About the TP-Link HS300 Smart Power Strip
Smarten up a whole room
Smarten up a whole room
Wi-Fi connected outlets are a fun and easy way to get into the smart home game. They allow you to add app control to almost anything you can plug in. And this smart power strip from TP-Link gives you that ability — times six. It has six individually controllable outlets, so you can smarten up a bunch of gear in one go.
It does double-duty as a surge protector, too, so the devices you plug in will be safe from power fluctuations. It also has three always-on USB charging ports to keep your phones and tablets juiced up and protected.
TP-Link's HS300 Smart Power Strip has plenty of room for your devices.
Control everything with the Kasa Smart app
The Kasa Smart mobile app allows you to control your six connected devices remotely. You can even create a schedule that powers them on and off at set times every day. And multiple Kasa-controlled devices can be grouped together for one-button control.
Or use your voice
This strip is also compatible with Microsoft Cortana, Amazon Alexa, and Google Home devices (sold separately) for voice control. So if you want any or all of your connected devices on, all you have to do is ask.
Monitor energy usage
One of the coolest features of this app-connected power strip is the ability to monitor your energy usage. You can see how long each device has been on, as well as viewing the daily average for the previous week and month.
- smart power strip has six independently controlled AC outlets
- ETL-certified surge protection shields electronics from power surges and overloading
- 3 always-on USB ports for device charging
- schedule and control connected lights or appliances from anywhere via the free Kasa Smart app
- monitor energy consumption of devices plugged into your smart power strip
- use Away Mode to make it seem like you're home
- schedule the strip to automatically power electronics on and off
- manual power buttons allow for direct on/off switching of each outlet without the app
- no hub required, works with your existing Wi-Fi
- protocol: 802.11 b/g/n
- frequency: 2.4 GHz
- compatible with:
- 14-3/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 2-1/2"D
- weight: 1.55 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HS300
What's in the box:
- Wi-Fi controlled power strip with attached 36" power cord
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the TP-Link HS300 Smart Power Strip
Overview: The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip features six independently-controlled smart outlets and three always-on USB ports. The 6 outlets can be controlled directly on the power strip, or remotely using the Kasa app. You can also have hands-free voice control of your outlets using your favorite Voice Assistant. In addition, you can monitor how much energy your plugged-in devices consume. Your devices are protected from harmful power surges and brownouts. The Wi-Fi Power Strip is 14" long, 2-1/2" wide, and 1-1/2" high, and weighs only 1-1/2 pounds. The heavy-gauge power cable is 36" long with a low-profile wall plug.
AC Power Outlets: The Wi-Fi Power Strip has six grounded 3-pronged outlets that are conveniently spaced to accommodate AC adapters ("wall warts"). Each 15A outlet has its own control button, and an LED that lights when the outlet is on. You can independently turn each outlet on or off using the Kasa app. You can also set a schedule for each outlet to automatically turn devices on and off throughout the day or night while you're home or away. The power strip is rated at 125V - 60Hz, 15A, and 1875 watts max.
USB Ports: The Wi-Fi Power Strip has three USB ports (Type A) for charging your tablet, smartphone, or other devices. These ports are rated at 5V / 2.4A each (or 4A total) to give your devices a beefy 12-watt charge. The USB ports are always powered on, as long as the Power Strip is plugged in and the main switch is in the On position. They are not controllable via the Kasa app.
Surge Protection: The Wi-Fi Power Strip provides ETL-certified surge protection (from Edison Testing Labs) to all devices connected to the AC outlets and USB ports.
Wi-Fi: The Wi-Fi Power Strip is compatible with IEEE 802.11b/g/n at a frequency of 2.4GHz.
Kasa App: The Kasa app lets you control all TP-Link Kasa Smart Home products from anywhere on your Apple iOS or Android devices. From the app, you can turn individual outlets on or off remotely. You can set and edit schedules to turn lights on or off, even while you're away, to simulate occupancy. The Kasa app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later, and is available from the Apple App Store. It is also compatible with Android devices running Android 4.1 and up, and available from Google Play.
Scenes: The Kasa app offers several "Scenes" to help you control multiple TP-Link Kasa Smart Home devices at once. With the press of a single button on the app, you can turn on devices connected to individual outlets on the Wi-Fi Power Strip, as well as Kasa Smart Light Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs to set a mood or fit a special occasion. For example, a "Movie Time" scene can turn on your home entertainment system (plugged into the Power Strip) and dim the lights to 10% brightness in your entertainment room. Scenes can be customized to suit your personal preferences.
TP-Link Compatibilities: The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch and Kasa app not only work with other TP-Link Kasa Smart products within your own system, but cross over to work with other Smart Home products and services:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip works with Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot, and Amazon Tap, allowing you to control your devices with your voice. Simply speak voice commands to Alexa and the TP-Link devices will follow your directions.
- Google Home: Google Home gives you voice control over the devices you have plugged into the TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip. You can control your lights, fans, or other devices with just the power of your voice.
- Microsoft Cortana: The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip works with Cortana, Microsoft's Intelligent Personal Digital Assistant. You can use your voice to turn on and off connected lights, appliances, or electronic devices that are plugged in to the Power Strip.
- IFTTT (If This, Then That): You can include the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip in your IFTTT applets to help your devices work together. You can set up automated functions, such as turning on your lights when you enter your home.