About the Marantz Reference Series TT-15S1
Marantz visited Crutchfield recently and demonstrated just how fantastic vinyl can sound with their Reference Series TT-15S1 turntable. They simultaneously played an LP and CD of the same music, switching the sound back and forth between the TT-15S1 and the Marantz SA-11S1 disc player. The demonstration showed why audiophiles continue to crave high-quality turntables. This one blew us away, even when compared to a reference disc player costing over $3,000.
The TT-15S1 features a high-density acrylic chassis and platter to provide a low-resonance foundation. A floating mount isolates the motor's vibration from the chassis, and the drive's endless silicon belt ensures the platter rotates at a smooth, constant speed. An included "clever clamp" fits over the spindle and keeps your LP snug against the platter, making it as flat as possible.
The turntable's moving magnet cartridge is mounted in a non-conductive ebony base to minimize any static interference. A magnetic anti-skating mechanism in the tone arm lets you make precise adjustments to keep the stylus tracking properly, so it can reproduce every detail contained in the vinyl.
- includes moving magnet cartridge with ebony base
- non-servo AC motor with endless silicone belt drive
- high-density acrylic chassis and platter
- straight aluminum tone arm
- three solid adjustable aluminum support feet
- "Clever Clamp" by Souther Engineering
- manual operation
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds
- speed variation ±0.2%
- frequency range 20-20,000 Hz
- channel separation >30dB
- signal-to-noise ratio: 80dB
- dust cover not included
- attached 39" RCA audio cable
- weight: 19.6 lbs.
- 17-5/16"W x 5-7/16"H x 13-11/16"D
- warranty: 3 years (30-day parts-only warranty for the cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- MFR # TT-15S1
What's in the box:
- Turntable chassis
- Center shaft
- Shaft base
- 3 Shaft base mounting screws
- Tone arm (with attached 39" audio/ground cable)
- Turntable platter
- Motor (with attached 6.5' AC power cord)
- Motor pulley
- Pair of white cotton gloves
- 5' Ground wire (with spade connector)
- 2 Drive belts
- Bottle of bearing oil (5 ml)
- Felt turntable pad
- Record clamp (Clever Clamp by Souther Engineering)
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- 1.5mm Allen wrench
- Felt tone arm height adjustment sheet
- Head shell
- 1 Head shell mounting screw
- MM-type cartridge (ClearAudio)
- 2 Cartridge mounting screws
- Anti-skating adjustment screw
- User guide
Marantz Reference Series TT-15S1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Marantz Reference Series TT-15S1
Acrylic Base/Platter: The Marantz TT-15S1 Reference Series turntable features a low-resonance, high-density acrylic chassis and platter. The chassis is 17-5/16" wide x 13-11/16" deep x 3/4" thick. The platter is 11-11/16" in diameter and 1-1/8" thick. The turntable is supported by three solid aluminum feet. The feet are adjustable, so the turntable can be leveled.
Assembly Required: The turntable is packed unassembled in thick foam rubber. The platter, tone arm, and cartridge must all be mounted to the turntable base before use.
Motor: The TT-15S1's non-servo controlled AC motor is float-mounted in the left rear corner of the turntable base. To prevent vibration, the motor actually rests on the table top, and protrudes through a hole in the base. A silicon band completely isolates the motor from the turntable base.
Belt Drive: The turntable features a belt drive system, and comes with 2 endless silicon belts (one is a spare). The pulley, which slips onto the motor shaft, has two grooves with different diameters for the two rotating speeds (33-1/3 rpm and 45 rpm). To change the speed, you must manually move the silicon belt from one groove to the other.
Tone Arm: The TT-15S1 features an anodized aluminum, straight tone arm. The low-coloration tone arm has a magnetic anti-skating mechanism and a fine adjustable counter weight. It also has an attached high quality 39" audio and ground cable. The audio cable has left and right RCA plugs, and the ground cable has a spade connector. The counter weight is used to set the proper height of the tone arm.
Cartridge: This Marantz turntable comes with a 6-gram, high quality ClearAudio Virtuoso ebony wood MM (moving magnet) stereo cartridge and non-replaceable stylus. The cartridge is attached to the tone arm via a fixed mount. Tools for mounting the cartridge to the tone arm are included.
Clever Clamp: The turntable comes with a Clever Clamp record clamp from Souther Engineering. This 65mm diameter plastic disc slides over and grips the spindle, locking and clamping records into place. The upturned edges on the clamp allow for easy removal.
Supplied Accessories: The TT-15S1 comes with the following accessories:
- Tool Kit: To help you assemble the turntable, the tool kit includes 3 Allen wrenches and a screwdriver.
- Bearing Oil: A 5 ml bottle of bearing oil is included for regular maintenance of the turntable. It is recommended that you lubricate the bearing of the center shaft every two years.
- Turntable Sheet: A 1/8" thick felt pad is included if you prefer not to place your records directly on the acrylic platter. A small circular piece of felt is included to assist you in setting the proper tone arm height when the turntable sheet is used.
- White Cotton Gloves: When changing turntable speeds, it is recommended that you use the white cotton gloves when handling the silicon belt to avoid damaging the belt.
- RPM: 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm
- Turntable Depth: 28mm
- RPM Deviation: ± 0.2%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80 dB
- Overall Weight: 19.6 pounds (including tone arm and motor)
Tone Arm Section:
- Arm Type: 2 point radial tone arm
- Effective Length: 239 mm (9.4")
- Overhang: 17 mm (0.669")
- Stylus Pressure Adjustable Range: 0 to 5 grams (gradations of 0.1 grams)
- Compatible Cartridge Weight: 33 to 18 grams (excluding head shell)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Output Voltage (1 kHz, 5 cm/s): ~3.6 mV
- Channel Separation: > 30 dB
- Channel Balance: < 0.2 dB
- Recommended Stylus Pressure: 2.2 grams
- Impedance: 0.66 kΩ
- Cantilever: Aluminum
- Cartridge Weight: 6.0 grams
1 question already asked