About the Kenwood Excelon XR600-1
Super-slim profile, big-time power
Super-slim profile, big-time power
Kenwood's Excelon XR600-1 mono subwoofer amplifier adds power and punch to your car's subwoofer system, as it powers your sub with up to 600 watts RMS. The XR600-1 can fit in many different places in your car because of its incredibly low profile — it's under 1-1/2" tall. Amazing.
Designed for optimum efficiency
Kenwood packed this amp with space-saving features. Class D technology reduces the size of the power supply, while the internal heatsink is tilted to reduce height without compromising the amp's cooling system. Recessed power and speaker wire terminals help to further reduce the amp's footprint, protect the connections, and give your installation a neat, professional look.
Controls for the best bass
This no-nonsense amplifier features a low-pass filter that sends the correct frequencies to your sub so it'll play efficiently and sound its best. The amp also includes an adjustable bass boost that adds some low-end punch when you want it.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB/octave)
- adjustable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- Class-D amplifier design
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- preamp inputs and outputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-11/16"W x 1-7/16"H x 8"D
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XR-600-1
What's in the box:
- Refurbished mono subwoofer amplifier
- Three 30-amp mini blade fuses (installed)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty card
Kenwood Excelon XR600-1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood Excelon XR600-1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
400 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||78 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||90 Days|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N), and over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz, when applicable (20-200 Hz for this subwoofer amp). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. Using CEA-2006 criteria, the Kenwood XR600-1 is rated at 400 Watts RMS x 1 channel with a 78 dBA signal to noise ratio.
Specifications: The manual also lists these non CEA-2006 compliant specifications:
- Power: 600 watts x 1-channel (into 2Ω at 100 Hz, with no more than 1% THD, 14.4 volts)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB (at rated power)
Mono-Power Amp Design: The Kenwood XR600-1 is designed with specific features to power your subwoofers with a frequency range between 20 and 200 Hz. This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
Class D Amplifier Design: The amplifier design is Class D, which uses digital switching power supplies. The result is much higher efficiency (less heat generated) than Class AB.
Low-Pass Filter: The XR600-1 has a built-in 24 dB/octave low-pass filter, continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz. The crossover is always engaged (it cannot be bypassed).
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit is centered at 40 Hz; boost is variable from 0 to +18 dB.
Aluminum Heat Sink: The aluminum heat sink increases the amplifier's heat dissipation efficiency, increasing the life of the amplifier.
- Input Sensitivity: 200mV-5V
- Low-Pass Frequency: 50-200 Hz; continuously variable
- Bass Boost: 0-18 dB; continuously variable
Inputs and Outputs:
- Signal Input: one pair of RCA preamp inputs
- Preamp Output: one pair of pass-through RCA preamp outputs; used to easily connect a second amplifier to the same signal feeding the XR600-1's input
- Power: set screw terminal; accommodates bare wire up to 4-gauge
- Ground: set screw terminal; accommodates bare wire up to 4-gauge
- Remote Turn-on: set screw terminal; accommodates bare wire up to 10-gauge
- Speaker Output: two pair of set screw terminals; accommodate bare wire up to 10-gauge; the two outputs are internally wired in parallel, making it easy to connect two subwoofers
- Fuses: three 30 amp mini blade fuses
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked