender modules do not feature any Ethernet ports.
- TrueMesh™ router with extenders generates up to 4,500 square feet of Wi-Fi
- expandable with additional eero routers or extenders (not included)
- 802.11ax simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-band Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth® connectivity for mobile devices
- built-in Zigbee smart home hub connects compatible smart home devices on your network to Amazon Alexa (requires linking your eero and Amazon accounts)
- compatible with Apple HomeKit
- router features dual auto-sensing Gigabit ports for WAN and/or LAN connectivity
- extenders do not have any WAN or LAN ports for making wired connections
- each module:
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB flash storage
- WPA2-AES and WPA3-Personal encryption
- MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) sends fast Wi-Fi to multiple devices at the same time
- proactive band steering directs connected devices to channels with the best performance
- beamforming technology directs wireless signal where it's needed most
- OFDMA allows more devices to connect without slowing down your Wi-Fi
eero app features:
- easy setup and management of your eero network via mobile device
- set up a secure guest network
- block unwanted devices from accessing your network
- automatic updating of security and features
- schedule or pause internet usage for children
- eero Secure (subscription required):
- family-safe browsing tags sites that contain violent, illegal, or adult content
- ad-blocker stops popup advertisements
- threat scanning warns of malicious sites
- eero Secure+ adds VPN protection, antivirus software, and a password manager for an additional fee
Dimensions and warranty:
- 3-15/16"W x 2-7/16"H x 3-7/8"D (each)
- weight: 10.5 oz. (each)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M110311
What's in the box:
- Dual-band mesh WiFi router
- 2 Dual-band mesh WiFi extenders
- 3 AC power adapters (attached 58" USB-C cord)
- 3' Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warrant/Safety/Legal Booklet
- Security Information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
eero 6 Wi-Fi® System reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the eero 6 Wi-Fi® System
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 6|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Dual-Band 500 Mbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||N/A|
eero 6 WiFi Router & Two Extenders: The eero 6 WiFi Router & Two Extenders (M110311) utilize TrueMesh Technology and WiFi 6 to deliver fast speeds and a reliable signal throughout your home. The eero 6 WiFi Router & Two Extenders offer up to 5000 sq/ft of wireless coverage. You can add-on more eero 6 WiFi extenders (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to increase wireless mesh network coverage even more.
- The eero 6 WiFi router doesn't replace your modem, it replaces your existing WiFi router. The eero WiFi router plugs into your existing cable or DSL modem. If you have a combination modem/router, you'll be using that as a modem only and disabling the routing function by putting it in bridge mode.
- In order to use eero, you will still need to have an Internet Service Provider (ISP). eero works with all ISPs in the United States and Canada.
- eero 6 is backward compatible with other eero network devices and can be used in the same WiFi network system.
Processor, Memory, & Storage: The eero 6 WiFi Router & Two Extenders are outfitted with a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 512MB RAM, and 4GB flash storage.
TrueMesh Technology: The eero 6 WiFi Router & Two Extenders use TrueMesh technology to ensure your traffic is always moving efficiently throughout your network. This means your devices stay connected no matter where you are at home while getting the necessary speeds to deliver the same great experience. Multiple eero devices can setup throughout your home and act as access points on your home network and function together as a self-sufficient WiFi system. This means that all your eero devices can talk with one another. Whereas with a range extender, it can only communicate with your router, making its expandability limited to the range of your router.
- Unlike the familiar router-to-range extender network configuration, eero 6 employs TrueMesh technology that uses multiple access points to provide your home with fast, reliable coverage all on a single network.
- TrueMesh technology knows the signal strength between each eero device in your home and calculates the best path from your device to the internet. If there's a disruption on any part of your network, TrueMesh dynamically reroutes traffic to keep it perfectly balanced. All this happens in the background so you don't notice a thing.
- Generally, the number of eeros recommended & needed is one eero for every 1,000 square feet to provide coverage throughout your entire home You can add as many eeros devices to your home & modem as you'd like.
WiFi 6 (802.11ax): The eero 6 system uses the power of WiFi 6 to deliver faster speeds, increase your internet's efficiency, and reduce network congestion. WiFi 6 is the latest WiFi technology delivering faster speeds, higher performance, and better support for simultaneous device usage throughout the home. WiFi 6 supports 802.11ax, 802.11ac, 802.11n, 802.11g, 802.11b, and 802.11a.
- Dual-Band: Simultaneous dual band WiFi provides two separate WiFi networks - 2.4GHz for legacy devices and 5GHz which is less interference-prone for media streaming. Its enough bandwidth to deliver high speeds to over 75+ connected devices. The eero 6 supports speeds up to 100Mbps at 2.4GHz and up to 400Mbps at 5GHz for a total of 500Mbps.
- MU-MIMO: MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) is the latest advancement towards uninterrupted, simultaneous WiFi connections. Devices such as 4K TVs, HD streaming media players, tablets, game consoles, and many more use a lot of bandwidth, and with MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology, the eero system sends WiFi to multiple devices at the same time and same speed. Your whole family can play, stream, and work at once, without experiencing lag or buffering--at up to 2x the speed of a non-MU-MIMO router.
- Beamforming: Beamforming technology helps improve the quality of voice, streaming of video and other bandwidth and latency sensitive transmissions. Beamforming will direct WiFi signals to each of your mobile devices to increase signal strength and coverage. Play video games, listen to music, check emails, shop online, stream HD movies, and more, without having to worry about dropped signals.
- OFDMA: WiFi 6 uses OFDMA technology to clear up any congestion. A single transmission sends data to multiple users in parallel and better fills the WiFi channel. This leads to more efficient use of the channel and lower wait times for users to get their data.
Dual Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The eero 6 WiFi Router has two auto-detecting Ethernet Gigabit ports. One connects directly to your modem and the other port provides the option to hardwire devices like an Ethernet switch, printer, or video game console.
Note: The two eero 6 WiFi Extenders are not equipped with any Ethernet (RJ-45) ports for a hardwired connection.
eero App: The eero app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) allows you to easily set up and manage your eero 6 WiFi system from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. You'll be able to view and manage your eero network from anywhere with a network or cellular connection. You'll also be able to easily and securely share your network with guests, or block devices from using your network. In addition, you can schedule or pause internet access to manage screen time. The eero app even offers automatic updates with new features, performance improvements, and the latest security standards for your eero system. The eero app automatically runs a speed test once per day; the results of the latest test can be found at the bottom of the app's home page.
Amazon Alexa Compatible: You can control the eero 6 WiFi system with the power of your voice using Amazon Alexa and the eero skill-set. Download the Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible mobile device and install an Amazon Alexa Echo speaker or other Alexa built-in device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) on your eero network. Now, you can ask Alexa to perform various tasks without needing to open the eero app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Built-in Zigbee Smart Home Hub: The eero 6 is equipped with a built-in Zigbee smart home hub, eliminating the need for additional Zigbee hubs around the home. Thanks to its built-in Zigbee smart home hub, the eero 6 can connect to compatible devices on your network with Alexa so you don't need a separate Zigbee smart home hub for each device. You will need to link the eero 6 and Amazon accounts to use this feature.
Advanced Security: eero 6 uses the latest security protocol in wifi. WPA3 provides an extra layer of password protection and individualized encryption to keep your network and data secure. eero also leverages third-party security auditors to keep your network safe. It even works with the global research community to find and fix issues before you experience them.
Security Subscriptions: eero Secure and Secure+ is a subscription service that provides an extra level of security to your network. With eero Secure and Secure+, you can manage all your security settings and keep track to your networks activity from the the eero app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 7.0+).
- eero Secure: eero Secure provides the following security features for $2.99 per month or $29.99 per year.
- Threat Scan: By checking the sites you visit against a database of millions of known threats, eero Secure prevents you from accidentally visiting malicious sites without slowing anything down.
- Family-Safe Browsing: eero Secure automatically tags sites that contain violent, illegal, or adult content so you can choose what your kids can and cannot visit right in the eero app
- Ad Blocking: Get rid of annoying ads and pop-ups on all your devices. Ad blocking also improves load times for ad-heavy sites so you can browse and stream faster than ever before.
- eero Secure+: eero Secure+ provides the same security features as eero Secure, but also adds additional features for greater protection. eero Secure+ costs $9.99 per month or $99 per year.
- VPN Protection: With encrypt.me, you can browse the web privately and securely with a VPN. This is ideal for people who work from home or when using potentially insecure public WiFi at cafes and airports. Available for up to 5 accounts.
- Password Manager: Stop using the same simple password for all your logins and get a password manager that can safely create, store, and share unique passwords in one central place. Available for up to 5 members.
- Antivirus Software: This anti-malware software scans, cleans, and protects your computers and mobile devices from viruses, ransomware, and more. Malwarebytes works on and off your eero network for non-stop protection. Available for up to 3 devices on your network.
Required For Setup: Below is a list of requirements for eero 6 setup -
- Active internet connection from an ISP (Internet Service Provider) - with modem (or other device with an upstream connection to your ISP). eero has been tested for compatibility with most major ISPs in the United States and Canada. To date, no U.S. or Canadian ISP has been considered incompatible with eero. As long as you can connect your gateway eero to a modem or upstream device with an Ethernet cord, you should be able to set up and use eero -
- Examples of ISPs in the U.S. include, but are not limited to, Comcast Xfinity, AT&T, Time Warner Cable, CenturyLink, Charter, Verizon Fios, Cox, Google Fiber, and Frontier.
- Examples of ISPs in Canada include, but are not limited to, Rogers, Bell Aliant, Eastlink, Shaw, Cogeco, Bell Canada, Videotron, Telus, and TekSavvy.
- Supported Apple iOS 12.0+ or Android OS 7.0+ device with Bluetooth 4. BLE & data connection (cellular or WiFi).
- The eero app for Apple iOS or Android OS from the Apple Apps or Google Play stores.
- An email address and US or Canada phone number to activate and sign-in to your account.
Mounting & Placement Options: The eero 6 WiFi Router connects to your modem via Ethernet and should ideally be centrally located in your home (if possible) on a surface that is both stable and flat. The eero 6 WiFi Extenders should be located centrally in other room or on other floor of your home where you need extended wireless network coverage. The eero 6 WiFi Extenders should also be placed on a surface that is both stable and flat - such as tables, countertops, and nightstands.
Power Requirements: The eero 6 Wifi Router & Two Extenders each include an AC power adapter which will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Automatic OTA (Over-The-Air) Updates: eero software automatically updates about once a month, keeping your system at the cutting edge. Regular software updates range from bug fixes to performance improvements to exciting new features and the latest security standards. To use eero, you will need to have a download speed of at least 1Mbps to receive system updates.