About the Sonos Five
High-performance streaming sound
High-performance streaming sound
Does your home have an open floor plan? The Sonos Five can deliver finely detailed, robust stereo sound for your space. And if one isn't enough, maybe two will do. Placed horizontally, a single Sonos Five projects a stereo image by itself. Two placed vertically and paired wirelessly deliver even bigger sound and better stereo separation — a great way to get deeper into all the music that Sonos's renowned wireless streaming system puts at your fingertips.
And your Five (or pair of Fives) can also be part of a Sonos wireless multi-room audio system for even more entertainment options.
Designed for rich musical detail
The Five features three high-excursion woofers, mounted in sealed chambers. This ensures full sound with deep, clean bass. Three tweeters deliver clear highs. Two are angled outward to disperse the sound to the sides, with the third placed in the center of the cabinet for focused vocals. The speaker system was tuned by renowned producer Giles Martin for exceptional sound.
Simple multi-room audio
Your Five can be part of a larger Sonos multi-room audio system. Place players like the Sonos One or Sonos Move every room where you want to listen to music. Sonos sound bars give you better TV sound plus easy access to your favorite streaming music services and downloaded songs.
You can set up your Sonos players to work on your existing Wi-Fi® network. Or you can connect any Sonos speaker to your network router, and Sonos will create its own dedicated wireless network for even better performance. You can also use a Boost to create this network if you can't place a speaker near your router.
Compatible with Apple AirPlay 2
The Five has AirPlay 2 built in. So you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch®, you can use it to fine-tune the Sonos Five with the app's built-in Trueplay feature. Trueplay uses the mic in your Apple device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings. It then adjusts the speaker's settings for the best possible sound.
- compact, humidity-resistant design
- 3 high-excursion woofers and 3 tweeters for rich, stereo sound
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
Sonos control app:
- free download from iTunes App Store® and Google Play
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ smartphones and tablets
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, TIDAL, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from Android and iOS® mobile devices
- configure two Sonos Five speakers for stereo playback
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS devices only
- 3.5mm line input for voice control device, turntable (with built-in phono preamp), or portable player
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible or Google Assistant-compatible voice control devices
- connects via 3.5mm line input or wirelessly
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to additional features, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- top-mounted controls for volume, play, pause, skip, and mute
- Ethernet port for connection to a router
- requires AC power (cable included)
- 14-3/8"W x 8-1/16"H x 6-1/16"D
- weight: 14 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a high-speed internet connection
- MFR # FIVE1US1BLK
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sonos Five