About the Sonos® BU-250 Bundle
All the music you want. All over your house.
All the music you want. All over your house.
Tap into your music collection from anywhere in your home. The Sonos Multi-Room Music System lets you easily access the music stored on your PC, along with a wealth of tunes available from the Internet. This bundle includes two digital music players a Sonos ZonePlayer 90 and a ZonePlayer 120 plus one Sonos Controller CR200. Like all Sonos systems, it's a breeze to set up and use, and it offers breakthrough playback flexibility. Best of all, it delivers your music in crisp, clear detail.
Exceptionally easy multi-room music
Connect one of the compact ZonePlayers to your home network or computer, and place the other in a second room for wireless access to all your music. If you use the ZonePlayer 90 in your second room, connect it to a stereo, a pair of powered speakers, or a home theater system. The ZonePlayer 120 houses a built-in 55-watt stereo amplifier, so you won't need to connect it to a traditional audio system simply hook up a pair of speakers for smooth stereo sound.
Total control in the palm of your hand
Another main attraction of this system is the Sonos Controller, a remarkably user-friendly remote. Equipped with a 3-1/2" color LCD touchscreen, the Controller lets you easily navigate and search through the playlists and tracks stored on your computer or select an Internet radio station. You can even use this remote to create customized playlists on the fly for individual ZonePlayers, or for playback over your entire Sonos system. The Controller also gives you the ability to mute or adjust the volume of each of your ZonePlayers using dedicated hard buttons.
Control your system using an iPhone® or iPod® touch
You can also use an iPhone or iPod touch to control your Sonos system. A free download from the App Store at apple.com turns your player into a full-fledged Sonos controller. Use your player's touchscreen to control all zones and all music sources in your system.
Compatible with popular music services
The Sonos system works seamlessly with a host of Internet-based digital music services, including Rhapsody®, Pandora®, last.fm, Napster®, and SIRIUS Internet Radio. Rhapsody offers instant access to millions of songs and ad-free radio stations through your Sonos Controller. SIRIUS Internet Radio gives you access to over 80 channels of programming. Every Sonos system includes free 30-day trials of these two services, so you can start listening the moment you take it out of the box. Pandora and last.fm create customized Internet radio streams just for you all you have to do is enter the name of your favorite song or artist. And because Sonos connects directly to the Internet for all of these music services, you don't even have to turn on your PC.
Easy system expansion up to 32 rooms
System expansion is hassle-free. Just add more ZonePlayers anywhere you want to enjoy your music the Sonos system can accommodate up to 32. And you can listen to the same music through every player in your system perfect for parties or select a different playlist for each room, so that each family member can enjoy their favorite music at the same time.
Read our blog post about controlling a Sonos multi-room music system with the iPod® touch.
More information from Sonos:
- one ZonePlayer connects to your home network or computer via a wired Ethernet connection
- communicates with other ZonePlayers via proprietary Sonosnet 2.0 wireless technology, or wired Ethernet connections
- Sonosnet 2.0 features a greater wireless range than previous version
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, and Ogg Vorbis files (firmware is upgradable to support future audio formats)
- compatible with protected WMA files from Napster, Urge, AOL, and many other music download sites
- not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming Internet radio stations
- plays songs from Rhapsody digital music service subscription required after free 30-day trial
- plays songs from SIRIUS Internet Radio subscription required after free 30-day trial
- plays personalized Internet radio stations from Pandora and last.fm
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (each ZonePlayer plays individually selected music)
- allows connection of an audio component such as a CD player, FM tuner, or a portable music player (music from such sources can be played back on any ZonePlayer in your system)
- front-panel controls for volume and muting
- bass, treble, balance, and volume controls accessible via remote
- analog stereo input and output
- built-in stereo amplifier: 55 watts x 2 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD
- 4-port Ethernet switch
- binding-post speaker terminals
- subwoofer output
- 7-5/16"W x 3-1/2"H x 8-1/8"D
- 2-port Ethernet switch
- coaxial and optical digital audio outputs
- 5-7/16"W x 2-15/16"H x 5-1/2"D
Sonos Controller CR200:
- controls volume and music selection for any ZonePlayer in your house, from any room in your house
- touchscreen display provides easy browsing and searching of your digital music library by artist, album, genre, track name, composer, or playlist
- lets you build, play, and save music playlists for each room or group of rooms in your Sonos system
- 3-1/2" color LCD screen (640 x 480 resolution) displays control menus, song information and album art (if available)
- motion sensor enables auto turn-on whenever Controller is picked up
- buttons for easy operation of common functions, like volume and mute
- built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- charging cradle included
- 2-15/16"W x 4-1/2"H x 11/16"D
- accesses music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs, or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices
- control your Sonos system with your iPhone or iPod touch free download available from the App Store at apple.com
- software CD-ROM for easy system setup (Windows® and Mac)
- supported operating/file storage systems: Windows® XP SP2 or higher, Windows Vista, Mac OS X v10.3 or later, CIFS for NAS devices
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- broadband Internet connection and router recommended for firmware updates and Internet radio
- MFR # Bundle 250
What's in the box:
- ZP120 Zone Player
- ZP90 Zone Player
- CR200 Sonos Controller
- Rechargeable Li-ion polymer battery (installed)
- Charging cradle
- AC power supply with attached 6' DC cord (5V/2A)
- Two 6' AC power cords
- 5' Ethernet cable (with male RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- 6' Audio patch cable (with 3.5mm miniplug on one end and stereo RCA plugs on the other end)
- 3' Audio cable (stereo RCA plugs on each end)
- Sonos System Setup Software CD-ROM discs (version 090501)
- Product Guide
- Quick Setup Instructions
- Sonos Support Team contact sheet
Sonos® BU-250 Bundle reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sonos® BU-250 Bundle
Bundle Contents: The Sonos Digital Music System Bundle 150 includes a ZP120 amplified Zone Player, a ZP90 non-amplified Zone Player and a CR200 Controller. The system also includes the following cables - 5' Ethernet cable, 6' stereo RCA to 3.5mm audio cable and a 3' stereo RCA cable.
Overview: The Sonos Bundle 150 gives you everything you need to wirelessly play music in two rooms of your house. With SonosNet's superior wireless range, no room is out of reach. Simply connect the ZonePlayer 90 (ZP90) to your home theater or stereo and place the ZonePlayer 120 (ZP120) with built-in amplifier in any room where you want music. Then connect one of the ZonePlayers to your network for complete multi-room audio. To start playing music, use the supplied full-color wireless Controller (CR200) and simply pick a room, pick a song and hit play. With the Controller in hand you'll have instant access to your entire music collection, plus thousands of Internet radio stations, and the most popular online music services to play all over the house. When you want to play more music in more rooms, just add ZonePlayers and Controllers (sold separately).
SonosNet 2.0: Sonos brings great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project. SonosNet 2.0, Sonos' latest wireless mesh network technology, provides double the wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Which means the music gets to all the right rooms at exactly the right time.
Music Compatibility: Sonos liberates the music on your computer and the Internet so you can play it all over your house. You can find and play songs from your personal collection of music stored on your computer, plus thousands of free Internet radio stations from the supplied controller. Sonos works seamlessly with the most popular music services so you can stream millions of songs and stations from the Internet to the rooms of your choice. You can even connect ZonePlayers to your favorite audio source such as an iPod or CD player through an auxiliary input and listen throughout your home. The Sonos Bundle 150 supports the following music sources and types.
- Audio Formats: Support for compressed MP3, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates. Apple "Fairplay" and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported.
- Music Services: Best Buy Digital Music Store, Napster, Pandora, Rhapsody 3.0+, SIRIUS Internet Radio, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks.
- Internet Radio: Streaming MP3, WMA audio.
- Album Art Supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF.
- Playlists Supported: Rhapsody, iTunes, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
Simple Installation: Setting up the Sonos Bundle 150 is easy. No technical or wiring expertise is required and no need to break through walls or re-wire your entire home. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started. One of the supplied ZonePlayers in the Sonos system must be connected to your router and all the rest will work wirelessly. You can add more ZonePlayers and Controllers without additional wire. You can add up to a total of 32 Zone Players and 32 Controllers to your system.
Automatic Updates: The entire Sonos system allows for free automatic software updates so you will always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Simply register the system and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. By simply pressing one button your system updates itself.
Zone Player Overview: The Sonos ZP120 Zone Player and ZP90 Zone Player work exclusively with the Sonos Digital Music System. The ZP120 contains a stereo amplifier to drive a pair of speakers. The ZP90 is non-amplified, so it will need to be connected to a separate receiver/amplifier or to a pair of powered speakers. In a multi-room sound system, the first Zone Player is connected to your home network, and each subsequent Zone Player can be wired or completely wireless (except for power and speaker wires).
Class D-Amplifier: The ZP120's built-in Class-D amplifier produces 55 watts RMS per channel (8 ohms, 20-20kHz, THD+N<0.02%). You can connect 4-ohm speakers rated to accept up to 150 watts or 8-ohm speakers rated up to 75 watts. The unit is equipped with two sets of spring-loaded binding posts.
Line Inputs/Outputs: The ZP120 and ZP90 contain the following line inputs and outputs.
- ZP120: The ZP120 has a pair of stereo RCA jacks available for connecting an external music source, such as a CD player or portable music player. The ZP120 also has a mono RCA line output with an automatic crossover for connecting to a dedicated subwoofer output for a powered sub. When adding a subwoofer, the ZP120 automatically adjusts the output to send the low frequencies to the subwoofer and the high frequencies to the speaker.
- ZP90: The ZP90 also has a pair of stereo RCA jacks available for connecting an external music source, and stereo RCA line outputs for connecting to a home receiver. Both coaxial and optical digital outputs can be found on the ZP90.
Ethernet Ports: A 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) on the rear-panel of each ZonePlayer allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet 2.0. Each ZonePlayer has a two-port Ethernet switch to bring standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or NAS drive.
Controls: The Zone Players only have a mute button and a volume control, both mounted on the front of the units. Between the buttons lies a Zone Player LED status indicator, which flashes when powering up or connecting to the Sonos Digital Music System, and lights solid when powered up and connected to the music system.
Dual Voltage: The ZP120 is capable of accepting 115/120 Volts AC or 230/240 Volts AC. The voltage switch is located on the rear panel next to the AC power input. The ZP90 can accept 100-240 Volts AC 50/60Hz, but has no voltage switch.
Zones: You can place a ZP120 or ZP90 Zone Player in each zone where you want to listen to music. The Sonos Digital Music System can accept up to 32 Zone Players and up to 32 CP100 Controllers. With multiple zones, you can play the same song in different rooms, or different songs in different rooms.
Placement: It is not necessary to place the Zone Player in a visible place in the home. Although the unit has mute and volume controls on the front, it can be fully controlled using a CR200 controller. Typically, the Zone Player is placed in the crawl space in a house, and used to drive in-wall or in-ceiling speakers.
Range: The transmitting range of the Zone Players' built-in wireless system is approximately 100 feet, depending upon your home's layout. Thick walls, microwave ovens, and the presence of other wireless devices can interfere with or block the wireless network signals of the Sonos Digital Music Signal. When interference occurs, you can relocate the Zone Player, change the wireless channel, or make a wired (Ethernet) connection.
Desktop Controller Software: The supplied setup disc contains the software for the Desktop Controller, which allows you to control the Sonos Digital Music System from your home computer. It includes easy-to-use wizards for setup and music sharing so the music folders on your hard drive can be shared across all Zone Players. You can also add Internet Radio stations and set preferences for online updates. Once the system is set up, all you need to do is choose your music, choose your zone and press Play. The Desktop Controller is compatible with Windows XP and Vista, as well as Mac OS X (version 10.4 and 10.5) operating systems.
Sound Settings: From your computer or CR200 controller, you can change the sound settings for each individual Zone Player in the system. Adjustable sound settings include volume, bass, treble, balance, and loudness.
Music Storage: Your digital music files can be stored on your computer, music server, a network-attached storage (NAS) box, or an external source like a CD player.
Controller Overview: The Sonos CR200 Controller works exclusively with the Sonos Multi-zone Digital Music System, and allows you to control all of your music and all of your zones wirelessly from the palm of your hand.
Sonosnet: The controller communicates with the nearest ZP90 or ZP120 Zone player through Sonosnet, a secure, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network, allowing you to extend the range of the controller to any room in your house, even outside. Because it communicates with the nearest Zone Player, rather than through one distant control point, the system avoids sources of wireless interference. The range of the Sonosnet is 50 to 100 feet, a range similar to that of an 802.11g wireless access point.
Rechargeable Battery: The CR200 is powered by a high-density rechargeable Lithium Ion polymer battery (1850mAh). Assuming typical usage, a fully charged battery will last from 2-5 days (depending on usage pattern and sleep timer settings).
Charging Cradle: The CR200 also comes with a charging cradle so you can easily charge the controller's battery when it is not in use. The charging cradle will recharge the battery in approximately 2 hours (full charge).
Touch Screen Display: The controller features a 3.5" (diagonally measured) full color LCD touch screen, with a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels, for viewing zone configurations, playlists, and menus, as well as full color album artwork. The LCD display offers touch screen technology with a rugged scratch-resistant glass face. The controller's transflective LCD screen is suitable for indoor and outdoor use, with adjustable backlighting.
Controls: The CR200 features the following controls:
- Volume Controls:
- Volume: Adjust the selected zone's volume up or down.
- Mute: Temporarily silence the music in a zone, or if held for 3 seconds, silences all Zone Players.
- Playback Controls:
- Skip Forward/Fast Forward
- Previous/Fast Reverse
- Zones: For selecting a zone to play music in, or view the music selections playing in each room. You can also create or modify zone groups to share the same music across zones.
- Music: For browsing or selecting music; You can select new music to play, manage music queues, access playlists, and change the default settings for a Zone Player or Controller.
- Back: For returning to the previous screen in the selected menu (zone or music)
- Browse: While touch the screen, drag your finger up or down to scroll through any display list. Flick the screen to scroll quickly. Touch an item in a list to make a selection.
- Light Sensor: The controller's built-in light sensor (located on the controller's face above the LCD screen) automatically turns on the button backlights based upon the brightness of the environment.
Lock Controller: You can choose to lock the Sonos Controller 200 so that nothing happens when you touch the screen or buttons (such as when cleaning the screen, or carrying the controller in your pocket.
Sleep Modes: To save battery power, the controller enters a progressive sleep mode:
- Light Sleep Timer: The CR200 controller will go into a light sleep (the screen will turn off) to preserve battery life when it is unused for specified period of time. When motion is detected or a button is pressed, the controller awakens immediately.
- Deep Sleep: The controller will enter a deep sleep when unused for a longer period of time (programmable in the menu). The controller goes through a restart cycle for several seconds when coming out of the deep sleep mode.
Indicators: During operation, the CR200 controller has several status indicators. The LCD screen indicates the battery charge level and wireless signal strength. An Orange LED indicator appears when Controller is starting-up or when the battery is too low to power-on the screen.
Dimensions: The Bundle 150 Components have the following dimensions:
|ZP90 Zone Player||5.375"||2.9375"||7.205"|
|ZP120 Zone Player||7.305"||3.5625"||9.025"|
The Sonos® BU-250 Bundle replaces these items
- includes two ZonePlayers and one Controller
- wirelessly access music from the Internet and your computer from any room in your house
- listen to the same or different songs in every Sonos-equipped room in your home