About the Marantz AV7005
Receivers too tame for you? Step up to separates
Receivers too tame for you? Step up to separates
Looking for an extra shot of adrenaline with your action flicks and extreme video games? Then you need the power and precision that only separates can deliver. Marantz's sleek, sophisticated AV7005 preamp-processor and its companion MM7055 5 x 140-watt amplifier supply the rush you're after.
Sound so real, you'll be dodging the bullets
Use the Audyssey MultEQ XT six-point auto setup and room calibration system to tailor the sound to your listening space. Audyssey DSX processing in included for height and width effects when you connect additional front speakers.Watch a video on how Audyssey MultiEQ improves sound in your room.
The AV7005 uses the supplied microphone to analyze sound from up to six different listening positions, then automatically adjusts level, equalization, and delay settings for each of your speakers.
Superb video processing
The AV7005 includes Anchor Bay's ABT2015 10-bit processor. This sophisticated video engine provides exceptional performance and convenience. You can connect all your video sources, from a new 3D-capable Blu-ray player to an old VCR. The Marantz ensures all the signals look their best, even the non-HD ones, and sends them to your HDTV via a single HDMI connection.
Great sound from your iPod® and networked music sources
Control music from your iPod® or iPhone® through the front USB port. An Ethernet port lets you connect to your network and play music files stored on your computer. Enjoy Internet radio, Rhapsody®, Napster®, and Pandora® music, plus photos on Flickr. You can also stream wirelessly from your compatible device with the optional RX-101 Bluetooth® receiver. Add an optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit to enjoy SIRIUS satellite programming. Marantz's M-DAX2® Dynamic Audio Expander circuitry restores fidelity to "lossy" music files.
Unleash your iTunes® music with a free upgrade to AirPlay®
Apple's exciting AirPlay technology lets you access your favorite music from your iPhone®, iPad, iPod touch®, or your iTunes library on your computer using this Marantz receiver. You'll be able to control iTunes and see music information, including your album art, track titles, and artist info on your compatible Apple device, or on your TV if your Marantz receiver is equipped with a video output. First you will need a free firmware upgrade. Go to the Marantz website for instructions on how to download and activate the upgrade. Requires a wireless home network. Receiver requires wired connection to the router.
Multi-source, multi-room output
Watch one program in your living room while your kids enjoy another in the den. At the same time, your spouse can listen to music in the kitchen. Marantz's MM7055 five-channel amp and a powered subwoofer or two will get you started in your home theater. For 7- or 9-channel surround systems or a multi-room audio setup, add one of more of the MM7025 stereo amps. For custom-tailored help using the AV7005 in a multi-room system, call Crutchfield's Audio/Video Designers.
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Pro Logic® IIz
- Apple AirPlay®-ready with free firmware upgrade from Marantz
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ XT six-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Audyssey DSX processing for enhanced surround sound height and width effects using additional front speakers
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to maintain steady listening levels
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller surround sound at lower volumes
- iPod®/iPhone® integration through front-panel USB input
- DLNA-certified to stream music (MP3, WAV, AAC, FLAC, and WMA) and photos from a compatible Windows computer
- streams music from Internet radio statiions, Rhapsody®, Napster®, and Pandora®, plus photos from Flickr (broadband connection required)
- Bluetooth® streaming with optional RX-101 receiver
- SIRIUS satellite radio capable (requires SIRIUS subscription and optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit)
- analog audio outputs for second and third audio zones
- 192kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- direct mode switches off unnecessary circuitry to provide cleaner sound
- Marantz M-DAX2® enhances the sound quality of compressed music files
- on-screen overlaid display for easier setup and operation
- 60 AM/FM/SIRIUS presets
- multibrand, backlit, learning remote
- 17-3/8"W x 7-5/16"H x 17"D
- weight: 24.2 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 7.2-channel balanced XLR preamp outputs (European pin configuration matches Marantz MM7055 amplifier)
- 1080p-compatible HDMI switching (6 in, 2 out)
- HDMI version 1.4a with support for 3D video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- Audio Return Channel function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner via HDMI
- component video switching (3 in, 2 out)
- digital audio inputs: 3 optical and 2 coaxial
- 1 optical output
- 5 audio/video inputs, including:
- 1 front-panel input with composite video
- 4 rear-panel inputs with composite video
- 2 audio-only inputs
- phono input
- Ethernet port for music and JPEG streaming from a wired PC network Note: You might experience network dropouts when using AirPlay with an iPhone 4S. Apple is working to fix this software problem.
- MFR # AV7005
What's in the box:
- AV surround preamplifier
- 5.5' AC power cord
- RC011SR Learning remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Audyssey microphone (ACM1H) with attached 24' cord terminated by a male 3.5mm minijack connector
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- User Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- USA Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
Marantz AV7005 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Marantz AV7005
Preamp/Processor Advantage: Delegating the amplification duties to a separate component allows the Marantz AV7005 AV Surround Preamplifier to keep a healthy distance between noise-inducing high voltage/high current circuits and sensitive low-level circuits. This means that the radio frequency and electromagnetic interferences that are found in most AV receivers simply don't exist in a preamplifier/processor, or are reduced by several orders of magnitude. The result is less distortion and less signal degradation in general.
Note: The Marantz AV7005 AV Surround Preamplifier does not feature a built-in amplifier and requires a separate power amplifier such as the Marantz MM7055 five-channel power amplifier (642MM7055, sold separately).
Current Feedback Topology: The Marantz AV7005 uses a high-speed current feedback amplifier circuit for its preamplifier so that audio signals from a Blu-ray Disc player and other equipment that support high-definition audio formats can be listened to with high fidelity. Current Feedback technology offers faster signal handling and extended frequency range. Current feedback circuits track rapid sonic changes more accurately and thus sound more natural. Current feedback topology insures astounding accuracy and control even under high-drive conditions.
Isolated Audio Circuit Board: The carefully-optimized audio/video signal paths rests on separate circuit boards for maximum performance as well as isolation from interferences generated by high-speed video processing.
HDAMs (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules): The AV7005 utilizes Marantz's proprietary HDAM (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Module) circuits for dynamic music and soundtrack reproduction. HDAMs combine the short signal path advantages of ICs (integrated circuit) and op-amps (operational amplifier) with the superior sound quality of separate circuit components. Because HDAMs are discrete designs, Marantz engineers are free to choose the parts best able to preserve the sonic details of your favorite sources.
24-Bit, 192 kHz D/A Converters: The AV7005 uses 24-bit/192-kHz Digital-to-Analog converters for all channels. The 192kHz sampling and 24-bit word length capabilities of the DACs allows you to play high-resolution recordings and hear the increased clarity, detail and dynamic range of those recordings.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): The Marantz AV7005 is equipped with a high-resolution SHARC 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP). All elements of the Surround Processor are optimized to the highest standards by the use of selected high performance and discrete components, particularly the A/D and D/A converters and the sophisticated DSP surround decoder. The AV7005 is equipped with various surround modes to reproduce a variety of surround sound effects, according to the content of the source to be played. The AV surround preamplifier features Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD decoding; as well as offers Dolby Pro Logic II (x/z) audio processing.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital, Dolby, Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS: DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo: 6, DTS Neural
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Pro Logic IIz
Note: Dolby Digital and DTS listening modes can only be selected if your audio source is connected to the A/V preamplifier via a digital audio connection (HDMI, optical, or coaxial). To enjoy true 7.1ch Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD surround sound, the preamp must be connected to your Blu-ray player via HDMI.
Audyssey Technology: The Marantz AV7005 features a full package of Audyssey audio technologies for optimal sound quality.
- Audyssey Automated Setup: Audyssey MultEQ XT technology
adapted by this AV surround preamplifier provides the best listening
environment for multiple listeners. The Auto MultEQ Setup feature of the
AV7005 measures sound characteristics of your speaker system and room where
the AV surround preamplifier is used and automatically optimizes settings.
To do this, the Auto Setup feature measures a test tone emitted by each
channel in a maximum of 8 listening positions, using the supplied
microphone. The measurement results are analyzed using an original algorithm
and environmental settings are made to improve the sound characteristics of
your listening area. If you prefer, you can manually setup up your speaker
configurations. You can select the size and presence of each speaker, the
distance of each speaker from your normal listening position, the level of
each speaker in your system, and the crossover frequency setting for each
speaker. You can set the Audyssey MultEQ XT to one of the following modes.
- Audyssey: This mode adjust the frequency characteristics of all speakers so as to create the best listening environment for the sound characteristics of your listening area.
- Audyssey Bypass L/R: Optimizes frequency response of speakers, except front (left & right) speakers.
- Flat: This mode flattens the frequency characteristics of all speakers. It is suited for playback of multi-channel music such as Dolby Digital and DTS.
- Manual EQ: This mode independently adjusts the AV surround preamplifier's 9-band graphic equalizer (63Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 16kHz) for each of the 7 channels.
- Off: The graphic equalizer is not use.
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ solves the
problem of deteriorating sound quality as volume is decreased by taking into
account human perception and room acoustics. Audyssey Dynamic EQ works in
tandem with Audyssey MultEQ to provide well-balanced sound for every
listener at any volume level.
- Reference Level Offset: Audyssey Dynamic EQ is referenced to the standard film mix level of 85dB SPL for -20 dBFS. Due, to the lack of standard outside the film industry, the film reference level may not be appropriate when listening to other material. Audyssey Dynamic EQ Adjust provides three offsets from the film level reference (5dB, 10dB, or 15dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume solves the problem of large variations in volume level between television programs, commercials, and between the soft and loud passages of movies. Audyssey Dynamic EQ is integrated into Dynamic Volume so that as the playback volume is adjusted automatically, the perceived bass response, tonal balance, surround impression, and dialogue clarity remain the same. The amount of compression can be set to an of the following three levels - Light, Medium, or High.
- Audyssey DSX (Dynamic Surround Expansion): Audyssey DSX is a scalable surround exposition system that adds new channels to improve the surround impression. Based on research in human hearing, Audyssey DSX add a pair of Wide channels in the front because that information is critical in the rendering of a realistic soundstage. Audyssey DSX then adds a pair of Height channels above the main front channels to reproduce the next most important acoustical and perceptual cues related to soundstage depth. In addition to creating these new channels, Audyssey DSX applies Surround Envelopment Processing to enhance the blend between the front and side/back surround channels. The result is a much more seamless and enveloping home theater experience.
Surround Parameters: You can adjust the following surround mode parameters:
- Dolby Pro Logic II Music Settings: While listening in
the Dolby Pro Logic II Music format, there are three further enhancements
you can adjust:
- Panorama: Broadens the front stereo image to the surround speakers to provide a wraparound effect, especially effective when there is limited output from the surround channels, panorama can be turned on/off in the menu.
- Dimension: Allows you to move the sound field forward or backward.
- Center Width: Allows you to adjust the width of the center channel.
- Center Image: In the Neo:6 Music mode, the Center Image feature adjusts the output of the left and right channels relative to the center channel, allowing you to make the center channel more or less dominant as needed. This improves the image of the center channel, especially when the listener is off-center. Adjustment varies from 7 (nothing subtracted from the L/R channels) to 0 (L/R channel output is cut in half).
- Height Gain: Adjust the volume (Low/Mid/High) of the Front Height channels in Dolby Pro Logic IIz.
- Stage Height/Width: Adjust the sound stage width/height (+/-10dB) when using Front Height or Front Wide speaker in Audyssey DSX.
Direct Modes: The Marantz AV7005 offers two Direct sound modes which offer high-quality sound by bypassing the preamp's DSP & video circuitry.
- Source Direct: In this mode the 2ch audio signal is played in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Multichannel audio signal is played in its original form, without any tone processing.
- Pure Direct: This mode is for playback in higher sound quality than in Direct mode. The display and analog video circuitry are turned off to minimize the possibility of any noise being added to the signal.
Stereo Modes: The Marantz AV7005 surround preamplifier also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers.
- 2CH Stereo: This is the mode for playing in 2-channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer.
- Multi-Channel Stereo: This mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers.
- Virtual Speaker: Enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Dolby Headphone Mode: You can also enjoy listening to multi-channel surround sound through headphones using these Dolby HP modes - Dolby Headphone, Dolby Pro Logic Headphone, Dolby Headphone Bypass (stereo).
HT-EQ: The tonal balance of a film soundtrack will be excessively bright and harsh when played back over audio equipment in the home. This is because film soundtracks were designed to be played back in large movie theater environments. Activating the AV surround preamplifier's HT-EQ feature when watching a film made from movie theaters corrects this and restores the correct tonal balance.
Surround Parameters: You adjust surround sound parameters to customize your audio listening experience.
- Center Image: You can also adjust the Center Gain to expand the sound image from the center channel in DTS NEO: 6 mode.
- Center Width: The Center Width feature allows you to gradually spread the center channel sound into the front left and right speakers in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Dimension: This feature adjusts the sound-field either towards the front or towards the rear of your system. This can be useful to help achieve a more suitable balance from all the speaker with certain recordings in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Panorama: Panorama wraps the sound of the front left and right speakers around you, for an exciting perspective in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Height Gain: This feature controls the front height channel volume in Pro Logic IIz mode.
- LFE Level: This function selects the output level of the LFE signal included in the Dolby Digital signal or the DTS signal. You can select from 0 to -10 dB.
Tone Control: You can adjust the tonal quality of the sound by adjusting the AV surround preamplifier's bass and treble independently from -6 to +6 dB.
M-DAX: This function makes up for lost audio content in MP3, WMA, or AAC sources during playback. It can be set to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
Source Level: This function corrects the playback level (+/-12db) of the selected input source's audio input. Make this setting if there are differences in the input volume levels between the different sources.
Volume Settings: You can adjust the unit's maximum volume, power on level, and mute level.
- Volume Limit: Set the AV surround preamplifier's maximum volume level to -20dB, -10dB, 0dB, or None.
- Power On Level: Define the volume setting (-80 to +18dB, Last) that is active when the power is turned on.
- Mute Level: Set the amount of attenuation (Full, -40dB, or -20dB) when muting is activated.
Note: You can also adjust the AV surround preamplifier's Zone 2 & 3 Volume Level and Volume Limit.
Digital Inputs/Output: There are 2 coaxial digital inputs and 3 optical digital inputs (one on front). The inputs accept digital audio signals from a compact disc, DVD, Blu-ray, or other digital source component. There is also 1 optical digital output. The digital output can be connected to a CD or DVD recorder.
Balanced/Unbalanced Preamp Outputs: The AV7005 features both unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR preamp outputs.
- Balanced: The AV7005 features Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right, and two Subwoofer balanced XLR preamp outputs to connect the preamplifier/processor to an external 7-channel power amplifier, such as the Marantz MM7055.
- Unbalanced: The AV7005 features Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right, Height left, Height right, Wide left, Wide right, and two Subwoofer unbalanced RCA preamp outputs to connect the preamplifier/processor to an external 11-channel power amplifier. The dedicated front height & wide preamp outputs and surround back preamp outputs let you enjoy Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD, and Pro Logic IIz without reconnecting speakers.
7.1 Channel Input: The AV7005 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound. If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input.
Bi-Amp Connection: A bi-amp connection is possible with speakers that have two set of inputs by combining the Front and Surround Back channels. This allows you to drive the treble and bass units with separate channels amps, which enable better sound quality. The Surround Back speaker connections and Front channel speaker connection of your power amplifier will need to be connected to your speakers.
Headphone Output: The AV surround preamplifier features a 1/4" stereo headphone jack on its front panel for connecting a pair of optional headphones. The unit's speakers will automatically be turned off when a set of headphones are connected.
10 HD Inputs: The Marantz AV7005 is equipped with ten HD inputs. Six HDMI (ver.1.4a) inputs (up to 1080/24p capable) let you connect a high-definition satellite AV surround preamplifier, Blu-ray Disc player, and game system for high definition video and audio. Four component inputs (1080/60i capable) provide added HD-capable connectivity and versatility.
- HDMI (ver.1.4a): The AV surround preamplifier is equipped with six HDMI (ver.1.4) inputs (one on front) for connecting HDMI-equipped audio/video components. All six HDMI inputs are capable of carrying uncompressed digital audio and video up to 1080p. There are two HDMI (v.1.4) outputs which allow you to transmit the same video signal to two televisions (one at a time only). The HDMI output 1 supports the ARC (Audio Return Channel) function. All HDMI (v.1.4) connections support 24p playback, x.v. color, deep color, 3D video, and standby pass-through.
- Component Video (Y, Cb, Cr): This unit features four component video inputs, a component video monitor output, and a component video Zone 2 output. These jacks feature an 60 MHz bandwidth, making them capable of passing high-definition video signals. The component video inputs and outputs will support 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i video signals.
HDMI Upscaling: The Marantz AV surround preamplifier features a high-precision Anchor Bay (ABT2015) 10-bit video scaler. The ABT2015 10-bit processor, Anchor Bay's fourth-generation video engine, provides exceptional performance including transcoding, deinterlacing, and scaling to give you the flexibility and convenience you need to connect and display all your audio/video components. The AV7005 can take an analog video input (composite or component) and up-convert it to HDMI so the video signal can be passed through the AV surround preamplifier's HDMI terminal to your television via a single HDMI cable up to 1080p. The Marantz AV7005 will also upscale incoming lower resolution (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i) HDMI video signals to 1080p through the AV surround preamplifier' HDMI monitor output. The AV surround preamplifier's HDMI inputs and monitor output will support 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signals.
Note: Composite video signals can be upconverted to Component video without any scaling. The AV surround preamplifier cannot down-convert video signals.
I/P Convert: The video circuit of the AV surround preamplifier is equipped with an I/P conversion feature. When this feature is active, 480i analog video signals input from a playback device can be converted to 480p and progressively output to the component video or HDMI monitor out terminals on the AV7005.
1080/24p: When connected to a 1080/24p Blu-ray player and flat-panel HDTV, you can enjoy remarkable video performance of Blu-ray which brings out the full character of film material.
3D-Ready: This AV surround preamplifier supports input and output of 3D (three-dimensional) video signals through its HDMI (v1.4a) connections. 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be required.
x.v.Color: The AV surround preamplifier supports x.v.Color, offering a wider color range than the current broadcast standard. For the x.v.Color feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
Deep Color: The Marantz AV surround preamplifier also supports Deep Color which allows the color depth of video signals passing through HDMI to be raised. The number of colors that could be expressed by 1 pixel was 24 bits (16,777,216 colors) with a standard HDMI jack. However, the number of colors which can be expressed by 1 pixel is 36 bits with a Deep Color enabled HDMI jack. Since the gradation of the depth of a color can be expressed more finely with more bits, continuous color changes can be more smoothly expressed. For the Deep Color feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
Auto Lipsync Correction: Video signals may take longer to process than audio signals depending on the connected video equipment. When the unit is connected to a TV or Projector which supports Auto Lipsync Correction, audio and video can be automatically synchronized using this function. The Lipsync feature can also me set manually from 0 to 200 ms (in 10 ms steps).
Audio Return Channel (ARC): If the connected TV has HDMI version 1.4 and supports ARC, the audio signal can be transferred from the TV (when its internal tuner is used) to the AV7005 through the HDMI cable (using the unit's HDMI output 1), so a second cable isn't needed.
HDMI Standby Pass Through: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through feature allows you to choose which HDMI input remains accessible when the AV surround preamplifier is powered off, so you can view back an HDMI source on your TV even when the AV surround preamplifier is in standby mode. You can select between any HDMI input or the Last HDMI input you were viewing when you turned the AV surround preamplifier off.
Video Settings: The Marantz AV7005 provides the following video settings to suit your video source and content.
- Video Modes: 3 Video Modes to choose from - Auto, Movie, or Game.
- Aspect Ratio: You can set the aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:) for the video signal output through the HDMI monitor output jack.
- Picture Adjust: Adjust the contrast, brightness, chroma level, hue, DNR (digital noise reduction), and Enhancer (contours) of the AV surround preamplifier's HDMI monitor output.
Front-Panel A/V Input: The AV surround preamplifier features a front-panel AV input which consists of a composite video, stereo RCA, and optical digital jack.
Network Connection: You can connect the AV7005's RJ-45 (LAN) Ethernet port to your home's network and playback music & photo files that are stored on your computer. You can also listen to internet radio through the AV surround preamplifier's network connection.
Note: This unit's RJ-45 Ethernet port supports 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX and requires an Ethernet (LAN) category 5 or higher cable, Router, Modem, and Internet connection.
DLNA Certified: The AV7005's Ethernet connection is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 certified and Windows 7 compliant. This means it's easier for you access and enjoy digital music stored on your PC through your home audio system.
Media Player: The AV7005 lets you play music files and picture files stored on your computer via a network connection. Music and picture files can be preset and registered to your favorites for instant playback.
- Audio File Playback: MP3 (32-320 kbps), WMA (48-192 kbps), AAC (16-320 kbps), WAV (16-bit), and FLAC (16/20/24-bit) audio files stored on your computer can be played through the Marantz AV7005 via its network connection. You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the AV7005. The AV surround preamplifier also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and WMA META tag information so song title, artist name, album name, and album art can be displayed on your connected television.
- Picture File Playback: Still picture (JPEG) files stored on your computer can be played as slide shows on a connected TV through the AV surround preamplifier's network connection. The duration each picture is displayed can be adjusted (5-60 secs).
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11)
Internet Radio: The Marantz AV7005 lets you access Internet Radio stations from around the world. Internet Radio stations in MP3 and WMA format are supported. You can choose from thousands of Internet Radio stations and sort them by genre and region. You can store up to 56 Internet Radio stations as presets. The unit will automatically save up to 20 of the most recently played stations. Your favorite Internet Radio stations are displayed at the top of the menu screen on your connected TV. You can listen to your favorite music through the following Internet Radio services - Rhapsody, Napster, and Pandora.
- Napster: The monthly music subscription service Napster is accessible. You can search for particular tracks on Napster and register your favorite tracks to the "My Napster Library".
- Pandora: Once the AV surround preamplifier is registered with your Pandora account, you can listen to the automated music recommendation and Internet Radio service. You can create up to 100 original radio stations. You can sort tracks within these radio stations. You can skip up to 6 tracks that are being played back within 1 hour.
- Rhapsody: Rhapsody is another paid music broadcast service accessible through the AV surround preamplifier. You can search for particular tracks on Rhapsody and register your favorite tracks to "My Library". You can also search for similar music to the music you are currently listening to.
Note: This AV surround preamplifier's Internet Radio Station list is created using a radio station database service (vTuner). This database service provides a list edited and created for this unit
HD Radio: The AV7005 features a built-in HD AM/FM tuner. HD radio stations offer higher sound quality than conventional FM/AM broadcasts. HD FM stations sound as great as CD quality while HD AM sounds a rich as analog FM stereo. A variety of data services, including text-based information, song title, artist name, album name, and genre can be received and displayed. In addition to conventional broadcast, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 4 multicast programs (HD1/HD2/HD3/HD4). The AV7005's tuner also supports analog AM/FM stations.
Sirius Satellite Radio Ready: The Marantz AV7005 can be connected to the optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit (607SCH1 or 220SCH2P, sold separately), allowing you to receive Sirius Satellite Radio through the AV surround preamplifier. The display shows channel name, number, category, artist, or song title. Up to 56 Sirius Satellite Radio stations can be preset. A subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio is required.
Photo Sharing: The Marantz AV7005 lets you share your photos with Flickr. Flickr is an on-line photo sharing service; you can create an account, upload your photos, and access them using the AV7005. You can also view photos made public by other users.
USB Port: The Marantz AV7005 is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for easy, direct connection of a USB mass storage class (MSC) device with audio and still image files.
- Audio File Playback: The front-panel USB port supports playback of MP3 (32-320 kbps), WMA (48-192 kbps), AAC (16-320 kbps), WAV (16-bit), and FLAC (16/20/24-bit) audio files recorded in FAT 16 or FAT 32 onto a USB mass storage class (MSC) device. You can control music playback from the AV surround preamplifier and remote control. The unit also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and WMA META tag information so song title, artist name, album name, and album art (only TV) can be displayed the AV surround preamplifier and on your connected television.
- Still Image Playback: Still picture (JPEG) files stored on a USB memory device can be played back as a slide-show. The duration each picture is displayed can be set (5-60 secs).
Note: Copyright-protected files cannot be played. USB memory devices will not work via a USB hub. It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the unit's USB port using a USB cable.
iPod Direct: The unit's front-panel USB (type-A) port can also be used to directly connect your Apple iPod or iPhone. You can listen to music files from your iPod/iPhone by simply connecting the iPod/iPhone to the AV7005's front-panel USB port using the USB/Dock cable that came with your Apple iPod/iPhone. The Marantz AV7005 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display (on AV surround preamplifier & TV), and charging of select iPod/iPhones. The USB connection features digital audio signal handling, which routes the digital signal to the AV7005's 24 bit/192 kHz audiophile quality D/A converters for optimum fidelity. You can choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone from the AV7005's remote control or from your iPod/iPhone's click-wheel/touch-screen. The Marantz AV7005 is "Made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 1/11/2013):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||AirPlay||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream your favorite songs directly from your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad, or from your iTunes library on your PC or Mac to the Marantz AV7005. Using the Remote App on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad and your wireless home network, you don't even need to be in the same room as the components or your computer to play, pause, skip, and stop the songs in your iTunes music library. You will even see the iTunes music information, including your track titles and artist info on your Apple compatible device or the Marantz AV preamplifier.
Note: This AirPlay compatible component requires a free firmware upgrade to enjoy this exclusive technology, using the receiver's "Feature Upgrade" function. Visit Marantz.com for firmware upgrade.
Front Panel Design: The AV surround preamplifier's front panel features a combination of aluminum extrusion and glass-reinforced resin which shields internal circuitry and absorbs internal and external resonances. The front panel is clean, precise, and inviting. Volume and input selection knobs flank a round volume/source display. A drop- down door hides secondary controls and connectors to maintain that classic look while providing easy access to the extensive features of the AV7005.
Dual-Line High Density Dot-Matrix Display: In addition to the round volume/source display centered on the front panel, there's a second and even more comprehensive source of information behind the panel's drop-down door. This display shows menu choices for custom setup and other data to help you get the most out of your new AV surround preamplifier.
On-Screen GUI: The AV surround preamplifier incorporates an on-screen color GUI (Graphic User Interface) menu system which makes various operations and menu selections visible on your connected television set. To view the on-screen GUI, you will need to connect the Monitor Out jack of the AV surround preamplifier to the composite, component video, or HDMI input of your television.
Multi Zone: The AV7005's Zone System mode allows the same audio/video source or different audio/video sources to be heard and viewed in other rooms other than where the AV surround preamplifier is installed. The Marantz AV surround preamplifier features a Main Audio/Video Zone (Main), a Second Audio/Video Zone (Zone 2), and a Third Audio Only Zone (Zone 3).
- Main Zone: The Main Zone allows up to 7.1-channel playback of your audio/video gear in your main entertainment room.
- Audio/Video Zone 2: The Audio/Video Zone 2 allows audio/video playback of another audio source connected to the AV surround preamplifier in another room of your home via left/right RCA audio output and composite or component video connections to a separate amplifier and display monitor.
- Audio Only Zone 3: The Audio Only Zone 3 allows audio playback of another audio source connected to the AV surround preamplifier in another room of your home via left/right RCA audio output connections to a separate amplifier.
Note: When the input source to which the digital input connectors (Optical/Coaxial) are assigned is selected in Zone 2 or Zone 3, playback is only possible if the digital signal being input is in PCM (2-channel) format). It is not possible to play the digital audio/video signals input from the HDMI terminals in Zone 2 or Zone 3 (use analog connections only).
Front Panel Lock: You can lock all the controls on the front panel of the unit, accept for the Power button, to prevent anyone else from changing the settings on your AV surround preamplifier.
Setup Lock: This feature protects your AV surround preamplifier's settings from inadvertently being changed.
Input Name: The names of the AV surround preamplifier input functions can be changed as desired. The maximum number of characters that can be registered for the names is 8, including spaces. The function names that you register will appear on the unit's display.
Last Function Memory: This function store the settings which were made before going into the standby mode. When the power is turned back one, the settings are restored.
Sleep Timer: The AV surround preamplifier offers a Sleep Timer which will automatically turn the unit off after 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, or 120 minutes.
Learning Remote: The provided IR wireless remote control is a universal learning remote control. The remote features a adjustable backlit LCD window which displays information about the sources and modes selected from the remote control. The remote control's buttons are also backlit with a press of a button. This remote is preset with remote codes for Marantz AV components. The remote also contains codes for other manufactures which can be programmed. In addition, the remote control is capable of learning and storing codes used by other remote controls (this remote is capable of learning around 160 codes). You can use the remote control to program a series of button operations in sequence. This remote can remember up to 6 macro functions; each macro can record a maximum of 10 steps.
HDMI Control: When you make an HDMI connection between the Marantz AV surround preamplifier and a HDMI control-function compatible TV or Blu-ray/DVD player, you can perform the following operations.
- The AV surround preamplifier can be turned off with the TV's remote.
- You can switch audio output devices from the TV remote.
- You can adjust the AV surround preamplifier's volume with the TV remote.
- You can switch the AV surround preamplifier's input sources through the TV remote.
- When playing a Blu-ray/DVD player, the AV surround preamplifier automatically switches to the input source of the player.
Remote Connections: The AV surround preamplifier offers a variety of remote inputs and outputs.
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the AV7005 from each of its zones from an external key-pad (sold separately)
- DC Trigger Output: The two DC trigger outputs (3.5mm) allow you to connect two external devices so they can be turned on by the AV7005.
- Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the AV7005 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
- RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
Bluetooth Ready: Through its proprietary M-Xport, the AV7005 offers Bluetooth capability. Simply add the optional RX101 Bluetooth adaptor (642RX101, sold separately) to the AV7005 and you can play the music stored on any Bluetooth-enabled portable device (your iPhone, iPod Touch, or PDA for example) through your home theater system. The optional RX101 doubles as an IR (infrared) AV surround preamplifier so you can place all your components out of sight and still maintain full remote control.