About the TP-Link HS200 Smart Switch
Reach this wall switch from anywhere
You have to be standing pretty close to a standard wall switch if you want to use it. The TP-Link HS200 wall switch connects to your home Wi-Fi network, so you can turn lights off and on from anywhere. You can also set a schedule for lights to follow when you're not around, or use the randomizing Away Mode to make the house look busy when you're away for a few days.
- free Kasa app lets you control the switch from anywhere
- set a daily lighting schedule
- use Away Mode to make it seem like you're home
- LED indicator makes it easy to find in the dark
- uses your Wi-Fi® network for wireless operation
- compatible with:
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HS200
What's in the box:
- Smart Wi-Fi light switch (HS200)
- White faceplate (installed)
- Foam insulation (3 pieces)
- 2 Face plate screws (installed)
- 4 Wire nuts
- Quick Start Guide
- Technical Support
- GNU General Public License Note
- Important Safety Warnings and Disclaimers
- Product Rating card
TP-Link HS200 Smart Switch reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the TP-Link HS200 Smart Switch
Overview: The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch (HS200) lets you control your lights, ceiling fans, and other hardwired fixtures in your home from anywhere. Anything you have connected to a standard light switch can be controlled via Wi-Fi. Using TP-Link's Kasa app, you can turn the light on or off remotely, set a schedule, create a scene for particular times of the day, and simulate occupancy when you're not at home. The app also lets you keep track how long the light switch has been running, and how much energy you're using.
Installation: The Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch fits into most standard in-wall electrical boxes more than 2 inches deep. It has 4 wires (2 Live/Load, Ground, Neutral) with tinned ends, and comes with 4 wire nuts for DIY installation, or installation by a qualified electrician. It is compatible with incandescent, LED, halogen, and compact fluorescent light bulbs. It is rated to a maximum load of 600W incandescent. A 3-5/16" x 5-1/16" decorative faceplate is included with the switch.
Wi-Fi: The HS200 is compatible with IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz (1T1R) Wi-Fi systems. It should be installed within the range of your Wi-Fi router or access point (approximately 150 feet), without physical obstructions or radio interference in the surrounding areas.
Physical Controls: The HS200 is a single-pole light switch with a single, spring-loaded action. By pressing the bottom of the switch, you can switch the connected fixture (light/fan) on or off. Two smaller buttons below the switch are for restarting and resetting the Smart Switch. A white LED on the switch is illuminated when the light is switched off to help you locate it in the dark. A multi-color LED indicates the condition of the Wi-Fi signal.
Kasa App: The Kasa app lets you control all TP-Link Smart Home products from anywhere on your Apple iOS or Android devices. From the app, you can turn lights or ceiling fans on or off remotely. You can set and edit schedules to turn lights on or off, even while you're away, to simulate occupancy. The Kasa app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later, and is available from the Apple App Store. It is also compatible with Android devices running Android 4.1 and up, and available from Google Play.
Scenes: The Kasa app offers several "Scenes" to help you control multiple TP-Link Smart Home devices at once. With the press of a single button on the app, you can turn on multiple Smart Light Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs to set a mood or fit a special occasion. For example, a "Movie Time" scene can turn on your home entertainment system (plugged into a Smart Plug) and dim the lights to 10% brightness in your entertainment room. Scenes can be customized to suit your personal preferences.
TP-Link Compatibilities: The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch and Kasa app not only work with other TP-Link products within your own system, but cross over to work with other Smart Home products and services:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch works with Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot, and Amazon Tap, allowing you to control your devices with your voice. Simply speak voice commands to Alexa and the TP-Link devices will follow your directions.
- Google Home: Google Home gives you voice control over the devices you have wired into the TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch. You can control your lights, fans, or other devices with just the power of your voice.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?