About the Honeywell Wi-Fi® Thermostat
A thermostat that's ready for anything
A thermostat that's ready for anything
The Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostat is programmable, so when your week unfolds in a predictable manner, you can set up a heating and cooling schedule and stick to it. After a couple of weeks, it can even learn your schedule and adjust accordingly. It also connects to your home Wi-Fi network, so you can remotely control the thermostat and make changes as needed.
Convenient voice control
More and more, we're able to control Smart Home devices by calling out commands. This thermostat responds to Honeywell's Total Connect Comfort voice command system (account activation required), and it's compatible with popular voice control assistants like Amazon's Alexa and Google Home, so you can expand your control network into every room of your home.
- large, easy-to-read display
- seven-day programmable with four programs for each day
- responds to Total Connect Comfort voice commands (account activation required)
- connects to your home Wi-Fi network so you can control it remotely
- learns your heating/cooling cycles to deliver the right temperature at the right time
- automatically changes from heating to cooling
- automatic software updates
- compatible with:
- DIY installation instructions included
- 5-3/4"W x 3-1/2"H x 1-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ZM6038
What's in the box:
- Wi-Fi programmable thermostat
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length 1")
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- User's Guide
- Quick Start Guide (Eng)
- Quick Start Guide (Span)
- Thermostat ID card
- Quick Reference Card
- WIring labels
- Mercury recycling notice
Honeywell Wi-Fi® Thermostat reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Honeywell Wi-Fi® Thermostat
Overview: The Honeywell RTH6580WF Wi-Fi 7-day Programmable Thermostat allows you to customize the heating/cooling schedule for each day of the week. This allows you to set the temperature to an energy-saving level while you are away from home or sleeping. The thermostat features a large, easy-to-read backlit display that shows the temperature setting and ambient temperature at all times. Buttons around the display let you set or override the schedules at any time. With built-in Wi-Fi, you can adjust the thermostat from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop from virtually anywhere. The RTH6580WF works with a wide variety of heating and cooling systems.
Compatible Systems: The thermostat is compatible with the following types of heating and cooling systems:
- Gas, oil, or electric heating with or without central air conditioning
- Heat pump with or without backup or auxiliary heat
- Central air conditioning only
- Multiple stage heating and cooling
Controls: The RTH6580WF features a 3" x 1-3/4" backlit display with 7 push-button controls around the display. To the right of the display are Up and Down buttons to change the temperature setting, and a Hold button to override the settings. Below the display are four soft buttons that have different functions according to the on-screen label immediately above each button.
Built-in Wi-Fi: The RTH6580WF can be controlled by your smartphone, tablet, or laptop through your home Wi-Fi network. Through the Total Connect Comfort app, you can view and change settings from anywhere, access multiple thermostats if your system is zoned, access multiple locations if you have systems in more than one location, and receive email alerts if the temperature reading is too high or too low. Any software updates for the thermostat are automatically done via Wi-Fi. The Honeywell Total Connect Comfort app is compatible with smartphones and tablets running iOS 9.0 or later, or Android 4.4 or above.
Works With Honeywell: The Honeywell Wi-Fi 7-day Programmable Thermostat works with several Smart Home systems, including those that use voice control to manage your devices:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): You can instruct "Alexa" to set the thermostat at a desired temperature, or raise/lower the temperature.
- Google Home: Starting with "OK Google", you can adjust the temperature, switch to heating or cooling, set the mode and temperature, and turn off the thermostat.
- Logitech Harmony: Harmony hub-based products are compatible with the thermostat to allow you to adjust the temperature from your smart device.
- IFTTT: Linking your thermostat with IFTTT (IF Then Then That), you can automatically make adjustments to your HVAC system. For example, a simple applet will turn on your heating or cooling system when the outside temperature (according to the Weather Channel app) reaches a preset high or low temperature.
Scheduling: The thermostat features a 7-day programmable schedule, allowing you to set the temperature for up to four time periods a day: Wake, Leave, Return, Sleep. Each day can be programmed independently. The thermostat's precise comfort control keeps the room temperature within 1°F of the level you set.
Schedule Overriding: If you need to ignore the schedule at any time, you can override the schedule, either temporarily or permanently. Pressing the Up or Down button (to adjust the temperature) will temporarily override the schedule until the next scheduled period begins. Pressing the Up or Down button to the desired temperature, and then pressing the Hold button, will permanently override the schedule. To resume the programmed schedule and cancel the override requires pressing the Run button.
Auto Changeover: In climates where both air conditioning and heating are used on the same day, the Auto Changeover feature can save you from having to manually switch between the two modes. In the Auto mode, the thermostat automatically selects heating or cooling depending upon the room temperature. Heat and cool settings must be at least 3 degrees apart.
Smart Response Technology: The thermostat's Smart Response Technology learns how long it takes for the furnace and air conditioner to reach the programmed temperature settings. If it takes 15 minutes for the unit to reach the programmed temperature, the thermostat will turn on the furnace or AC 15 minutes early so the room reaches the programmed temperature at the time you set. The message "Recovery" is displayed on the touchscreen when the system is activated before a scheduled time period.
Compressor Protection: Damage can occur if the compressor is restarted too soon after shutdown. The built-in Compressor Protection forces the compressor to wait 5 minutes before restarting. The display will flash "Wait" while the Compressor Protection is activated.
Power Requirements: The RTH6580WF receives its power from a wire labeled "C." This "Common" wire brings 24VAC power from the heating/cooling system to the thermostat. Without a "C" wire, the thermostat will not power up, and it will not connect to your home network.
4 questions already asked