About the Kenwood DDX719
Do you want to upgrade that bland radio in your car's dash? You'll be hard pressed to find a better way than installing Kenwood's DDX719 DVD receiver. It features a stunning 6.95 touchscreen that'll make everyone take notice of your ride.
Large and in charge
Do you want to upgrade that bland radio in your car's dash? You'll be hard pressed to find a better way than installing Kenwood's DDX719 DVD receiver. It features a stunning 6.95 touchscreen that'll make everyone take notice of your ride.
But beauty isn't skin deep in this case. The DDX719 will enrich your in-car audio/video experience with a variety of tools: easy-to-use iPod® controls, access to music and video apps through your iPhone®, and Bluetooth® hands-free calling and audio streaming. And you can use that big touchscreen to change sources, choose music, select DVD menu items, or adjust EQ settings with just a few quick touches of your fingertip. For a final touch, you can even set this Kenwood's control buttons to match the color of your vehicle's dash illumination.
Plug your iPhone into the DDX719's USB input, and you can control Pandora® Internet radio, with easy access to your stations, "thumbs-up" and "thumbs-down" ratings, and other major functions. You can watch Netflix content on the built-in screen whenever you're parked, or send video to a screen in the back so your passengers can watch while you drive. And you can download Garmin's "Streetpilot" app for iPhone, then use the receiver's screen for navigation.
Play your other media
You'll also have control over the music and video content on your iPod from the touchscreen, so finding the tune you want to hear is a snap. And of course the DDX719 plays CDs and DVDs, along with recordable discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files. You can enjoy other A/V sources by plugging them into the A/V input. The DDX719 also works with the SiriusXM tuner (not included) to bring you the wide variety of music, sports, and entertainment offered by satellite radio.
The Bluetooth advantage
The DDX719's built-in Bluetooth lets you keep your hands on the wheel you receive a call. Your phonebook transfers easily to the receiver, so it's easy to make outgoing calls — you can even use voice dialing with compatible phones. And this Kenwood will play the music you've stored on your phone wirelessly through the Bluetooth A2DP profile.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and this Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check Details for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.95" motorized touchscreen with variable color button illumination
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora control with iPhone
- iPhone App Mode with limited control of apps like Netflix and YouTube
- display function for Garmin "Streetpilot" navigation app for iPhone
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 3-band equalizer
- high- and low-pass filters
- subwoofer controls
- speaker type setting
- iPod control: Kenwood cable required for full access to audio/video content
- works with SiriusXM tuner (not included)
- inputs: rear USB and A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DDX719
What's in the box:
- Refurbished Double-DIN DVD receiver with built-in 6.95" monitor (10A fuse installed in chassis)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- KS-UBT1 USB Bluetooth adapter (installed in front-panel USB port)
- Microphone with integrated bracketed (attached 10' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Rear-support stud
- Rubber boot
- Instruction Manual (English)
- Instruction Manual (Spanish)
- Instruction Manual (French)
- Warranty card
- Correction note
Kenwood DDX719 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood DDX719
Features & specs
|Audio/video Input||Mini(r), RCA(r)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Android Control||USB MSC protocol + Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||90 Days|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
Motorized Touchscreen Display: The Kenwood DDX719 features a motorized 6.95" wide, 16:9 touchscreen display with a TFT active matrix system and LED backlighting. The screen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The monitor electronically slides down for loading or ejecting a disc.
Angle Adjustment: The bottom of the touchscreeen monitor can be tilted upward at six different positions to provide the best visibility in your vehicle.
Customized Top Menu: You can register up to 3 of your favorite sources (Disc, Tuner, USB, iPod, Pandora, Bluetooth, SiriusXM, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Standby) as the unit's Top Menu screen for easier, quicker access.
Custom Background Images: You can download a still image for use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
Multi-Language Display: For your convenience, this unit is equipped with a multiple language display. You can select the language which is best suited to your first language - English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese (simplified/traditional), Thai, Turkish, Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, or Greece.
Note: For connected external monitors; only English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, and Portuguese are available.
Aspect Ratio: You can change the aspect ratio for video playback. You can select from Full (16:9), Just (4:3 LB), Normal (4:3), or Auto (automatically selects to match incoming video signal)
Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the unit's display brightness, contrast, color, tint, sharpness, and black level to suit your viewing needs during video playback.
Front Panel Controls with Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "User" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31).
Note: The Kenwood logo remains red, regardless of variable color illumination setting.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to the rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the other displays and menus.
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim this unit's display and button illumination automatically when the vehicle light switch is turned On when you connect orange/white Illumination wire of this player's harness. You can also manually dim the unit's display and button illumination.
Security Indicator: The Security Indicator feature helps to protect the Kenwood DDX719 against theft. Turning this function "On" allows the security indicator light (red) on the front-panel of the head unit to flash when your vehicle's ignition is off.
2-DIN Chassis: The DDX719 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve.
Note: As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
USB Bluetooth Adapter: The Kenwood DDX719 comes supplied with a USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1) which is pre-installed into the head unit's hidden front-panel USB input, making the DDX719 Bluetooth 2.0 certified. The unit's hidden front-panel USB port is located behind the detachable touchscreen monitor. The DDX719 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming.
Note: The USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1) must remain plugged into the front-panel USB port. The front-panel USB port cannot be used for playback of USB memory devices.
Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth is a two-way wireless communication system allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, as well as wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth enabled portable music player using the Kenwood in-dash multimedia receiver. Bluetooth wireless technology operates on a 2.4GHZ frequency band within a range of approximately 10 meters (about 33 feet).
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or digital audio player must be paired with DDX719 before hands-free & wireless operation. You can register up to five Bluetooth enabled devices with the Kenwood head unit. You can keep two phones connected at all times (only one can be used during a call).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DDX719. See Kenwood's Bluetooth Compatibility List for the latest mobile device compatibility.
External Microphone: The Kenwood DDX719 includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the level of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.485" (depth).
Note: This unit does not offer an integrated front-panel microphone.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The touchscreen controls of the DDX719 can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also features an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (front or all). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call within 5 seconds.
- Dialing a Number: Using the DDX719, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the DDX719, so you can then dial by using the downloaded phone book numbers. Up to 5,000 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. You can do an alphabetical search (A-Z) to find your desired contact.
- Call Log: The Call Log is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the parking brake.
SMS: If your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone is compatible with SMS (Short Message Service), the Kenwood head unit will notify you when a message has been received. You must then use your phone to check the message.
Note: You cannot read, edit, or send a message through this unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Kenwood DDX719 also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The DDX719 will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, and Fast Forward/Rewind. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Song and Album title. The DDX719 also supports audio streaming of music apps (such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker) , but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view and control streaming music apps.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Compatible Discs: The Kenwood DDX719 supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R/RW, DTS-CD, and VCD discs.
Note: The touchscreen monitor electronically slides down for loading and ejecting discs.
Dolby Digital/DTS: The DDX719 supports playback of Dolby Digital and DTS 2.0 DVD discs and will convert multi-channel Dolby Digital sources to 2-channel.
AAC/MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play AAC (16-320 kbps), MP3 (32-320 kbps) and WMA (32-320 kbps) files recorded on CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/W discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats. The head unit can recognize a total of 5,000 files and 250 folders per disc (a maximum of 999 filers per folder). During AAC/MP3/WMA playback, the unit displays song, artist, and album information (up to 50 characters). The unit supports ID3 Tag version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4.
JPEG/MPEG Playback: This unit can play back JPEG (32 x 32 to 8192 x 7680) still image files recorded onto DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, and CD-R/W discs. The unit also supports video playback of MPEG1 & MPEG2 (NTSC) video files recorded onto DVD-R/W and DVD+R/W discs.
Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a disc.
Playback Screen: During DVD playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 4 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the top center of the screen activates the DVD disc menu control buttons, while pressing the bottom center activates the source control screen.
Zoom: The DDX719 features a 3 level zoom when playing back video and still images.
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Rear-Panel USB Port: The Kenwood DDX719 features a rear-panel Full-Speed 2.0 USB (type-A) port attached to the unit's rear chassis by a 39" cable. The rear-panel USB port enabled playback of MP3 (32-320 kbps), WMA (32-320 kbps), and AAC (16-320 kbps) audio files; as well as JPEG (32 x 32 to 8192 x 7680) still-picture files stored on a USB Mass Storage Class device. The DDX719 also supports video playback of MPEG1/MPEG2 video files from a connected portable USB MSC device. The USB port is compatible with all USB mass storage class devices formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 file system. The head unit can recognize a total of 5,000 files and 250 folders per USB device (a maximum of 999 filers per folder). The unit will display any recorded song, artist, and album information stored on your connected USB device (up to 50 characters). Your USB device's rechargeable battery will be recharged while it is connected to the USB port (max. 1A) of the DDX719 and the unit is turned on.
Note: You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to the head unit's rear-panel USB port. There is also a front-panel USB port hidden behind the unit's detachable touchscreen monitor. This USB port is used only for the pre-installed USB Bluetooth adapter. It cannot be used to connect a USB memory device.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The Kenwood DDX719 supports audio/video playback from select Apple iPods and iPhones.
- Audio/Video Playback: The Kenwood DDX719's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and rear-panel 3.5mm A/V AUX input allow you to connect your Apple iPod/iPhone using the KCA-iP202 iPod cable (113KCIP202, sold separately). The unit's USB port handles the control, metadata display, and charging of your iPod/iPhone. You can navigate through your music and video files using the head unit's touchscreen controls and view song and movie info on its display, while your iPod/iPhone charges. The 3.5mm AV input handles audio and video transfer from your iPod/iPhone to the Kenwood DDX719. By using the Auxiliary input, the music travels to the receiver as an analog signal, so you can even play the Digital-Rights-Protected files you've stored on your iPod/iPhone. The unit's rear-panel AV input must be set to "iPod" in order to playback audio/video from your connected iPod/iPhone. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park.
- Audio Only Playback: If you only want to playback audio from your iPod or iPhone, you can simply connect it to the DDX719's USB port using either the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPod/iPhone or Kenwood's iPod Direct Connect Cable (113KCIP102, sold separately). This 1-wire USB connection bypasses the iPod/iPhone's DAC and sound quality is maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 99dB. The unit's rear-panel AV input must be set to "AV-IN2" in order to use the 1-wire USB connection. You will not be able to play Digital-Rights-Protected files.
Note: If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. These Apple devices only support audio playback (no video output).
iPod Control: You can choose to control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit, from the iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen, or from select apps streamed to your iPhone.
- Head Unit Control Mode: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, Podcast, or Audiobook. Your iPod's video library can be searched by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, Rented Movie, or iTunesU. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function. The head unit also supports Repeat (track) & Random (album) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone.
- iPod/App Control Mode: The iPod/App control mode allows you to control stored audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat. The iPod/App mode also lets you listen to your favorite music apps, such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker streamed to your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Kenwood head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You can even watch video on the Kenwood DVD receiver's touchscreen from streaming movie apps, such as Netflix & YouTube, downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+), via the Kenwood KCA-iP202 iPod cable (sold separately). The App Mode's video functions can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include - Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod/iPhone Display: The Kenwood DDX719 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod or iPhone from the Kenwood multimedia head unit. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label. The unit will also display Album Art. If you choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone in iPod/App Control Mode, the DDX719 will not display your iPod/iPhone's music information (the head unit will instead display 'iPhone App and iPod Control Mode + Parking Off').
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Pandora App: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The free Pandora app lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood DDX719 using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Kenwood KCA-iP202 iPod cable (sold separately), or the USB/Dock cable supplied with your iPhone. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 3.0 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The DDX719 will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information (including Album Art).
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the iPhone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
Garmin App: In addition, with the Kenwood KCA-iP202 iPod cable (sold separately) you can view navigation maps and get audible/visual directions on the Kenwood DVD receiver's touchscreen, from the Garmin StreetPilot Onboard USA app ($49.99), when downloaded onto your connected iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+). The Garmin StreetPilot Onboard USA app contains NAVTEQ map data for the United States (lower 49 states); with over a million POIs, turn-by turn directions, lane assist with junction view, traffic updates, and speed limit alerts. And because the map data is downloaded onto your iPhone and does not live on the network, wireless coverage is not required to navigate. Once you have selected your destination on your connected iPhone, your map route will be visible on the DDX719's touchscreen (even with parking brake disengaged) and turn-by-turn directions can be heard through your car stereo speakers. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to control the Garmin StreetPilot USA app. The screen of your iPhone and the screen of the Kenwood DDX719 will not be identical.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood DDX719 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/26/2012):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Pandora App||Garmin App||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Music Control for Android Smartphone: The Kenwood Music Control app for Android organizes your Android smartphone's music, while providing quick and easy search capability from the Kenwood DVD receiver. The free Kenwood Music Control App for Android can be downloaded onto your Android smartphone from the Android Market place. Your Android smartphone must be running Android OS 2.2 or later. Once the app is downloaded and has a chance to organize all the stored music on your Android smartphone, you can connect your Android smartphone to the Kenwood DVD receiver via USB (your compatible Android smartphone must be recognized as a USB mass storage class device; not compatible with MTP protocol). The Kenwood Music Control app offers the following Android supported functions.
- Song Management: Music stored in your Android smartphone can be navigated from the Kenwood DVD receiver. Songs can be easily selected by searching for a Song title, Artist name, Album label, or Genre.
- Song Information Display: Song information such as Artist name, Song title, and Album label are displayed on the connected Kenwood DVD receiver.
- Mood Playlist: Playlists can be created by classifying songs into categories by type of mood. Songs are analyzed and classified into the following categories of moods - High Energy (Active/Powerful/Core), Acoustic (Detailed/Simple/Smooth/Easy), Standard (Dynamic/Rockin/Vivid), Stylistic (Cool/Urban/Trance)
- Intro Skip: This function allows you to choose and listen to only the hook-lines of songs stored in your Android smartphone.
Note: When the Kenwood Music Control app is first downloaded it will require some time to populate all the music, so we suggest doing this overnight.
Music Files Format Supported by Music Control app for Android:
|Codec||Extension||Bit Rate||Sampling Frequency|
|AAC||.aac, m4a||up to 160 kbps||8-48 kHz|
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from Kenwood's support site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. Latest firmware updates are available at Kenwood's 2012 Multimedia Receiver Firmware Updater.
Note: The tested head unit contained firmware/software version 1.03.00.
AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood DDX719 features a built-in AM/FM tuner. You can choose one of three tuning modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual.
Radio Data System (RDS): The unit's tuner features RDS (Radio Data System). RDS is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency. RDS features an emergency transmission function which interrupts regular programming to broadcast an emergency announcement (such as a tornado or severe storm). There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast, even when you're not listening to the radio.
Auto Memory Tuning: Not only does the DVD receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
Mono Mode: This feature reduces the noise (static) when a stereo broadcast is received as monaural (for FM band only).
SiriusXM Ready: The Kenwood DDX719 comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 24 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live content
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). If you already have a Sirius Satellite Radio subscription, this radio cannot be added as a discounted second unit. If you have an existing XM Satellite Radio subscription, you can add this unit as a discounted second unit.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood DDX719 utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior CD sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DDX719 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DDX719 are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/4V Preamp Outputs: The DDX719 features front, rear and subwoofer 4.0-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs are fixed to the rear chassis of the head unit.
Front & Rear High-Pass Filter: The DDX719 features an independent High-Pass Crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from 'Through' (off), 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 Hz. The "Through" selection is a full-range setting. This feature is very helpful when you have smaller-type speakers in the front and larger-type speakers installed in the rear of the vehicle.
Subwoofer Controls: The Kenwood DDX719 offers the following subwoofer controls, when you have the unit's subwoofer preamp output activated.
- Low Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the preamp-output, when the output is set to Subwoofer. You can select from 50, 60, 80, Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, or 'Through' (off).
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (-50 to +10) from the DVD receiver.
Speaker Type Setting: This feature tailors the DDX719 according to the type of front speakers in your vehicle. You may select Standard (for speakers with a general diameter), Narrow (for speakers with a small diameter), Middle (for speakers with a medium diameter), or Wide (for speakers with a large diameter).
Preset EQ: Eight EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. Each preset has its own level settings for bass (100Hz), midrange (1kHz), and treble (12.5kHz). You can choose from the following preset EQ curves - Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Flat, and User.
EQ Pro: The DDX719 features independent Bass, Treble, and Midrange control when the Preset EQ is in User mode. EQ Pro allows you to adjust the following settings for the Bass, Treble and Mid frequency levels.
|Center Frequency||Q-Factor||Bass Extension||Level|
|Bass||40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, or 150 Hz||1.00, 1.25, 1.50, or 2.00||On/Off||-8 to +8|
|Midrange||0.5k, 1.0k, 1.5k, or 2.0k Hz||1.00 or 2.00||N/A|
|Treble||10.0k, 12.5k, 15.0k, or 17.5k Hz||N/A||N/A|
Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes. There are 3 levels (LV1, LV2, or Off).
Source Tone Memory: This feature allows you to store System Q bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (Disc, AM/FM, AV-IN1/2, USB, iPod, Bluetooth Audio, and Pandora).
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0 (-8 to +8 for Aux source).
Tel Mute: The DDX719 features a cell-phone mute wire (tan) in its harness that when hooked up to your car's phone system mute wire will automatically mute the receiver's audio signal when a call comes in.
Key Beep: The in-dash multimedia head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Dual AV Inputs: The unit features two rear-panel AV inputs for connecting external A/V sources. The unit is equipped with a 3.5mm AV input and a composite/stereo RCA AV input. You can label each AV Input.
- AV1 Input Label: Video1, DVD, VCD, VCR, Game, Aux, TV, or Navigation.
- AV2 Input Label: iPod, Video2, DVD, VCD, VCR, Game, Aux, TV, or Navigation.
A/V Output: The unit features a rear-panel composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output A/V signals to an optional monitor and headphone system in the rear of your vehicle. You can select between a 16:9, 4:3 LB, or 4:3 PS Aspect Ratio for the unit's video output to match your connected monitor. The audio/video source which you can output to a separate monitor and headphone system depends on the current source that is being played back on the Kenwood DVD receiver.
|DVD Receiver Source||A/V Output Source|
|DVD||DVD, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
|Tuner/SiriusXM (optional tuner required)||DVD, USB, iPod, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
|USB||USB, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
|iPod||iPod, AV-IN1, or Off|
|Pandora||AV-IN1, or Off|
|Bluetooth Audio||DVD, USB, iPod, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
|AV-IN1/AV-IN2||DVD, USB, iPod, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
Note: The volume of the A/V output will be controlled by your rear entertainment system.
Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-220 (113CMOS220, sold separately). The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (in 22-pin harness) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.5 seconds. You can manually set the touchscreen to display both the navigation map and back-up camera at the same time, when backing up. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Optional Remote Control: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood multimedia head unit. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of your compatible Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Warranty Note: This refurbished Kenwood product carries a 90-day warranty when purchased from Crutchfield. Kenwood offers Crutchfield customers an extra 60 days extended warranty beyond the 30-day Kenwood Limited Warranty for Refurbished Product that comes in the box.