About the Sonos One (Gen 2)
Sonos tweaks a favorite
Sonos tweaks a favorite
The original Sonos One was a hit with our customers — Sonos One (Gen 2) is even better. This wireless powered speaker still has Amazon Alexa built in, so you can control it and your entire Sonos multi-room audio system using voice commands.
So what's new?
You'll find the Sonos One (Gen 2) even easier and quicker to set up with your smartphone or tablet. The speaker has an updated processor and increased memory for even better performance.
A9nd this new version is fully compatible with the original Sonos One. So you can wirelessly pair a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Sonos One for stereo, or use them both as part of a wireless surround sound system.
Voice commands get the music flowing
The Sonos One (Gen 2) has a 6-mic array with noise cancellation to ensure Alexa clearly hears your commands. Tell Alexa to mix and match from Pandora®, Amazon Music, TuneIn internet radio, and more. You can control even more music features through the Sonos app on your smartphone or tablet.
The Sonos One (Gen 2) lets you access many of the services Alexa has to offer. Start by downloading the free Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone to set up your “skills.” These are the services you can direct Alexa to access. It includes information sites, popular smart home brands such as Nest and Wemo®, sports sites, and more.
Expand to any (or every) room
You can set up the players to work on your existing Wi-Fi® network. Or you can connect any Sonos speaker to your network router, and Sonos will create its own dedicated wireless network for even better performance. You can also use a Boost to create this network if you can't place a speaker near your router.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
The Sonos One (Gen 2) has AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®, you can use it to fine-tune the Sonos One (Gen 2) with its Trueplay feature. Trueplay uses the mic built into your device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings. It then adjusts the speaker's settings for the best possible sound.
Which music services work with Alexa?
Here's a list of some of the more popular music services you can control with Alexa (updated June 2018):
- Spotify® (Premium account required)
- Amazon Music
- compact, humidity-resistant design
- 2 built-in amplifiers and two built-in speakers (one midrange driver and one tweeter)
- built-in array of 6 far-field microphones
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- control music selections
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- Sonos control app
- free download from iTunes App Store® and Google Play
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ smartphones and tablets
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays personalized internet radio stations from Pandora
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from compatible iOS portable devices
- not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes®
- configure two Sonos One (Gen 2) speakers for stereo playback
- Gen 2 speakers can be paired with Sonos One (Gen 1) speakers for stereo
- Note: Sonos One (Gen 2) speakers cannot be paired with PLAY:1 speakers for stereo
- top-mounted controls for volume, play, pause, skip, and mute
- Ethernet port for connection to a router (cable included)
- requires AC power (adapter included)
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight: 4.08 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a high-speed internet connection
- MFR # ONEG2US1BLK
More details on the Sonos One (Gen 2)