About the Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat with Smart Room Sensor
Intelligent energy savings
Intelligent energy savings
Make it easy on yourself. The Honeywell T9 smart thermostat with smart room sensor is here to help you set and forget your home's climate controls.
The T9 offers flexible programming options like 7-day scheduling and geofencing — automatically changing modes when you leave or return to the house. And it takes humidity into account when heating and cooling your home. The included smart room sensor helps the T9 intelligently fine-tune your climate control.
The display is also intelligent. When the system is heating, the temperature read-out shows flame yellow, and when it's cooling, it turns a cool blue. And it's large enough that you can read it from across the room.
Convenient app and voice control
Download the free Honeywell Home mobile app, and you can remotely control the thermostat from the couch, or when you're away from home. It could make your vacation more relaxing. You can also control the T9 with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings and more.
In-app alerts can bring you a little extra peace-of-mind. You can get one when the temperature drops below or climbs above certain levels that you set. And you can create an alert for when it's time to change your air filter.
It learns your home's specific heating and cooling system
The T9 has smart learning features built-in. It can figure out how long it takes your system to heat or cool to your programmed temperatures. For example, let's say it learns that it takes 30 minutes to warm your living room up to 68 degrees. The T9 will start the system 30 minutes before the time you set, so it will be ready when you are.
A sensible solution
The T9 Smart Thermostat works with the included smart room sensor that detects temperature, humidity, and motion. You can add up to 20 of the aforementioned smart room sensors to keep temperatures comfortable in the rooms where you work, play and sleep.
When you add a sensor, it shows up in the multi-room display on the T9 thermostat's touchscreen — or in the free Honeywell Home app. Place a sensor in your office, or baby's bedroom, and prioritize settings in one or more of these rooms at a time based on a schedule you set.
Or base settings on whether or not someone is actually in a room. Smart room sensors can tell if someone is just passing through, or actually hanging out in a room. Your ideal temperature can literally follow you and your family around the house.
- large color touchscreen
- seven-day programmable temperature schedule
- 4 programmable periods per day
- auto change from heat to cool
- indoor humidity sensor
- Smart Response and Adaptive Recovery learn how long it takes your system to heat or cool to desired temperatures
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g/n)
- control with free Honeywell Home app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control assistants, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT, Cortana and more
- 200-foot sensor range
- expand with up to 20 smart room sensors to fine-tune your climate control
- sensor requires 2 "AAA" batteries (included)
- receive temperature change alerts
- receive filter change alerts
Dimensions and warranty:
- thermostat: 3-3/4"W x 4-15/16"H x 15/16"D
- sensor: 2-5/8"W x 2-5/8"H x 13/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RCHT9610WFSW2003/W
What's in the box:
- T9 Smart thermostat (white)
- UWP wallplate
- Room Sensor
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Sensor wall plate
- C-Wire Adapter with attached 16" pigtail
- Adapter adhesive wall mount
- 3 Mounting screws (length 1.5")
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- Installation Guide
- "Get More From Your Smart Thermostat" card
- FCC Compliance Statement
- C-Wire Adapter Guide
- Wire labels
Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat with Smart Room Sensor reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat with Smart Room Sensor
Overview: The Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat (RCHT9610WFS) helps to keep your house comfortable in every room. When connected to your home's Wi-Fi, you can control the thermostat from anywhere using your smartphone and the Honeywell Home app. The T9 also lets you prioritize specific rooms with the included wireless Smart Room Sensor (additional sensors sold separately). The thermostat comes with wall mounts for the thermostat and sensor, and a C-Wire adapter (needed for 24V AC powered systems).
Compatibility: The T9 Smart Thermostat is compatible with most heating, cooling, and heat pump systems. It does not work with electric baseboard heat (120-240V), or with millivolt systems. It does not support S terminals for indoor and outdoor sensors. The thermostat is also compatible with Android or iOS smartphones, tablets, and devices that are using the Honeywell Home app.
Wi-Fi: The thermostat communicates wirelessly via Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) in the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Up to 20 optional wireless Smart Room Sensors can be added within a 200-foot range.
Operations: The Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat gives you lots of flexibility in scheduling your home's comfort:
- Time-based Scheduling: Like many programmable thermostats, you can set a timed-based schedule with four adjustable periods per day (Wake, Away, Home, Sleep), and custom schedules for each day of the week.
- Location-based Temperature Control: The thermostat can be set to automatically control the temperature in your home, based on geofence technology. Using the Honeywell Home app, you can create a geofence or a radius around your home. When your smartphone's location is inside the geofence, you can program the thermostat to use the "Home" temperature settings. If your smartphone's location is outside of the geofence, you can program the thermostat to use the "Away" or "Sleep" settings. With multiple users, the control will activate based on the last person who leaves or the first person to return to the geofenced area. This type of control saves you energy (and money) when you leave, and make your home comfortable by the time you return. A Sleep period can be added to Location-based Temperature Control to save energy at night while you're sleeping.
- Schedule Using Sensors: Up to 20 Smart Room Sensors can be programmed to the thermostat to monitor the temperature, humidity, and motion in areas of your home up to 200 feet from the thermostat. You can manually prioritize a specific room or multiple rooms, or let motion detection determine the room's priority. The sensors detect motion up to 20 feet away using a PIR (Passive Infrared) sensor. The thermostat does not detect motion. (See note below on Sensor Priority.)
- No Schedule: You can choose not to set a schedule, and adjust the thermostat manually.
Sensor Priority: When wireless Smart Room Sensors are used, you can manually select which ones are used for temperature control. You can also set up the thermostat to automatically select the sensors that detect motion, designating that room as an "active room." The motion sensor has a 10 minute timeout, and the room will revert back to "unoccupied" if no additional motion is detected during that period of time. The thermostat and all active rooms will contribute to an average temperature. Unselected or inactive rooms do not contribute to the average temperature.
Note: With a single thermostat, you can not independently set the temperature in selected rooms. The temperatures in the rooms with a sensor are averaged with the temperature at the thermostat to determine the action of the system.
Display: The Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat has a 1-7/8" x 2-7/8" LCD touchscreen display. The display shows the current indoor temperature and indoor humidity. Two arrows let you adjust the desired temperature up or down. The Current Priority setting is shown at the top with the number of rooms (with connected sensors) are being prioritized. The Main Menu lets you set the System Mode (Heat, Cool, Auto, Emergency Heat, and Off), and Fan (Auto, On, Circulate) settings. You can also manage devices and sensors in the menu.
Honeywell Home App: You can control the T9 Smart Thermostat through the Honeywell Home app (formerly known as the Honeywell Lyric app). Like the touchscreen on the thermostat, the app lets you view the current temperature, humidity, and priority setting. You can adjust the temperature, system mode, fan settings, and set schedules. If using Location-based Temperature Control, the app lets you set the diameter of the geofence around your home. The Honeywell Home app lets you manage multiple thermostats, as well as multiple users in a household. The app is compatible with Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch device running iOS 11.0 or later and the Apple Watch with watchOS 3.0 or later. It is also compatible with Android devices (version varies w/device).
Voice Assistants: The T9 Smart Thermostat works with several of the leading voice assistants, including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as Microsoft's Cortana and Apple HomeKit. It also works with the IFTTT (If This, Then That) service allows you to pull together apps, services, and smart home devices.
Installation Note: The Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat is powered by 24-volts from the HVAC transformer using the "C" (Common) wire. Systems that do not have a "C" wire can use the included C-Wire Adapter.
3 questions already asked