About the Marantz SR6010
A refined approach to home theater
A refined approach to home theater
The Marantz SR6010 delivers outstanding sound that we're confident even the most critical listeners will appreciate. This receiver is informed by Marantz's decades of expert engineering and constructed of high-grade audio components selected with meticulous care. Powerful audio performance combines with the latest, most immersive surround sound technology, advanced video processing, and wireless connectivity to bring you a spellbinding home theater experience in a sturdy, attractive entertainment hub that's easy to set up and control.
Ready for 4K
Every HDMI connection on the SR6010 is HDCP 2.2 compliant, so you'll be able to take full advantage of current and future Ultra HD content with a compatible 4K TV. You'll enjoy remarkable clarity and definition from 4K Blu-ray discs (a format we're excited to see later this year), online video streaming and subscription-based services, and even home movies taken with a 4K-capable camera. You don't have to wait for more content to be released before you can enjoy ultra-high-definition picture quality — the SR6010 can upscale lower-resolution signals to 4K, so all your video sources, including older DVDs and Blu-rays, will sparkle with new life.
Take your home theater above and beyond with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X™
A technology that just made its debut in home theater receivers last year, Dolby Atmos creates the most lifelike, captivating surround sound of any audio format we've heard to date. If you're watching a plane take off onscreen, your ears will follow it down the runway along with your eyes, and as it roars directly overhead you might swear your hair is blowing back. The SR6010 supports a 5.1.2 Atmos setup. If you're ready to explore this new dimension in home theater sound, you'll just need to add a pair of in-ceiling speakers to your five-channel system, or pick up a pair of Atmos enabled upward-firing speakers to project sound off your ceiling and create the height effects that make an Atmos system so riveting.
With a firmware update, this receiver also supports DTS:X surround sound, a new format which uses object-based processing similar to Dolby Atmos and overhead speakers for immersive home theater.
Multi-room music and video
If you're happy with 5.2-channel surround sound in your living room, the SR6010's surround back channels need not go to waste. Reassign them to power a set of speakers in a second area, so you can relax and enjoy music out on the patio while someone else watches a movie in the main zone. The receiver's surround back channels can also be used as height channels in a Dolby Atmos setup, or to bi-amp your front speakers for more powerful sound. A Zone 2 HDMI output lets you watch video from two separate sources in your living room and a second room.
Wireless connectivity gives you near-infinite listening options
With Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Apple AirPlay all built-in, you're not likely to find yourself at a loss for great music at a moment's notice. You'll have quick access to your own digital music library and thousands of Internet radio stations from around the world. There's also support for subscription-based services like Spotify®, Pandora®, and SiriusXM Internet radio, so you can listen to all of your on-the-go favorites through your home theater speakers.
Due to changes implemented by Pandora, this receiver is temporarily unable to connect to the Pandora service. A firmware update to resolve this issue will be released on 11/22/2016.
Captivating sound quality
Marantz engineers developed the low-noise HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found in the SR6010 in response to the limited musical fidelity they observed in conventional amps. This system uses specialized parts and metal shielding to eliminate noise. HDAMs make music come alive with open, natural sound, the way it was meant to be heard. This technology makes an especially good match with the high-resolution audio formats supported by the SR6010, serving up sumptuously detailed music. The receiver's compressed audio enhancer also revitalizes lower-resolution audio formats, so you can get the most out of any music source you select.
Simplified setup and operation
You won't need to spend hours poring over the owner's manual to set up the SR6010, thanks to Marantz's Setup Assistant. Just plug in the receiver, connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable, and follow the on-screen instructions to get your system connected in no time. Then plug the included setup microphone into the SR6010's front panel, and the Audyssey MultEQ calibration system measures your speakers and the room's acoustics to give you optimal sound. Smart Select buttons on the receiver and remote allow for easy source switching, and the receiver remembers sound settings for each input. The Marantz AVR Remote App for iOS® and Android™ lets you use your mobile device as a Wi-Fi remote for easy, intuitive home theater control.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 110 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding, including Dolby Atmos
- next-generation DTS:X surround sound available via firmware update
- video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- Audyssey "Platinum" speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT32 auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance for as many as eight seating positions (expandable to 32 seating positions with a professional installer)
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
- Audyssey Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
- Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Audyssey Dynamic Surround Expansion broadens the soundstage with the option to connect front height and/or front wide speakers
Digital Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, SiriusXM, and free Internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- firmware update needed to connect to Pandora: available 11/22/2016
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod®, iPhone® or thumb drive
- direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 2.8 MHz .dsf files)
- DLNA certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- M-DAX (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- power amp assign function lets you use the surround back speaker outputs for a second room while enjoying 5.2-channel sound in the main room
- line-level output for Zone 2 for use with additional receiver, amplifier, or powered speakers
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- supports 2nd zone output from digital sources
Audio Performance Features:
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) offers improved dynamic range and detail while reducing noise
- current feedback circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- Pure Direct mode turns off unused circuitry for cleaner audio signals
- bi-amp capability with compatible front speakers by reassigning "surround back" channels
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 2 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 4 in, 1 out (includes front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo audio inputs
- phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- front-panel USB port
- outputs for 11 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Front Height L/R, Front Wide L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 7 channels at once
- Surround Back speakers can be reassigned for Zone 2 or bi-amping compatible front speakers
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- support for third-party control systems by Control4 and Crestron for home automation
- 1/4" headphone output
- detachable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Marantz remote app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- Video Select lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-3/8"W x 6-5/16"H x 16-7/16"D (9-1/8"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 25.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SR-6010
What's in the box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC025SR)
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB)
- Microphone stand
- 2 Bluetooth/WLAN antennas
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes on Radio
- "Firmware Update" note
- Warranty Information (US/CA)
- Microphone Stand Assembly Instructions
- Sheet of self-adhesive cable labels
- Spotify brochure
Marantz SR6010 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Marantz SR6010
Features & specs
7-Channel Discrete Amplifier: The Marantz SR6010 is equipped with a power amplifier that reproduces high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound reproduction. The 7 channel amplifier is rated at 110 watts with 2 channels driven (20-20kHz, 8-ohms, 0.08% THD).
Amplifier Assignment: The SR6010 supports up to 7.1 channels (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and SW) for surround playback defined by the Blu-ray disc format. The seven amplifier channels built into the receiver are typically used for 7.1 channel surround in the main room, but there are various amplifier configurations to accommodate your home theater setup:
- 9.1Ch: Assigns all seven internal amplifiers to the receiver's main zone and also requires a 2ch external amplifier for 9.1ch playback. The Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Front Height, and Front Wide L/R speakers are powered by the internal amps. The receiver will automatically switch between the Front Height and Front Wide speakers (Dolby Atmos/DTS:X)based on soundfield setting. The Surround Back L/R speakers will need to be powered by an external 2ch amplifier. Zone 2 requires separate amp.
- 7.1ch: The AV receiver's amplifier channels can be configured as Front, Center, Surround , and Surround Back for Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and Dolby Pro Logic IIx 7.1ch playback. Zone 2 requires separate amp.
- 5.1ch + Zone 2: The SR6010's amplifier channels can be configured as Front, Center, Surround, and Zone 2 for Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby Pro Logic II 5.1ch playback in the main zone and 2ch PCM playback in the second zone.
- 5.1ch Bi-Amp: The AV receiver's amplifier channels can be configured as Front Bi-Amp, Center, and Surround for Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby Pro Logic II 5.1ch playback in the main zone. Bi-amping the front speakers achieves higher-quality sound. Zone 2 requires separate amp.
- 5.1ch + Front B: The AV receiver's amplifier channels can be configured as Front, Center, Surround, and Front B for 5.1ch & 2ch playback in the main zone so you can switch back and forth between your home theater speakers and your stereo speakers. Zone 2 requires separate amp.
Note: The receiver's Front Height and Front Wide speakers can be configured as Top Front, Top Middle, Top Rear, Front Dolby, or Surround Dolby for Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround, DTS:X, or DTS:X Neural:X.
Exclusive HDAM & Current Feedback Technology : Incorporating technology derived from Marantz's Reference Series components, the SR6010 features Marantz's exclusive HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) system, which combines ultra fast slew rate and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today's high resolution audio formats. The SR6010 also incorporates Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior audio fidelity
24-Bit/192kHz DACs: The Marantz SR6010 utilizes a 192kHz/24-bit D/A converter on each of the unit's seven channels for exceptional sound quality. The 192kHz sampling and 24-bit word length capabilities of the DACs allows you to play high-resolution recordings and hear the increased clarity, detail and dynamic range of those recordings.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): The Marantz SR6010 is equipped with a high-resolution Analog Devices (ADSP21487) 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP). All elements of the Surround Processor are optimized to the highest standards by the use of selected high performance and discrete components, particularly the A/D and D/A converters and the sophisticated DSP surround decoder. The SR6010 is equipped with various surround modes to reproduce a variety of surround sound effects, according to the content of the source to be played. The receiver features Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD decoding; as well as offers Dolby Pro Logic II/X audio processing.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS: DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo: 6
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx
Note: Dolby Digital and DTS listening modes can only be selected if your audio source is connected to the A/V receiver via a digital audio connection (HDMI, optical, or coaxial). To enjoy true 7.1ch Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD surround sound, the receiver must be connected to your Blu-ray player via HDMI.
Immersive Surround Sound: The Marantz SR6010 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats - like Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround, DTS:X, and Neural:X.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. The SR6010 has the processing power to run a more enveloping 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos layout utilizing ceiling mounted or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers (sold separately). A 5.1.2 speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by 2 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch & multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS:X: DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space. Firmware update now available; click here.
- DTS Neural:X: Further, DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format. Firmware update now available; click here.
Direct Listening Modes: The Marantz SR6010 offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Source Direct provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct goes a step further by turning off the receiver's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noised being added to the audio signal.
Stereo Modes: The Marantz SR6010 surround receiver also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers. The 2CH Stereo mode is for playing in two channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer. Multi-Channel Stereo mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers. Virtual Speaker mode lets you enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Audyssey Platinum The Marantz SR6010 features the Audyssey Platinum suite of powerful DSP features; including MultEQ XT32, Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ, Sub EQ HT, Low Frequency Containment, and Audyssey DSX.
- MultEQ XT32: With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. You can select from three types of MutlEQ XT32 compensation curves - Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off). The SR6010 is also Audyssey Pro Installer ready.
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
- Audyssey Sub EQ HT: Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration. Audyssey Dynamic Surround Expansion dramatically broadens the surround soundstage for the ultimate surround sound experience with the option of connecting front height and/or front wide speakers.
- LFC (Low Frequency Containment): Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
- Audyssey Dynamic Surround Expansion (DSX): Audyssey DSX adds front effect speakers to improve spatial sound reproduction. Starting with a 5.1 channel system, DSX adds front Wide and/or front Height channels for better sound staging (although both wide and height speakers can be added, only one pair is used at a time). DSX also applies Surround Envelopment Processing to enhance the blend between the front and surround channels.
Surround Parameters: You can adjust the following surround mode parameters:
- Dolby Pro Logic II Music Settings: While listening in the Dolby Pro Logic II Music format, there are three further enhancements you can adjust - Panorama (broadens the front stereo image to the surround speakers to provide a wraparound effect, especially effective when there is limited output from the surround channels), Dimension (allows you to move the sound field forward or backward), and Center Width (allows you to adjust the width of the center channel).
- Center Image: In the Neo:6 Music mode, the Center Image feature adjusts the output of the left and right channels relative to the center channel, allowing you to make the center channel more or less dominant as needed. This improves the image of the center channel, especially when the listener is off-center. Adjustment varies from 5 (nothing subtracted from the L/R channels) to 0 (L/R channel output is cut in half).
- Center Spread: In the Dolby Surround mode, Center Spread expands the center channel signal to left and right front speakers to create a wider frontal audio image for the listener. It is optimized and designed primary for playback of stereo music content.
- Audyssey DSX Settings: While listening in the Audyssey DSX audio format, there are two further enhancements you can adjust; Stage Height (adjust sound stage height +/-10 when using front height speakers) and Stage Width (adjust sound stage width when using front wide speakers)
Audio Enhancements: The Marantz SR6010 receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic (including PL II, PL IIx, PL IIz), and DTS Neo:6 modes.
- M-DAX: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The M-DAX function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
Level Adjustments: The SR6010 provides the following level adjustments.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
- Dialogue Level: You can adjust the output level (+/-12dB) to clarify the dialogue output from the center channel.
- Subwoofer Level: You can set the receiver's subwoofer output level (+/-12dB) independent from the other speaker levels and system's main volume.
Volume Settings: The SR6010 offers the following volume settings.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB).
- Volume Limit: You can set a maximum volume level of 0dB (80), -10dB (70), or -20dB (60) to limit the receiver's total volume output.
- Turn-On Volume: You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18dB, or Last)
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
Audio Inputs/Outputs: The Marantz AV receiver offers a variety of analog and digital audio inputs/outputs.
- Assignable Digital Inputs: The SR6010 features two optical digital (Toslink) inputs and two coaxial digital inputs. Each input can be assigned to any of the different input sources except Tuner.
- Phono Input: The Marantz SR6010 is fitted with a Phono input (MM), so you can connect your turntable and listen to your vinyl records with high-quality sound.
- 7.1 Channel Input: The SR6010 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound. If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input.
- 7.2ch Pre-Outs: The A/V receiver features 7.2ch pre-outs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers. The pre-outs are variable. The same signal is output from each sub output.
- Color-Coded Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual). The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 4 to 16-ohm. The AV receiver comes with color labels to easily identify which channel a speaker cable should be connected to. Since the speaker cables have labels in the same colors as the connectors on the SR6010's rear panel, there's no longer any confusion about which terminals they should be connected to.
- Headphone Output: The receiver features a 1/4" stereo headphone jack on its front panel for connecting a pair of optional headphones. The unit's speakers will automatically be turned off when a set of headphones are connected.
HDMI 2.0a: The Marantz SR6010 AV receiver is fitted with eight HDMI 2.0a inputs (7 rear/1 front) and two HDMI 2.01 outputs to deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video signals. The two HDMI outputs are discrete and allow you to enjoy different audio/video sources in different room. The HDMI 2.0a jacks support 4K/60Hz and 1080p video signals; as well as 4:4:4: Pure Color sub-sampling pass-through, another feature of the latest HDMI 2.0a specification. 3D video, ARC functionality, Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, and auto Lip-Sync compensation is also supported via HDMI. The AV receiver's HDMI jacks support 2-channel and multi-channel linear PCM (up to 8-channel) and Bitstream (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc) digital audio formats.
- 4K/60Hz Pass Through: The receiver's HDMI inputs and HDMI outputs support 4K/60Hz Ultra-HD, 4:4:4 Pure Color, and 21:9 video pass-through, a feature of the latest HDMI 2.0a specification for Ultra-HD content. They also support 1080p (24 or 60Hz) for playback of high-definition content from Blu-ray, satellite/cable, and gaming devices. All of the receiver's HDMI jacks are compatible with the HDCP2.2 copyright protection standard for 4K service providers.
- 3D Ready: The SR6010 is compatible with 3D-ready Blu-ray disc movies, video games, and other 3D content through its HDMI (v.1.4) connections. 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be needed.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of receiver's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Deep/x.v.Color Support: The SR6010 also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
- LipSync: This feature automatically compensates for the timing shift between the audio and video of the receiver. If needed, the audio signal can be manually delayed to match the video signal; adjust from 0-200ms.
4K Video Upconversion: The Marantz AV receiver's sophisticated video processor provides upconversion from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160 pixels), which lets you connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (HDMI) video sources to the SR6010 and then connect to your HDTV with just a single HDMI cable.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): In addition to handling 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution, the SR6010 also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Wide Color Gamut compatibility via its HDMI 2.0a jacks for full support of Ultra-HD Blu-ray. HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When the AV receiver is in "Standby" mode and the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers HDMI input will be output to your television, via the AV receiver's HDMI monitor output. Once the receiver is turned "On", only video will pass through the monitor output to your TV and the audio is directed to the receiver's speaker outputs.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
Advanced ISFccc Video Calibration: The SR6010 is certified by the Imaging Science Foundation to deliver top video quality, and the unit also features advanced ISFccc video calibration controls that allow for precision fine-tuning of the connected HDTV, even if it's not an ISF certified set. You can choose from a variety of Picture Modes - Standard, Movie, Vivid, Streaming, ISF Day, ISF Night, Custom, or Off. The Custom mode lets you manually adjust Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Noise Reduction, and Enhancer (sharpness).
Analog Video Inputs: The receiver features four composite video inputs (3 rear/1 front) and one composite video monitor output; supports up to 480i. There are also two component video inputs (60MHz) and one component video monitor output; supports up to 1080p.
Video Select Function: You can switch the video input source on the receiver while listening to a different audio signal from iPod, USB, CD, Tuner, Online Music, or Bluetooth.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Marantz SR6010 receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to connect the receiver to your home network. The unit also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n; 2.4GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Either network connection gives the receiver access to your DLNA music server and various online music services. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual Setting, PIN Code, or even through your Apple iOS device (5.0+).
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
Online Services: The Marantz SR6010 lets you access Internet Radio, as well as other online music and photo services from your broadband Internet connection. Currently the SR6010 supports Internet Radio from vTuner, Pandora, Spotify Connect, and SiriusXM; as well as the Flickr online photo sharing site (as of 9/16/2015). The Marantz receiver offers on-screen menu display and control over these web services.
|Online Services|| |
|vTuner||The online vTuner service which offers easy browsing of internet radio stations and podcasts. vTuner enables access to web-based radio stations and podcasts via an extremely reliable online database with a wide variety of content. Internet Radio stations in MP3 (32-320kbps), WMA (48-192kbps), and AAC (16-320kbps) format are supported. You can browse content by Genre, Location, Language, and Favorites. You can store up to 56 Internet Radio stations as presets. The unit will automatically save up to 20 of the most recently played stations.|
|Pandora (requires future firmware update scheduled for 11/22)||Once the network audio player is registered with your Pandora account, you can listen to the automated music recommendation and Internet Radio service. You can create up to 100 personalized radio stations. You can sort tracks within these radio stations. You can skip up to 6 tracks that are being played back within 1 hour. You can also thumbs-up/thumbs-down and bookmark tracks. In Pandora, you can search for the track name or artist name using "keyword" searches. When the search is complete, tracks that have a similar rhythm or sound are streamed.|
|SiriusXM||SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.|
|Spotify Connect||If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify the Marantz AV receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.|
|Flickr||Flickr is an online photograph sharing service that started in 2004. You can use this unit to view photographs on a connected TV that have been made public by Flickr users. You will need to setup an Flickr account to download, upload, and view photographs.|
DLNA 1.5 Certified: The SR6010 is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7 compliant for audio and photo networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music and still-images (JPEG) stored on your Windows PC. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through the A/V receiver and view still-images on your connected TV, or use the SR6010's remote control to browse music & photo files on your hard drive. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and META tag information; so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display or on-screen menu. In addition the unit will display Album Art on a connected television. The Marantz SR6010 supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
|Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.flac|
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11/12).
Favorites: You can add up to 100 items as "Favorites" from vTuner, Pandora, SiriusXM, Flickr, and your media server for easier, quicker access.
AM/FM Tuner: The Marantz AV receiver features a built-in AM/FM tuner with 56 station auto-preset memory tuning. You can also set your presets manually. You can create an 8-character name for each preset station. You can even directly enter a station number using the receiver's on-screen menu and remote control.
IP Control: The Marantz SR6010 can also be set up and operated by a home computer on the network via IP control, either via wired LAN connection or via WiFi wireless connection. The SR6010 also features Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) certification for quick and easy integration with Control4 home automation equipment.
HEOS Multiroom Compatible: Thanks to the AV receiver's network and IP control capability, it can be integrated into a HEOS whole home audio system via the HEOS Link (sold separately) and the HEOS app for Apple iOS (7.0+) & Android OS (2.3+). The HEOS Link connects to the AV receiver's Zone 2 preouts and a set of stereo RCA inputs or optical digital input on the receiver. Now, you can send the receiver's Zone 2 audio to other HEOS speakers in different rooms of your home, as well as play back audio from other HEOS devices through the AV receiver. From the app on your mobile device, you'll be able to control the receiver along with other HEOS gear and listen to music throughout your home. The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system can support up to 32 HEOS products (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
- Music: You can select which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from the receiver's Zone 2 audio, the Link's built-in online music services (like TuneIn, Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, Amazon Music or TIDAL, ), the music library on your mobile device), and more.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual HEOS devices into a group that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 HEOS products per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group eight rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: The AV receiver only allows one IP connection for control. If the receiver is already being controlled by a 3rd party control system via IP, then the HEOS Link will not be able to control it.
Software Updates: Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Marantz server. Visit Marantz's Owner's Circle for access to downloads to keep the Marantz receiver up-to-date.
iPod/iPhone Direct: The Marantz AV receiver offers wired (via USB) and wireless (via AirPlay) connectivity for your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad. You can even watch video from your Apple device via the receiver's front-panel HDMI input.
- AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the AV receiver, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the AV receiver. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the AV receiver; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the AV receiver. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
- USB Direct: The SR6010 supports digital music playback from an iPod, iPhone, or iPad using its front-panel USB (type-A) port. Simply plug your compatible Apple device into the receiver's front-panel USB port, using the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone/iPad. Stored music and music apps from your connected Apple device can be played through the AV receiver, bypassing the iPod/iPhone D/A converter for better sound quality. The iPod/iPhone/iPad can be controlled by the receiver's remote, or you can continue to use the Apple device's clickwheel or touchscreen. You can search for stored music on your iPod/iPhone/iPad by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. Song/artist information and Album Art from stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone will display on your connected TV via HDMI (song/artist text will also display on receiver's front-panel display).
- HDMI Video: You can also view video from stored movies and movie apps from select iPods, iPhone, and iPads by connecting your Apple device to the AV receiver's front-panel USB and HDMI input. Use the Apple Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter (472LT2HDMI sold separately), the Apple Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your device, and a HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect your Lightning connector iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to the AV receiver. Use the Apple Dock-to-Digital AV Adapter (sold separately), the Apple Dock-to-USB cable that came with your device, and a HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect your iPod touch (4th gen), iPhone 4/4S, or iPad (1/2/3). Using the HDMI input, video from your iPod/iPhone/iPad can only be navigated from your Apple device's clickwheel or touchscreen.
Note: Your Apple iPod/iPhone's battery will be charged while connected to the receiver (max. 1A). This unit will not charge the iPad.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Marantz SR6010 is "made for iPod/iPhone" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 10/13/2015).
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Connector Type||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|USB||Bluetooth||AirPlay||Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Front-Panel USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as your Android smartphone (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32. The unit can recognize up to 500 folders/5,000 files. You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Song/artist information will display on your HDMI-connected TV and the receivers front-panel display. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
Compatible Audio Formats Sampling Frequencies Bit rate Extension WMA (Windows Media Audio) 32/44.1/48 kHz 48-192 kbps .wma MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3) 32/44.1/48 kHz 32-320 kbps .mp3 WAV 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz 16/24-bit .wav MPEG-4 AAC 32/44.1/48 kHz 48-320 kbps .aac/.m4a/.mp4 FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz 16/24-bit .flac ALAC 32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz 16/24-bit .m4a AIFF 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz 16/24-bit .aif/.aiff DSD 2.8 MHz 1-bit .dsf/.dff
Note: The receiver's USB port cannot be used with a USB hub or computer.
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Wizard (via HDMI): With the on-screen graphical display that combines large clear text and colorful icons, plus the Marantz Setup Assistant, setup is both simple and quick, letting you easily make all necessary adjustments and settings to quickly and easily optimize the SR6010 for your particular speaker configuration and source equipment. When you control the sound volume, the volume level is displayed on the screen, and when you switch the input source, the name of the input source is displayed. The on-screen menu display can only be output to your TV via HDMI.
Note: The receiver's front-panel LCD window only displays source input and volume. You will need to connect this receiver up to your TV via HDMI to configure speaker, network, input, and system settings through the AV receiver's on-screen menu.
Smart Select: On the SR6010's front-panel, you'll find four Smart Select buttons that let you quickly choose from the most popular input sources; the ergonomically designed remote also includes Smart Select function buttons. With Smart Select, the SR6010 remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
Multi-Source/Multi-Zone: The Marantz SR6010 offers Zone 2 and All Zone Stereo functionality for playback of audio in two separate rooms of your home. In addition, this unit is equipped with an HDMI Zone 2 output connector for transfer of audio/video from connected HDMI sources to Zone 2.
- Line-Level or Speaker-Level Zone 2 (Audio only): Zone 2 allows stereo audio playback of another source
connected to the receiver in another room of your home via left/right RCA
audio or speaker level outputs. When using the SR6010 to power speakers in a
second room of your home, the main zone is restricted to 5.1-channels. When
using the receiver's line output terminals for the second room you need an
additional amplifier to power those speakers; the main Zone of the receiver
remains 7.1-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the Marantz
receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using
- Compatible Sources: Compatible Zone 2 sources include Analog audio inputs, HDMI audio (2ch PCM), Optical/Coaxial digital inputs (2ch PCM), AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone), USB (including iPod/iPhone), AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio (different network sources cannot be played back in multiple zones at the same time), and DLNA/Media Server content.
- Incompatible Sources: Analog video signals and DSD audio cannot be sent to Zone 2. Unfortunately, you cannot select USB and Network sources exclusively for each Zone. For example, if you select a network source for Zone 2 when a USB source is selected for the Main Zone, the input source in the Main Zone also switches to the same network source as Zone 2 (this scenario also includes Bluetooth).
- HDMI Zone 2 (Audio/Video): The SR6010 also incorporates multi-zone HDMI audio/video distribution for Zone 2 with the inclusion of its HDMI matrix switching functionality. The receiver can send two different HDMI video feeds to two displays at the same time directly from the receiver. HDMI Zone 2 also supports 2ch PCM audio from the HDMI input source selected. The HDMI Zone 2 function is only compatible with the HDMI 1-7 input connectors. It is not compatible with the HDMI 8 input connector or any other input source. Volume of HDMI Zone 2 is controlled from the TV or additional receiver in Zone 2.
- All Zone Stereo Function: The All Zone Stereo function allows you to enjoy the AV receiver's Main Zone audio source in Zone 2 simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types; analog or digital). During the All Zone Stereo mode, only the "Multi Ch Stereo" and "Stereo" sound modes can be selected. You will have independent volume control in each zone. All Zone Stereo mode is useful when you want to enjoy the same music at the same time in multiple rooms during a get together or party.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV and FLAC music files via USB or DLNA.
Source Rename + Panel Lock: You can change the display name (up to 8 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn't being used, you can delete it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources. To prevent accidental operation of this unit, you can disable operation of the buttons on the front-panel.
Dual Backup Memory Function: This receiver stores its settings in a nonvolatile memory even when the main power supply is turned off. Using the Dual Backup Memory function, you can write settings information to another memory area to back up saved settings for recovery anytime as needed.
- Personal Memory Plus: This function sets the settings (input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, MultEQ, Dynamic EQ, audio delay, etc.) last selected for the individual input sources.
- Last Function Memory: This function stores the settings which were made before going into the standby mode. When the power is turned back on, the settings are restored.
Timers: The Marantz AV receiver features a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Standby function.
- Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Auto Standby: The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (15/30/60 minutes). Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto Standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
Smart ECO Mode: This receiver is equipped with a Smart ECO Mode function that allows you to enjoy music and movies while reducing the power consumption during use, Smart Eco Mode adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level selected to reduce power consumption.
Protection Circuit: This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs. In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Marantz SR6010 features built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1+EDR) with support for profiles A2DP 1.2 and AVRCP 1.4. You'll be able to wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, and more to the Marantz receiver. Up to eight Bluetooth devices can be remembered by the SR6010, so family members as well as friends can enjoy their favorite tracks.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the Marantz receiver offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Control & Song/Artist Display: You will be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the receiver's remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device. Song/Artist information is displayed on your HDMI-connected TV and the receiver's front-panel LCD.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Marantz AV receiver.
Marantz Remote App: The Marantz Remote App lets you control the Marantz Network A/V receiver using your Apple iOS or Android device. Simply download the free Marantz Remote App from the Apple App Store onto your Apple iOS device (iOS 4.3+), or download the free Marantz Remote App from the Google Play Store onto your compatible Android device (1.5+). The AV receiver will need to be connected to the same network as your Apple iOS or Android device. This free Remote App lets you control the Marantz A/V receiver's basic functions (power, volume, input, surround modes) from your Apple iOS or Android device for all zones of the receiver. You can even navigate the A/V receiver's network and Internet content from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. For added convenience, there are eight customizable home screen short cut buttons that allow you to tailor the look and function of the Marantz Remote App to suit your needs.
IR Remote w/ HDMI-CEC The Marantz SR6010 comes with an IR wireless remote control that can operate this receiver only. The Marantz AV receiver can also be used to control select external audio/video components connected via HDMI which support HDMI control. When you make an HDMI connection with a TV or player compatible with the SR6010's HDMI control function, you can perform the operations from the SR6010's remote control; Power off, Switching of audio output devices, Switching of audio input devices, Volume adjustment, and Playback functions.
Remote Connections: The Marantz SR6010 is fitted with the following custom remote inputs/outputs.
- Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the SR6010 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the SR6010 from an external key-pad (sold separately).
- DC Trigger Output: The DC trigger output (3.5mm) allows you to connect an external device so it can be turned on by the SR6010.
- RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
The Marantz SR6010 replaces these items
- 7-channel amplifier; 110 watts per channel with 2 channels driven
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth let you play music wirelessly from smartphones, tablets, and computers; built-in support for Spotify®, Pandora®, Internet radio, and SiriusXM
- simultaneous audio and video playback in as many as two rooms
5 questions already asked