About the Marantz SR5011
Home theater for music lovers
Home theater for music lovers
If you love music as much as you love movies, you're going to want a receiver that handles one just as easily as the other. The Marantz SR5011 fits the bill perfectly, with proprietary amplifier technology for the utmost musical fidelity. Music sounds open, natural, and sumptuously detailed. Dolby Atmos adds an extra layer of 3D realism to movie soundtracks for enthralling surround sound effects.
You'll enjoy equally captivating video performance on compatible Ultra HD TVs thanks to this receiver's advanced video processing with 4K upscaling. Marantz's Setup Assistant makes it a breeze to get everything connected, and the Marantz AVR Remote App lets you use your mobile device as a remote for easy, intuitive home theater control.
Music and video in another room
If you have a 5.2-channel surround sound system in your living room, you can reassign the SR5011's surround back channels to power a set of speakers outdoors or in another room. The receiver's surround back channels can also be used as height channels in a Dolby Atmos setup, or to bi-amp your front speakers for more powerful sound. A second HDMI output lets you watch the same video source in your main zone and a second room. Start a movie in your living room and finish it in your bedroom or kitchen. Or watch the same show on a TV and projector in the same room.
Easy wireless music streaming
Access your own digital music library and thousands of internet radio stations from around the world through the SR5011's built-in Wi-Fi. There's support for subscription-based streaming services like Spotify® and Pandora®, so you can listen to all your on-the-go favorites through your home theater speakers. Bluetooth connectivity lets you stream any music you like from a compatible phone or tablet.
Due to changes implemented by Pandora, this receiver is temporarily unable to connect to the Pandora service. A firmware update to resolve this issue is currently available.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding, including Dolby Atmos
- next-generation DTS:X surround sound available via a future firmware update
- video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- Audyssey "Silver" speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ® XT six-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
Digital Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, SiriusXM internet radio, and free internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- firmware update needed to connect to Pandora: available now
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod®, iPhone, or thumb drive
- direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- DLNA certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- M-DAX (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- power amp assign function lets you use the surround back speaker outputs for a second room while enjoying 5.2-channel sound in the main room
- line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room (additional receiver, amplifier, or powered speakers required)
- optical/coaxial digital and HDMI audio sources cannot be output to Zone 2
Audio Performance Features:
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) offers improved dynamic range and detail while reducing noise
- current feedback circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- Pure Direct mode turns off unused circuitry for cleaner audio signals
- bi-amp capability with compatible front speakers by reassigning "surround back" channels
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 2 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 3 in, 1 out (includes front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo audio inputs
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 7.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB memory devices and an iPod or iPhone
- outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- Surround Back speakers can be reassigned for Zone 2, Front Height, Front B, or bi-amping compatible front speakers
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- RS-232C, remote (IR), and 12 volt-trigger connections for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone output
- detachable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Marantz remote app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- Video Select lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-5/16"W x 6-5/16"H x 14-7/16"D
- weight: 22.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SR-5011
What's in the box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC024SR)
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB)
- Microphone stand
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- "DTS:X firmware Update" note
- Firmware Update Instructions
- Warranty Information (US/CA)
- Microphone Stand Assembly Instructions
- Sheet of self-adhesive cable labels
- Spotify brochure
Marantz SR5011 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Marantz SR5011
Features & specs
7-Channel Discrete Amplifier: The Marantz SR5011 is equipped with a power amplifier that reproduces high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound reproduction. The 7 channel amplifier is rated at 100 watts with 2 channels driven (20-20kHz, 8-ohms, 0.08% THD).
Amplifier Assignment: The SR5011's seven discrete amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup.
- Surround Back: The AV receiver's amplifier channels can be configured as Front Left/Right, Center, Surround Left/Right, and Surround Back Left/Right for Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD 7.1ch playback.
- Front Height: The receiver's amplifier channels can also be configured as Front Left/Right, Front Height Left/Right, Center, and Surround Left/Right for more front effects during 7.1ch playback.
- Top Front/Middle: This amplifier configuration provides 5.1.2ch playback using top front or top middle speakers for Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.
- Dolby Front/Surround: This amplifier configuration provides 5.1.2ch playback using front or surround Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
- Bi-Amp: You can configure the amplifier for front bi-amp operation to achieve a higher-quality 2-channel sound by connecting the receiver's front and surround back channels to your main front speakers (if compatible). Receiver will be limited to 5.1ch surround.
- Zone 2: The SR5011's amplifier channels can be configured as Front Left/Right, Center, Surround Left/Right, and Zone 2 for Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1ch playback in the main zone and 2ch PCM playback in the second zone.
- Front B: A second set of front speakers can be powered by the surround back amplifier. Receiver will be limited to 5.1ch surround
Exclusive HDAM & Current Feedback Technology : Incorporating technology derived from Marantz's Reference Series components, the SR5011 features Marantz's exclusive HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) system, which combines ultra fast slew rate and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today's high resolution audio formats. The SR5011 also incorporates Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior audio fidelity
24-Bit/192kHz DACs: The Marantz SR5011 utilizes a 192kHz/24-bit D/A converter on each of the unit's seven channels for exceptional sound quality. The 192kHz sampling and 24-bit word length capabilities of the DACs allows you to play high-resolution recordings and hear the increased clarity, detail and dynamic range of those recordings.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): The Marantz SR5011 is equipped with a high-resolution Analog Devices (ADSP21487) 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP). All elements of the Surround Processor are optimized to the highest standards by the use of selected high performance and discrete components, particularly the A/D and D/A converters and the sophisticated DSP surround decoder.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
Immersive Surround Sound: The Marantz SR5011 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats - like Dolby Atmos or Dolby Surround and DTS:X or DTS Neural:X.
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the SR5011 that lets you to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch and multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch, or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS:X: The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the SR5011 features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
- DTS Neural:X: Further, DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
Note: DTS:X & DTS Neural:X will require a firmware update.
Audyssey Silver: The Marantz SR5011 features the Audyssey Silver suite of powerful DSP features; including MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume, and Dynamic EQ.
- MultEQ XT: Via the supplied measuring microphone, Audyssey MultEQ measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers. Up to eight listening positions can be measured, configured, and recorded. MultEQ compensates for both time and frequency characteristics of the listening area based on "Audyssey Setup" measurement results. Selection is done from three types of compensation curves - Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off).
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Direct Listening Modes: The Marantz SR5011 offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Source Direct provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct goes a step further by turning off the receiver's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noised being added to the audio signal.
Stereo Modes: The Marantz SR5011 surround receiver also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers. The 2CH Stereo mode is for playing in two channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer. Multi-Channel Stereo mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers. Virtual Speaker mode lets you enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Audio Enhancements: The Marantz SR5011 receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic (including PL II, PL IIx, PL IIz), and DTS Neo:6 modes.
- M-DAX: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The M-DAX function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
Level Adjustments: The SR5011 provides the following level adjustments.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
- Dialogue Level: You can adjust the output level (+/-12dB) to clarify the dialogue output from the center channel.
- Subwoofer Level: You can set the receiver's subwoofer output level (+/-12dB) independent from the other speaker levels and system's main volume.
Volume Settings: The SR5011 offers the following volume settings.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB).
- Volume Limit: You can set a maximum volume level of 0dB (80), -10dB (70), or -20dB (60) to limit the receiver's total volume output.
- Turn-On Volume: You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18dB, or Last)
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
Audio Outputs: The Marantz AV receiver features color-coded binding-post speaker terminals, 7.2ch pre-outs, and a front-panel headphone jack.
- Color-Coded Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual). The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 4 to 16-ohm. The AV receiver comes with color-coded labels to easily identify which channel a speaker cable should be connected to. Since the speaker cables have labels in the same colors as the connectors on the SR5011's rear panel, there's no longer any confusion about which terminals they should be connected to.
- 7.2Ch Pre-Outs: The AV receiver features 7.2ch pre-amp outputs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers. The pre-outs are variable. The dual sub outputs are non-discrete.
- Headphone Jack: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
HDMI 2.0a: Featuring eight HDMI inputs (including one conveniently located on the front-panel) and two HDMI outputs, the SR5011 incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0a specification, including support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3D content. The SR5011 also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
- 4K/60Hz: The SR5011 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI
- HDCP 2.2: All of the receiver's HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the receiver's rear-panel HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. The front-panel HDMI only supports 4K 60/50Hz using format YCbCr 4:2:0 only.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- 21:9 Aspect Ratio: By supporting 21:9 aspect ratio, this receiver can show films recorded in the Cinema Scope format on your TV for a much more immersive video experience. When these types of films are viewed in the usual 16:9 ratio, you see black bars at the top and bottom of the screen; 21:9 eliminates these bars.
Dual HDMI Outputs: The AV receiver's two HDMI outputs are parallel, so the same HDMI audio/video input signal is output through both and can be used simultaneously (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs).
4K Video Upconversion: The Marantz AV receiver's sophisticated video processor provides upconversion from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160 pixels), which lets you connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (HDMI) video sources to the SR5010 and then connect to your HDTV with just a single HDMI cable.
Other HDMI Features: The Marantz SR5011 AV receiver's HDMI connectivity also offers 3D video pass-through, ARC (Audio Return Channel), Deep Color & x.v.Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- 3D Ready: The SR5011 AV receiver supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the SR5011's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-500ms) if the TV supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 500ms to synchronize it with the video image.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When the AV receiver is in "Standby" mode and the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers HDMI input will be output to your television, via the AV receiver's HDMI monitor output. Once the receiver is turned "On", only video will pass through the monitor output to your TV and the audio is directed to the receiver's speaker outputs.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
Component & Composite Video: The receiver features two composite video inputs and one composite video monitor output; supports up to 480i. There are also two component video inputs (60MHz) and one component video monitor output; supports up to 1080p.
Advanced ISFccc Video Calibration: The SR5011 is certified by the Imaging Science Foundation to deliver top video quality, and the unit also features advanced ISFccc video calibration controls that allow for precision fine-tuning of the connected HDTV, even if it's not an ISF certified set. You can choose from a variety of Picture Modes - Standard, Movie, Vivid, Streaming, ISF Day, ISF Night, Custom, or Off. The Custom mode lets you manually adjust Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Noise Reduction, and Enhancer (sharpness).
Video Select Function: This receiver can display video from a different source on your connected TV during audio playback from Tuner, USB/iPod, Online Music, or Bluetooth.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Marantz SR5011 receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to connect the receiver to your home network. The unit also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Either network connection gives the receiver access to your DLNA music server and various online music services. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual Setting, PIN Code, or even through your Apple iOS device (5.0+).
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
DLNA 1.5 Certified: The SR5011 is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant for audio and photo networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music and still-images (JPEG) stored on your Windows PC. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through the A/V receiver and view still-images on your connected TV, or use the SR5011's remote control to browse music & photo files on your hard drive. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and META tag information; so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display or on-screen menu. In addition the unit will display Album Art on a connected television. The Marantz SR5011 supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Compressed||WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|Hi-Res||FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz||N/A||.flac|
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11/12).
Online Services: The Marantz SR5011 lets you access Internet Radio, as well as other online music services from your broadband Internet connection. Currently the SR5011 supports Internet Radio from vTuner, Pandora, Spotify Connect, and SiriusXM. You can add up to 100 items as "Favorites" from vTuner, Pandora, SiriusXM, and your media server for easier, quicker access.
|vTuner||The online vTuner service which offers easy browsing of internet radio stations and podcasts. vTuner enables access to web-based radio stations and podcasts via an extremely reliable online database with a wide variety of content. Internet Radio stations in MP3 (32-320kbps), WMA (48-192kbps), and AAC (16-320kbps) format are supported. You can browse content by Genre, Location, Language, and Favorites. You can store up to 56 Internet Radio stations as presets. The unit will automatically save up to 20 of the most recently played stations.|
|Pandora (requires firmware update)||Once the network audio player is registered with your Pandora account, you can listen to the automated music recommendation and Internet Radio service. You can create up to 100 personalized radio stations. You can sort tracks within these radio stations. You can skip up to 6 tracks that are being played back within 1 hour. You can also thumbs-up/thumbs-down and bookmark tracks. In Pandora, you can search for the track name or artist name using "keyword" searches. When the search is complete, tracks that have a similar rhythm or sound are streamed.|
|Spotify Connect||If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify the Marantz AV receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.|
|SiriusXM||SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 155 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.|
AM/FM Tuner: The Marantz AV receiver features a built-in AM/FM tuner with 56 station auto-preset memory tuning. You can also set your presets manually. You can create an 8-character name for each preset station. You can even directly enter a station number using the receiver's on-screen menu and remote control.
IP Control: The SR5011 can be set up and operated by a home computer via network IP control (via wired LAN or Wi-Fi), and also features Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) for quick and easy integration with home automation equipment.
Software Updates: Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Marantz server. Visit Marantz's Owner's Circle for access to downloads to keep the Marantz receiver up-to-date.
Front-Panel USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32. The unit can recognize up to 500 folders/5,000 files. You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Song/artist information will display on your HDMI-connected TV and the receivers front-panel display. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Compressed||WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|Hi-Res||FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz||N/A||.flac|
Note: The receiver's USB port cannot be used with a USB hub or computer.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Marantz SR5011 features built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1+EDR) with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.4). You'll be able to wirelessly connect to Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphones/tablets, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computers/laptops and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Up to eight Bluetooth devices can be remembered by the SR5011, so family members as well as friends can enjoy their favorite tracks (only one device can be used at a time).
- Music Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone/tablet, computer/laptop and more to the Marantz receiver. In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the SR5011 offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the Marantz receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod/iPhone/Pad.
- Music Control: You will also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the receiver's remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device.
- Song/Artist Info: Song/Artist information will be displayed on your HDMI-connected TV.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Marantz AV receiver.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The Marantz AV receiver offers wired (via USB) and wireless (via AirPlay) connectivity for your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad. You can even watch video from select Apple devices via the receiver's front-panel HDMI input.
- AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the AV receiver, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the AV receiver. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the AV receiver; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the AV receiver. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
- USB Direct: The SR5011 supports digital music playback from an iPod, iPhone, or iPad using its front-panel USB (type-A) port. Simply plug your compatible Apple device into the receiver's front-panel USB port, using the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone/iPad. Stored music and music apps from your connected Apple device can be played through the AV receiver, bypassing the iPod/iPhone D/A converter for better sound quality. The iPod/iPhone/iPad can be controlled by the receiver's remote, or you can continue to use the Apple device's clickwheel or touchscreen. You can search for stored music on your iPod/iPhone/iPad by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. Song/artist information and Album Art from stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone will display on your connected TV via HDMI (song/artist text will also display on receiver's front-panel display).
- HDMI Video: You can also view video from stored movies and movie apps from select iPods, iPhone, and iPads by connecting your Apple device to the AV receiver's front-panel USB and HDMI input. Use the Apple Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter (472LT2HDMI sold separately), the Apple Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your device, and a HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect your Lightning connector iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to the AV receiver. Use the Apple Dock-to-Digital AV Adapter (sold separately), the Apple Dock-to-USB cable that came with your device, and a HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect your iPod touch (4th gen), iPhone 4/4S, or iPad (1/2/3). Using the HDMI input, video from your iPod/iPhone/iPad can only be navigated from your Apple device's clickwheel or touchscreen.
Note: Your Apple iPod/iPhone's battery will be charged while connected to the receiver (max. 1A). This unit will not charge the iPad.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Marantz SR5011 is "made for iPod/iPhone" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model function (as of 9/15/2016).
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Connector Type||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|USB||Bluetooth||AirPlay||Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Zone 2: Zone 2 allows stereo audio playback of another source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via RCA line-level output or speaker-level output. When using the SR5011 to power speakers in a second room of your home, the main zone is restricted to 5.1-channels. When using the receiver's line output terminals for the second room you need an additional amplifier to power your Zone 2 speakers; the main Zone of the receiver remains 7.1-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the Marantz receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources: Compatible Zone 2 sources include - Analog Audio Inputs, AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone), USB (including iPod/iPhone), AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio (different network sources cannot be played back in multiple zones at the same time), DLNA/Media Server contents.
- Incompatible Sources: It is not possible to play the digital audio signals from the HDMI, Coaxial, or Optical terminals in Zone 2. Video signals and DSD audio cannot be sent to Zone 2.
Note: Unfortunately, you cannot select USB and Network sources exclusively for each Zone. For example, if you select a network source for Zone 2 when a USB source is selected for the Main Zone, the input source in the Main Zone also switches to the same network source as Zone 2 (this scenario also includes Bluetooth).
All Zone Stereo Function: The All Zone Stereo function allows you to enjoy the AV receiver's Main Zone audio source in Zone 2 simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types; analog or digital). During the All Zone Stereo mode, only the "Multi Ch Stereo" and "Stereo" sound modes can be selected. You will have independent volume control in each zone. All Zone Stereo mode is useful when you want to enjoy the same music at the same time in multiple rooms during a get together or party.
HDMI Monitor 2: The receiver's second HDMI monitor output lets you send the same HDMI audio/video input signal that is being played in the main zone to a second zone (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs).
HEOS Multiroom Compatible: Thanks to the AV receiver's network and IP control capability, it can be integrated into a HEOS whole home audio system via the HEOS Link (sold separately) and the HEOS app for Apple iOS (7.0+) & Android OS (2.3+). The HEOS Link connects to the AV receiver's Zone 2 preouts and a set of stereo RCA inputs or optical digital input on the receiver. Now, you can send the receiver's Zone 2 audio to other HEOS speakers in different rooms of your home, as well as play back audio from other HEOS devices through the AV receiver. From the app on your mobile device, you'll be able to control the receiver along with other HEOS gear and listen to music throughout your home. The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system can support up to 32 HEOS products (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
- Music: You can select which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from the receiver's Zone 2 audio, the Link's built-in online music services (like TuneIn, Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, Amazon Music or TIDAL, ), the music library on your mobile device), and more.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual HEOS devices into a group that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 HEOS products per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group eight rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: The AV receiver only allows one IP connection for control. If the receiver is already being controlled by a 3rd party control system via IP, then the HEOS Link will not be able to control it.
AVR Remote App: The new Marantz AVR Remote App lets you control the Marantz SR5011 AV receiver using your Apple (iOS 7.0) or Android (OS 4.0+) device. From this free app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you'll be able to control the Marantz AV receiver's basic functions; such as power, volume, input, surround modes, and other settings. You'll also be able to control separate Zones of the receiver, as well as navigate the AV receiver's network and Internet content from the app. In addition, you get you get unique features likes a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, the ability to create playlists, and control over a Marantz Blu-ray player.
- Landscape Orientation Control Screen: With a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, you can easily browse and navigate through your network music services or personal digital music collection with ease, and at the same time view now-playing information and cover art all on a single screen.
- Create Playlists: The app's playback screen allows you to easily build your own personal music playlists on the fly with the ability to Drag & Drop files into your queue, or tap to "Play Now", "Play Next", "Play Next and Replace Queue" or "Add to End of Queue". You can then save your queue as a playlist for easy recall.
- Marantz Blu-ray Player Control: The app allows control over select Marantz Blu-ray players (UD7007/5007) that are connected to the AV receiver via HDMI.
Note: This AV receiver is not compatible with last year's older Marantz Remote App.
IR Remote: The Marantz SR5011 comes with an IR remote for wireless operation of the AV receiver. The SR5011's can also be used to control select external audio/video components connected via HDMI which support HDMI control.
HDMI-CEC: When you make an HDMI connection with a TV or Blu-ray player compatible with the SR5011's HDMI control function, you can perform the operations from the SR5011's remote control; Power off, Switching of audio output devices, Switching of audio input devices, Volume adjustment, and Playback functions.
Smart TV Control: When you connect the Marantz SR5011 to your Smart TV, you have the option of controlling the SR5011 via the TV's remote control which lets you select an input, adjust the volume and choose the surround sound mode. The receiver and your TV must be connected via HDM with the HDMI-CEC function activated on both components.
Custom Integration: The Marantz SR5011 provides advanced remote connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration and theater applications using premium control systems. These features included Remote In/Out, Flasher In, DC Trigger Out, and RS-232C port.
- Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the SR5011 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the SR5011 from an external key-pad (sold separately).
- DC Trigger Output: The DC trigger output (3.5mm) allows you to connect an external device so it can be turned on by the SR5011.
- RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Wizard (via HDMI): With the on-screen graphical display that combines large clear text and colorful icons, plus the Marantz Setup Assistant, setup is both simple and quick, letting you easily make all necessary adjustments and settings to quickly and easily optimize the SR5011 for your particular speaker configuration and source equipment. When you control the sound volume, the volume level is displayed on the screen, and when you switch the input source, the name of the input source is displayed. The on-screen menu display can only be output to your TV via HDMI.
Note: The receiver's front-panel LCD window only displays source input and volume. You will need to connect this receiver up to your TV via HDMI to configure speaker, network, input, and system settings through the AV receiver's on-screen menu.
Smart Select: On the SR5011's front-panel, you'll find four Smart Select buttons that let you quickly choose from the most popular input sources; the ergonomically designed remote also includes Smart Select function buttons. With Smart Select, the SR5011 remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV and FLAC music files via USB or DLNA.
Source Rename + Panel Lock: You can change the display name (up to 8 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn't being used, you can delete it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources. To prevent accidental operation of this unit, you can disable operation of the buttons on the front-panel.
Dual Backup Memory Function: This receiver stores its settings in a nonvolatile memory even when the main power supply is turned off. Using the Dual Backup Memory function, you can write settings information to another memory area to back up saved settings for recovery anytime as needed.
- Personal Memory Plus: This function sets the settings (input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, MultEQ, Dynamic EQ, audio delay, etc.) last selected for the individual input sources.
- Last Function Memory: This function stores the settings which were made before going into the standby mode. When the power is turned back on, the settings are restored.
Timers: The Marantz AV receiver features a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Standby function.
- Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Auto Standby: The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (15/30/60 minutes). Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto Standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
Smart ECO Mode: This receiver is equipped with a Smart ECO Mode function that allows you to enjoy music and movies while reducing the power consumption during use, Smart Eco Mode adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level selected to reduce power consumption.
Protection Circuit: This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs. In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.
The Marantz SR5011 replaces these items
- 7-channel amplifier; 100 watts per channel with 2 channels driven
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- dual-room/dual-source output for connecting speakers in a second room
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
8 questions already asked