About the Sonos Ray
A low-profile, high-value bar from Sonos
The Sonos Ray offers warm, dynamic sound for music and movies.
A low-profile, high-value bar from Sonos
Meet the most compact and affordable Sonos sound bar yet. The Sonos Ray offers surprisingly powerful sound in a small package. Each of its built-in speakers is driven by a matching amplifier and expertly tuned by Sono's award-winning engineers for rich, balanced audio.
This sound bar is slim, and all of its speakers are front-firing, making it easy to tuck the bar under your TV or into a media cabinet. And like every speaker in Sonos's impressive lineup, the Ray makes streaming music where and how you want as easy as pie.
Connect with Sonos
The Ray is part of the Sonos wireless multi-room ecosystem, which means you can group it with other Sonos speakers to stream music, podcasts, or audiobooks throughout your home. The Sonos app has an intuitive interface that makes it easy to play whatever you want, wherever you want.
You can play the same content everywhere at once, or pop on something different in each room. Start up the Audible version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in the living room for the kids, while you chill to "King of Sweden" by Future Islands in the den.
Wirelessly expand your home theater
The Ray provides a big upgrade to your TV's audio, but it also serves as a foundation for a wireless home theater system. The cool thing about Sonos is that you can add on to your system as you go, expanding as you gain more room or your budget opens up.
You can pick up a Sonos Sub if you're looking to add low-end impact to your listening. Incorporating a couple Sonos One SLs as surround speakers adds wraparound effects. And it's all wireless too, so you only need to plug each speaker into AC power.
Conveniently compact and easy to use — the Sonos Ray is a great addition to any living room.
Stream with AirPlay 2
Apple fans are in good hands. AirPlay 2 lets you stream from an iPhone® or iPad® and connect the sound bar to the AirPlay ecosystem. If you're a subscriber to Apple Music®, you can use Siri to control and play that service with your voice too.
Match your sound to the room
If you have an iOS® device, you can calibrate the sound bar using Trueplay™. This lets you use your iPhone or iPad to match the bar's sound settings to the specific shape and acoustics of your room. This feature measures how sound reflects off your walls, ceiling, and furniture and optimizes it to fit the space.
Easy setup and control
It only takes a few minutes to get this sound bar up and running. Plug in a couple cables and press a button to connect the sound bar with the Sonos app on your phone or tablet. The two cables are an AC power cord and an optical cable between your TV and the sound bar.
The mobile app gives you intuitive control, but the Ray also works with most TV remotes to keep things simple. And the smooth touch controls on top of the bar are illuminated to make them easy to find in the dark.
- powered sound bar with built-in Wi-Fi
- plays TV sound, streaming music, and digital audio files from your home network
- communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi or a dedicated SonosNet wireless network
- stream sound from TV shows and movies to other Sonos speakers
- 4 built-in speakers, each with a matching Class D digital amplifier
- 2 high-efficiency woofers for warm, accurate mids and lows
- 2 tweeters for crisp highs
- low-velocity bass-reflex (ported) design minimizes distortion
- Speech Enhancement option helps clarify dialogue
- Night Sound mode keeps sound effects quiet while boosting voices for late-night listening
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Spotify Connect for easy music streaming
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control devices like the Sonos One
Sonos control app:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ devices
- play the same song on multiple Sonos speakers, or have different music playing on each one
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS devices only
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays personalized internet radio stations from Pandora
- stream music from online services such as Spotify, Apple Music, TIDAL, Qobuz and more (subscription required for some services)
- access 60,000+ live radio stations from around the world with Sonos Radio
Connections, accessories, and general info:
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- Ethernet port for a wired internet connection
- pair with a Sonos Sub and two Sonos One SL speakers to create a wireless home theater surround sound system
- wall-mountable (wall mount sold separately)
- requires AC power (cable included)
- 22"W x 2-13/16"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 4.29 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RAYG1US1BLK
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sonos Ray
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.0|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||---|
|HDMI ARC Input||---|
|HDMI eARC Input||---|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||---|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||---|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|System Frequency Response||---|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||---|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||---|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||---|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Voice Control||Alexa & Google Assistant optional|
|Control by App||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Online Music Sources||via Sonos app|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 b/g/n|
|Mounting Bracket Included||---|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-13/16H x 22W x 3-3/4D|
|Sound Bar Weight||4.29 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||---|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|