About the TP-Link HS105 Smart Plug
Simple remote control from a compact smart plug
Wish you could turn your coffee maker, lamp, or stereo equipment off and on remotely? The TP-Link HS105 Smart Plug makes that an easy operation. The compact design lets you plug up to two of them into each existing wall outlet. Then you can connect your appliances, download the free Kasa app, and take control wirelessly. Set up a schedule, or turn devices on or off directly whenever you like.
- schedule and control connected lights or appliances from anywhere
- control connected devices via the free Kasa app
- use Away Mode to make it seem like you're home
- schedule the Smart Plug to automatically power electronics on and off
- compact design lets you use two smart plugs per standard wall outlet
- hardware button allows for direct manual on/off switching
- uses your Wi-Fi® network for wireless operation
- compatible with:
- current draw: 15 amps
- 2-5/8"W x 1-1/2"H x 1-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HS105
What's in the box:
- Wi-Fi Smart Plug Mini (HS105)
- Quick Start Guide
- Technical Support
- GNU General Public License Notice
- Product rating card
TP-Link HS105 Smart Plug reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the TP-Link HS105 Smart Plug
Overview: The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini (HS105) is a Wi-Fi-enabled plug-in AC outlet that allows you to turn electronic devices on or off from anywhere using the Kasa app on your smartphone or tablet. The plug uses your existing home Wi-Fi network (IEEE 801.11b/g/n, 2.4GHz) to control almost any plug-in device, from TVs and stereos, to lamps, fans, small appliances, and heaters. It plugs into any outlet in your home, and has a single standard AC outlet for plugging in the device you want to control. From the app, you can turn the device on or off, and set schedules. The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini is designed for residential indoor usage, and should be used in dry areas only.
Note: The plug's electrical rating is 100-120V AC, 15A, 1800W.
Kasa App: The Kasa app lets you control all TP-Link Smart Home products from anywhere on your Apple iOS or Android devices. You can set and edit schedules to turn lights on or off while you're away to simulate occupancy. The countdown timer automatically switches off running household appliances after a specified amount of time. This can give you peace of mind when you use heat-generating devices such as curling irons or space heaters. The Kasa app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later, and is available from the Apple App Store. It is also compatible with Android devices running Android 4.1 and up, and available from Google Play.
TP-Link Compatibilities: The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini and Kasa app not only work with other TP-Link products within your own system, but cross over to work with other Smart Home products and services:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini works with Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot, and Amazon Tap, allowing you to control your devices with your voice. Simply speak voice commands to Alexa and the TP-Link devices will follow your directions.
- Google Home: Google Home gives you voice control over the devices you have plugged into the TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Plug. You can turn on lights, fans, heaters, or other devices with just the power of your voice.
- Microsoft Cortana: The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug, 2-outlets works with Cortana, Microsoft's Intelligent Personal Digital Assistant. You can use your voice to turn on and off connected lights, appliances, or electronic devices that are plugged in to the Smart Plug.
- IFTTT (If This, Then That): You can include the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug in your IFTTT applets to help your devices work together. You can set up automated functions, such as turning on your lights when you enter your home.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?