About the Marantz CD6005
Seriously musical sound
Enjoy impressive sonic performance from every disc in your CD library or every music track on your iPod or iPhone with the Marantz CD6005. This capable disc player serves up rich, organic sound, revealing layers of subtle details that will have you exploring your music collection deep into the night. How'd they do it? First, Marantz got all the technical details right, borrowing technology from their top-notch Reference series players for vanishingly low distortion, ruler flat frequency response, and ultra-low noise levels. And then they took one more highly important step, fine-tuning the sound to impart life and musicality that go beyond mere technical perfection. This is the hallmark of all great audio components.
Trickle-down technology for top performance
The CD6005 features a range of reference-class technologies from Marantz's high-end disc players for out-of-this-world performance at a more down to earth price. Its precision disc transport and double-layered bottom chassis resist vibrations that can adversely affect sound. Marantz's exclusive HDAM op-amps in the D/A and analog output stages use discrete circuit elements in place of noisy, low-powered integrated circuits to provide wider dynamic range and frequency response for the utmost musical fidelity. A high-current power supply delivers plenty of clean juice for lively, low-noise playback.
Better sound from your iPod and headphones, too
Marantz also outfitted the CD6005 with a handy front-panel USB port that lets you plug in an iPod, iPhone, iPad®, or even a thumb drive that's loaded with tunes for listening through your home audio system. Plus, this direct digital connection bypasses your player's built-for-earbuds circuitry, taking advantage of the CD6005's high-end digital-to-analog-converter for the best possible sound from your portable music library.
The '6005 also boasts a built-in headphone amplifier with an all-discrete component design for robust output and the ability to properly drive a wide variety of headphones, regardless of impedance or sensitivity. The gold-plated, full-sized output jack is compatible with audiophile headphones, and is equipped with an independent front-panel volume control for convenient, high-quality private listening.
Looking for a great amplifier to pair with this CD player? Check out the Marantz PM6005.
- plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs plus MP3, WMA, and AAC CDs
- front-panel USB input (type A) for USB flash drive, iPod®, iPad®, or iPhone®
- USB input supports WAV, MP3, AAC, and WMA file playback
- high-performance 192kHz/24-bit Cirrus Logic CS4398 digital-to-analog converter
- double-layered metal bottom plate for vibration resistance
- centralized disc mechanism resists vibration for improved sound quality
- Marantz HDAM® (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module)-SA2 used in analog circuitry for faster signal transfer and better transient response
- robust, high-speed power supply for rich, dynamic sound
- optical and coaxial digital outputs
- gold-plated stereo analog outputs
- built-in headphone amplifier with full-size headphone jack and volume control
- remote control input/output (for use with Marantz receivers and amps with a compatible remote control in/out jack)
- detachable power cable
- frequency response: 2Hz - 20kHz
- dynamic range: 100 dB
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- total harmonic distortion: 0.002%
- 17-3/8"W x 4-1/8"H x 15-1/8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CD6005
What's in the box:
- Single-Disc CD player
- 6' AC power cord
- Wireless remote (RC001PMCD)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 3' RCA stereo patch cord
- 2' Coaxial digital cable (with one RCA plug on each end)
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Getting Started booklet
- Safety Instructions
- Limited Warranty Information (US/CA)
Marantz CD6005 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Marantz CD6005
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||No|
Single Disc |
|Direct Track Access||Yes|
|Direct Disc Access||N/A|
|Display Color||Bluish white|
|Multiple CD Player Control||---|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|CD Frequency Response||2-20k Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||110 dB|
|SACD Frequency Response||Not Compatible|
|SACD Dynamic Range||Not Given|
|SACD THD||Not Given|
|Analog RCA Output||Yes|
|Analog XLR Output||No|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||Yes|
Marantz HDAM Technology: Ordinary CD players employ conventional IC-based op-amps in the D/A and analog output sections, but the CD6005 is equipped with Marantz exclusive HDAM technology, which uses discrete circuit elements and not ICs. HDAM technology provides wide dynamic range and wide frequency response along with lowest distortion for the utmost musical fidelity
High Current Power Supply: For the most stable power to the various circuit blocks, the power supply employs high speed, high current Shottky Barrier Diodes in the AC-DC conversion circuit, and the power supply is fitted with high current storage capacitors for the most stable DC supply to the mechanical and electrical sections.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion: The CD6005 features high resolution D/A conversion and is equipped with the reference class CS4398 D/A converter, which provides up to 192kHz/24-bit resolution for optimum fidelity with high resolution audio file types. To prevent interference with the critical analog audio output circuitry, the digital audio circuit block is housed in its own shielded subsection.
Precision System Clock: The CD6004 employs a precision system clock to virtually eliminate any jitter for distortion-free music that sounds like the artist intended.
Fully Discrete Headphone Amplifier: The all discrete headphone amplifier section features the ability to properly drive the widest variety of headphone types, regardless of impedance or sensitivity, and the headphone output is equipped with a volume control. The gold plated ¼" jack is compatible with audiophile and studio headphone types and adapters.
Audio EX Function: For improved analog audio output fidelity, the Audio EX function lets you disable the front-panel fluorescent display, to minimize noise artifacts. You can also disable the digital audio outputs when listening via analog audio for even greater noise reduction.
Gold Plated Analog & Digital Outputs: The analog audio RCA outputs, along with the digital coaxial output connector, are all gold plated to ensure optimum signal transfer with no degradation.
- Analog RCA Outputs: The CD player also features a stereo RCA output for analog connection.
- Optical/Coaxial Digital Outputs: For optimum compatibility with digital audio amplifiers and decoders the CD6005 is equipped with both optical and coaxial digital audio outputs.
Rigid Chassis Design: The CD6005 CD player's front-panel is constructed from aluminum and glass-reinforced resin, which resists harmful resonances that can harm sonic quality. The panel is finished in a soft black tone, and features a graceful curvature that complements any home décor. The CD player also employs a double layered bottom plate to prevent unwanted resonance that could lead to distortion.
Disc Compatibility: The Marantz CD6005 Single Disc CD Player can play CD, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW discs (both 12cm and 8cm discs). The CD6005 supports MP3, WMA, WAV, and AAC audio files that have been recorded onto CD-R or CD-RW discs in ISO9660 mode 1/2 or Juliet/Romeo disc format. The Marantz CD player will recognize up to 512 total files and folders on a single disc. The unit will also display CD-Text, ID3, and WMA song/artist information.
Front-Panel USB Port: The CD player features a front-panel USB (type-A) port. The front panel port is designed for USB mass storage class devices, such as your Android smartphone/tablet or USB thumbdrive. The front-panel USB port is compatible with FAT16/FAT32 file systems and will play MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV files. The CD6005 can support 700 folders and 65,535 files per folder. The unit will also display MP3/WMA tag data information. The front-panel controls and supplied wireless remote will operate basic playback functions of your connected USB device. The 5V/1A USB port will also charge your device while connected.
Compressed Music File Formats: The Marantz CD6005 supports the following compressed music files on CD-R/RW discs and USB.
|File Format||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate||Extension|
|MP3||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA||44.1 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||8-320 kbps||.m4a|
|Linear PCM||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-bit||.wav|
iPod/iPhone Direct: You can connect your iPod or iPhone to the front-panel USB port using the 30-pin or Lightning cable supplied with your Apple device (not included with this unit). Sound quality is maximized by using the USB connection along with the CD6005's D/A converter. Playback can be controlled using the front-panel or remote buttons, or the iPod/iPhone itself. You can browse your iPod/iPhone's music library from the CD6005 by Album, Artist, Genre, Playlist, or Track. The CD6005 will also display song/artist information, as well as charge your iPod/iPhone. The unit is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compliant and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/25/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Unit/Remote||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Two-Line Florescent Display: For optimum visual clarity, the CD6005 features a deluxe two-line fluorescent display that features alphanumeric characters (up to 16) for song/artist information from CD-Text discs and MP3/WMA/AAC music tracks. The display is dimmable.
Remote Control: The supplied IR remote control features an easy to use ergonomic design, and can control the CD6005 as well as control the matching PM6005 integrated stereo amplifier (sold separately). The remote can also be used to control your USB-connected iPod or iPhone. The CD player also includes a Remote Input/Output and Flasher Input.
- Remote Input/Output: Two RCA jacks (1 In/1 Out) are provided for connecting the player and another Marantz A/V component for system remote control purposes. The accompanying switch allows you to select the remote control mode you desire: External (when the player is connected to another component's remote control jacks) or Internal (when the player is used as a standalone component).
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm minijack input is used to control this unit using an optional keypad (sold separately) from another room of your house.
Playback Functions: The Marantz CD player offers a variety of unique playback functions for CD & USB.
- Direct Search: You can use the numeric keypad on the remote control to select a specific music track.
- Program Play: You can arrange and play tracks on a disc in a specific sequence. Up to 25 tracks can be programmed. As you are selecting tracks, the display will show the number of tracks in the program, and the total playing time of the programmed tracks. During program play, you can repeat the entire list of programmed tracks, or play them in random order.
- Timer Play: When this CD player is connected to a commercially available external audio timer (sold separately), the unit's power is switched on and media playback starts at the specified time.
- A-B Repeat: You can specify the section within a track that you want to hear, and play it back repeatedly.
Auto Standby: With Auto Standby On, you can automatically set this unit to standby mode after the CD player is in stop-mode (no operation) continuously for approximately 30 minutes.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked