About the Marantz HD-CD1
Pair the HD-CD1 with the Marantz HD-AMP1 for a compact high-performance stereo system.
Detailed Marantz CD sound
The HD-CD1 packs cutting-edge Marantz CD player technology into a compact, stylish unit. Its precision disc transport and double-layered bottom chassis resist vibrations that can have a negative impact on sound. Extra-rigid feet further eliminate vibration. The HD-CD1's high-resolution digital-to-analog converter ensures clear, accurate sound. A high-current power supply delivers plenty of clean power for lively, low-noise playback. And there's also a high-quality headphone amplifier with adjustable gain settings to accommodate a wide range of headphones.
- plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, plus MP3, WMA, and AAC CDs
- high-performance 192kHz/24-bit Cirrus Logic CS4398 digital-to-analog converter
- double-layered metal bottom plate for vibration resistance
- centralized disc mechanism resists vibration for improved sound quality
- Marantz HDAM® (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module)-SA2 used in analog circuitry for faster signal transfer and better transient response
- robust, high-current power supply for rich, dynamic sound
- optical and coaxial digital outputs
- gold-plated stereo analog RCA output
- built-in headphone amplifier with full-size headphone jack and volume control
- remote control input/output (for use with Marantz receivers and amps with a compatible remote control in/out jack)
- remote control
- detachable power cable
- frequency response: 2-20,000 Hz
- dynamic range: 100 dB
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- total harmonic distortion: 0.002%
- 12"W x 4-5/16"H x 12-5/16"D
- weight: 12.6 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HD-CD1
What's in the box:
- CD player
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC003HD)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 46" Coaxial digital cable
- 29" Mono-RCA cable
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information (US)
- Warranty Information (CA)
More details on the Marantz HD-CD1
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||No|
Single Disc |
|Direct Track Access||Yes|
|Direct Disc Access||N/A|
|Multiple CD Player Control||---|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|CD Frequency Response||2-20,000 Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||110 dB|
|SACD Frequency Response||Not Compatible|
|SACD Dynamic Range||Not Given|
|SACD THD||Not Given|
|Analog RCA Output||Yes|
|Analog XLR Output||No|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||Yes|
High Resolution CD Player: The Marantz HD-CD1 is a compact single-disc CD player which incorporates a high-resolution 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converter from Cirrus Logic, a high-accuracy system clock, and the famous Marantz HDAM-SA2 amplifier modules, as found in their flagship Reference Series CD players. Selected components are also used throughout the CD player's audio signal path, for the very best reproduction of your music. A centralized CD mechanism, able to play MP3, WMA and AAC files as well as standard CDs, is also used for ultra-accurate disc-reading and. Analog audio outputs, optical and coaxial digital connections are provided on the player's rear-panel. In addition, it includes a high-quality integral headphone amplifier with adjustable gain to drive high-end headphones for personal listening and comes with a remote control for all its functions.
Disc Compatibility: The Marantz HD-CD1 supports playback of CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. MP3, WMA and AAC files that have been recorded onto CD-R or CD-RW discs can be played back on this CD player. CD-R and CD-RW discs must be finalized and formatted in ISO9660 level 1/2, Juliet, or Romeo. The unit will recognize up to 255 music folders and 255 music files. It also supports ID3-TAG (MP3), WMA-TAG, and AAC-TAG for the display of song, artist, and album data.
|Playable Files (Extension)||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate|
|MP3 (.mp3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-192 kbps|
|WMA (.wma)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps|
|AAC (.m4a)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps|
Marantz HDAM Technology: The HD-CD1 high-resolution CD player utilizes Marantz-designed HDAM Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules, in place of the more common all-in-one "chip amplifiers" found in many other CD players. These miniature amplifiers are built from separate, optimized components for the very best sound quality, and are found in Marantz products all the way up to their Reference series CD players. The HD-CD1 uses the latest-generation HDAM-SA2 version of this technology to provide a wide dynamic range and wide frequency response with the lowest distortion. HDAM technology is also used in the headphone section, which has its own dedicated amplification.
Reference-Quality DAC: Central to the sound quality of the HD-CD1 is a high-quality CD transport mechanism, designed for ultra-accurate disc-reading, and this sends data to the player's high-resolution digital-to-analog converter, which is the same Cirrus Logic CS4398 device found in top-flight digital hardware. This is used together with a crystal oscillator master clock designed for ultra-low phase noise, and a low impedance capacitor, also designed for low noise, ensuring digital data is converted into an analog sound with lifelike dynamics and timbre, breathtaking presence and sheer musicality.
Analog & Digital Outputs: As well as its own high-quality analog outputs, enabling it to be used with any amplifier including the matching HD-AMP1 from Marantz (sold separately), the HD-CD1 has both optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) digital outputs, meaning it can be used as a CD transport straight into the digital input on the HD-AMP1 and allowing it to be used with the superb ESS Sabre DAC built into the amplifier. Like the analog outputs, the coaxial digital connection uses a high-quality gold-plated RCA socket.
Note: When audio from music files on a disc is output from the digital audio output connector, the sampling frequency is converted to 44.1 kHz for output.
Dedicated Headphone Amp: Whether you want to use the HD-CD1 on your desk for full-time headphone listening, or just occasionally want to connect a pair of headphones for a private music session, the dedicated headphone section in the player will delight. To make the most of personal listening, it has its own volume control and a dedicated HDAM-SA2 amplifier, complete with adjustable gain setting (low, medium, or high) to enable it to drive even highly-demanding audiophile headphones.
High-Current Power Supply: A high-current power supply with high-capacity storage capacitors is used to ensure the player is able to deliver the dynamics of music, along with high-speed Schottky Barrier Diodes.
Rigid Chassis: The HD-CD1 features a stylish design, with a solid aluminum front-panel, double-layer chassis for vibration isolation, and retro-style side panels. The HD-CD1 is built on a double layer base-plate for rigidity and vibration suppression, aided by the use of complimentary feet, a solid aluminum fascia and a rigid top-plate, and is finished with retro-style side-panels for that "classic Marantz" look.
Front-Panel Display: The Marantz HD-CD1 is equipped with a large front-panel 16-character/2-line display. Track and song information appears on the large display during disc playback (if applicable). CD-Text is an extension to the existing audio CD standard that enables text information, such as the name of the artist, album title and song titles to be stored on an audio CD and displayed on this unit's front-panel LCD.
Remote Control: The included IR remote wirelessly controls all the functions of the CD player, and can also operate the Marantz HD-AMP1 integrated amplifier (sold separately), for simple system integration and convenience. Remote input and output jacks (mono-RCA) allow you to connect the CD player to a Marantz component equipped with remote control terminals.
Playback & Search Functions: The Marantz HD-CD1 offers a variety of playback and search functions through the use of its remote control.
- Direct Search: From the remote's numeric keypad you can enter and select a specific song track directly for playback.
- Quick Replay: Simply press the "Q.REPLAY P" button on the remote control during playback, and the track rewinds to the set amount of time (setting range: 5-60 seconds), and resumes playing from the rewind point.
- Program Playback: You can arrange and play tracks on a disc in a specific sequence. Up to 25 tracks can be programmed. As you are selecting tracks, the display will show the number of tracks in the program, and the total playing time of the programmed tracks. During program play, you can repeat the entire list of programmed tracks, or play them in random order.
- Repeat/Random: You can repeat playback of one track, the entire disc, or specific portions of a track (A-B repeat). You can also play all tracks of the disc or folder's tracks in random order.
- Amplifier Operation: The remote can be used to control the following functions of the Marantz HD-AMP1 integrated amp (sold separately) - Power, Input Selection, Volume, and Mute
Auto Standby: The CD Player also has and auto-standby function and a very low power consumption when in standby mode. The player will automatically switch to standby mode when the unit is in the stop mode for more than 30 minutes.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked