About the Marantz SR7010
Ahead of the pack
Ahead of the pack
With all of the different home theater receivers there are to choose from, what is it that makes one model stand out above the rest? If you ask us, sound quality is the number one factor, so the receiver that combines the highest-quality sound with the most up-to-date features and connectivity takes the prize. Marantz's flagship SR7010 is a serious contender with its powerful amplifier section and high-grade components. Thanks to 4K Ultra HD upscaling and pass-through, along with support for high-resolution music formats, this formidable receiver breathes new life into music and movies. Multi-zone capabilities mean you can enjoy all of that goodness in different rooms, and wireless connectivity puts near-infinite listening options at your fingertips while providing a smooth control interface on your phone or tablet.
Ready for 4K
Every HDMI connection on the SR7010 is HDCP 2.2 compliant, so you'll be able to take full advantage of current and future Ultra HD content with a compatible 4K TV. You'll enjoy remarkable clarity and definition from 4K Blu-ray discs (a format we're excited to see later this year), online video streaming and subscription-based services, and even home movies taken with a 4K-capable camera. You don't have to wait for more content to be released before you can enjoy ultra-high-definition picture quality — the SR7010 can upscale lower-resolution signals to 4K, so all your video sources, including older DVDs and Blu-rays, will sparkle with new life.
Take your home theater above and beyond with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X™
A technology that just made its debut in home theater receivers last year, Dolby Atmos creates the most lifelike, captivating surround sound of any audio format we've heard to date. If you're watching a plane take off onscreen, your ears will follow it down the runway along with your eyes, and as it roars directly overhead you might swear your hair is blowing back. The SR7010 supports a 5.1.2 Atmos setup. If you're ready to explore this new dimension in home theater sound, you'll just need to add a pair of in-ceiling speakers to your five- or seven-channel system, or pick up a pair of Atmos enabled upward-firing speakers to project sound off your ceiling and create the height effects that make an Atmos system so riveting.
Here's a breakdown of all the Dolby Atmos speaker configurations this receiver supports:
- 7.1.2 - seven conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and two overhead or height speakers
- 5.1.4 - five conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and four overhead or height speakers
- 5.1.2 - five conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and two overhead or height speakers
- 7.1.4 - seven conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and four overhead or height speakers (requires an external stereo power amp)
You can use one or two subwoofers with any of these configurations.
With a firmware update, this receiver also supports DTS:X surround sound, a new format which uses object-based processing similar to Dolby Atmos and overhead speakers for immersive home theater.
Multi-room music and video
If you're happy with 5.2- or 7.2-channel surround sound in your living room, the SR7010's surround back and height channels need not go to waste. Reassign them to power a set of speakers in up to two additional rooms, and you can relax and enjoy music out on the patio while someone else watches a movie in the main zone. The extra channels can also be used to bi-amp your front speakers for more powerful sound. A dedicated Zone 2 HDMI output lets you watch video from two separate sources in your living room and a second room. A third HDMI output lets you send the same video content from your main zone to a TV in a different room or a projector in the same room.
Wireless connectivity gives you near-infinite listening options
With Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Apple AirPlay all built-in, you're not likely to find yourself at a loss for great music at a moment's notice. You'll have quick access to your own digital music library and thousands of Internet radio stations from around the world. There's also support for subscription-based services like Spotify®, Pandora®, and SiriusXM Internet radio, so you can listen to all of your on-the-go favorites through your home theater speakers.
Due to changes implemented by Pandora, this receiver is temporarily unable to connect to the Pandora service. A firmware update to resolve this issue will be released on 11/22/2016.
Captivating sound quality
Marantz engineers developed the low-noise HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found in the SR7010 in response to the limited musical fidelity they observed in conventional amps. This system uses specialized parts and metal shielding to eliminate noise. HDAMs make music come alive with open, natural sound, the way it was meant to be heard. This technology makes an especially good match with the high-resolution audio formats supported by the SR7010, serving up sumptuously detailed music. The receiver's compressed audio enhancer also revitalizes lower-resolution audio formats, so you can get the most out of any music source you select.
Simplified setup and operation
You won't need to spend hours poring over the owner's manual to set up the SR7010, thanks to Marantz's Setup Assistant. Just plug in the receiver, connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable, and follow the on-screen instructions to get your system connected in no time. Then plug the included setup microphone into the SR7010's front panel, and the Audyssey MultEQ calibration system measures your speakers and the room's acoustics to give you optimal sound. Smart Select buttons on the receiver and remote allow for easy source switching, and the receiver remembers sound settings for each input. The Marantz AVR Remote App for iOS® and Android™ lets you use your mobile device as a Wi-Fi remote for easy, intuitive home theater control.
Power and Processing:
- 9-channel amplifier
- 125 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping surround sound; compatible with 7-, 9-, or 11-channel setups (11 channels requires an external stereo power amp)
- next-generation DTS:X surround sound available via firmware update
- Auro-3D® ready decoder for creating three-dimensional soundfields with Auro-3D soundtrack mixes and a 10.1-channel speaker configuration (requires $199 firmware upgrade for activation; see more information)
- video upconversion (up to 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- Audyssey "Platinum" speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT32 advanced auto setup and room calibration uses high-resolution digital processing filters to deliver balanced, dynamic sound to as many as 8 listening positions (expandable to 32 with a professional installer)
- DSX® (Dynamic Surround Expansion) optimizes "front height" or "front width" speakers to create a larger soundstage with more engaging surround effects
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
Digital Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, SiriusXM, and free Internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- firmware update needed to connect to Pandora: available 11/22/2016
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod®, iPhone or thumb drive
- direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 2.8 MHz .dsf files)
- DLNA certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- M-DAX2™ (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- three-room/three-source output
- play music from three different sources in up to three rooms simultaneously
- amp assign feature lets you reassign extra surround channels to second and third zones
- line-level outputs for Zones 2 and 3 for use with additional receiver, amplifier, or powered speakers
- 2 independent HDMI outputs for watching video content from different sources in two rooms simultaneously
- supports 2nd/3rd zone playback of digital sources (audio from HDMI sources is limited to Zones 1 and 2)
- component and composite video outputs can be assigned to Zone 2
Audio Performance Features:
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) offers improved dynamic range and detail while reducing noise
- current feedback circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- Pure Direct mode turns off unused circuitry for cleaner audio signals
- bi-amp capability with compatible front speakers by reassigning "surround back" or "height" channels
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- component video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 4 in, 2 out (includes front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 6 analog stereo audio inputs (including front-panel input)
- phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 13.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB memory devices and an iPod or iPhone
- outputs for 11 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 9 channels at once
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- RS-232C, remote, and 12 volt-trigger connections for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone output
- detachable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Marantz remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- Video Select lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- built-in HD Radio™ tuner
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-5/16"W x 7-5/16"H x 16-1/4"D (9-3/4"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 30.4 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SR-7010
What's in the box:
- 9.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC026SR)
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB)
- Microphone stand
- 2 Bluetooth/WLAN antennas
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes on Radio
- "Firmware Update" note
- Warranty Information (US/CA)
- Microphone Stand Assembly Instructions
- Sheet of self-adhesive cable labels
- "DTS:X Ready" note
- Spotify brochure
Marantz SR7010 reviews
For the first 9 months this AV receiver worked flawlessly. However it then developed HDMI issues. After being in the shop for 3 weeks and after replacing the HDMI board the issues still persisted. Marantz told the service center to ship it back to them for replacement with a factory refurbished unit. I as a little leery of a refurb but felt that I had no choice. After another week a refurbished SR7011 arrived. It seems like the only difference is the HEOS technology, which the SR7010 didn't have. After connecting everything up the SR7011 seems to function perfectly. I hope this continues. HDMI issues seem to be a weak point for Marantz. I hope they are finally resolved.
Pros: Great sound and video. Easy to set up.
Cons: HDMI handshaking not reliable.
0 of 0 found this helpful
When the salesman asked what I wanted I gave him a price range figuring I would buy a better $350 surround sound unit. I had money to burn and no experience with higher end equipment. Well I was in for a shock! Not for a novice or anyone with a short temper. After a year of daily use I began to surround the unit with decent speakers. I went with a pair of Martin Logan 60xt tower speakers up front then added a m- l center speaker motion 8 . For the rear speakers I went with jbL arena180 tower units, It is a small living room 14' wide by 22' long. It really took a full year to make friends with the marantz but since then it is my best friend and buyer's remorse is long gone. I of course added an m-l subwoofer dynamo 300. Looking to add a second subwoofer maybe a up firing or front firing unit. But do not tell my wife I want four ceiling speakers. I luv all the different ways I can adjust each speaker . Wish I understood more of the terminology, but even after reading an explanation I still don't understand. But I am learning. It's a gas if u have patience or r an electrical engineer. Both would be helpful! Love movies in 7.1 dts since I added a pair of small pair of front height speakers which added deepness to the front even on low amplification. I surly recommend high end marantz home theater units.
0 of 0 found this helpful
After auditioning several of the top rated receivers out there, I believe this one is one of the best you can buy. If you own good quality speakers and you don't feel like you are currently taking advantage of them using a receiver, you will really hear them come alive with the SR7010! Excellent soundstage , imaging and clarity. Sounds great with analog stereo and 5.1/7.1/9.1 analog inputs.
Pros: Impressive sound quality for the critical listener
0 of 0 found this helpful
Everything you need in a AVR. Great sound , Atmos is Awesome!!
Pros: Power, Atmos , 9 channel amp, Auto-mic stand
0 of 0 found this helpful
Awesome receiver. plenty of features including multi room, wireless compatibility, Internet radio and the three latest sound enhancers. Very powerful, enough to power my focal Aria 926. This should be my receiver for a long time. Very happy with it.
Pros: Lots of power Wireless compatibility Sound processing
Cons: It takes some time and patience to learn the features
0 of 0 found this helpful
Great sound easy to setup and use. That along with Crutchfield customer service made this a great deal.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Amazing receiver easy to set up and audio/video is simply what you would expect for this price range receiver. I paired this with klipsch speakers and my media room rocks!
Pros: Great picture Great sound Easy to set up
Cons: Produces quiet a bit a heat, but I presume that's normal.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Awesome! Does so much!
0 of 0 found this helpful
Marantz has been in my family for several generations. My father still has a vintage turntable and equalizer. I bought this receiver after owning a SR5008, an Onkyo and a Denon. At the end of the day you can't go wrong with either one of those companies. That being said, I purchased the SR7010 for its reputation, features, the ability to add speakers to run Dolby Atmos, Audyssey and the quality of its internal components. I won't go into detail about its functions since you can read about it on Crutchfield's website. Setup was a breeze and Marantz has made it pretty straight forward. There are plenty of HDMI inputs and probably has more than enough for your AVR needs. I'm currently running a PS4 and a cable box. (And will eventually add a Blu-ray player and an amplifier to run the front speakers. (The SR7010 will run the surrounds.) So far it has plenty of power and I love the sound it produces. The build quality is solid, sans the edges of the front bezel and the on/off switch. It's not terrible by any means and for most people it won't be a big deal. I'm just knob guy. The source selector and volume knob are solid, but do have a little wiggle to them. Again, it's not the end of the world. I was able to get this on sale, and didn't pay full price. Looking at a myriad of other AVRs in the price range I was seeking, I couldn't find a better AVR. Tip: Press and hold a smart select button (1-4) on the remote to add a quick s
Pros: Plenty of features Sound Audyssey Inputs/outputs
Cons: Plastic sides on bezel Knobs/buttons could be a bit better
0 of 1 found this helpful
Great receiver for a great price
0 of 1 found this helpful
Crutchfield sales support was very helpful in selecting right product. Package came well packed and received bonus cable labels. Have only had it a couple of weeks however Marantz set up was easy to go through and sounds great.
0 of 1 found this helpful
Great features and performance at a great end-of-stock price!
Pros: easy set-up, price
0 of 1 found this helpful
The only thing better than buying this piece of audio art is buying from crutchfield. When it showed up doubled boxed and ahead of schedule there was a huge 6x6 flare spot and tear in the box. I called support and they said open iti did and found the volume knob smashed into the housing. Without skipping a beat the rep had another on order within 5 minutes and emailed my ups rga ticket. Now that I have the new one setup, I wouldn't ever buy anything but marantz or from anywhere else. I listen to hard metal loud and when this unit is paired with my klipsch floor speakers on pure direct, all my neighbors are enjoying it! Rock on crutchfield!
Pros: Set up is super friendly 125 watts a channel! Phono pre amp Simple design Apple app is great
Cons: I didn't buy one sooner!
0 of 2 found this helpful
Plenty of power. Works with def tech speakers 9.2. Honestly any other receiver more power would of been over kill for a home. You will never play it that loud
Pros: Simple to use. Design it does its job
Cons: None at this time.
0 of 2 found this helpful
Construction solid, performance outstanding. Setup was a breeze. Bluetooth hook up no problem. A no brainer for the price.
Pros: Construction User friendly Easy installation Adapts very well to any tv Apple TV direct sat
Cons: None so far, using it for three weeks now
0 of 2 found this helpful
I love the sound it puts out. Everything is clean and clear. I love that it easy to set up. It takes you step by step on your TV. And it let me know I had speak wire loose. I am happy with my new receiver
1 of 3 found this helpful
If the use of Airplay is important to you then find another receiver. This multi-zone receiver only works with Airplay in the main zone. Trying to use an iPhone (or iMac, or iPad) via Airplay connects to the main zone. Meaning, attempting to use Airplay on zone 2 or zone 3 while the main zone is doing something else (e.g., TV) will switch the main zone to Airplay and away from the TV. So When i'm in the kitchen listening to music from my iPhone on zone 2 via Airplay and adjust the volume my wife's TV show on the main zone in the family room is switched to my music. So, Airplay is of no value for this multi-zone device, which happens to be important for me.
Pros: 4k switching
Cons: Doesn't handle airplay for multi-zone.
6 of 9 found this helpful
My Sony ES receiver finally quit on me after 26 yrs, and after much research, I went with the Marantz SR7010. I am amazed how much better my old speakers sound after calibrating out the room acoustics. That in itself it a huge upgrade for me. The GUI is intuitive to use to perform all of the features that Marantz has included. This receiver is begging for me to keep adding on speaker after speaker! I thoroughly sense the higher quality of the sound and am enjoying every penny I spent.
2 of 2 found this helpful
Great Receiver! Easy to set up, Easy to use. Everything you would expect from a Marantz.
1 of 1 found this helpful
This receiver rocks! It was time to replace my Harmon-Kardon AVR-500 and have been shopping around for a great receiver with future add ons. The Marantz SR7010 fit my needs and more! I hear sounds that I never heard before. Easy set up and lots of power to drive two 15 inch subs, a set of towers, center channel and surrounds. My ears are very happy!
Pros: Easy set up Lots of power
3 of 4 found this helpful
I've only had this receiver for a couple weeks, but so far it's great. The set-up menu is very simple, there are lots of different sound mode options, and most importantly - it sounds GREAT.
0 of 1 found this helpful
Hi fidelity, surround & atoms at its best! I'm still playing around with the features to adjust the sound balance to my liking. I have this receiver paired with a set of 7 Paradigm speakers and a subwoofer, and with a 65" Samsung SUHD 9000 series TV for amazing sound and quality. Love the Bluetooth option for streaming music from my iPhone. Wish that had a better range but when the phone is within 5 feet of the receiver, the reception is excellent!
Pros: Great features Great value ($1,000 savings due to later model 7011 hitting showroom floor) Easy set up
Cons: Access to features up front requires the flap cover to stick out which keeps me from closing my cabinet. Would be nice if it slid completely out of view. Fairly large size. Could use an inch or two size loss in depth & height.
1 of 2 found this helpful
i have moved on from Pioneer,Onkyo and Sony, they all were good receiver till i got the Marantz Sr 7010.Its very easy to connect and Superb Quality is an understatement for this receiver.The sound is astonishing and very realistic and i dont have to turn volume up to listen to music any more.It also has a ton of features like bluetooth.wifi, 4K pass through preamp outs and the best caliberation speaker system in the world which is AUdessy..Service is great from D&M holdings in assisting me in using AIRPLAY.The funny thing about is i didnt expect it top be this good.
Pros: the receiver is so good, in my opinion is all GOSPEL
Cons: None Yet
2 of 7 found this helpful
The unit has a nice full rich sound, the video quality is superb and build quality is excellent. I was very surprise about how crapy the remote looked but was impress in what it can do such as control other unit and it can learn other remotes as well. The app is iffy and that's the only weakness this unit has but everything else excellent.
Pros: Sound and video quality,learning remote
Cons: Iffy app
1 of 1 found this helpful
Very nice indeed has nice look especially at night in the dark when you are watching a movie. Lots of HDMI ports, so far I've hooked up a cable box, PS3, Fire TV Stick, custom-built HTPC, and plasma TV with no issues. - A decent number of analog inputs. I haven't hooked up all my legacy equipment yet, like the laserdisc player, but I appreciate that there are assignable component video and audio inputs. Having 7.1 audio inputs sets this receiver apart from some other models. The on-screen menus look nice, especially the setup menu that walks you through hooking up various sources. Setup does not handle the case where you have HDMI video with a separate audio connection, but the input menu makes it simple to assign the digital audio inputs to various sources. There are lots of customization options, such as setting the screen to turn off after a few seconds when streaming audio, which I appreciate with my plasma TV. Audyssey MultEQ XT32 made a noticeable difference in sound reproduction.M-DAX feature really does make compressed audio sources sound better.. Its a sweet POWERFUL receiver with all the future technology built inside of it. in my opinion I give it 5***** I highly recommend it. - Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support - to me, this is the reason to get a receiver with a built-in 9-channel amp. I really want to upgrade my existing 5.1 system to a 5.1.4 Atmos setup as soon as I find the right speakers.
Pros: very nice looking, very sweet sound video quality and tons of features
1 of 2 found this helpful
By the Power of Greyskull and there it was transforming my whole living room, making my speaker sound like they have risen from the dead . Listen of folks if you have the money buy it. I don't have anything against the other receiver but a look that looks tasteful and sweet like audioholic said gotta have it
Pros: It's a living animal
Cons: Remote App
0 of 2 found this helpful
This is an outstanding value. Superior sound, great video display or pass through and superb build quality.
Pros: Price, sound, GUI, remote, build quality
1 of 3 found this helpful
Compared to my old receiver the Marantz 7010 blows it out the water. I will not have to worry about upgrading anytime soon. Now my movies and music sound so much better. I'm just an average person that can hear the difference.
2 of 3 found this helpful
Excellent AVR unit. Reproduces both music and home theater sound with a slight warmth. Power to high end speakers is substantial. Multiple configurations for speakers, bi-wiring or bi-amping give a flexible choice for setup of your home theater. Setup was a breeze with build it assistance. Took less than 30 minutes to have it fully operational. The units is simply elegant looking and with superb performance. Price and shipping from Crutchfield was first rate. Unit was supposedly back-ordered, but still received it in three business days.
Pros: Excellent product and service. Powerful unit driving five signature speakers, sub and four height units.
Cons: iPod and hi rez files played through the front USB skip for a couple of seconds at beginning while loading the album art.
2 of 4 found this helpful
The audio is superb. With conditioned power it is clean and accurate. The unit does overheat too fast, I keep it in a temperature controlled environment with good air flow but it still shuts off after less than a half hour of less than 50% of volume. Granted I have configured it to play at higher than default settings but I'm not convinced it should matter that much. Why would I want a system I couldn't turn up to enjoy all the other quality devices attached to it. Tech. Support said it was possibly protecting a speaker from blowing, but I have really good speakers connected with heavy gauge wire and banana plugs (monster cables/plugs & Polk monitor series), set up was very easy if you only wanted default settings, navigation for advanced settings was a bit difficult (an actual manual would have helped, but it's an Emmanuel, which I have yet to even open). I really like the physical size of it as it fits it's new home rather nicely The video & Pandora & Internet has been problematic & am awaiting resolution of the snowy picture and white flashes I'm experiencing. Fortunately, Crutchfield is on top of it & will no doubt resolve my problems, the unit has already been exchanged once for the same problems...smh
Pros: Footprint, power, audio.
Cons: Snowy picture, white flashing light on picture, auto shut down after little time @ less than 1/2 power.
5 of 12 found this helpful
I bought the 7010 to replace the SR7005 that had gotten zapped by lightning. It's being used specifically for audio and video in a home theater. This unit produces amazing sound. Setup was fairly easy. Plenty of power to drive the twin subs and other speakers.
Pros: Home theater sound quality is amazing. Each frequency is really precise.
Cons: Speaker set up using the on-screen layout is limited in the configurations.
5 of 8 found this helpful
Bought this receiver & within a week it started having intermittent problems with the surround sound. The center and left channels would drop out. If I unplugged the receiver waited a few minutes & plugged it back in the problem would go away. However between an hour and a day, the same problem would come back. I worked with Marantz technicians for a few weeks, trying a bunch of fixes including new HDMI cables, swapping out the Comcast box, numerous different settings & a few hard reset's of the receiver. Finally their technicians said that he thought I had a defective box and that it needed to be repaired. He then said I could not get a replacement as it was now passed the 30 day replacement warranty. Instead he said I must pay to send the brand new receiver to a 3rd party repair shop (GeorgeMeyer-AV) and they would determine if it could be fixed or not... This receiver is not cheap and I feel like I am getting the run around trying to get the thing to work right. Horrible quality, Horrible customer service - DO NOT BUY Marantz - I should have bought a Yamaha. My friend has a Yamaha RX-A2040 and it sounds better than my Marantz (when it is working) and he has not had to deal with any problems like I have - BUYER BEWARE
Pros: good looking receiver, 4K future ready
Cons: extremely poor customer service, poor quality - Also, while Marantz claims to have 125W/channel, it is substantially less powerful vs my old 125W Onkyo I was replacing. - Don't waste your money with Marantz. You may get lucky and get one that works, but if you don't, you are in for a nightmare dealing with Marantz's returns policy.
32 of 36 found this helpful
Pros: Easy installation and setup HDMI 2.2 compatible for all 4K content Very clean design. Crutchfield customer service is unbeatable.
Cons: ATMOS not as impressive as I thought it would be. Manual speaker level adjustment sounds better. Still can't figure represents out which surround mode is best for particular movie
2 of 3 found this helpful
I purchased this Marantz receiver back in October and love the performance. Movies have plenty of punch and music sounds great too. The Marantz support for tech issues or help in setting up has been great. The factory remote is a bit confusing with too many buttons but we are using a separate Harmony remote so no issues there.
Pros: Sound, features, stylish, lots of features behind the door and out of sight, great company support
Cons: A bit expensive, factory remote a bit confusing
4 of 4 found this helpful
Marantz SR 7010. I love this amplifier. I own a classic 1980's Marantz Amplifier and separate Marantz tuner that was shelved when technology changed. Since then I have owned Yamaha, Sony, & Denon Stereo Receivers, all top models in their time. This Marantz SR 7010 has all the bells and whistles. I am driving a 5.1 home theater in the Main section, two Master Bedroom speakers and two Living Rm/Dining Room speaker in Zone 2, and finally four outdoor speakers in Zone 3. This Marantz eliminated the need for a speaker switching box and allows me to drive any or all of the zones together, or select different sources in different zones. Now with HD Radio, Internet Radio, Online Music and 3D/2D Blu-ray and playing on 4K, I have it all.
Pros: Virtually all input connections possible. Network (wired and wireless), HDMI (ARC), Assignable Zone 2 and Zone 3. Crutchfield lifetime support. Easy to follow set up assistant.
12 of 12 found this helpful
Just an amazing receiver with every feature I could ask for and more. Sound is amazing (I've not even bothered with the Audesey thing, why? I love it how it is! Really a big step up over our older Onkyo that had 2 (yes, two) HDMI inputs. Granted, this one is full now, but still, it's a huge help with everything we connect to it (PS3, PS4, HD-DVD (yes, I bought BetaMax this time), Roku 4, HTPC (Intel NUC), TV tuner (cut the cable!!)). Renaming the inputs is genius. I have not figured out how to get our PS4 to bitstream, I figure it's the PS4 and not the receiver causing the issue, a new bluray player is on the map now. We got a "scratch and dent" but the only thing "scratched or dented" was the packaging, boy it was a mess when I opened the box, when I was done it was just small pieces left! haha This saved us big money, free shipping, $10 returns, it was a no brainer. I can't comment on many of the features, wireless, bluetooth, because we have network cable behind the home theater and bluetooth just has not interested me. One day I'll at least try playing some hirez FLAC and DSD audio via the network and see how that goes. Firmware updates come in fine (I'm still adjusting to getting firmware updates for my receiver), the latest adds more audio capabilities which I really hope to take advantage of soon.
Pros: Amazing quality, easy to setup, easy to use, many HDMI ports, port renaming, power. Crutchfield is amazing to work with. This was my first ever purchase from them. From before the sale to arrival, everything went perfectly. Living in east TN, shipping was 2 days, go VOLS!
Cons: Thought I would need a chiropractor after I got the thing out of the box!! This thing is heavy!
9 of 10 found this helpful
Great build quality, excellent sound and sufficient power. The set up process was very well designed and user friendly. I gave it 4 star because the app is not good enough, needs some work.
Pros: Sound quality, set-up process
Cons: App is not good enough
7 of 8 found this helpful
BEST RECEIVER I'VE HAD SO FAR
5 of 14 found this helpful
My opinion on this unit can be easily summarized: if you can, buy it. In the last few years I have used receivers from Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo and Denon. They were all good devices, but none of them provided the remarkable level of performance given by the SR7010. The video upscaling provides small but noticeable improvement, and the 2.0 HDMI enables full 4K pass through. More than anything else, however, is the quality of the sound, which truly seems to be equal to anything that one hears in a theater. The design of this unit is also unusual and attractive. The small circular display at front center shows volume and source, which is normally all that one needs to know. The fold-down door below the display shows considerably more information when needed, such as the number of speakers in use, the surround mode, and so on. This receiver also runs cool, unlike several others that I have used. Setup is straight-forward, and the onscreen advisor is well organized and very helpful. I had only one problem: at first I couldn't get FH, FW and RH speakers to play simultaneously. I eventually discovered that I hadn't made the correct selections in the "amp assign" menu, and then all was well. Those selections are important, and must be properly done. There may be a better receiver than this one, but I doubt it.
Pros: Excellent video and audio processing, attractive design, well thought-out onscreen initial setup guide
Cons: Setting up amplifiers properly can be confusing
29 of 30 found this helpful
I have the 7010 kicking!I have a small room 20+10 and have front speakers 8060 def tech,s ,center def tech,s 2000 and for surrounds tl3by polk also have two atmos speakers on front speakers ,all I can say it's time to listen to music.very clean sound.outdoors speakers are also banging out very clean audio.Great for movies also so far I'm very happy with the purchase of this great avr.Just ordered the new Samsung 4k blue ray I'm like a little kid waiting. Have js 9000 curved Samsung tv . I'm in heaven now this I the best it could be .you only live once so. Go for it!.
Pros: All good
Cons: Could weigh a little more,my denon 3802avr was 38.5 to 31 but really who really cares IT is perfect..
15 of 18 found this helpful
Wonderful receiver by all means. I have just come from a Sony ES v555 which lasted me for many a year and have upgraded to the very smart Marantz 7010. Not only is it just a joy to look at sitting oh so quietly in the room next to my Sony 4k 65 inch television...it actually controls my 8 speakers just beautifully. I love that when I turn on the particular unit attached....CD player, one of 2 blu-ray players or my cable box that it automatically turns on precisely to that players prescribed settings. Was it worth the 2199 I chucked out for this magnificent beast? Why yes....I would say yes...HANDS FRIGGING DOWN!! (did i mention Im from New Yawk?) All in all I cannot say one negative iota against this lovely addition to my humble home. It was easy to set up and easy to run. I did have a bit of a trial however getting the Front speakers to run simultaneously with my other 3 pair due to a very little setting that Crutchfield guided me through most assuredly. Hats off to this wonderful company that just feels like an old shoe to me now. Comfortable and casual but gets me where I need to be. All the guys in the tech and sales department even SOUND the same with that midwestern comfortable drawl that makes you feel like your talking to an old friend right off the bat. I LOVE THIS COMPANY!!!!
Pros: It is a beast of power and takes no prisoners. Its a very smart receiver that although I have yet to examine all of its offerings is simply spectacular in the basics of pure sound and isnt that what we all really care about and why we are here to begin with?
Cons: I love it too much I think. My wife is jealous.
12 of 16 found this helpful
Great Unit!! Worked right out of the box. Everything I expected it to be. User Friendly GUI. Wish the Chrome version was available in the U.S. though. Easy to make adjustments on the fly as well, with the on-screen display right through the HDMI connection. No separate connection to TV needed. Now just need to update my 4K to OLED 4K. Was a strong proponent for Pioneer Elite systems, but they have dropped in quality for their cost. Marantz has stepped up the game and the price point is perfect for them.
Pros: Everything about it
11 of 12 found this helpful
So I almost.almost bought into the Onkyo when I started reading about the Marantz. The best of both worlds with tons of both HDMI and analog inputs. I have owned two onkyos in the past and have never gone wrong but I figured I might check out the alternatives to see what else is out there. DTS:X? I was reading an online review where they said some good things about Marantz. There was a link that lead to some other stuff that talked about this DTS:X and I started squirming around with excitement like a little child. I only have 5.1 speakers, but now I want more because this sounded absolutely wicked cool. First off, the Marantz was a few hundred more than what I was originally going to spend, so I was nervous. However, I thought that if I didn't like it, I can always bring it back and get the Onkyo. Nope. No way.never. So many features, I am still learning the menus and I can see myself soon becoming addicted to buying more speakers. I kind of already planned on this to begin with but this whole ceiling business.I don't know if I have the nerve to start cutting holes in my roof. I'll probably work my way there very slowly.
Pros: Great sound, tons of options, Pandora radio, lots of hdmi, lots of analog, dtsx
Cons: Just a tad pricey, but all the others are too that can do things kinds of things, so it's really much of a con as it is a "hold your breath and hit the button, you're about to invest into something big and great"
29 of 33 found this helpful
More details on the Marantz SR7010
Features & specs
9-Channel Discrete Amplifier: The Marantz SR7010 is equipped with a power amplifier that reproduces high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound reproduction. The 9 channel amplifier is rated at 125 watts with 2 channels driven (20-20kHz, 8-ohms, 0.08% THD).
Amplifier Assignment: The Marantz SR7010's nine discrete amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup.
- 11.1Ch: Assigns all nine internal amplifiers to the receiver's main zone and also requires a 2ch external amplifier for 11.1ch playback. The receiver's internal amplifiers can be assigned to power the Front, Center, Surround, and Surround Back speaker, with the option to power either the Front Height or Front Wide speakers. You will then use the receiver's preouts to power Front or Wide speakers with an external amplifier.
- 9.1Ch: Assigns all power amplifiers within the receiver for the Main Zone. The receiver's internal amplifiers can be assigned to power the Front, Center, Surround, and Surround Back speaker, with the option to power either the Front Height or Front Wide speakers.
- 9.1Ch + 2Ch Front: Assigns all amplifiers within the receiver to the Main Zone for 9.1ch playback with Surround Back, and Front Height or Front Wide speakers). You'll also be able to connect a second pair of front speakers that are different from the ones being used during multi-channel playback for playback of 2ch audio. The receiver will automatically switch the internal power amplifier between your multichannel front speakers and your stereo front speakers when listening to surround sound or 2ch stereo.
- 7.1Ch + Zone 2 or Zone 3: The nine amplifier channels of the receiver are assigned to power a 7.1ch speaker system in the main zone and stereo speakers in Zone 2 or Zone 3 (but not both). The 7.1ch speaker system will consist of Front, Center, Surround, and the option for either Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide speakers. Based on your 7.1ch speaker setup, either the Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide amplifier channels can be assigned to power Zone 2 or Zone 3.
- 7.1Ch + Zone 2/3 (Mono): Assigns seven of the amplifier channels of the AV receiver for 7.1ch playback in the main zone and one amplifier each to Zone 2 and Zone 3 for mono audio in each zone. The 7.1ch speaker system will consist of Front, Center, Surround, and the option for either Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide speakers. Based on your 7.1ch speaker setup, either the Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide amplifier channels can be assigned to power Zone 2 and Zone 3.
- 7.1Ch Bi-Amp: Assigns all nine amplifiers of the receiver to the Main Zone with the front speakers bi-amped. The 7.1ch speaker system will consist of Front, Center, Surround, and the option for either Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide speakers. Based on your 7.1ch speaker setup, either the Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide amplifier channels can be assigned to bi-amp the front speakers. A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker. One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section. With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a limited frequency range, making its job easier.
- 7.1ch + 2Ch Front (Bi-amp): Assigns seven amplifiers within the receiver to the Main Zone for 7.1ch playback with Surround Back speakers. You can also bi-amp a second pair of front speakers that are different from the ones being used during multi-channel playback for playback of 2ch audio. The receiver will automatically switch the internal power amplifier between your multichannel front speakers and your stereo b-amped front speakers when listening to surround sound or 2ch stereo. Front Height and Front Wide speakers are not available.
- 7.1Ch + Front B: Assigns seven amplifier channels of the receiver to the Main Zone for up to 7.1ch playback and two amplifier channels to power another pair of speakers, often called "Speaker B". The 7.1ch speaker system will consist of Front, Center, Surround, and the option for either Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide speakers. Based on your 7.1ch speaker setup, either the Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide amplifier channels will be assigned to power the Front B speakers.
- 5.1ch + Zone 2/Zone 3 (Stereo): Assigns five amplifier channels to the main zone for 5.1ch playback and four amplifiers to Zone 2 and Zone 3 for stereo playback in each zone. The 5.1ch speaker system will consists of Front, Center, and Surround. Surround Back, Front Height, and Front Wide speakers are not available in this mode.
- 5.1Ch Bi-Amp + Zone 2: Assigns seven amplifiers of the receiver to the Main Zone with the front speakers bi-amped with two amplifier channels assigned to Zone 2. The 5.1ch speaker system will consists of Front, Center, and Surround. Surround Back, Front Height, and Front Wide speakers are not available in this mode.
Note: The receiver's Front Height and Front Wide speakers can be configured as Top Front, Top Middle, Top Rear, Front Dolby, or Surround Dolby for Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround, DTS:X, or DTS:X Neural:X.
Exclusive HDAM & Current Feedback Technology : Incorporating technology derived from Marantz's Reference Series components, the SR7010 features Marantz's exclusive HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) system, which combines ultra fast slew rate and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today's high resolution audio formats. The SR7010 also incorporates Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior audio fidelity
32-Bit/192kHz DACs: The Marantz SR7010 utilizes a 192kHz/32-bit D/A converter from AKM on each of the unit's seven channels for exceptional sound quality. The AK4458 DAC allows you to play high-resolution recordings and hear the increased clarity, detail and dynamic range of those recordings.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): The Marantz SR7010 is equipped with a high-resolution Analog Devices (ADSP21487) 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP). All elements of the Surround Processor are optimized to the highest standards by the use of selected high performance and discrete components, particularly the A/D and D/A converters and the sophisticated DSP surround decoder. The SR7010 is equipped with various surround modes to reproduce a variety of surround sound effects, according to the content of the source to be played. The receiver features Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD decoding; as well as offers Dolby Pro Logic II/X audio processing.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS: DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo: 6
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx
Note: Dolby Digital and DTS listening modes can only be selected if your audio source is connected to the A/V receiver via a digital audio connection (HDMI, optical, or coaxial). To enjoy true 7.1ch Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD surround sound, the receiver must be connected to your Blu-ray player via HDMI.
Immersive Surround Sound: The Marantz SR7010 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats - like Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround, DTS:X, Neural:X, and AURO-3D.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. The SR7010 has the processing power to run a more enveloping 7ch or 9ch Dolby Atmos layout using 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, or 7.1.4* configurations utilizing ceiling mounted, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers (sold separately). A 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by two or four overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. A 7.1.2 is based on a 7.1 speaker layout with either two overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. A 7.1.4 is based on a 7.1 speaker layout with either four overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers; *the 7.1.4 configuration will require an external amplifier.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch & multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS:X: DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space. Firmware update now available; click here.
- DTS Neural:X: Further, DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format. Firmware update now available; click here.
- AURO-3D Upgrade ($199): Auro-3D is the next generation three-dimensional audio standard. It provides a realistic sound experience unlike anything before. By fully immersing the listener in a cocoon of life-like sound, Auro-3D creates the sensation of actually "being there". Thanks to a unique "Height" channel configuration, recorded acoustic reflections are reproduced by these speakers and are heard naturally due to the fact that sounds originate from around as well as above the listener. Once upgraded with the AURO-Codec Decoder, the SR7010 is capable of decoding the original Auro-3D mix and playing back an Auro 9.1 channel configuration.
Direct Listening Modes: The Marantz SR7010 offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Source Direct provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct goes a step further by turning off the receiver's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noised being added to the audio signal.
Stereo Modes: The Marantz SR7010 surround receiver also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers. The 2CH Stereo mode is for playing in two channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer. Multi-Channel Stereo mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers. Virtual Speaker mode lets you enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Audyssey Platinum The Marantz SR7010 features the Audyssey Platinum suite of powerful DSP features; including MultEQ XT32, Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ, Sub EQ HT, Low Frequency Containment, and Audyssey DSX.
- MultEQ XT32: With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. You can select from three types of MutlEQ XT32 compensation curves - Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off). The SR7010 is also Audyssey Pro Installer ready.
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
- Audyssey Sub EQ HT: Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration. Audyssey Dynamic Surround Expansion dramatically broadens the surround soundstage for the ultimate surround sound experience with the option of connecting front height and/or front wide speakers.
- LFC (Low Frequency Containment): Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
- Audyssey Dynamic Surround Expansion (DSX): Audyssey DSX adds front effect speakers to improve spatial sound reproduction. Starting with a 5.1 channel system, DSX adds front Wide and/or front Height channels for better sound staging (although both wide and height speakers can be added, only one pair is used at a time). DSX also applies Surround Envelopment Processing to enhance the blend between the front and surround channels.
Surround Parameters: You can adjust the following surround mode parameters:
- Dolby Pro Logic II Music Settings: While listening in the Dolby Pro Logic II Music format, there are three further enhancements you can adjust - Panorama (broadens the front stereo image to the surround speakers to provide a wraparound effect, especially effective when there is limited output from the surround channels), Dimension (allows you to move the sound field forward or backward), and Center Width (allows you to adjust the width of the center channel).
- Center Image: In the Neo:6 Music mode, the Center Image feature adjusts the output of the left and right channels relative to the center channel, allowing you to make the center channel more or less dominant as needed. This improves the image of the center channel, especially when the listener is off-center. Adjustment varies from 5 (nothing subtracted from the L/R channels) to 0 (L/R channel output is cut in half).
- Center Spread: In the Dolby Surround mode, Center Spread expands the center channel signal to left and right front speakers to create a wider frontal audio image for the listener. It is optimized and designed primary for playback of stereo music content.
- Audyssey DSX Settings: While listening in the Audyssey DSX audio format, there are two further enhancements you can adjust; Stage Height (adjust sound stage height +/-10 when using front height speakers) and Stage Width (adjust sound stage width when using front wide speakers)
Audio Enhancements: The Marantz SR7010 receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic (including PL II, PL IIx, PL IIz), and DTS Neo:6 modes.
- M-DAX: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The M-DAX function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
Level Adjustments: The SR7010 provides the following level adjustments.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
- Dialogue Level: You can adjust the output level (+/-12dB) to clarify the dialogue output from the center channel.
- Subwoofer Level: You can set the receiver's subwoofer output level (+/-12dB) independent from the other speaker levels and system's main volume.
Volume Settings: The SR7010 offers the following volume settings.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB).
- Volume Limit: You can set a maximum volume level of 0dB (80), -10dB (70), or -20dB (60) to limit the receiver's total volume output.
- Turn-On Volume: You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18dB, or Last)
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
Audio Inputs/Outputs: The Marantz AV receiver offers a variety of analog and digital audio inputs/outputs.
- Assignable Digital Inputs: The SR7010 features two optical digital (Toslink) inputs and two coaxial digital inputs. Each input can be assigned to any of the different input sources except Tuner.
- Phono Input: The Marantz SR7010 is fitted with a Phono input (MM), so you can connect your turntable and listen to your vinyl records with high-quality sound.
- 7.1 Channel Input: The SR7010 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound. If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input.
- 13.2Ch Pre-Outs: The AV receiver features 13.2ch pre-outs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Front Height 1 L/R, Front Height 2 L/R, Front Wide L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers. The pre-outs are variable. For compatibility with dual subwoofer home theater systems, the SR7010 features two discrete subwoofer outputs. With dual subwoofers, which can be placed in different parts of the room, you'll benefit from response averaging, which helps provide smoother and more detailed deep bass, compared to a conventional single subwoofer speaker system.
- Color-Coded Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual). The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 4 to 16-ohm. The AV receiver comes with color labels to easily identify which channel a speaker cable should be connected to. Since the speaker cables have labels in the same colors as the connectors on the SR7010's rear panel, there's no longer any confusion about which terminals they should be connected to.
- Headphone Output: The receiver features a 1/4" stereo headphone jack on its front panel for connecting a pair of optional headphones. The unit's speakers will automatically be turned off when a set of headphones are connected.
HDMI 2.0a: The Marantz SR7010 AV receiver is fitted with eight HDMI 2.0a inputs (7 rear/1 front) and three HDMI 2.0a outputs to deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video signals. The two parallel HDMI outputs distribute the same video signal simultaneously to two separate displays, while the third discrete HDMI output allows you to play a different audio/video source in another zone. The HDMI 2.0a jacks support 4K/60Hz and 1080p video signals; as well as 4:4:4: Pure Color sub-sampling pass-through, another feature of the latest HDMI 2.0a specification. 3D video, ARC functionality, Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, and auto Lip-Sync compensation is also supported via HDMI. The AV receiver's HDMI jacks support 2-channel and multi-channel linear PCM (up to 8-channel) and Bitstream (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc) digital audio formats.
- 4K/60Hz Pass Through: The receiver's HDMI inputs and HDMI outputs support 4K/60Hz Ultra-HD, 4:4:4 Pure Color, and 21:9 video pass-through, a feature of the latest HDMI 2.0a specification for Ultra-HD content. They also support 1080p (24 or 60Hz) for playback of high-definition content from Blu-ray, satellite/cable, and gaming devices. All of the receiver's HDMI jacks are compatible with the HDCP2.2 copyright protection standard for 4K service providers.
- 3D Ready: The SR7010 is compatible with 3D-ready Blu-ray disc movies, video games, and other 3D content through its HDMI (v.1.4) connections. 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be needed.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the receiver's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Deep/x.v.Color Support: The SR7010 also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
- LipSync: This feature automatically compensates for the timing shift between the audio and video of the receiver. If needed, the audio signal can be manually delayed to match the video signal; adjust from 0-200ms.
4K Video Upconversion: The Marantz AV receiver's sophisticated video processor provides upconversion from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160 pixels), which lets you connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (HDMI) video sources to the SR7010 and then connect to your HDTV with just a single HDMI cable.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): In addition to handling 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution, the SR7010 also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Wide Color Gamut compatibility via its HDMI 2.0a jacks for full support of Ultra-HD Blu-ray. HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When the AV receiver is in "Standby" mode and the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers HDMI input will be output to your television, via the AV receiver's HDMI monitor output. Once the receiver is turned "On", only video will pass through the monitor output to your TV and the audio is directed to the receiver's speaker outputs.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
Advanced ISFccc Video Calibration: The SR7010 is certified by the Imaging Science Foundation to deliver top video quality, and the unit also features advanced ISFccc video calibration controls that allow for precision fine-tuning of the connected HDTV, even if it's not an ISF certified set. You can choose from a variety of Picture Modes - Standard, Movie, Vivid, Streaming, ISF Day, ISF Night, Custom, or Off. The Custom mode lets you manually adjust Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Noise Reduction, and Enhancer (sharpness).
Analog Video Inputs: The receiver features four composite video inputs (3 rear/1 front), composite video monitor output, and one composite video Zone 2 output. There is also two component video inputs and one component video output (60MHz). The component video output can be used as monitor outputs or Zone 2 outputs.
Video Select Function: You can switch the video input source on the receiver while listening to a different audio signal from iPod, USB, CD, Tuner, Online Music, or Bluetooth.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Marantz SR7010 receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to connect the receiver to your home network. The unit also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n; 2.4GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Either network connection gives the receiver access to your DLNA music server and various online music services. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual Setting, PIN Code, or even through your Apple iOS device (5.0+).
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
Online Services: The Marantz SR7010 lets you access Internet Radio, as well as other online music and photo services from your broadband Internet connection. Currently the SR7010 supports Internet Radio from vTuner, Pandora, Spotify Connect, and SiriusXM; as well as the Flickr online photo sharing site (as of 10/13/2015). The Marantz receiver offers on-screen menu display and control over these web services.
|Online Services|| |
|vTuner||The online vTuner service which offers easy browsing of internet radio stations and podcasts. vTuner enables access to web-based radio stations and podcasts via an extremely reliable online database with a wide variety of content. Internet Radio stations in MP3 (32-320kbps), WMA (48-192kbps), and AAC (16-320kbps) format are supported. You can browse content by Genre, Location, Language, and Favorites. You can store up to 56 Internet Radio stations as presets. The unit will automatically save up to 20 of the most recently played stations.|
|Pandora (requires future firmware update scheduled for 11/22)||Once the network audio player is registered with your Pandora account, you can listen to the automated music recommendation and Internet Radio service. You can create up to 100 personalized radio stations. You can sort tracks within these radio stations. You can skip up to 6 tracks that are being played back within 1 hour. You can also thumbs-up/thumbs-down and bookmark tracks. In Pandora, you can search for the track name or artist name using "keyword" searches. When the search is complete, tracks that have a similar rhythm or sound are streamed.|
|SiriusXM||SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.|
|Spotify Connect||If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify the Marantz AV receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.|
|Flickr||Flickr is an online photograph sharing service that started in 2004. You can use this unit to view photographs on a connected TV that have been made public by Flickr users. You will need to setup an Flickr account to download, upload, and view photographs.|
DLNA 1.5 Certified: The SR7010 is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7 compliant for audio and photo networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music and still-images (JPEG) stored on your Windows PC. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through the A/V receiver and view still-images on your connected TV, or use the SR7010's remote control to browse music & photo files on your hard drive. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and META tag information; so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display or on-screen menu. In addition the unit will display Album Art on a connected television. The Marantz SR7010 supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
|Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.flac|
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11/12).
Favorites: You can add up to 100 items as "Favorites" from vTuner, Pandora, SiriusXM, Flickr, and your media server for easier, quicker access.
HD Radio Tuner: In addition to receiving standard analog AM and FM broadcasts, the SR7010 features a built-in HD Radio tuner. HD Radio technology brings digital radio to conventional analog AM and FM radio stations, with improved sound quality, better reception, and new data services. HD Radio technology provides CD-quality sound for FM stations, and FM-quality sound for AM stations. In addition, FM HD Radio station can transmit multiple programs on the same frequency by using multicast channels. Text data display includes station name, song title, artist name, etc. HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
- Station Text: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles.
- Multicasting: Many HD Radio stations also offer more than one channel of programming. This service is called multicasting.
- Station Presets: You can store up to 56 radio stations presets (8 stations each in 7 separate banks) and name each preset with an 8 character ID.
- Direct Frequency Tuning: You can enter the receiving frequency directly to tune in a station, using the supplied IR remote control.
IP Control: The Marantz SR7010 can also be set up and operated by a home computer on the network via IP control, either via wired LAN connection or via WiFi wireless connection. The SR7010 also features Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) certification for quick and easy integration with Control4 and Crestron home automation equipment.
HEOS Multiroom Compatible: Thanks to the AV receiver's network and IP control capability, it can be integrated into a HEOS whole home audio system via the HEOS Link (sold separately) and the HEOS app for Apple iOS (7.0+) & Android OS (2.3+). The HEOS Link connects to the AV receiver's Zone 2 preouts and a set of stereo RCA inputs or optical digital input on the receiver. Now, you can send the receiver's Zone 2 audio to other HEOS speakers in different rooms of your home, as well as play back audio from other HEOS devices through the AV receiver. From the app on your mobile device, you'll be able to control the receiver along with other HEOS gear and listen to music throughout your home. The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system can support up to 32 HEOS products (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
- Music: You can select which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from the receiver's Zone 2 audio, the Link's built-in online music services (like TuneIn, Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, Amazon Music or TIDAL, ), the music library on your mobile device), and more.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual HEOS devices into a group that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 HEOS products per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group eight rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: The AV receiver only allows one IP connection for control. If the receiver is already being controlled by a 3rd party control system via IP, then the HEOS Link will not be able to control it.
Software Updates: Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Marantz server. Visit Marantz's Owner's Circle for access to downloads to keep the Marantz receiver up-to-date.
iPod/iPhone Direct: The Marantz AV receiver offers wired (via USB) and wireless (via AirPlay) connectivity for your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad. You can even watch video from your Apple device via the receiver's front-panel HDMI input.
- AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the AV receiver, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the AV receiver. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the AV receiver; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the AV receiver. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
- USB Direct: The SR7010 supports digital music playback from an iPod, iPhone, or iPad using its front-panel USB (type-A) port. Simply plug your compatible Apple device into the receiver's front-panel USB port, using the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone/iPad. Stored music and music apps from your connected Apple device can be played through the AV receiver, bypassing the iPod/iPhone D/A converter for better sound quality. The iPod/iPhone/iPad can be controlled by the receiver's remote, or you can continue to use the Apple device's clickwheel or touchscreen. You can search for stored music on your iPod/iPhone/iPad by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. Song/artist information and Album Art from stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone will display on your connected TV via HDMI (song/artist text will also display on receiver's front-panel display).
- HDMI Video: You can also view video from stored movies and movie apps from select iPods, iPhone, and iPads by connecting your Apple device to the AV receiver's front-panel USB and HDMI input. Use the Apple Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter (472LT2HDMI sold separately), the Apple Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your device, and a HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect your Lightning connector iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to the AV receiver. Use the Apple Dock-to-Digital AV Adapter (sold separately), the Apple Dock-to-USB cable that came with your device, and a HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect your iPod touch (4th gen), iPhone 4/4S, or iPad (1/2/3). Using the HDMI input, video from your iPod/iPhone/iPad can only be navigated from your Apple device's clickwheel or touchscreen.
Note: Your Apple iPod/iPhone's battery will be charged while connected to the receiver (max. 1A). This unit will not charge the iPad.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Marantz SR7010 is "made for iPod/iPhone" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 10/13/2015).
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Connector Type||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|USB||Bluetooth||AirPlay||Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Front-Panel USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as your Android smartphone (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32. The unit can recognize up to 500 folders/5,000 files. You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Song/artist information will display on your HDMI-connected TV and the receivers front-panel display. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
Compatible Audio Formats Sampling Frequencies Bit rate Extension WMA (Windows Media Audio) 32/44.1/48 kHz 48-192 kbps .wma MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3) 32/44.1/48 kHz 32-320 kbps .mp3 WAV 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz 16/24-bit .wav MPEG-4 AAC 32/44.1/48 kHz 48-320 kbps .aac/.m4a/.mp4 FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz 16/24-bit .flac ALAC 32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz 16/24-bit .m4a AIFF 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz 16/24-bit .aif/.aiff DSD 2.8 MHz 1-bit .dsf/.dff
Note: The receiver's USB port cannot be used with a USB hub or computer.
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Wizard (via HDMI): With the on-screen graphical display that combines large clear text and colorful icons, plus the Marantz Setup Assistant, setup is both simple and quick, letting you easily make all necessary adjustments and settings to quickly and easily optimize the SR7010 for your particular speaker configuration and source equipment. When you control the sound volume, the volume level is displayed on the screen, and when you switch the input source, the name of the input source is displayed. The on-screen menu display can only be output to your TV via HDMI.
Note: The receiver's front-panel LCD window only displays source input and volume. You will need to connect this receiver up to your TV via HDMI to configure speaker, network, input, and system settings through the AV receiver's on-screen menu.
Smart Select: On the SR7010's front-panel, you'll find four Smart Select buttons that let you quickly choose from the most popular input sources; the ergonomically designed remote also includes Smart Select function buttons. With Smart Select, the SR7010 remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
Multi-Source/Multi-Zone: You can simultaneously play back the same source or different sources in the Main Zone, Zone 2 and Zone 3. The SR7010's Zone 2 offers audio/video playback, while Zone 3 offers audio only playback. This unit is also equipped with an HDMI Zone 2 output connector for transfer of audio/video from connected HDMI sources to Zone 2. The source can be the same for all zones through "All Zone Stereo", or you can enjoy three different sources in these three zones if you prefer,
- HDMI Zone 2: The SR7010 incorporates multi-zone
HDMI audio/video distribution for Zone 2 with the inclusion of its HDMI
matrix switching functionality. The receiver can send two different HDMI
video feeds (up to 4K) to two displays at the same time directly from the receiver.
HDMI Zone 2 also supports 2ch PCM audio from the HDMI input source selected.
The HDMI Zone 2 function is only compatible with the HDMI 1-7 input
connectors. It is not compatible with the HDMI 8 input connector. The volume
of HDMI Zone 2 will be controlled by your TV or additional receiver in Zone
- Compatible Sources: Compatible HDMI Zone 2 sources include the receiver's HDMI 1-7 inputs.
- Incompatible Sources: The receiver's HDMI 8 input cannot be output to Zone 2. Analog audio/video signals cannot be sent to HDMI Zone 2. USB, Bluetooth, iPod/iPhone, AirPlay, Internet Radio, and DLNA sources cannot be output to HDMI Zone 2.
- Audio/Video Zone 2: Zone 2 allows stereo audio/video
playback of another A/V source connected to the receiver in another room of
your home via stereo pre-out or speaker terminal output connections, as well
as composite or component video. To enjoy a video source in Zone 2, you must
connect the same video connection to your second display monitor as
connected to your receiver for that particular source (there is no
video-conversion for Zone 2). Zone 2 features either a pre-outs or speaker
outputs, so you can use this receiver or a separate amp to power speakers in
another room. When using the SR7010 to power speakers in a second room
of your home, the main zone is restricted to 5.1-channel. When using the
receiver's pre-outs for the second room you need an additional amplifier in
that room to power those speakers; the main Zone of the receiver remains
7.1-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the Marantz receiver
using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the
- Compatible Sources: Compatible Zone 2 sources include Analog audio/video inputs, HDMI audio (2ch PCM), Optical/Coaxial digital inputs (2ch PCM), AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone), USB (including iPod/iPhone), AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio (different network sources cannot be played back in multiple zones at the same time), DLNA/Media Server contents.
- Incompatible Sources: DSD audio cannot be sent to Zone 2. Unfortunately, you cannot select USB and Network sources exclusively for each Zone. For example, if you select a network source for Zone 2 when a USB source is selected for the Main Zone, the input source in the Main Zone also switches to the same network source as Zone 2 (this scenario also includes Bluetooth).
- Audio Only Zone 3: Zone 3 allows you to play a
different stereo audio source connected to the receiver in a third room of
your house. Zone 3 features either a pre-outs or speaker outputs so you can
use this amp or a separate amp to power speakers in another room. When using
the SR7010 to power speakers in a second and third room of your home,
the second and third zones are restricted to mono operation and the main
zone is limited to 5.1 channels. When using the receiver's pre-outs for the
3rd Zone, you need an additional amplifier in that room to power those
speakers; the main Zone of the receiver remains 7.1-channel. The volume of
Zone 3 can be controlled by the Marantz receiver using either configuration or
from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources: Analog audio inputs, Optical/Coaxial digital inputs (2ch PCM), AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone), USB (including iPod/iPhone), AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio (different network sources cannot be played back in multiple zones at the same time), DLNA/Media Server contents.
- Incompatible Sources: Analog video and DSD audio cannot be sent to Zone 3. Unfortunately, you cannot select USB and Network sources exclusively for each Zone. For example, if you select a network source for Zone 3 when a USB source is selected for the Main Zone, the input source in the Main Zone also switches to the same network source as Zone 3 (this scenario also includes Bluetooth).
- All Zone Stereo Function: The All Zone Stereo function allows you to enjoy the AV receiver's Main Zone audio source in Zone 2 simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types; analog or digital). During the All Zone Stereo mode, only the "Multi Ch Stereo" and "Stereo" sound modes can be selected. You will have independent volume control in each zone. All Zone Stereo mode is useful when you want to enjoy the same music at the same time in multiple rooms during a get together or party.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV and FLAC music files via USB or DLNA.
Source Rename + Panel Lock: You can change the display name (up to 8 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn't being used, you can delete it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources. To prevent accidental operation of this unit, you can disable operation of the buttons on the front-panel.
Dual Backup Memory Function: This receiver stores its settings in a nonvolatile memory even when the main power supply is turned off. Using the Dual Backup Memory function, you can write settings information to another memory area to back up saved settings for recovery anytime as needed.
- Personal Memory Plus: This function sets the settings (input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, MultEQ, Dynamic EQ, audio delay, etc.) last selected for the individual input sources.
- Last Function Memory: This function stores the settings which were made before going into the standby mode. When the power is turned back on, the settings are restored.
Timers: The Marantz AV receiver features a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Standby function.
- Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Auto Standby: The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (15/30/60 minutes). Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto Standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
Smart ECO Mode: This receiver is equipped with a Smart ECO Mode function that allows you to enjoy music and movies while reducing the power consumption during use, Smart Eco Mode adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level selected to reduce power consumption.
Protection Circuit: This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs. In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Marantz SR7010 features built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1+EDR) with support for profiles A2DP 1.2 and AVRCP 1.4. You'll be able to wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, and more to the Marantz receiver. Up to eight Bluetooth devices can be remembered by the SR7010, so family members as well as friends can enjoy their favorite tracks.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the Marantz receiver offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Control & Song/Artist Display: You will be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the receiver's remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device. Song/Artist information is displayed on your HDMI-connected TV and the receiver's front-panel LCD.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Marantz AV receiver.
Marantz Remote App: The Marantz Remote App lets you control the Marantz Network A/V receiver using your Apple iOS or Android device. Simply download the free Marantz Remote App from the Apple App Store onto your Apple iOS device (iOS 4.3+), or download the free Marantz Remote App from the Google Play Store onto your compatible Android device (1.5+). The AV receiver will need to be connected to the same network as your Apple iOS or Android device. This free Remote App lets you control the Marantz A/V receiver's basic functions (power, volume, input, surround modes) from your Apple iOS or Android device for all zones of the receiver. You can even navigate the A/V receiver's network and Internet content from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. For added convenience, there are eight customizable home screen short cut buttons that allow you to tailor the look and function of the Marantz Remote App to suit your needs.
Learning Remote: The provided IR wireless remote is a universal learning remote control. The remote features a adjustable backlit LCD window which displays information about the sources and modes selected from the remote control. The remote's buttons are also backlit with a press of a button. This remote control is preset with remote codes for Marantz AV components. The remote also contains codes for other manufactures which can be programmed.
HDMI Control: If you connect this receiver and an HDMI control function compatible TV or Blu-ray player with an HDMI cable and then enable the HDMI control function setting on each device, the devices will be able to control each other. HDMI control features include Power off, Switching of audio output devices, Switching of audio input devices, Volume adjustment, and Playback functions.
Remote Connections: The Marantz SR7010 is fitted with the following custom remote inputs/outputs.
- Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the SR7010 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the SR7010 from an external key-pad (sold separately).
- DC Trigger Output: The receiver has two minijack outputs to send a 12-Volt DC turn-on signal to another component that accepts a 12V trigger, such as a power amplifier in Zone 2/3. The conditions under which the trigger output activates is programmable.
- RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked