About the Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi® Thermostat
A smart thermostat that helps you save
The Honeywell Lyric T5 features a large, bright touchscreen.
A smart thermostat that helps you save
When circumstances change — you stay longer at work, outside temperatures soar, or it rains suddenly — you want your thermostat to keep up. The Honeywell Lyric T5 is smart enough to know whether you're home or away, and takes humidity and outside temperature changes into account when heating and cooling your home. It effectively optimizes comfort and energy savings.
This thermostat knows it works for you. It senses your physical proximity with a motion sensor that turns on the bright, clear touchscreen, so you can make changes quickly and easily when you're at home.
Download the free Resideo mobile app, and you gain control over the thermostat even when you're away. The Lyric T5 uses geofence technology to keep track of when you're at home or away, and adjusts the temperature accordingly. Even if you forget to set it before you leave for the day, the Lyric T5 has you covered.
Attention to detail
Did we already say the Lyric T5 is smart? It lets you create convenient one-touch custom shortcuts for recurring events. Intelligent comfort control tracks outside temperature and humidity — which can make inside temperatures feel less than ideal — and adjusts accordingly for maximum comfort. You can even have it send you alerts so you know when to change your HVAC filters.
- large, bright motion-activated display
- geofence technology senses your departures and arrivals and sets temperature accordingly
- intelligent comfort control corrects for humidity and outside temperature
- push notifications remind you when it's time to change HVAC filters
- change settings remotely via the free Resideo smart home app for Apple® and Android™ or directly on the thermostat's touchscreen
- notifies you of extreme indoor temperature changes
- create convenient one-touch custom shortcuts for recurring events
- compatible with:
- 4-1/16"W x 4-1/16"H x 1-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4T7524
What's in the box:
Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi® Thermostat owner's manual
- Wi-Fi thermostat
- UWP Wall mounting plate
- 3 Self-tapping screws (Length 1.5")
- 3 Wall anchors
- Quick Install Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi® Thermostat
Overview: The Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Thermostat (RCHT8610WF) offers multiple programming options to fit your lifestyle. You can use location-based or time-based scheduling, a combination of the two, or no scheduling. Through the free Resideo-Smart Home app, the Lyric T5 can also send you alerts and notifications to your smartphone or tablet. The RCHT8610WF works with a wide variety of heating and cooling systems.
Compatible Systems: The thermostat is compatible with the following types of heating and cooling systems:
- Conventional Forced Air: Standard gas, High Efficiency Gas, Oil, Electric, Fan Coil
- Heat Pump: Air-to-air, Geothermal
- Boiler: Hot water, Steam
- Central Air Conditioning
Controls: The Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Thermostat features a 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" touchscreen segmented LED display. On-screen controls include + and - buttons to adjust the temperature, Mode (Auto, Heat, Cool, Off, Emergency Heat), Fan (Auto, On, Circulate), and Menu (Schedule, Screen Lock, Ventilation, Wi-Fi, Clean Screen, and other thermostat settings). You can also perform just about any function on the downloadable Resideo-Smart Home app.
Built-in Wi-Fi: The Lyric T5 can be controlled by your smartphone, tablet, or laptop through your home Wi-Fi network. Through the Resideo-Smart Home app, you can view and change settings from anywhere, access multiple thermostats if your system is zoned, and receive email alerts if the temperature reading is too high or too low. Any software updates for the thermostat are automatically done via Wi-Fi. The Resideo-Smart Home app is compatible with smartphones and tablets running iOS 13.0 or later, or Android 8.0 and up.
Works With Honeywell: The Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Thermostat works with several Smart Home systems, including those that use voice control to manage your devices:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): You can instruct "Alexa" to set the thermostat at a desired temperature, or raise/lower the temperature.
- Google Home: Starting with "OK Google", you can adjust the temperature, switch to heating or cooling, set the mode and temperature, and turn off the thermostat.
- Logitech Harmony: Harmony hub-based products are compatible with the thermostat to allow you to adjust the temperature from your smart device.
- IFTTT: Linking your thermostat with IFTTT (IF Then Then That), you can automatically make adjustments to your HVAC system. For example, a simple applet will turn on your heating or cooling system when the outside temperature (according to the Weather Channel app) reaches a preset high or low temperature.
- Apple HomeKit: Apple HomeKit lets you adjust the temperature remotely by using voice commands with Siri on your iPhone or iPad.
Scheduling: The Smart Lyric T5 Thermostat offers the following programming options:
- Location-based Scheduling: The thermostat uses your smartphone's location to know when you're away and when you're home. Using geofencing technology, the thermostat senses when you return home and makes your home comfortable when you arrive.
- Smart Scheduling: Uses a combination of geofencing and time scheduling.
- Time-based Scheduling: You can program the thermostat for 7 days in a variety of ways: Mon-Sun (every day the same), 5-1-1 schedule (Mon-Fri, Sat, Sun), 5-2 schedule (Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun), or Each Day (every day different). You can set the temperature for up to four time periods a day: Wake, Leave, Return, Sleep. The thermostat's precise comfort control keeps the room temperature within 1°F of the level you set.
- No Scheduling: You can control the thermostat manually by adjusting the temperature set points only.
Auto Changeover: In climates where both air conditioning and heating are used on the same day, the Auto Changeover feature can save you from having to manually switch between the two modes. In the Auto mode, the thermostat automatically selects heating or cooling depending upon the room temperature. Heat and cool settings must be at least 3 degrees apart.
Smart Response Technology: The thermostat's Smart Response Technology learns how long it takes for the furnace and air conditioner to reach the programmed temperature settings. If it takes 15 minutes for the unit to reach the programmed temperature, the thermostat will turn on the furnace or AC 15 minutes early so the room reaches the programmed temperature at the time you set. The message "Recovery" is displayed on the touchscreen when the system is activated before a scheduled time period.
Compressor Protection: Damage can occur if the compressor is restarted too soon after shutdown. The built-in Compressor Protection forces the compressor to wait 5 minutes before restarting. The display will show the message "Waiting for Equipment" while the Compressor Protection is activated.
Power Requirements: The Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Thermostat receives its power from a wire labeled "C." This "Common" wire brings 24VAC power from the heating/cooling system to the thermostat. Without a "C" wire, the thermostat will not power up, and it will not connect to your home network.
5 questions already asked