About the Kenwood KMR-M325BT
App control in an outdoor-ready receiver
App control in an outdoor-ready receiver
Kenwood's KMR-M325BT marine digital media receiver lets you access the music on your Apple® or Android™ smartphone, iPod®, or other portable device when you head out onto the water. You can use your phone to control playlists and sound settings using Kenwood's Remote App, and you can also enjoy your favorite Pandora, Spotify, or iHeart Radio playlists. This outdoor-ready receiver's compact chassis fits into tight spaces, so it's ideal for small boats and other outdoor-oriented vehicles.
Works with Apple smartphones
The KMR-M325BT works with all the latest gear, so you can keep the music going all season long. Got an iPod® or iPhone®? You can plug your player into the front-panel USB input to access your playlists. Dedicated "search" and "return" buttons, plus handy tools like AppMode, Alphabet, Percentage Skip, and Related Search, help you find your music fast. With a compatible iPhone, you can also enjoy the convenience of Siri® Eyes Free control.
Also compatible with Android
If you store your music on an Android device, you can connect and control your phone using the front USB port or the receiver's built-in Bluetooth® with aptX. You'll be able to run the apps you like, enjoy superior sound, and take advantage of a variety of search and playback features. Hands-free calling is another Bluetooth benefit that's sure to please any captain.
Play lots of music in lots of ways
You don't have to rely on your phone for entertainment, however. You can liven up your cruise by plugging in a thumb drive or jacking another device into the front-panel aux input. The KMR-M325BT can play MP3, WMA, WAV, and even lossless FLAC files, so you'll be able to enjoy your entire music library. The anti-glare 1.5-line variable-color LCD display makes it easy to see song titles and channel information, even when you're blasting through choppy water.
The center of your new system
You can connect up to three optional Kenwood marine remotes to control the KMR-M325BT from anywhere on your boat. And, if you're a satellite radio fan, add a SiriusXM tuner (subscription required) to enjoy all your favorite music, sports, and talk, even when you're many miles offshore. This Kenwood includes three sets of preamp outputs, so you'll be in good shape when you decide to add marine amplifiers to your system.
Made for marine use
Kenwood built this receiver to handle the rugged conditions of the marine environment. It features a conformal coating that keeps moisture out of the internal circuitry, plus special double covers for the USB and aux inputs on the front panel. The compact 4" deep chassis also makes it a great choice for ATVs, side-by-sides, golf carts, and other applications where a CD receiver really isn't an option.
Installation note: This marine radio is water-resistant, but we recommend mounting it in a water-resistant enclosure or using a cover for best performance.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- built-in Bluetooth with aptX
- variable-color illumination
- plays MP3, WAV, WMA, and FLAC music files
- control your music with Kenwood's remote app
- anti-glare 1.5 line LCD display
- conformal-coated PCB circuit board
- covered USB and AUX inputs
- enjoy music from Pandora and Spotify
- Android rapid-charge for your smartphone
- connect two phones at once
- iPod/iPhone direct connection with optional cable
- Android Open Accessory protocol works with cables or Bluetooth
- Drive EQ improves sound to compensate for exterior noise
- Sound Reconstruction restores fullness to compressed digital files
- 13-band EQ
- low-pass filter and sub level control
- Speaker Setting function for different sizes and types of speakers
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (sold separately)
- inputs: front USB and AUX inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- removable theft-deterrent faceplate
- choose English- or Spanish-language display
- rear-wired Bluetooth microphone included
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KMR-M325BT
What's in the box:
- Refurbished marine digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- 4 Countersunk ISO-screws
- 4 Pan-head ISO-screws
- Pan-head screw (w/ lock-/flat-washer)
- 2 Removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Quick Start Gude
- Warranty Card
Kenwood KMR-M325BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KMR-M325BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||90 Days|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
|FM Sensitivity||8.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,WAV,FLAC|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (96kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Conformal Coated: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT digital media receiver has a special water-resistant conformal coating placed on its main circuit board to protect its circuitry from the harsh, corrosive marine or motorsports environments. Even though the conformal coating makes the receiver water-resistant, it is still recommended that it be used with a universal marine cover (see accessory list).
Note: Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct sunlight or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoid places with too much dust or the possibility of water splashing.
Auto Power Off: The digital media receiver will automatically power off after 20 minutes when in standby mode.
Optional Marine Remotes: The KMR-M325BT is compatible with Kenwood's marine wired remote controls (sold separately).
- Marine Wired Remote: The Kenwood KCA-RC35MR wired marine remote control (sold separately) is designed to withstand the harsh marine environment. The Kenwood add-on wired remote features source selector, music search, and volume control buttons. The remote will need to be hardwired to the head unit's blue/yellow remote input wire. Up to 6 of these remotes can be connected and daisy-chained to the marine receiver.
- Marine Wired Remote w/ LCD: The Kenwood KCA-RC55MR marine wired remote control (sold separately) is also designed to withstand the harsh marine environment; meets IPX7 waterproof standards. This add-on marine wired remote features an LCD display which lets you view source information, so you can mount your compatible Kenwood marine head unit out of sight. The KCA-RC55MR wired remote control allows you to access all major functions of your compatible Kenwood marine receiver, as well as operate peripherals like iPod/iPhone, USB, or Satellite Radio. The KCA-RC55MR features an attached 39" cable terminated by a proprietary 8-pin connector which plugs into the Kenwood marine receiver's rear-panel proprietary remote input. Up to 3 of these remotes can be connected to the marine receiver (requires up to two Kenwood's CA-Y170MR Y-adapter cables (sold separately).
Note: You can use the KCA-RC35MR and KCA-RC55MR wired marine remote controls in combination with one another. Up to six KCA-RC35MR remotes and three KCA-RC55MR remotes (for a total of 9 wired remotes) can be used with one compatible Kenwood marine receiver.
Remote App (for iOS & Android): The Kenwood Remote App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) operates the Kenwood receiver like a wireless remote control from your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iOS device, or your Bluetooth connected Android device. The Kenwood Remote App provides traditional touchscreen control, as well as directional and freeform gesture control from your compatible mobile device.
- Source Selection: The Kenwood Remote App provides list of the receiver's built-in sources and connected sources (Aux, AM/FM, USB, Bluetooth); so you can select which source you want to listen to from the app on your mobile device.
- Playback Control: The application lets you control USB and Bluetooth audio playback. You have control of Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. From the app you can also select AM/FM bands, select preset stations, and seek AM/FM stations.
- Display Information: The app also displays source information such as station number, track number & playback time, as well as song/artist/album information (when applicable)
- Audio Settings: From the application on your mobile device, you can adjust the receiver's volume up or down. In addition, audio settings such as EQ, Crossover, DTA, and other audio adjustments can be easily set using the Kenwood Remote application.
- You will need to indicate within the head unit's menu what type of device (Apple iOS or Android) you'll be using the Kenwood Remote App on before the application will connect and function with the receiver.
- When using the Kenwood Remote App with your compatible Apple iOS device, the application and device must be connected to the receiver via Bluetooth (not USB) for playback of Bluetooth audio. For playback of a USB-direct connection from an Apple iOS device, the device and application must be connected to the head unit via USB (not Bluetooth).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Bluetooth 3.0: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (ver. 3.0) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood KMR-M325BT. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
SSP & USB Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood KMR-M325BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. You can even pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5+) by simply connecting it to the Kenwood head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
- Dual Phone Connection: Thanks to the Dual Phone Connection feature, two Bluetooth-enabled phones can remain connected to the Kenwood receiver. This means you can an answer an incoming call from either phone from the head unit. Also, both of your phone's contact lists are downloaded to the receiver. To make a call from one of the phones using the Kenwood receiver, you simply have to select Phone 1 or Phone 2 on the head unit's front-panel.
- Music Mix: The new Music Mix feature allows five Bluetooth audio source devices to be connected to the Kenwood receiver at one time, so you can switch between Bluetooth playback sources a lot easier and quicker. While "BT Audio" source is selected on the head unit, you can simply press the music playback button on your connected Bluetooth source devices to switch between devices and begin music playback. However, you cannot stream audio from two different Bluetooth audio source devices at the same time or combine music libraries or playlists from two different connected devices.
Note: You can pair up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Kenwood head unit. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The controls of the KMR-M325BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's front-panel controls, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately or after 1-30 seconds. The KMR-M325BT also supports the Call Waiting function, so you can answer another incoming call while suspending the current call you are on. Your compatible cell-phone must also support this feature.
- Dialing a Number: Using the KMR-M325BT, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Enter Phone #: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's control knob or remote control.
- Preset Dial: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's front-panel controls.
- Phone Book: You can download phone book data from your mobile phone to the KMR-M325BT. You can then dial a contact within the phonebook from the head unit's front-panel controls. Contacts are categorized as Home, Office, Mobile, Other, or General.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls.
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
- External Mic: The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level, noise cancellation, and echo cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Kenwood KMR-M325BT for playback.
- AAC & aptX Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the KMR-M325BT offers support for AAC and aptX codecs for higher quality audio streaming from select Apple & Android devices. By supporting AAC, the KMR-M325BT offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad. aptX audio coding technology provides even better sound quality with lossless, CD-quality streaming for compatible aptX-compatible smartphones, like many Android smartphones with OS 4.0+.
- Advanced Music Browsing: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the KMR-M325BT lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. Advanced music browsing is supported by Android 4.0+ smartphones and Apple iPhones 5.0+ (specific advanced functions vary by phone).
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Kenwood KMR-M325BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's Answer Button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the KMR-M325BT and its microphone. You even can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Kenwood KMR-M325BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
- Hand Mode: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), which lets you connect your Android (OS 4.1-7.1.2) smartphone to the KMR-M325BT's front-panel USB port and listen to stored music and music apps from your Android device through the Kenwood head unit. You'll be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Other advanced music navigation will still be done from your Android smartphone's touchscreen. In this mode, the head unit will not display song/artist information; only "Hand Mode" will show up on display. You'll continue to view song/artist information from the Android device's touchscreen. You'll also still be able to access other functions and applications from your Android smartphone's touchscreen, while listening to music through the head unit. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
- Browse Mode (via Kenwood Music Play App): Downloading the Kenwood Music Play app onto your Android (OS 4.1-7.1.2) smartphone with AOA 2.0 support not only allows you to listen to stored music from your Android device through the Kenwood digital media receiver connected via USB, but it also lets you browse your Android smartphone's music library from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can browse your store music library by Playlist, Artist, Song, Album, or Genre. The contents of a Playlist or Category can be searched alphabetically or numerically; you can even skip through the stored music files in specific increments (0.5/1/5/10%). You can also control Play/Pause and Previous/Next track from the head unit. In addition, the head unit will display song/artist information. You can exit the Kenwood Music Play app to access other functions and applications of your Android smartphone, while your stored music library is still playing through your head unit. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
Note: Some Android devices may not support Android Open Accessory (AOA) 2.0. Kenwood does not guarantee operation with all Android devices.
iPhone Direct Connection: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning Apple device or 30-pin iPhone 4S to the head unit. The USB connection allows for playback of stored music and music apps on your iPod or iPhone through Kenwood receiver. If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use Kenwood's Lightning connector-to-USB cable (113KCIP103 sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KMR-M325BT. If you have an iPhone 4S with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device or a 3rd party "Made for iPod/iPhone" certified dock-to-USB cable (sold separately) to connect your iPhone 4S to the KMR-M325BT.
- Head Unit Control: From the head unit's front-panel controls you can search for stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, and Composer. The contents of a Playlist or Category can be searched alphabetically or numerically; you can even skip through the stored music files in specific increments (0.5/1/5/10%). The KMR-M325BT also supports Repeat (file/all) and Random (album/all) playback functions of stored music on your iPod/iPhone. In addition, you'll be able to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from stored music and select music apps streamed to your iPhone. You can also choose to control your compatible Apple iPhone or touch from its own touchscreen, instead of the head unit.
- Song/Artist Info Display: The KMR-M325BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album title.
Smartphone Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1.5A of current to power and charge your connected Apple iPod/iPhone or Android smartphone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 11/30/2018):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Music Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Remote App||Pandora||Spotify||iHeart||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Internet Radio Apps: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT allows you to access Pandora, Spotify, and iHeartRadio online music services through your USB-connected or Bluetooth-connected iPhone, or Bluetooth-connected Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the KMR-M325BT via the Kenwood KCA-iP103 cable (sold separately), the cable supplied with your iPhone, or through Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Kenwood KMR-M325BT. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- Pandora App: The free Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android 4.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood KMR-M325BT using your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. The Kenwood KMR-M325BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically. New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down, as well as bookmark song information. An active Pandora account is required.
- Spotify: The KMR-M325BT has the ability to playback & control content from the Spotify music app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) on your USB or Bluetooth connected iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. You can play, pause and skip tracks, browse playlists, albums and radio stations through the Kenwood receiver's front-panel controls. You can even create your stations by entering a track, artist, or playlist. You also get song/artist information on the unit's LCD touchscreen. If you are a Spotify Premium user (requires a monthly paid subscription), you can enjoy ad-free, high quality music even when there is no internet connection.
- iHeartAuto: The free iHeartAuto app for Kenwood (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Kenwood KMR-M325BT using your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The KMR-M325BT will provide control over the iHeartRadio Auto app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically. You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: The Channel list displays a list of all available channels. You can also search and list channels in specific categories.
- Song/Artist Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- SmartFavorite Presets: Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite
Radio station presets can be saved. These 18 SiriusXM presets are
automatically identified as SmartFavorites for advanced features such as
Replay, TuneStart & TuneScan (see below).
- Replay: When you select a SmartFavorite preset you can rewind and replay up to 30 minutes of any of the missed news, talk, sports or music content.
- TuneStart: With the TuneStart enabled, playback will automatically start from the beginning of a song when you tune to a SmartFavorite preset channel.
- TuneScan: TuneScan gives you a short preview of the songs that you have missed on each of your Smart Favorite Preset music channels or currently tuned music channel.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with RDS. You can choose one of four tuning methods: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual.
- Presets: The KMR-M325BT's tuner features 3 FM banks (1,
2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. Not only does the digital media receiver's
tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have
the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks
automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling. The Kenwood
KMR-M325BT offers two preset modes.
- Normal: You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24).
- Mix: A total of 6 preset stations can be assigned to the head unit's 6 preset buttons, regardless of AM/FM band. This lets you recall a preset station without switching between bands.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
USB Mass Storage Devices: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT features a front-panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-out cover. The USB port enables connection of USB mass storage class (MSC) devices like USB thumbdrives, USB card readers, or portable digital audio players. You can insert a compatible USB MSC device into the head unit's USB port for playback, control, and song/artist display of a variety of music files.
- Drive Change: The Drive Change feature lets you switch between multiple memory cards (up to 4) in a USB multi-card reader. When a mass storage class (MSC) compatible portable digital audio player is connected to the head unit's USB input, the unit's Drive Change features lets you select between the device's internal memory or external memory (such as a microSD card) for stored music playback.
- USB Charging: USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (max. 1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: Not compatible with USB hubs.
Compatible Music Files: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT supports the following types of music files loaded onto USB mass storage class devices.
|Media Type||USB (MSC)|
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||
MP3: bit rate of 8-320kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
WAV: bit depth of 16-bit w/ sampling frequency of 44.1kHz
FLAC: bit depth of 24-bit w/ sampling frequency of 96kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||999 folders/20,480 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||ID3 tag (version 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tag, AAC tag, FLAC tag, WAV tag|
Playback & Search Functions: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT offers a variety of playback and search functions to help you find and enjoy your music on a USB device.
- Music Search: The Kenwood digital media receiver features a Music Search feature which allows you to scroll through and select your music folders and files.
- Repeat & Random: You can repeat the playback of a music file or folder on a USB device. You can also randomly play back all files within a folder of a USB device.
- Last Position Memory: If the unit is shut off or switched to the tuner mode while a USB is playing, the next time USB is selected as the source, playback will resume from the point where it left off.
Aux In: The unit is equipped with a front panel 3.5mm minijack auxiliary input that can be used to input audio from a portable audio source, such as a portable MP3 player. The Aux input must be turned on to function.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KMR-M325BT are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6Ch/4V Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The KMR-M325BT is fitted with front, rear and subwoofer 4 volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and features independent level control (-50 to +10).
Vehicle Settings: In order to optimize the sound quality in your vehicle, you can indentify the type of vehicle you have, select speaker sizes & locations, as well as configure listening distances.
- Car Type: Select your car type to automatically set the delay time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Wagon, Mini Van, SUV, or Off
- Speaker Size: You can select which size speakers are in your vehicle - Tweeter (Small, Medium, Large, or None), Front & Rear (3.5", 4", 4.75", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", 7x10" or None), and Sub (6.5", 8", 10", 12", 15" or Over, None).
- Rear Speaker Location: You can indicate the location of your vehicle's Rear speakers. Choose from Door, Rear Deck, 2nd Row, or 3rd Row.
- DTA (Digital Time Alignment): For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-20') for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
High Pass & Low Pass Crossovers: You are able to select independent high pass crossovers for your tweeters, front speakers, and rear speakers; as well as a low pass crossover for the head unit's sub output.
- Tweeter: Set high pass filter (HPF) for tweeters.
- Frequency: 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Front & Rear: Independently set high pass filter (HPF)
for front & rear speakers.
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Sub: Set low pass filter (LPF) for the sub output.
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
Equalizer: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT offers 8 EQ Presets for east adjustment, a 13-band EQ for customized tuning, a Drive EQ mode to overcome road noise, and a Stage EQ for better imaging. Separate EQ settings and EQ presets can be stored for each source or you can apply one EQ preset or curve to all sources.
- Preset EQ: The integrated equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Drive EQ, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice.
- 13-Band EQ: The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 13-band EQ (62.5Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 630Hz, 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 6.3kHz, 10kHz, & 16kHz). Each frequency's gain level can be adjusted from -9dB to +9 dB, while the Q-factor can be adjusted to 1.35, 1.5, or 2.0
- Drive EQ: The Drive EQ mode helps you hear your music over road noise. It boosts certain frequency ranges that become hard to hear due to road noise.
- Stage EQ: Stage EQ virtually lifts the sound up to ear-level for better imaging inside your vehicle.
Audio Settings: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT offers a variety of audio settings to further enhance your music listening experience.
- Sound Reconstruction: When MP3, WMA, AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Sound Reconstruction function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When Sound Reconstruction is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
- Space Enhancer & Sound Realizer: The Spacer Enhancer widens the soundstage inside your vehicle, while the Sound Realizer makes your music sound more realistic.
- Loudness, Bass Boost & Bass Extension: The Loudness feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. The unit's Bass Boost enhances low bass frequencies at any volume level. There is also a Bass Extension feature which further enhances the unit's bass output at extremely low frequencies.
- Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -15 to +6.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT features a detachable face-plate to deter theft. There is no protective face case included. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
1.5 Line Display: The KMR-M325BT is equipped with a 13-digit, 1.5-line LCD screen which allows you to view source information along with the clock (the time will be in a smaller text). You can select between English or Spanish text.
Variable Color Illumination: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT features variable color display and button illumination. You can choose from one of 24 preset colors, have the unit scan through all 24 preset colors continuously, or customize your own color (RGB; 0-9). The custom setting allows you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue (from 0-9) to better match your vehicle's interior lights. The same color setting is applied to both the display and buttons, or you can choose a different color for Zone 1 and Zone 2 (see owner's manual illustration). The Kenwood logo remains red.
Text Scroll: The KMR-M325BT will display song/artist information text from USB, Bluetooth, iPod, and Android. You can set the text scrolling feature to three different modes (Auto, Once, or Off) to scroll longer titles across the screen.
Brightness & Dimmer: You can adjust the brightness of the LCD and button illumination independently or together (from 0-31). You can also dim (on or off) the display and button illumination. You can even set a specific time for the "Off" and "On" dimmer setting to be activated.
12Hr/24Hr Clock: The head unit can be set to display a 12hr or 24hr clock. The unit also displays the day (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, or Sat). The day and time can be displayed by itself, or the time (not day) can be displayed along with source information. The day & time can be selected to remain on, even if the head unit is switched off (as long as the vehicle's key is in the "accessory" or "on" position).
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On or Off within the menu.