About the TP-Link HS105 Smart Plug
Simple remote control from a compact smart plug
Wish you could turn your coffee maker, lamp, or stereo equipment off and on remotely? The TP-Link HS105 Smart Plug makes that an easy operation. The compact design lets you plug up to two of them into each existing wall outlet. Then you can connect your appliances, download the free Kasa app, and take control wirelessly. Set up a schedule, or turn devices on or off directly whenever you like.
- bundle includes two TP-Link HS 105 Smart Plugs
- schedule and control connected lights or appliances from anywhere via the free Kasa app
- use Away Mode to make it seem like you're home
- schedule the Smart Plug to automatically power electronics on and off
- compact design lets you use two smart plugs per standard wall outlet
- hardware button allows for direct manual on/off switching
- uses your Wi-Fi® network for wireless operation
- compatible with:
- current draw: 15 amps
- 2-5/8"W x 1-1/2"H x 1-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HS105KIT
What's in the box:
- Two HS105 Smart Plug Mini units
- Kasa app info
- Kasa Cam promo card
TP-Link HS105 Smart Plug reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the TP-Link HS105 Smart Plug
Overview: The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini (HS105) from TP-Link is a Wi-Fi-enabled plug-in AC outlet that allows you to turn electronic devices on or off from anywhere using the Kasa Smart app on your smartphone or tablet. The plug uses your existing home Wi-Fi network (IEEE 801.11b/g/n, 2.4GHz) to control almost any plug-in device, from TVs and stereos, to lamps, fans, small appliances, and heaters. It plugs into any outlet in your home, and has a single standard AC outlet for plugging in the device you want to control. The HS105 has a power button on the side to turn the outlet on or off. Its side-mounted LED glows a different color to indicate whether it is powered on and its connection status to the network. The device is only 1.5" high, so you could easily plug two into a standard single-gang wall outlet. From the app, you can turn the device on or off, and set schedules. The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini is designed for residential indoor usage, and should be used in dry areas only. There are two HS105 Wi-Fi Plug Minis in this package.
Note: The plug's electrical rating is 100-120V AC, 15A, 1800W.
Kasa Smart App: The Kasa Smart app lets you control all Kasa Smart Home products from anywhere on your Apple iOS or Android devices. You can set and edit schedules to turn lights on or off while you're away to simulate occupancy. The countdown timer automatically switches off running household appliances after a specified amount of time. This can give you peace of mind when you use heat-generating devices such as curling irons or space heaters. The Kasa app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 10.0 or later, and is available from the Apple App Store. It is also compatible with Android devices running Android 4.1 and up, and available from Google Play.
Kasa Smart Compatibilities: The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini and Kasa app not only work with other Kasa Smart and TP-Link products within your own system, but cross over to work with other Smart Home products and services:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini works with Amazon Echo, Show, Dot, Tap, and other Alexa products, allowing you to control your devices with your voice. Simply speak voice commands to Alexa and the TP-Link/Kasa Smart devices will follow your directions.
- Google Home: Google Home products and the Google Assistant give you voice control over the devices you have plugged into the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug. You can turn on lights, fans, heaters, or other devices with just the power of your voice.
- Microsoft Cortana: The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug, 2-outlets works with Cortana, Microsoft's Intelligent Personal Digital Assistant. You can use your voice to turn on and off connected lights, appliances, or electronic devices that are plugged in to the Smart Plug.
- IFTTT (If This, Then That): You can include the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug in your IFTTT applets to help your devices work together. You can set up automated functions, such as turning on your lights when you enter your home.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?