About the Honeywell Lyric T5+ Wi-Fi®
Smart thermostat = lower heating and cooling bills
Use the Lyric app to control the Honeywell Lyric T5+ when you're away from home, or just really comfortable on the couch.
Smart thermostat = lower heating and cooling bills
When circumstances change — you stay longer at work, outside temperatures soar, or it rains suddenly — you want your thermostat to keep up. The Honeywell Lyric Round T5+ Wi-Fi is smart enough to know whether you're home or away, and takes humidity and outside temperature changes into account when heating and cooling your home. It effectively optimizes comfort and energy savings.
If you want to turn the A/C off for a while and really save on cooling bills, custom fan settings can circulate more or less air as needed.
Convenient app control
Download the free Lyric app, and you gain control over the thermostat even when you're away. The Lyric T5+ uses geofence technology to know when you've left home or are on your way back, and adjusts the temperature accordingly. Even if you forget to set it before you leave for the day, the Lyric T5+ has you covered.
Attention to detail
Did we already say this thermostat is smart? It lets you create convenient one-touch custom shortcuts for recurring events. Intelligent comfort control tracks outside temperature and humidity — which can make inside temperatures feel less than ideal — and adjusts accordingly for maximum comfort. You can even have it send you alerts so you know when to change your HVAC filters.
- backlit touchscreen display
- geofence technology senses your departures and arrivals and sets temperature accordingly
- intelligent comfort control corrects for humidity and outside temperature
- push notifications remind you when it's time to change HVAC filters
- 7-day flexible scheduling
- change settings remotely via Lyric app or directly on the thermostat's touchscreen
- notifies you of extreme indoor temperature changes
- displays outside weather icon on the thermostat
- create convenient one-touch custom shortcuts for recurring events
- custom fan settings circulate more or less air as needed
- compatible with:
- low-voltage power adapter included
- 4-1/16"W x 4-1/16"H x 1-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 5BV261
What's in the box:
- Programmable Wi-Fi thermostat
- C-Wire adapter (with 16" 5-wire pigtail)
- UWP mounting system
- 3 Screws (length=1.5")
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- Quick Install Guide
- C-Wire Adapter Installation Guide (English)
- C-Wire Adapter Installation Guide (Spanish)
- Wiring labels
- Mercury recycling notice
- Customer service sheet
Honeywell Lyric T5+ Wi-Fi® reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Honeywell Lyric T5+ Wi-Fi®
Overview: The Honeywell T5+ Smart Thermostat (RCHT8612WF) is a simple, user-friendly thermostat that helps you save money on energy while keeping your home comfortable. With built-in Wi-Fi, you can monitor and control the thermostat from anywhere, through the free Honeywell Home app. The app can also send alerts and notifications to your smartphone or tablet. The T5+ works with all major voice control assistants, allowing you to raise or lower the temperature with your voice. The T5+ Smart Thermostat works with a wide variety of heating and cooling systems, and is EnergyStar certified, so you know you're saving money and energy.
Compatible Systems: The thermostat is compatible with most heating, cooling, and heat pump systems, including Standard and High-Efficiency Gas, Oil, Electric, Fan Coil, Air-to-Air, Geothermal, Hot Water and Steam. C-wire (24 VAC) power is required, and a C-wire Power Adapter is included to provide power, if needed. The T5+ Smart Thermostat does not work with electric baseboard heat (120-240V), or with millivolt systems. It does not support input (S terminals) for indoor and outdoor sensors, or relay (U terminals) for ventilation.
Programming Options: The T5+ Smart Thermostat offers multiple programming options that fit your lifestyle:
- Location-based Scheduling: Using geofence technology, the thermostat uses your smartphone's location to know when you're away to save energy. It senses your return, and automatically makes your house comfortable by the time you walk in the door. You can manually change the preset Home and Away temperatures via the Honeywell Home app, or on the thermostat.
- Smart Scheduling: Smart Scheduling uses a combination of geofencing and time scheduling to set the temperatures for your home.
- Time-based Scheduling: The thermostat can be programmed in a variety of ways. You can set a schedule for one week, with separate schedules for each day, or the same schedule for all seven days. You can also choose Monday through Friday as a separate period, with Saturday and Sunday scheduled together (5-2) or separately (5-1-1). Up to four adjustable periods per day (wake, leave, return, sleep) can be programmed.
- No Scheduling: You can control the temperature in your home manually by adjusting the temperature set points only.
Built-in Wi-Fi: The T5+ Smart Thermostat features built-in Wi-Fi, and works in the 2.4 GHz range. You can control the thermostat with your smartphone, tablet, or laptop, through the Honeywell Home app.
Honeywell Home App: Using the Honeywell Home app (formerly the Lyric app), you can view and change settings from anywhere on the One-Touch Dashboard, including Honeywell security systems, door locks, and cameras. You can access multiple thermostats if your system is zoned, and receive push notifications and email alerts if the temperature reading is too high or too low. Any software updates for the thermostat are automatically done via Wi-Fi. The Honeywell Home app is compatible with smartphones and tablets running iOS 10.0 or later, or for most Android devices (version varies with device).
Touch Controls: The T5+ Smart Thermostat features a 2-1/2" square touch-sensitive display and controls. The display shows the current indoor temperature in large numerals, with the set temperature, current mode, and fan and Wi-Fi statuses nearby. Plus and minus touch controls let you raise or lower the temperature. Along the bottom are controls for Mode (Auto, Heat, Cool, Off, Emergency Heat), Menu (schedule, screen lock, ventilation, Wi-Fi, and Clean Screen), and Fan (Auto, On, or Circulate). The display will dim or shut off after a few minutes to save energy, and can be awakened by touching the center area.
Works With Honeywell: The Honeywell T5+ Smart Thermostat works with several Smart Home systems, including those that use voice control to manage your devices:
- Apple HomeKit: Apple HomeKit lets you adjust the temperature remotely by using voice commands with Siri on your iPhone or iPad.
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): You can instruct "Alexa" to set the thermostat at a desired temperature, or raise/lower the temperature.
- Google Home: Starting with "OK Google", you can adjust the temperature, switch to heating or cooling, set the mode and temperature, and turn off the thermostat.
- Microsoft Cortana: You can control the thermostat with your voice using Microsoft's Cortana.
- IFTTT: Linking your thermostat with IFTTT (IF Then Then That), you can automatically make adjustments to your HVAC system. For example, a simple applet will turn on your heating or cooling system when the outside temperature (according to the Weather Channel app) reaches a preset high or low temperature.
Auto Changeover: In climates where both air conditioning and heating are used on the same day, the Auto Changeover feature can save you from having to manually switch between the two modes. In the Auto mode, the thermostat automatically selects heating or cooling depending upon the room temperature. Heat and cool settings must be at least 3 degrees apart.
Smart Response Technology: The thermostat's Smart Response Technology learns how long it takes for the furnace and air conditioner to reach the programmed temperature settings. If it takes 15 minutes for the unit to reach the programmed temperature, the thermostat will turn on the furnace or AC 15 minutes early so the room reaches the programmed temperature at the time you set.
Filter Maintenance: The T5+ Smart Thermostat can help you keep your system running by reminding you when your furnace's filter needs changing. The filter reminders are displayed on the face of the thermostat, or sent as push notifications through the Honeywelll Home app to your smartphone or tablet. There are two separate programmable filter reminders. For each filter reminder, you can choose either calendar or equipment run time-based reminder:
- Run Time Days: 10, 20, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, or 150
- Calendar: 30, 45, 60, or 75 days; 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 12, or 15 months
Utility Rebate Programs: As an incentive for using the Energy Star-certified T5+ Smart Thermostat, you may qualify for a rebate from your utility. Electric utilities in select locations offer rebates for signing up for their Demand Response program, which changes the power consumption of a customer (by adjusting the temperature on your thermostat) in order to meet peak demands for power. In most cases, you can opt in or out of any Demand Response requests from the utility. For more information on Demand Response, you can visit Honeywell's website.
2 questions already asked