About the Marantz SR6005
Your new ride is here
Your new ride is here
Maybe it doesn't have four wheels, but the Marantz SR6005 is going to take you places. The SR6005 continues the Marantz tradition of great sound quality and rugged reliability. This versatile receiver handles all of your home entertainment needs in a way that won't take much to decipher. Marantz's overlaid on-screen display lets you run through the menu right on your television, even while your video's running. Control is quick, easy, and driven by your fingertips.
An easy, direct connection for your iPod no dock needed
Your iPod® and iPhone® have a place right at the front door. Plug straight into the USB for control and charging. Marantz own M-Dax2 advanced processing makes all of your compressed music sound better than ever. So, go ahead. Connect your thumb drive and make your day.
Load it up with everything
The SR6005's 1080p-compatible HDMI inputs let you hook up six high-definition sources. Your picture will look its best. Older non-HD sources are upconverted to 1080p letting you send all your video sources to your TV via a single-cable digital connection, reducing clutter and expense.
Sound that's optimized for your room
This receiver also features Audyssey MultEQ®, a sophisticated auto-calibration system that helps you get the most accurate home theater sound possible. Watch a video on how Audyssey MultiEQ improves sound in your room.
The SR6005 uses the supplied microphone to analyze sound from up to six different listening positions, then automatically adjusts level, equalization, and delay settings for each of your speakers. Everyone in the room can enjoy precisely balanced home theater sound eliminating the battle for "the good chair".
Power and Processing:
- 110 watts x 7 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Dolby Pro Logic® IIz expands the soundstage's vertical dimension (requires an additional pair of "height" speakers)
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ® six-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey MultEQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
- dual-room/dual-source audio (powered and line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room; using powered 2nd-room output allows 5.1 home theater in main room)
Digital Music Options:
- listen to music from iPod®, iPhone®, or other portable music player via the front-panel USB input
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- Bluetooth® streaming with optional Marantz RX-101
- SIRIUS satellite radio capable (requires SIRIUS subscription and optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit)
Audio Performance Features:
- high-current, low-impedance amplifier design
- pure direct mode switches off all unused circuitry for the cleanest possible sound
- M-DAX 2 for better sound with compressed music sources like MP3 files
- 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- 1080p-compatible HDMI digital video switching (6 in, 1 out)
- analog-to-HDMI video upconversion (up to 1080p) with Anchor Bay Technologies video processing and scaling
- HDMI version 1.4a with support for 3D video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- component video switching (3 in, 1 out)
- digital audio inputs: 3 optical (including 1 front), 2 coaxial
- digital audio outputs: 1 optical
- 8 audio/video inputs, including:
- 1 front-panel input with composite video
- 7 rear-panel inputs (4 composite, 3 component)
- 1 audio-only input
- no phono input
- 2 sets of main speaker outputs
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping front left and right speakers
- overlaid on-screen display for easier system setup and operation
- multibrand, backlit remote
- 17-3/8W" x 6-5/16"H x 15-3/8D"
- weight: 26 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SR6005
What's in the box:
- AV surround receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- RC011SR Learning remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Audyssey microphone (ACM1H) with attached 24' cord terminated by a male 3.5mm minijack connector
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- User Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- USA Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
Marantz SR6005 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Marantz SR6005
Features & specs
Fully Discrete 7-Channel Amplifier: The Marantz SR6005 AV Surround Receiver is equipped with a power amplifier that plays back high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The receiver's power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound playback. The Marantz AV Surround Receiver is rated a 110 watts x 7-channel.
Isolated Audio Circuit Board: The carefully-optimized audio signal path rests on a separate circuit board for maximum performance as well as isolation from interferences generated by high speed video processing.
24-Bit, 192 kHz D/A Converters: The SR6005 uses 24-bit/192-kHz Digital-to-Analog converters for all channels. The 192kHz sampling and 24-bit word length capabilities of the DACs allows you to play high-resolution recordings and hear the increased clarity, detail and dynamic range of those recordings.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): The Marantz SR6005 is equipped with a high-resolution SHARC 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP). All elements of the Surround Processor are optimized to the highest standards by the use of selected high performance and discrete components, particularly the A/D and D/A converters and the sophisticated DSP surround decoder. The SR6005 is equipped with various surround modes to reproduce a variety of surround sound effects, according to the content of the source to be played. The receiver features Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD decoding; as well as offers Dolby Pro Logic II (x/z) audio processing.
|Audio Format||Description||# of Channels||Connection Type|
|Stereo||2-Channel Stereo||Stereo listening with tonal adjustment.||2.0/2.1ch||Analog, HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|Multi-Channel Stereo||Stereo sound from all connected speakers.||5.1-7.1ch|
|Virtual Speaker||Delivers simulated surround sound from two stereo speakers.||2.0/2.1ch|
|Dolby Pro Logic II||Dolby Pro Logic II||Matrix decoding technology developed by Dolby Laboratories (select Movie, Music, or Game mode).||5.1ch||Analog, HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|Dolby Pro Logic IIx||Further improved version of Dolby Pr Logic II with two additional rear-channels (select Movie, Music, or Game mode).||6.1/7.1ch|
|Dolby Pro Logic IIz||The addition of front-height speakers provide enhanced spaciousness, depth, and dimensions to stereo, 5.1, or 7.1-channel content.||7.1ch|
|Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital is a multi-channel digital signal format developed by Dolby Laboratories.||5.1ch||HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|Dolby Digital EX||Dolby Digital Surround EX is a multi-channel digital signal format developed by Dolby Laboratories & Lucas Film.||6.1ch|
|Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital Plus is an improved Dolby Digital signal format with discrete digital sound and improved sound quality.||7.1ch|
|Dolby TrueHD||Dolby TrueHD is a high-definition audio format using lossless coding technology to faithfully reproduce the sound of the studio master.||7.1ch||HDMI|
|DTS||DTS||Digital Theater System with accurate sound field position and realistic sound effects.||5.1ch||HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|DTS-ES||Discrete or Matrixed digital audio format adding a surround back channel to DTS.||6.1ch|
|DTS 96/24||DTS 96/24 is a digital audio format enabling high sound quality playback with a sampling frequency of 96 kHz and 24 bit quantization of DVD-video||5.1ch|
|DTS Express||DTS audio format supporting low-bit rates (max. 5.1 channels, 24-256 kbps)||5.1ch|
|DTS-HD||DTS-HD provides high sound quality and enhanced functionality than conventional DTS; supports multi-channel, high data transfer speed, high sampling frequency, and lossless audio playback (choose from High Resolution Audio or Master Audio).||7.1ch||HDMI|
|DTS NEO:6||Matrix decoding technology for achieving 6.1-channel surround playback from 2-channel sources (select either Cinema or Music).||5.1-7.1ch||Analog, HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|DTS Neural||Chosen surround sound format for Sirius XM Satellite radio, delivering rich envelopment, discrete imaging, and accurate detail.||5.1-7.1ch|
|PCM||Multi-Channel PCM||Used with PCM multichannel sources up to 7.1 channels.||5.1-7.1ch||HDMI|
|Direct Mode||Source Direct||High-quality sound playback without passing through the sound quality adjustment circuits.||2.0-7.1ch||Analog, HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|Pure Direct||Playback audio tracks at the closest to the original sound quality.||2.0-7.1ch|
Dolby Headphone Mode: You can also enjoy listening to multi-channel surround sound through headphones using these Dolby HP modes.
|Dolby Headphone Mode||Description|
|Dolby Headphone||Surround sound is played through headphones|
|Dolby HP PLII (Movie/Music)||Suited for movie or music sources|
|Dolby HP Bypass (Stereo)||Stereo sound is played through headphones|
Audyssey Automated Setup: This Audyssey MultEQ technology adapted by this receiver provides the best listening environment for multiple listeners. The Auto MultEQ Setup feature of the SR6005 measures sound characteristics of your speaker system and room where the receiver is used and automatically optimizes settings. To do this, the Auto Setup feature measures a test tone emitted by each channel in a maximum of 6 listening positions, using the supplied microphone. The measurement results are analyzed using an original algorithm and environmental settings are made to improve the sound characteristics of your listening area.
Note: If you prefer, you can manually setup up your speaker configurations. You can select the size and presence of each speaker, the distance of each speaker from your normal listening position, the level of each speaker in your system, and the crossover frequency setting for each speaker.
Audyssey Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ solves the problem of deteriorating sound quality as volume is decreased by taking into account human perception and room acoustics. Audyssey Dynamic EQ works in tandem with Audyssey MultEQ to provide well-balanced sound for every listener at any volume level.
Reference Level Offset: Audyssey Dynamic EQ is referenced to the standard film mix level of 85dB SPL for -20 dBFS. Due, to the lack of standard outside the film industry, the film reference level may not be appropriate when listening to other material. Audyssey Dynamic EQ Adjust provides three offsets from the film level reference (5dB, 10dB, or 15dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume solves the problem of large variations in volume level between television programs, commercials, and between the soft and loud passages of movies. Audyssey Dynamic EQ is integrated into Dynamic Volume so that as the playback volume is adjusted automatically, the perceived bass response, tonal balance, surround impression, and dialogue clarity remain the same. The amount of compression can be set to an of the following three levels - Light, Medium, or High.
Acoustic EQ: The A/V receiver features 5 Acoustic Equalizer modes to choose from.
- Audyssey: This mode adjust the frequency characteristics of all speakers so as to create the best listening environment for the sound characteristics of your listening area.
- Audyssey Bypass L/R: Optimizes frequency response of speakers, except front (left & right) speakers.
- Flat: This mode flattens the frequency characteristics of all speakers. It is suited for playback of multi-channel music such as Dolby Digital and DTS.
- Manual: This mode independently adjusts the receiver's 9-band graphic equalizer (63Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 16kHz) for each of the 7 channels.
- Off: The graphic equalizer is not use.
HT-EQ: The tonal balance of a film soundtrack will be excessively bright and harsh when played back over audio equipment in the home. This is because film soundtracks were designed to be played back in large movie theater environments. Activating the receiver's HT-EQ feature when watching a film made from movie theaters corrects this and restores the correct tonal balance.
Surround Parameters: You adjust surround sound parameters to customize your audio listening experience.
- Center Image: You can also adjust the Center Gain to expand the sound image from the center channel in DTS NEO: 6 mode.
- Center Width: The Center Width feature allows you to gradually spread the center channel sound into the front left and right speakers in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Dimension: This feature adjusts the sound-field either towards the front or towards the rear of your system. This can be useful to help achieve a more suitable balance from all the speaker with certain recordings in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Panorama: Panorama wraps the sound of the front left and right speakers around you, for an exciting perspective in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Height Gain: This feature controls the front height channel volume in Pro Logic IIz mode.
- LFE Level: This function selects the output level of the LFE signal included in the Dolby Digital signal or the DTS signal. You can select from 0 to -10 dB.
Tone Control: You can adjust the tonal quality of the sound by adjusting the receiver's bass and treble independently from -6 to +6 dB.
M-DAX: This function makes up for lost audio content in MP3, WMA, or AAC sources during playback. It can be set to High or Low.
DRC (Dynamic Range Compression): This features compresses the AV receiver's dynamic range (difference between loud and soft sounds).
Source Level: This function corrects the playback level (+/-12db) of the selected input source's audio input. Make this setting if there are differences in the input volume levels between the different sources.
Volume Settings: You can adjust the unit's maximum volume, power on level, and mute level.
- Volume Limit: Set the receiver's maximum volume level to -20dB, -10dB, 0dB, or None.
- Power On Level: Define the volume setting (-80 to +18dB, Last) that is active when the power is turned on.
- Mute Level: Set the amount of attenuation (Full, -40dB, or -20dB) when muting is activated.
Note: You can also adjust the receiver's Zone 2 Volume Level and Volume Limit.
Dual Zone: The SR6005's Zone System mode allows the same audio source or different audio sources to be heard in other rooms other than where the receiver is installed. The Marantz AV receiver features a Main Audio/Video Zone (Main) and a second analog Audio Only Zone (Zone 2). The Main Zone contains 7.1-channel playback of your audio/video gear in your main entertainment room. The Audio Only Zone 2 allows analog audio playback of another audio source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via left/right RCA audio output connections to a separate amplifier. The SR6005 AV receiver's Surround Back Speaker outputs can be assigned to Zone 2, so you can power a set of speakers in another room of your home without the use of a separate amplifier. You must turn off the Surround Back channels of the amplifier when using the receiver's multi-room speaker outputs, which will limit you to 5.1 channels in your main room.
Bi-Amp Connection: A bi-amp connection is possible with speakers that have two set of inputs by combining the Front A and Surround Back speaker connections. This allows you to drive the treble and bass units with separate channels amps, which enable better sound quality. The surround back channels of the amplifier will need to be turned off to bi-amp your front speakers. This configuration will limit your Home Theater to 5.1- channel.
Front B/Height Speakers: The Marantz SR6005 features Front B/Height speaker terminals which can be used as a second pair of speakers in another room (playing the same source), or used as Front Height speakers for added surround sound depth in Pro Logic IIz mode.
Digital Inputs/Output: There are 2 coaxial digital inputs and 3 optical digital inputs (one on front). The inputs accept digital audio signals from a compact disc, DVD, Blu-ray, or other digital source component. There is also 1 optical digital output. The digital output can be connected to a CD or DVD recorder.
Preamp Outputs: The SR6005 features Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right, and dual Subwoofer preamp outputs to connect the receiver to external power amplifiers.
7.1 Channel Input: The SR6005 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound. If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input.
Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding post speaker terminals for the front A, front B, center, surround, and surround back speaker channels. The binding posts can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs. The terminals are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. The collar surrounding the binding post terminals prevent the use of spade connectors.
Headphone Output: The receiver features a 1/4" stereo headphone jack on its front panel for connecting a pair of optional headphones. The unit's speakers will automatically be turned off when a set of headphones are connected.
9 HD Inputs: The Marantz SR6005 is equipped with nine HD inputs. Six HDMI (ver.1.4a) inputs (up to 1080/24p capable) let you connect a high-definition satellite receiver, Blu-ray Disc player, and game system for high definition video and audio. Three component inputs (1080/60i capable) provide added HD-capable connectivity and versatility.
- HDMI (ver.1.4a): The receiver is equipped with six HDMI (ver.1.4) inputs for connecting HDMI-equipped audio/video components. All four HDMI inputs are capable of carrying uncompressed digital audio and video up to 1080p. There is also an HDMI (v.1.4) output which supports the ARC function that feeds audio/video signals to an HDTV. All HDMI (v.1.4) connections support 24p playback, x.v. color, deep color, and 3D video.
- Component Video (Y, Cb, Cr): This unit features three component video inputs and a component video monitor output. These jacks feature an 60 MHz bandwidth, making them capable of passing high-definition video signals. The component video inputs and output will support 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i video signals.
HDMI Upscaling: The Marantz AV receiver features a high-precision Anchor Bay 10-bit video scaler. The SR6005 can take an analog video input (composite or component) and up-convert it to HDMI so the video signal can be passed through the receiver's HDMI terminal to your television via a single HDMI cable up to 1080p. The Marantz SR6005 will also upscale incoming lower resolution (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i) HDMI video signals to 1080p through the receiver' HDMI monitor output. The receiver's HDMI inputs and monitor output will support 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signals.
1080/24p: When connected to a 1080/24p Blu-ray player and flat-panel HDTV, you can enjoy remarkable video performance of Blu-ray which brings out the full character of film material.
3D-Ready: This AV receiver supports input and output of 3D (three-dimensional) video signals through its HDMI (v1.4a) connections.
Note: 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be required.
x.v.Color: The AV receiver supports x.v.Color, offering a wider color range than the current broadcast standard. For the x.v.Color feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
Deep Color: The Sony receiver also supports Deep Color which allows the color depth of video signals passing through HDMI to be raised. The number of colors that could be expressed by 1 pixel was 24 bits (16,777,216 colors) with a standard HDMI jack. However, the number of colors which can be expressed by 1 pixel is 36 bits with a Deep Color enabled HDMI jack. Since the gradation of the depth of a color can be expressed more finely with more bits, continuous color changes can be more smoothly expressed. For the Deep Color feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
Auto Lipsync Correction: Video signals may take longer to process than audio signals depending on the connected video equipment. When the unit is connected to a TV or Projector which supports Auto Lipsync Correction, audio and video can be automatically synchronized using this function. The Lipsync feature can also me set manually from 0 to 200 ms (in 10 ms steps).
I/P Convert: The video circuit of the receiver is equipped with an I/P conversion feature. When this feature is active, 480i analog video signals input from a playback device can be converted to 480p and progressively output to the component video or HDMI monitor out terminals on the SR6005.
Audio Return Channel (ARC): If the connected TV has HDMI version 1.4 and supports ARC, the audio signal can be transferred from the TV (when its internal tuner is used) to the SR6005 through the HDMI cable, so a second cable isn't needed.
HDMI Standby Pass Through: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through feature allows you to choose which HDMI input remains accessible when the receiver is powered off, so you can view back an HDMI source on your TV even when the receiver is in standby mode. You can select between HDMI 1, HDMI2, or HDMI3, HDMI4, or the Last HDMI input you were viewing when you turned the receiver off.
Front-Panel A/V Input: The receiver features a front-panel AV input which consists of a composite video, stereo RCA, and optical digital jack.
HD Radio: The SR6005 features a built-in HD AM/FM tuner. HD radio stations offer higher sound quality than conventional FM/AM broadcasts. HD FM stations sound as great as CD quality while HD AM sounds a rich as analog FM stereo. A variety of data services, including text-based information, song title, artist name, album name, and genre can be received and displayed. In addition to conventional broadcast, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 4 multicast programs (HD1/HD2/HD3/HD4). The SR6005's tuner also supports analog AM/FM stations.
Note: For detailed information on HD Radio technology, please go to www.ibiquity.com.
Preset Tuning: You can automatically or manually store up to 56 AM/FM presets that can be labeled and viewed in a channel list. You can also directly tune in a station from the receiver's remote control.
Sirius Satellite Radio Ready: The Marantz SR6005 can be connected to the optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit (607SCH1 or 220SCH2P, sold separately), allowing you to receive Sirius Satellite Radio through the receiver. The display shows channel name, number, category, artist, or song title. Up to 56 Sirius Satellite Radio stations can be preset.
Note: A subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio is required.
USB Port: The Marantz SR6005 is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for easy, direct connection of a USB mass storage class (MSC) device. The front-panel USB port supports playback of MP3 (32-320 kbps), WMA (48-192 kbps), AAC (16-320 kbps), and WAV (16-bit) audio files recorded in FAT 16 or FAT 32 onto a USB mass storage class (MSC) device. The unit can recognize up to 255 folders and 255 files per folder. When a USB device is connected, playback will start automatically. You can control basic operations (Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Repeat, and Random) of your connected USB device. The unit also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and WMA META tag information so title, artist and album names can be displayed.
Note: Copyright-protected file cannot be played. USB memory devices will not work via a USB hub. It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the unit's USB port using a USB cable.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The unit's front-panel USB (type-A) port can also be used to directly connect your Apple iPod or iPhone. The Marantz SR6005 supports direct USB connection, audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhones. The Marantz SR6005 offers the following iPod/iPhone functions.
- USB Direct Connection: The USB connection features digital audio signal handling, which routes the digital signal to the SR6005's 24 bit/192 kHz audiophile quality D/A converters for optimum fidelity.
- Audio Playback: You can listen to music files from your iPod/iPhone by simply connecting the iPod/iPhone to the SR6005's front-panel USB port using the USB/Dock cable that came with your Apple iPod/iPhone.
- Music Navigation: You can choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone from the SR6005's front-panel controls and remote control, or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The Marantz SR6005 lets you browse by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. It also offers Play/Pause, Stop, Skip/Back, Repeat, and Random functions.
- Music Information Display: The Marantz AV receiver will display Track #, Elapsed playing time; as well as Song, Artist, and Album name on the unit's display or your connected TV. The receiver can also display Album Art on your connected television. You can also choose to view the music information on your iPod or iPhone.
- Charging: The SR6005 will charge your connected iPod or iPhone when the AV receiver is powered up.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Marantz SR6005 is "Made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following specific iPod/iPhone models (as of Nov. 2010).
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||AV Receiver||iPod/iPhone||Song Info||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the receiver and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
Front Panel Design: The receiver's front panel features a combination of aluminum extrusion and glass-reinforced resin which shields internal circuitry and absorbs internal and external resonances. The front panel is clean, precise, and inviting. Volume and input selection knobs flank a large information display. A drop- down door hides secondary controls and connectors to maintain that classic look while providing easy access to the extensive features of the SR6005.
On-Screen GUI: The receiver incorporates an on-screen overlaid GUI (Graphic User Interface) menu system which makes various operations and menu selections visible on your connected television set. To view the on-screen GUI, you will need to connect the Monitor Out jack of the receiver to the composite, component video, or HDMI input of your television.
Front Panel Lock: You can lock all the controls on the front panel of the unit, accept for the Power button, to prevent anyone else from changing the settings on your receiver.
Setup Lock. This feature protects your AV receiver's settings from inadvertently being changed.
Input Name: The names of the receiver input functions can be changed as desired. The maximum number of characters that can be registered for the names is 8, including spaces. The function names that you register will appear on the unit's display.
Sleep Timer: The receiver offers a Sleep Timer which will automatically turn the unit off after 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, or 120 minutes.
Learning Remote: The provided IR wireless remote control is a universal learning remote control. The remote features a adjustable backlit LCD window which displays information about the sources and modes selected from the remote control. The remote control's buttons are also backlit with a press of a button. This remote is preset with remote codes for Marantz AV components. The remote also contains codes for other manufactures which can be programmed. In addition, the remote control is capable of learning and storing codes used by other remote controls (this remote is capable of learning around 160 codes). You can use the remote control to program a series of button operations in sequence. This remote can remember up to 6 macro functions; each macro can record a maximum of 10 steps.
HDMI Control: When you make an HDMI connection between the Marantz AV Receiver and a HDMI control-function compatible TV or Blu-ray/DVD player, you can perform the following operations.
- The AV receiver can be turned off with the TV's remote.
- You can switch audio output devices from the TV remote.
- You can adjust the AV receiver's volume with the TV remote.
- You can switch the AV receiver's input sources through the TV remote.
- When playing a Blu-ray/DVD player, the AV receiver automatically switches to the input source of the player.
Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the SR6005 from each of its zones from an external key-pad (sold separately)
DC Trigger Output: This 3.5mm output allows you to connect an external device so it can be turned on by the SR6005.
Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the SR6005 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
Bluetooth Ready: Through its proprietary M-Xport, the SR6005 offers Bluetooth capability. Simply add the optional RX101 Bluetooth adaptor (642RX101, sold separately) to the SR6005 and you can play the music stored on any Bluetooth-enabled portable device (your iPhone, iPod Touch, or PDA for example) through your home theater system. The optional RX101 doubles as an IR (infrared) receiver so you can place all your components out of sight and still maintain full remote control.