About the TP-Link KC120 Kasa Cam
Always know what's going on at home
Always know what's going on at home
TP-Link's Kasa Cam is an easy way to keep an eye on your home from wherever you are. Use the free Kasa Smart mobile app to create up to four activity zones per camera, so you only get notified about important stuff. Check in on the high-def live stream in real time whenever you want. And if you see something interesting, use the two-way talk feature to have a chat with people or pets at home.
It can see in the dark
The Kasa Cam's night vision can even detect motion in the dark — up to 25 feet away.
TP-Link's Kasa Cam lets you keep an eye on what's important to you.
Ask your voice assistant to show you the view
If you have an Amazon Fire TV, or an Echo Show or Spot, you can ask Alexa to show you the live stream from your Kasa Cam. This works with Google Home display devices, too.
Optional cloud storage
The camera streams live footage to the app 24/7. You can also view and save video clips from the previous 48 hours for free. This free cloud storage option is available for two years. At the end of two years — or anytime before that if you want more storage — you can upgrade to a Kasa Care subscription.
The Plus plan ($4/month or $40/year) allows you to view the previous 14 days of footage with a 14GB memory limit. The Premium plan ($7/month or $70/year) lets you to view the previous 30 days of footage with a 30GB memory limit.
- wireless HD indoor security camera
- view 1080p HD video from anywhere
- night vision lets you see in the dark up to 25 feet away
- connects to your network via Wi-Fi (2.4 or 5 GHz)
- 130° field of view
- get smart alerts on your mobile device when motion or sound is detected
- app features:
- create up to four custom activity zones
- two-way talk
- live view
- stream live video to any Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant supported display:
- includes 10' USB cord and power adapter
- access previous two days of video history for free
- free plan limited to 2 years
- paid cloud storage subscriptions provide more storage options
- 3-1/8"W x 5-7/16"H x 3-1/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KC120
What's in the box:
- Wi-Fi Smart security camera with attached magnetic base
- Plastic mounting plate
- 9.75' cable (Type A USB plug on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- AC adapter (DC output: 5V 1A)
- 3 Mounting screws (3/4" length)
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- Quick Start Guide
- GNU General Public License Notice
- "Thank You" promo card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the TP-Link KC120 Kasa Cam
Overview: The TP-Link Kasa Cam is an indoor security camera with built-in Wi-Fi to provide access from anywhere. This easy-to-install camera features crystal clear Full HD 1080p video and 2-way audio. The Kasa Cam comes with a 9.75-foot USB power cable, AC adapter, and an integrated magnetic mount.
Camera: The Kasa Cam has a 1/2.7" (6.6mm) image sensor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 30fps. The F2.0 3.21mm lens features a wide 130° field of view to cover a large area. Built-in infrared LEDs gives the camera night vision up to 25 feet away. The camera is powered by the included AC adapter.
Motion Detection and Activity Zones: The camera features motion and sound detection, and can alert you of any activity by sending a notification straight to your smartphone. Up to 4 customizable activity zones can be created to help you keep an eye on specific areas, such as doors, halls, bedrooms, or garage. This will reduce the number of false alarms and provide better alerts to your phone.
Wi-Fi: The Kasa Cam operates on Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n/ac) at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. It can stream video wirelessly along your secure home network. The video is protected with WEP, WPA/WPA2-PSK security and 128-bit AES encryption with SSL/TLS right from the camera. You can watch live video at anytime from your smartphone or tablet using the free Kasa Smart app. You can also view on your favorite Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant supported display, such as Fire TV or Google Chromecast. The video streaming rate varies according to the Wi-Fi standard:
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wireless Rate|
Kasa App: The Kasa app lets you control all TP-Link/Kasa Smart Home products from anywhere on your Apple iOS or Android devices. From the app, you can configure your security cameras and view video on your device. Notifications sent from your cameras are received on your mobile device to help you keep track of your home or office. At the same time, you can control other Kasa Smart devices, such as Smart lights, switches, and plugs. You can set and edit schedules to turn lights on or off, even while you're away, to simulate occupancy. The Kasa app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 10.0 or later, and is available from the Apple App Store. It is also compatible with Android devices running Android 4.1 and up, and available from Google Play.
Kasa Care: Kasa Care is a subscription plan to help you securely store the video clips from your security cameras and view them from anywhere. You can also download your videos and share them with the authorities, or with family and friends. There are two subscription plans to choose from:
- Premium Plan: The Kasa Care Premium Plan lets you store your video clips for up to 30 days. There is a memory limit of 30 GB, which equals approximately 128 hours of 1080p video. The Premium Plan is $7.00 per month or $70.00 per year per camera.
- Plus Plan: The Kasa Care Plus Plan lets you store your video clips for up to 14 days. There is a memory limit of 14 GB, which equals approximately 60 hours of 1080p video. The Plus Plan is $4.00 per month or $40.00 per year per camera.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?