About the TP-Link HS210KIT Smart Light 3-way Kit
An easy lighting upgrade
An easy lighting upgrade
I have several 3-way switches in my house — meaning the same lights are controlled by more than one switch. For example, the light in my stairwell is controlled by switches at the top and bottom of the stairs. This makes perfect sense, of course, but it also means a more complicated wiring situation that isn't compatible with all smart switches.
TP-Link simplifies things with this kit designed specifically for 3-way configurations like mine. No hub is required — you simply replace your traditional 3-way switches with this included pair of Wi-Fi connected switches. The Kasa Smart mobile app guides you through the process with step-by-step instructions.
Simple to control with the Kasa Smart app
In addition to walking you through the install process, the app allows you to control your lights remotely. You can even create a schedule that powers them on and off at set times every day. And if you have multiple Kasa-controlled devices, they can be grouped together for one-button control.
"Away" mode turns your lights on and off at random intervals that make it seem like you're home, even when you're not.
Or you can use your voice
This kit is also compatible with Microsoft Cortana, Amazon Alexa, and Google Home devices (sold separately), so if you want the light on, all you have to do is ask.
- 3-way kit includes two Wi-Fi light switches for use in areas where one light is controlled by two switches
- schedule, group, and control connected lights from anywhere via the free Kasa Smart app
- use Away Mode to make it seem like you're home
- no hub required, works with your existing Wi-Fi
- protocol: 802.11 b/g/n
- frequency: 2.4 GHz
- compatible with:
- neutral wire is required for installation
- wall plates are included
- 3-5/16"W x 5"H x 1-13/16"D
- weight: 14.95 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HS210KIT
What's in the box:
- 2 Smart Wi-Fi light switches (HS210)
- 2 White faceplates
- 4 Face plate screws (installed)
- 4 Wire nuts
- Quick Start Guide
- Wire labels
TP-Link HS210KIT Smart Light 3-way Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the TP-Link HS210KIT Smart Light 3-way Kit
Overview: The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch, 3-Way Kit (HS210/2-pack) lets you control the lights in your home from anywhere. This kit contains two smart switches, specially designed for 3-way switch wiring. This lighting is commonly found in living rooms, hallways, or stairs, where a light is controlled from two switch locations. Using the Kasa app, you can turn the light on or off remotely, set a schedule, create a scene for particular times of the day, and simulate occupancy when you're not at home. The app also lets you keep track how long the light switch has been running, and how much energy you're using.
Installation: The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switches fit into most standard in-wall electrical boxes more than 2 inches deep. Each switch has 2 wires with tinned ends, and come with 2 wire nuts for DIY installation, or installation by a qualified electrician. The switch is compatible with incandescent, LED, halogen, and compact fluorescent light bulbs. It is rated to a maximum load of 600W incandescent. A 3-5/16" x 5-1/16" decorative faceplate is included with each switch.
Wi-Fi: The HS210 is compatible with IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz (1T1R) Wi-Fi systems. It should be installed within the range of your Wi-Fi router or access point (approximately 150 feet), without physical obstructions or radio interference in the surrounding areas.
Physical Controls: The HS210 is a single-pole, double throw light switch with a single, spring-loaded action. By pressing the bottom of the switch, you can switch the connected light bulb on or off. Two smaller buttons below the switch are for restarting and resetting the Smart Switch. A white LED on the switch is illuminated when the light is switched off to help you locate it in the dark. A multi-color LED indicates the condition of the Wi-Fi signal.
Kasa App: The Kasa app lets you control all TP-Link Kasa Smart Home products from anywhere on your Apple iOS or Android devices. From the app, you can turn lights on or off remotely. You can set and edit schedules to turn lights on or off, even while you're away, to simulate occupancy. The Kasa app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later, and is available from the Apple App Store. It is also compatible with Android devices running Android 4.1 and up, and available from Google Play.
Scenes: The Kasa app offers several "Scenes" to help you control multiple TP-Link Kasa Smart Home devices at once. With the press of a single button on the app, you can turn on multiple Smart Light Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs to set a mood or fit a special occasion. For example, a "Movie Time" scene can turn on your home entertainment system (plugged into a Smart Plug) and dim the lights to 10% brightness in your entertainment room. Scenes can be customized to suit your personal preferences.
TP-Link Compatibilities: The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch and Kasa app not only work with other TP-Link Kasa Smart products within your own system, but cross over to work with other Smart Home products and services:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch works with Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot, and Amazon Tap, allowing you to control your devices with your voice. Simply speak voice commands to Alexa and the TP-Link devices will follow your directions.
- Google Home: Google Home gives you voice control over the devices you have wired into the TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch. You can control your lights, fans, or other devices with just the power of your voice.
- Microsoft Cortana: The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug, 2-outlets works with Cortana, Microsoft's Intelligent Personal Digital Assistant. You can use your voice to turn on and off connected lights, appliances, or electronic devices that are plugged in to the Smart Plug.
- IFTTT (If This, Then That): You can include the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug in your IFTTT applets to help your devices work together. You can set up automated functions, such as turning on your lights when you enter your home.