About the Marantz Model 30
An audiophile amp for fans of analog sound
An audiophile amp for fans of analog sound
The Marantz Model 30 is a music lover's dream. It features a dedicated high-grade RCA terminal for connecting a CD player and a separate phono input section that can handle turntables with moving magnet or moving coil cartridges. It delivers 100 watts per channel into an 8-ohm load, and it's 4-ohm stable, so you it can drive a wide range of speakers.
Marantz's Sound Master spent hours testing and tuning the Model 30's output to ensure that it reveals exquisite detail and musicality. And the company's designers gave it a unique and attractive look. It's a perfect visual and sonic match for the Marantz SACD 30 CD player.
Sophisticated phono stage
It's not unusual for an integrated amp to have a phono input that can accommodate a turntable with a moving magnet cartridge. It's less common to see one that can handle a moving coil cartridge, which many audiophiles favor. Marantz equipped the Model 30 with a premium phono EQ that features a built-in MC head amplifier, and added a front-panel knob that allows you to adjust impedance to match a low-, medium-, or high-output cartridge.
- 100 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (1 kHz) at 0.005% THD
- 200 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (1 kHz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- high-current double-shielded toroidal power transformer for clean playback and smooth handling of demanding speaker loads
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM® SA3) and current feedback amplification for accuracy and control under high-drive conditions
- front-panel tone control knobs (treble, bass)
- Sound Master tuning reveals exquisite detail and musicality
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- frequency response 5-50,000 Hz (±3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 107 dB (CD), 88 dB (MM), 75 dB (MC)
- remote control included
- detachable power cord
- 4 standard stereo RCA audio inputs
- dedicated CD input with high-grade RCA terminals
- separate phono input with high-grade RCA terminals for turntables with moving magnet and moving coil cartridges
- adjustable impedance for low-, medium-, and high-output MC cartridges
- stereo Power Amp Direct inputs for use as a power amp with a home theater receiver
- stereo preamp outputs for connection to a separate power amplifier
- stereo RCA audio outputs for recording
- front-panel full-size 1/4" headphone jack
- binding posts for a single pair of speakers
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/2"W x 5-1/8"H x 17-1/8"D
- weight: 32.6 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MODEL30/U1B
What's in the box:
- Integrated amplifier
- AC power cord
- Remote control (RC002PMND)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Marantz Model 30 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Marantz Model 30
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||100|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||200|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||88|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||No|
|Total Analog Inputs||6|
|Optical Digital Inputs||No|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||No|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Model 30 Integrated Amplifier: Featuring a fully discrete, two stage design for minimal interference, and unique Marantz HDAM technology for signal purity, The Marantz Model 30 integrated amplifier offers exceptional sound quality. Its been designed to replicate the sensitivity and feel of a vintage analog amplifier even when simply adjusting the volume. The Model 30 can handle 8 and 4 ohm speaker impedances.
- 8-Ohm Power Rating: 100 watts x 2 channels (@ 1 kHz with 0.05% THD)
- 4-Ohm Power Rating: 200 watts x 2 channels (@ 1 kHz with 0.1% THD)
HDAM Technology: The Model 30 is built on its own discrete circuit board, the Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Module, or HDAM. Marantz HDAM-SA3 technology is comprised of dozens of independent parts, each hand-selected for pure, detailed Marantz sound. By custom-curating hundreds of individual parts, rather than adoption an off-the-shelf solution, the Model 30 HDAM significantly outperforms standard integrated circuits to create the unique musicality you always expect from Marantz.
Two Independent Power Supplies: The Model 30 boasts two independent power supplies for the best separation between the preamplifier stages and power amplifier stage, where signal levels are still low and the audio signal is sensitive to any distortion; and the power amplifier stage, which drives the speakers with high signal levels and current.
- Toroidal Transformer: The Model 30 power supply circuit, designed exclusively for the preamplifier enables a stable power supply that is not affected by fluctuations from power demanded by the power amplifier stage. An oversized toroidal transformer, known for it clean supply, is dedicated exclusively for the preamp to ensure high purity. A double-shielded steel case is mounted around the transformer to suppress the leakage of flux that could affect peripheral circuits.
- Instantaneous High-Current Power Supply: The power supply for the power amp stage is designed to deliver high current instantaneously to the switching mode amplifier. This ensures full control over connected speakers to follow even the hardest bass attacks and provides clean power for the reproduction of the fines details.
Robust Construction: The solid chassis is constructed from thick, heavy, non-magnetic aluminum panels and a rigid steel top cover to eliminate added interference. Sturdy, brass machines independent input terminals for CD and Phono, plus Marantz original high-quality, high-purity nickel-plated speaker terminals ensure the best signal possible.
Exquisite Sound Tuning: The Model 30 continues the renowned heritage of exquisite Marantz amplifiers. Tuned by the Marantz Sound Master who channeled his passion, experience, and extraordinary ear into the amplifier design. Hundreds of hours of thoughtful Sound Master tuning ensure the exquisite detail and musicality Marantz always delivers. Marantz engineers select and optimize each component through careful listening in dedicated Marantz facility in Europe and Japan. During development stage, every part is carefully selected, tested, and validated by the Marantz Sound Master to ensure you get that perfect Marantz sound ever time you listen.
Phono EQ Stage with Input Impedance Selector (MC/MM): The Phono EQ stage in the Model 30 can be used with both moving magnet and low-output moving coil cartridges, thanks to a built-in MC head amplifier. The phono stage uses two-stage amplification that combines Marantz HDAMs with JFETs in the input stage for lower distortion and high input impedance. This configuration allows the non-negative-feedback design to be further simplified by the deletion of coupling capacitors which further reduces distortion and enhances signal purity even more. In order to optimize sound performance when using a moving coil (MC) or magnetic moving (MM) cartridge, and to accommodate all configurations as much as possible, the Model 30 is equipped with an input impedance selector.
- MM: Use this setting for all MM type cartridges
- MC Low: Use this setting for an MC cartridge of less than 50 ohms.
- MC Mid: Use this setting for an MC cartridge of 51 to 99 ohms.
- MC High: Use this setting for an MC cartridge of 100 ohms or higher.
Line-Level Inputs & Recorder Output: The Marantz Model 30 is equipped with five line-level analog audio RCA stereo inputs (labeled "CD", "Tuner", "Line-1", "Line-2", and "Recorder". In addition to the five line-level audio inputs there is also one analog stereo RCA output (labeled "Recorder").
Power Amp In & Pre-Out: There's also a stereo RCA input (labeled "Power Amp In") that lets you use the Model 30 as a standalone stereo power amplifier for additional system configuration versatility, along with a stereo RCA preamp output (labeled "Pre Out") that let you connect the Model 30 to an external power amplifier.
Heavy-Duty Binding Posts: The Marantz Model 30 integrated amp is outfitted with a set of heavy-duty binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). You can connect a single pair of 8 ohm or 4 ohm loudspeakers.
Headphone Out: The Marantz Model 30 features a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack for connecting a set of headphones. When the headphones are plugged into this jack, audio will no longer be output from the connected speakers or from the pre-outs.
Tone Controls: The Marantz Model 30 integrated amplifier offers Bass, Treble, and Balance controls.
IR Remote: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the Marantz Model 30 integrated amplifier, as well as as Marantz CD player, SACD player, and/or Network audio player (all sold separately).
Remote In/Out: Remote control input and output jacks let you directly connect the Model 30 integrated amplifier to other Marantz components for easy system control. The remote input and output consist of a mono-RCA jack.
Auto Standby: With the Auto Standby Mode turned on, the Model 30 integrated amplifier will enter standby mode after approximately 30 minutes (continuous) of no output from the speakers, preouts, or headphones.
1 question already asked